In The Media: So You Think You Can Link?

• Please log in to reply

2000 replies to this topic

Cynthia187

Cynthia187

Stalker

Posted Aug 26, 2013 @ 11:57 AM

That explains the My Love set. Those moves looked totally Ivan-like. Watching some of his vids, especially the PYT one, he uses a lot of arm movements. He still incorporates a lot of MJ movements in his style.

It was really good to see him. I hope his father is proud of him.

Sumner

Sumner

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 26, 2013 @ 3:05 PM

Was Malece one of Katy Perry's backup dancers at the VMAs?

geeweeze

geeweeze

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 27, 2013 @ 6:29 PM

Interview with Sonya Tayeh: http://insidetv.ew.c...tycd-season-10/

She dishes a little on each of the top 6, discusses her approach to choreography and how she provided input towards the elimination decision on given weeks, and answers the burning question: are you currently wearing large earrings? Apparently she won't be back on SYTYCD this season as she is working on a rock musical set to open in the fall.

Edited by geeweeze, Aug 27, 2013 @ 6:29 PM.

geeweeze

geeweeze

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2013 @ 9:45 AM

AfterBuzz recap of the Top 6 show. AS Courtney is the guest and no AJ as host: http://www.youtube.c...ch?v=w30ly7RttX

Edited by geeweeze, Aug 29, 2013 @ 2:58 PM.

anothermi

anothermi

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2013 @ 3:41 AM

ET article > Travis Wall on Emmy Nom & 'SYTYCD' As Live Therapy

The part I found most interesting...

"Wall has earned three Emmy nominations for Outstanding Choreography, and this year, all the nominees in his category -- Derek Hough & Allison Holker, Warren Carlyle, Sonya Tayeh, ]Mandy Moore and Napoleon Dumo & Tabitha Dumo -- will combine their tremendous gifts to create a routine for the Emmy stage!"

"We finally figured out the concept and it's going to be a routine that celebrates all the nominated shows, and TV in general."

With all these diverse approaches it will either be really great or really awful.

A couple of other interesting points. He spoke about the changes since the season he was on (Season 2).

"Back then, dance was just doing side-by-side routines. Now, everyone has a huge concept. Before, it was about watching dancers, and now choreography is the biggest star of the show."

I think that is true, but I don't think it is a good thing - especially the 'huge concept' part. 

He also talks briefly about Danny, but doesn't really say anything except that he is back on his feet and healthy now. 

MilaNese

MilaNese

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 3, 2013 @ 8:57 AM

I dunno if anyone else posted this already but Strictly has announced that Anya, Iveta and Janette are going to be dancing with the "celebrities" this year (alongside Pasha, so is sticking around I think). I might actually have to start watching it now!

soulkissage

soulkissage

Fanatic

Posted Sep 3, 2013 @ 9:31 AM

Janette too? Wow I will be finding a way to watch!

geeweeze

geeweeze

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 5, 2013 @ 10:00 AM

After Buzz Recap of the Top 4 Finale show: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mabzXEUitbc

Normally AJ really bugs me, but tonight that honor goes to Chloe. LOL I am not sure why, and I probably shouldn't be so hard on her. I've had my issues with Chloe all season for some reason. I think in this case it's just that our enthusiasm(s) for the finale show were on such complete opposites ends of the spectrum, that I just could not relate to her uber-excitement. But generally I appreciate how giddy all the hosts seem - nice to have a fan-driven recap show hosted by such unabashed fans of SYTYCD.

Twitch and Allison are the guests and they are AMAZING!! We get some more information about Allison's Emmy nom and what's planned for the award show this year.

Edited by geeweeze, Sep 5, 2013 @ 10:24 AM.

extramile

extramile

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 5, 2013 @ 11:04 AM

Normally AJ really bugs me, but tonight that honor goes to Chloe.

At least her reactions/comments were relevant to the top 4 show.  Usually it doesn't really bother me, but AJ's often repeated anecdotes on top of a poorly paced show left no time for the Allison/Twitch q&a. 

Ohio, his lack of dance background, his love for Brandon's body, his appreciation for grateful contestants, him hanging out with Comfort and her parents, blah blah.  Enough already.

So glad to see Allison being natural and bubbly.  Sometimes in interviews she sounds like an infomercial host.  Hah.

geeweeze

geeweeze

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 5, 2013 @ 11:14 AM

At least her reactions/comments were relevant to the top 4 show.  Usually it doesn't really bother me, but AJ's often repeated anecdotes on top of a poorly paced show left no time for the Allison/Twitch q&a.

Oh for sure - I agree! He does have a bag of irrelevant comments he brings out repeatedly and it really is enough already. I didn't need to hear so much about his first dance class too - ugh now here is something new to talk about.

him hanging out with Comfort and her parents

Ohhh yes - he does bring this up ALL THE TIME and at length. It's nice to hear Comfort has such a cool family, but AJ really needs to stop dropping this anecdote, at least for a looong while.

To clarify, I generally appreciate what Chloe has to say. She is huge fan and has dance knowledge - all good, valuable things when it comes to contributing comments. Why she bugs me at all is really inexplicable, but she kinda has all season, and something about her here I found, I dunno, a little overboard maybe? Haha but that is because she enjoyed the finale so much and I didn't - that's really it. It's not that unheard of for me to go waaaayyyyy overboard about the things I like, so I understand the general tendency. I just wasn't on her wavelength at all this week. If we agreed I am sure I would love her always and want to be her BFF or something.

I loved Jake being unable to stand the others critiquing Jasmine in her solo. He was like, I just can't! I feel that way all the time with the dancers I adore too!

Edited by geeweeze, Sep 5, 2013 @ 11:33 AM.

Thirteenthjuror

Thirteenthjuror

Fanatic

Posted Sep 5, 2013 @ 11:44 AM

AJ still bugs. I think the show does so much better when he's not on. He's rude, tries to make everything about him, repetitive, and doesn't know what he's talking about when he's critiquing about technique and lack thereof. I love the fact that Jake appeared annoyed with him several times during the show. I think he may be annoying off of the show as well.

I loved Allison and Twitch as guests and when Allison was able to school AJ and the audience with her critiques. I think she would be great in the guest judge spot if there's a show next season. When she described how Jasmine practically had to support her own body in that whole Travis piece and how strong she had to be; I'm sure a lot of people didn't even realize that. I loved her and Twitch giving their insight and yet still able to be fans of the show in the process. I really wanted Twitch to spill who was the 10th girl that got traded out for Jasmine after Cat's insistence. No, I don't think it was Megan Branch. I've said before and I'll say it again. This show likes toying with Megan for the drama and have no intentions of making her a contestant. It has to be something with her that we aren't being shown. It's not always about the dancing.

And I generally appreciate what Chloe has to say. She is huge fan and has dance knowledge - all good, valuable things when it comes to contributing comments. Why she bugs me at all is really inexplicable, but she kinda has all season

I'll take 10 Chloe's over one AJ any day of the week. I can see why she might bug, but I still find her harmless. I find the girl that does the DWTS AB with Kristin much, much more annoying. She's AJ levels of annoying.

Edited by Thirteenthjuror, Sep 5, 2013 @ 11:46 AM.

FrogLenzen

FrogLenzen

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 5, 2013 @ 2:03 PM

Word to Allison becoming a judge. Mary Murphy head judge, Allison and Twitch supporting judges, no guest judges. Ballroom, contemporary, and hip-hop. Blamo.

Anyway, I think the girl who was cut for Jasmine was Alex Kessinger. She's the only one of the seven girls cut at Green Mile whose audition was shown (IIRC).

[Megan Branch, Alex Kessinger, Gabby Marquez, Kayla Bingham, Tessa Garcia, Marissa Milele, Justine Lutz]

anothermi

anothermi

Fanatic

Posted Sep 5, 2013 @ 6:12 PM

After Buzz Recap of the Top 4 Finale show: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mabzXEUitbc

Thanks for bringing these this season. I mainly liked what Allison and tWitch had to say.  

Allison explaining how Amy's perfection could work against her was particularly poignant given that she was describing what had happened to her on Season 2 (using Fik-Shun/Amy as current examples). It looks like she has come to terms with that whole thing - probably long ago. 

I also loved their we're-going-to-be-married-so-now-we-should-act-possessive schtick. 

geeweeze

geeweeze

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 22, 2013 @ 9:29 PM

Very fun Emmy night for all the great dancing and strong SYTYCD presence! Made me very happy indeed. I spotted Kayla, Kathryn and Robert Roldan among the background dancers but I am sure I missed some other familiar faces. So fun to see Mandy and Nappytabs and Allison performing (I didn't mention Travis bc I have my issues with him, lol, but he was great too)!! Temporarily filled the SYTYCD void.

Edited by geeweeze, Sep 23, 2013 @ 7:38 PM.

chowie

chowie

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 23, 2013 @ 7:24 PM

I love that Allison was featured twice, and I believe that was Sonya underneath a nun's habit for AHS?  The other guy nominated, Warren Carlyle - so sad he couldn't participate.  But I'd like to think they paid him a bit of tribute with Neil's opening bit, which is kind of Carlyle-ish in style.

anothermi

anothermi

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2013 @ 10:59 AM

The other guy nominated, Warren Carlyle - so sad he couldn't participate.

I was wondering why he wasn't part of the whole presentation.  If anyone knows could they explain it here?

chowie

chowie

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 24, 2013 @ 3:40 PM

anothermi, here you go:  http://www.lamag.com...the-odd-man-out

And he seemed so excited too!

anothermi

anothermi

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2013 @ 6:40 PM

Thanks so much for that, chowie.  I knew nothing about him.  Now I do thanks to you. 

True Dat2

True Dat2

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 31, 2013 @ 12:11 PM

Virgin America's New Safety Video featuring Christopher Scott, Cyrus, Phillip Chbeeb, Marko, and others. Pretty dang entertaining.

Pretty cool making of video too.

Edited by True Dat2, Oct 31, 2013 @ 12:24 PM.

7 Continents

7 Continents

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 7, 2013 @ 5:21 PM

Fox has announced auditions for season 11 -- dates are set for Atlanta, New Orleans and Los Angeles.

marriedaniac

marriedaniac

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 2, 2014 @ 6:51 AM

Christina Applegate was at the season 11 auditions. Interesting her note on how many people really impressed her:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=3TFdfgobOkw