SYTYCD celebrity death match

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

44 replies to this topic

cagewench

cagewench

Fanatic

• Interests:So You Think You Can Dance, How I Met Your Mother, Fringe, Comic Book Men, Alphas, Don't Trust the B in Apt 23, Castle, Switched at Birth, Survivor, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Dexter, True Blood, Torchwood, and cancelled shows like: BTVS, Angel, Firefly, Dark Angel, Roswell, Wonderfalls, Dead Like Me, Battlestar Galactica, Tru Calling, Smallville, Wonder Woman, Black Adder, Reaper, the 4400, Coupling (UK) Pushing Daisies, Heroes, and many more.

Posted Nov 13, 2007 @ 10:35 AM

Current deathmatch seems to be Lacey vs Lauren...

Go Lacey!

reinoe

reinoe

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2008 @ 12:35 PM

I'd pick Lacey over Lauren in everything except in a competition to see who can make the most ignorant comment competition.

Something I've wondered about would be a Hokuto Konishi vs Ryan Conferido. Both of them got screwed in some ways by their choreographers (Hok by Tyce D'Orio & Ryan by Dan Karaty).

I'm leaning towards Ryan if only because he didn't have 3 years to prepare.

JustADream

JustADream

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2008 @ 11:11 PM

Tidwell brothers

Danny vs Travis

lucinda

lucinda

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2008 @ 2:00 AM

Danny! The man is just dance personified, in every part of his body. I'd swoon at being able to watch his hands dance though, so it's no contest for me, given my predilection to favour anything remotely Danny freaking Tidwell. Adoration, fangirl moment, heavy sigh, etc.

CaffeinatedTV

CaffeinatedTV

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2008 @ 2:22 PM

Celebrity Death Match: Cat Deeley vs. Ryan Seacrest.

Tkangaroo

Tkangaroo

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 26, 2008 @ 8:35 AM

Cat = Mother Hen, seemingly-genuine, nice person.

Ryan = Smug, know-it-all, too-obvious about whom he likes or dislikes.

Cat all the way!

I have one: Season 1 HH v. Season 2 HH v. Season 3 HH v. Season 4 HH. Thoughts?

Edited by Tkangaroo, Jun 26, 2008 @ 8:36 AM.

sassymuse

sassymuse

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2008 @ 11:10 PM

Can I take off from your hip hop question, Tkangaroo? (I keep trying to answer it, and would prefer not to start a firestorm.)

Hiphop: Jamile, Kamilah, Ivan, Donyelle, Martha, Hok, Dominic, Sara (I'd not include those three because they're breakers and I was utterly underwhelmed by their hip hop, but feel free . . .), Twitch, Comfort, Joshua? Care to rank? (I'm not including Mark or Will; both chose to identify, when asked about their "out loud" intro by Cat, as "contemporary.")

JustADream

JustADream

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2008 @ 11:19 PM

Hiphop: Jamile, Kamilah, Ivan, Donyelle, Martha, Hok, Dominic, Sara, Twitch, Comfort, Joshua? Care to rank?

1) Kamilah
2) Donyelle
3) Joshua
4) Ivan
5) Sara
6) Twitch
7) Dominic
8) Hok
9) Martha
10) Jamile
11) Comfort

sassymuse

sassymuse

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2008 @ 11:24 PM

While I wouldn't put Jamile at #10 (I'd put him between 1-3), I'd like to echo your female ranking and tell Nigel that there was this thing called SEASON ONE and on that show was Kamilah who could murder hip hop choreography, and so far Comfort's just keepin' up. (I'm thinking of her hip hop in Shane's routine.) Maybe it's a style thing; what I've seen of Comfort in videos is good, but I prefer Kamilah's style by a long shot.

Tkangaroo

Tkangaroo

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 2, 2008 @ 12:32 PM

I think HH season 1 was still some of the best (arguably also some of the worst - Snow and Allen?). And I will forever adore Jamile & Destini's HH. If we are just talking about what they performed on the show as couples.

Also, I think we have forgotton Ryan, Musa, and possibly Allen from season 1. Or am I wrong, was he not hh?

Death Match:

Tyce v. Mandy for the Jazz title?

Edited by Tkangaroo, Jul 2, 2008 @ 12:41 PM.

JustADream

JustADream

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2008 @ 11:35 PM

Mandy. Loved the Neil/Sabra table jazz, the Pasha/Sara "Body Language", and the Mark/Chelsie "Kiss Kiss"

WhirlyBird

WhirlyBird

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 19, 2008 @ 3:48 PM

Josh v. Mark. Who is the better dancer. YMMV but I think their personalities or whatever the heck Nigel keeps harping on are about equal with Mark maybe having a little edge. I just cannot decide which one of these two is the better dancer. Anyone?

splendourific

splendourific

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 23, 2008 @ 11:25 AM

Mark. Aside from personalities, I think he has shown himself to be a more versatile and diverse dancer than Joshua, although I think Joshua is tremendous. The difference is that when viewing them together in the group dances, you can definitely see a difference in technique between the two: Mark is cleaner, sharper, more precise. This was most obvious in the Bollywood group and Five Guys Named Moe routines top 10 week. If you just observe both of their movements, I thought Mark was a stand-out.

Additionally, I think that if you compare their ballrooms (Mark's foxtrot vs. Joshua's waltz, Mark's salsa vs. Joshua's rumba), Mark is technically more proficient.

That's my take, anyway.

reinoe

reinoe

Fanatic

Posted Jun 29, 2009 @ 7:55 PM

I know we're only in week three but...

Shittiest musical guest...

Sean Kingston vs Kritinia DeBarge vs The Veronicas

OK GO!

pinklemonade876

pinklemonade876

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 30, 2009 @ 12:50 AM

Kristinia DeBarge. Prancing and pretending to lip sync (what she did was NOT lip syncing, she didn't even try to make it look real) isn't musical IMO, she was planted on the stage to look hot and that is all. At least the other two put a little effort in it. Plus, I'm a big Veronicas fan, I thought they were great :P

Edited by pinklemonade876, Jun 30, 2009 @ 12:50 AM.