In The Media: So You Think You Can Link?

• Please log in to reply

2000 replies to this topic

yesenializ

yesenializ

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2007 @ 10:01 PM

Self explanatory... print and multimedia articles to be posted here.

pankaren

pankaren

Channel Surfer

Posted May 31, 2007 @ 8:17 AM

I'm glad I went to page 2 and found this thread, I was puzzled as to where to post this...

"Movmnt" magazine has posted pics of Brian Friedman's 30th birthday party which I guess they sponsored?

Anyway there are a few pics of Travis, Ivan, Danny, Melody... Oddly, no pics of Brian that I could see.

http://www.movmnt.co...zine_00144.html

goobaletta

goobaletta

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2007 @ 4:13 AM

Well pankaren, ask and ye shall receive. I have no idea if this is from his birthday party, but Mr. Friedman got fugged. What's more, he deserved it.

pubmed

pubmed

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 2, 2007 @ 6:32 PM

Did not find this link posted anywhere in these threads*:
Behind the Scenes at SYTYCD

*but I have been known to have selective blindness, so forgive the duplication if this has been posted already

culturequeen

culturequeen

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2007 @ 10:41 PM

Thanks for the BTS link. Explains why I saw black-and-silver cowboy shirt guy doing group choreography.

ngcskate

ngcskate

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 3, 2007 @ 7:36 PM

Also kind of makes sense of something Nigel said last year to Benji's choreography group - "You're all going straight through to Vegas". I've always wondered about that because supposedly everyone in that group had already done a solo and two choreography sessions, I hardly consider that going straight through to Vegas.

elixir0219

elixir0219

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 10, 2007 @ 1:46 PM

Has anyone been able to listen to the podcasts for SYTYCD? I'm on a Mac, and they don't seem to be able to download for me ...

lucinda

lucinda

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2007 @ 2:48 PM

elixir0219, I cannot seem to get the podcasts to work, either. I am in Australia however, so I don't know if my location is influencing that, somehow.

provencal

provencal

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2007 @ 3:20 PM

Posted this on the finalists then realized it should be here. It's a blog about the top 20 rooftop photoshoot.
http://latimesblogs...._meet_the_.html

tripledistilled

tripledistilled

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 11, 2007 @ 11:27 PM

This is a clip about Shauna Noland. I found this interesting because I haven't heard much about her. There's a clip at the bottom of her dancing.

Piece on Shauna Noland

aurochs

aurochs

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 13, 2007 @ 1:22 AM

movmnt magazine has a new post about Mia Michaels' fashion photo shoot with backstage exclusive pictures:

- Backstage fashion photo shoot with Mia Michaels

Also they offer a free moving still book featuring Travis Wall and Danny Tidwell when you subscribe.

Edited by aurochs, Jun 13, 2007 @ 1:23 AM.

yesenializ

yesenializ

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 16, 2007 @ 10:09 AM

Ricky Palomino Interview

Edited by yesenializ, Jun 16, 2007 @ 10:13 AM.

RyanCrowell

RyanCrowell

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2007 @ 4:22 PM

I just saw the new Fantastic Four movie (which I recommend - don't let that prejudice you against the movie, ha), and Lauren Sanchez is near the beginning of the film, playing, what else, a Fox News reporter. She comments on the upcoming marital plans of Reed and Sue. I recognized her by the robot delivery.

mocoo

mocoo

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 18, 2007 @ 12:03 PM

This guy ranks the top 18:

http://realitytvcale...ance3-8951.html

legaleagle88

legaleagle88

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2007 @ 3:25 PM

Here's a story about Dominic from a local paper. It says he's been teaching hip hop for 5 years.

culturequeen

culturequeen

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2007 @ 10:03 PM

Ha, ha. I'm way off my game today.

Nothing to see here, nothing to see!

Edited by culturequeen, Jun 19, 2007 @ 10:18 PM.

provencal

provencal

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2007 @ 10:09 PM

Um, culturequeen, did you notice the date on that article?

shalia17

shalia17

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2007 @ 10:10 PM

I heard E! news is supposed to be going back stage at SYTYCD tomorrow. CAn anyone confirm?

Shenanigan

Shenanigan

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2007 @ 10:12 PM

There's an article about SYTYCD in this week's TV Guide which reports - among other things - that Bryan Gaynor did indeed get a part in Shane's movie. Yay Shane!

RyanCrowell

RyanCrowell

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2007 @ 1:33 AM

Foxes on Idol ranks the top 18 dancers. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but some of the reasoning does make me say something:

17) Jimmy Arguello (17), 21, Miami, FL, Contemporary: Jimmy’s still an unknown to me. He did OK with Shauna, but it’s hart to take someone seriously when they’re dressed up as the Scarecrow.

Sara, who is ranked as #3 on her list, was dressed as a hobo trucker. Doesn't that mean Sara (and Jesus) should be near the bottom of the list with Jimmy?

15) Dominic “D’Trix” Sandoval (12), 22, Roseville, CA, Breaking / Hip Hop: Dominic is fading fast. Once the bandana comes off, the truth is revealed: he’s average at everything except breaking. If he gets a ballroom dance, I think he’s toast. I don’t see Dominic improving throughout the show, and think he’ll find himself just where he started.

Since the only dance he has ever done on the show is disco, how would she know that he's "average at everything except breaking"? EVERYTHING?

10) Hokuto “Hok” Konishi (6), 22, Los Angeles, CA, Breaking: Hok is still a strong personality on this show, despite a tepid first performance. He did well with Jaimie, but even in his area of discipline he didn’t set the stage on fire. Hok will need to show he’s a good partner over the next few weeks or he’ll find himself at the bottom of the heap sooner than he should be.

If he finds himself at the bottom of the pack based on his performances, why does she think that's not justified? If he does great then he should be around for a long time. If he does poorly than he should be at the bottom. She could easily say "he's not good at anything except breaking", but she doesn't take that leap. She was right not to do so, but she didn't bother with such caution for some other dancers.

1) Lacey Schwimmer (11), 18, Redlands, CA, Swing / Latin: Lacey was in another league on the first performance show. Man, was I wrong about her! Her contemporary routine was better than what I would expect from a professional contemporary dancer.

I really thought Lacey was fantastic, but does she actually mean Lacey was better than a professional contemporary dancer? I don't think that would be true, just as I don't think a professional contemporary dancer would be better at swing than a professional swing dancer, unless that dancer wasn't any good.

pinetree22

pinetree22

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2007 @ 8:28 AM

Interview with Pasha Kovalev.

rach el2

rach el2

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 20, 2007 @ 12:32 PM

TV Guide: Why So You Think You Can Dance Is Hotter Than Ever!

Steph

Steph

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 20, 2007 @ 1:02 PM

Woah, the TV guide article says that EJ lost 170lbs before auditioning for the show. That plus his attitude really shows what an amazing person he is.

Hyper Critical

Hyper Critical

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2007 @ 1:10 PM

EJ lost 170lbs before auditioning for the show

Bless his heart - he can just lose that last 40-50 and return next year, if not for making it - for showing up the judges!

culturequeen

culturequeen

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 20, 2007 @ 1:58 PM

And they mentioned what happened to Claire. Do you think that will help to keep people from asking about her?? :)

MarkC99

MarkC99

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2007 @ 2:20 PM

8) SYTYCD outdances Dancing with the Stars. Yeah, we said it. Contestants on this show are serious about their craft.

Are they saying no one on DWTS gives a crap?

I'm ashamed to admit I never even noticed Hok had a signature move.

NaturalTop

NaturalTop

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 20, 2007 @ 2:48 PM

Contestants on DWTS are deadly serious about their craft(s) too: acting, professional sports, etc. Why do these sorts of articles even try to compare the two shows. Silly.

Plechazunga

Plechazunga

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2007 @ 4:57 PM

Since the internet is a medium, is it kosher to plug my blog here?

Solea

Solea

Fanatic

Posted Jun 21, 2007 @ 6:48 PM

Yahoo has photos from last night's show and previous shows.

HERE

____

irisblue

irisblue

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 24, 2007 @ 5:59 AM

Interviews from Jimmy and Faina.

Jimmy sounds very very sore. Faina gets all my points for a graceful exit.