Azmyth

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

31 replies to this topic

Dale

Dale

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2007 @ 9:27 PM

Azmyth Kaminski, 26, Music Producer, Los Angeles, CA

From the front, he sort of looks like Kyle Lowder (Rick Forrester, The Bold and the Beautiful, ex-Brady Black, Days of our Lives).

CletusMusashi

CletusMusashi

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2007 @ 3:01 PM

I kep thinking if I unscramble the letters in his name I'll find a secret message.

megs

megs

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 1, 2007 @ 1:03 AM

If you solve the secret message will he actually get some screen time?

Gafoon

Gafoon

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 1, 2007 @ 9:02 AM

During the Seattle broadcast, they ran two ads for his Mom's furnature store (I forget the URL) that starred Azmyth.

I thought they had an embargo on public appearances during the run of the show....

CletusMusashi

CletusMusashi

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2007 @ 3:52 PM

I thought they had an embargo on public appearances ON the show!

The Pieman

The Pieman

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 2, 2007 @ 10:09 PM

Hair reminiscent of Flicka much?

RyanCrowell

RyanCrowell

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2007 @ 8:52 PM

He was a big part of why they won in this episode, and he does so without any whining or complaining. I guess he doesn't get the script that everyone else seems to have to read from, which makes me like him more.

Bubbacat

Bubbacat

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2007 @ 7:31 AM

Last week, Azmyth was practically invisible (quite a feat for a guy with those dreads). But he really stepped it up last night. I think he's the only one I actually like now, especially since they kicked Christian off. I really hope he gets to be captain sometime. I suppose he's too nice to just push Captain Joe Douche (tm someone funnier than me) overboard.

Netfoot

Netfoot

Fanatic

• Interests:Girls, model aeroplanes, sharp things, one particular dog...

Posted Jun 14, 2007 @ 8:25 PM

Good going, Azmyth! J.D.was captain for twice as long as you were, and has twenty times the cash as a result! At this rate, you will be a longest-lasting, most beloved, poorest Captain in the history of the Spanish Main! Oh, and I like the new accent.

(And I thought J.D. was an ass!)

SceneStealer

SceneStealer

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 14, 2007 @ 9:02 PM

Totally agree, Netfoot. I never liked Azmyth that much. Didn't hate him, but didn't understand all the love for him. However, his accent is OBNOXIOUS. Surprisingly, I hate him as captain more than JD. And love Louie's commments about the captain hat turning people into idiots!

wandersfar

wandersfar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 14, 2007 @ 9:28 PM

... is clearly insane. I still like him though, or maybe b/c of his batshit British-wannabe ass.

Dale

Dale

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2007 @ 12:45 AM

Honestly, I like Azmyth as captain more than Joe Don. At least he seemed to understand early on that giving up part of his winnings would curry some favor among the crew members, and it seemed to work. They don't seem to hate him at all. A little weirded out by the accent, yes, but I don't think they hate him.

And he made a good choice dumping Alexis over Cheryl, IMO.

RyanCrowell

RyanCrowell

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2007 @ 8:55 AM

I don't think they hate him either. He gave them equal portions of money, he's good-natured. They are just bitching for drama.

When he first started the Madonna accent I thought, "OK, he's not taking this too seriously, he's having fun, I like that." But when he had the accent in EVERY scene? I could understand why were bitching.

I still like him, but I'm starting to get those weird pretentious, fake vibes which Rafe gave out as he slowly but surely lost it on Survivor Guatemala.

Netfoot

Netfoot

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2007 @ 10:14 AM

At least he seemed to understand early on that giving up part of his winnings would curry some favor among the crew members, and it seemed to work. --Dale

Now he has set a precedent. He won't be able to do less than share Even Stevens without the crew feeling that he has betrayed them.

portergirl99

portergirl99

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 15, 2007 @ 10:58 AM

I totally picture Azmmyth dressing up in his period costume to go to the Renaissance Festival. Not to work there, just to attend. Every weekend. Using that fucking stupid accent.

An example of taking the reality show you are on seriously in an awesome way that makes you even more kick ass? Ozzie.

An example of taking the reality show you are on seriously in a totally lame way that makes you look even more like an idiot? Pretty much every person on Pirate Master!

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Jun 15, 2007 @ 7:54 PM

I'm defintely glad he's the captian now, instead of Joe Don, but that accent.... it was amusing at first, but it got old fast. It's not a good sign when the host of the show, looks like he wants to smack you.

hockeypuck2

hockeypuck2

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 15, 2007 @ 11:14 PM

I'm glad he's captain and Joe Don isn't. That accent has got to go though. I also that he set a dangerous precident by sharing the bootie.

Rai

Rai

Fanatic

Posted Jun 21, 2007 @ 10:39 PM

I'm amused that once he got canned from being Captain, he lost his silly accent. With great power comes bad accents, I suppose. Also, his defense speech was pretty lame in an overly serious way. But since he is pretty hot, I'm happy to see him stay around for now.

Netfoot

Netfoot

Fanatic

Posted Jun 22, 2007 @ 1:26 PM

Captaincy over and he's $15,000 poorer than he would have been if he'd just kept his share of the money.

Fooooool!

Dale

Dale

Fanatic

Posted Jun 22, 2007 @ 7:19 PM

Sharing it was smarter and it got the crew liking and appreciating him more, so I do not think he's a fool at all.

However, I have no idea how being a previous captain would equal nomination in Louie's eyes.

As much as I like Azmyth, though, I kinda wanted his journey to end so Cheryl would be safe.

Outlast

Outlast

Fanatic

• Interests:Survivor<br />Big Brother<br />Amazing Race<br />Star Trek<br />Reading<br />Playing games

Posted Jun 23, 2007 @ 6:41 AM

I think Louie meant that a Captain should be black-spotted right after losing the job to test as to whether they were a 'good' Captain or not.

Basically if you're a tyrant like JD then the crew would judge you unworthy and off you'd go. But if you're a good Captain like Azmyth and Louie the crew would allow you to stay...at least I think that's what Louie meant.

And I guess maybe he was right since Azmyth didn't get a single vote cast against him.

Cheryl votes - Christa/Jay/Kendra/Laurel

Jon Don votes - Ben/Joy/Jupiter

Netfoot

Netfoot

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2007 @ 10:16 AM

But if you're a good Captain like Azmyth and Louie... --Outlast

I don't equate "good captain" with "share the money evenly".

The point of the game isn't to share the money evenly, otherwise they could just split it up now, and all go home. The point of the game is to win more than everybody else, and take it home with you when you leave. You don't get to be Captain for ever (unless a real Challenge Monster shows up) so take the half you're entitled to, and next week, someone else will be doing the same. Meantime, use your nest-egg to swing some votes, or bribe someone on the Red team to throw the challenge, or pay Jay to throw Daddo overboard in the night, or something equally piratey!.

Asmyth (and Loupert) played a fools game.

kuromaku

kuromaku

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 24, 2007 @ 3:42 PM

Sharing the money may be bad player strategy, but I think it's good captain strategy, especially this early in the game. It's hard to work up any amount of hate for someone who did what he could to make things as equitable as possible for everyone; reduces the chance of mutiny, makes it less likely you'll be voted off, and you may get the chance to be Captain again, which JD is never going to see. And, hey, you still get the comfy bed and the good rum.

Netfoot

Netfoot

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2007 @ 11:57 PM

In the Caribbean, all the rum is good rum. Except the one with the bat on it. And the one that tastes like sunblock. :-)

My strategy would have been opposite. I'd have told the crew that everyone has a chance to be Captain, and that is their chance to make some real money. In the mean time, I'd have let them drink the 'good rum' and held a chinese auction or a raffle for the comfy bed and the peppers'n'bacon breakfast, with the proceeds going to one of the crew, selected by drawing lots, or who performed the best at the next challenge or something.

JD's error wasn't that he kept the money. It was that he was a behaved like a dick towards the remainder of the crew, when a little less Captain Bligh, and there'd be a lot less emnity towards him.

Edited by Netfoot, Jun 25, 2007 @ 12:09 AM.

SceneStealer

SceneStealer

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 28, 2007 @ 10:44 AM

Netfoot, I totally agree that Joe Don's biggest problem was not the division of money but his asshole tendencies. Unfortunately, I think the problem is, now that Azmyth and Louie have split things evenly, no captain will ever be able to get away with keeping their share.

Netfoot

Netfoot

Fanatic

Posted Jun 28, 2007 @ 8:46 PM

Assmyth's voice went funny again! What a berk!

casey22

casey22

Fanatic

Posted Jun 28, 2007 @ 8:56 PM

The guy is such a tool. He used that stupid fake accent again. Stop it! I was shocked when they voted for him to be caption again. During the voting segment he looked like an idiot. I don't think anyone really likes him and I bet they mock him every chance they get. I know I would.

Dale

Dale

Fanatic

Posted Jun 29, 2007 @ 1:30 AM

Eh. I don't mind him as much as others. But I really don't like this alliance he has with Ben and Jay. Am I alone in hoping the three of them aren't the F3?

breathesgelatin

breathesgelatin

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 29, 2007 @ 2:37 AM

Eh. I don't mind him as much as others. But I really don't like this alliance he has with Ben and Jay. Am I alone in hoping the three of them aren't the F3?

While I'm not necessarily pumped about it, I think they easily could be unless others step it up. Jupiter, Nessa, and Joe Don seem to be the only ones that would be capable of doing so.

missmez

missmez

Fanatic

Posted Jun 29, 2007 @ 2:57 PM

Captaincy over and he's $15,000 poorer than he would have been if he'd just kept his share of the money.

Fooooool!

Not so much it turns out. Here he is captain again and ya just know its because they knew he would split the 40k evenly.

Netfoot, I totally agree that Joe Don's biggest problem was not the division of money but his asshole tendencies. Unfortunately, I think the problem is, now that Azmyth and Louie have split things evenly, no captain will ever be able to get away with keeping their share.

Yes, and its awesome, because they'll never get the credit for it that Azmyth does. I jumped for joy when he got to be captain again because I knew the accent would come back. Its hysterical watching him struggle with it.

Edited by missmez, Jun 29, 2007 @ 3:01 PM.