Jean Philippe: Maitre d' Extraordinaire

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

140 replies to this topic

Bubbacat

Bubbacat

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2007 @ 11:20 AM

Anyone so wonderfully snarky and drily disdainful deserves his own thread because, well, we love him. And because he called Jimmy "Sheemy".

Edited by Bubbacat, May 24, 2007 @ 11:21 AM.

EmmyMik

EmmyMik

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2007 @ 12:28 PM

Mmmmm. I loves me som JP...

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted May 24, 2007 @ 1:07 PM

I heart JP so much. Especially on The F Word when he tell GR he lost the recipe competition.

keckler

keckler

Stalker

Posted May 24, 2007 @ 1:28 PM

My favorite line from him was, "Stohp touching yourself!" (Was that said to Jimmy?)

ThatGrrl

ThatGrrl

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2007 @ 4:02 PM

My favorite line from him was, "Stohp touching yourself!" (Was that said to Jimmy?)

Ha! Definitely said to Jimmy. He kept dabbing at his ever-present sweat and then touching the food. Completely gross. And completely funny, when taken out of context. Not that anyone around here would ever do that. Snicker.

fitzwits

fitzwits

Channel Surfer

Posted May 25, 2007 @ 5:23 AM

With regards to JP, I think this was the funniest.
K-Grease won a challenge, and brought Virginia along to the trip to Las Vegas. They are strolling along the strip, and K-Grease said, "Hey, it's Chez Paris where JP is from". And Virigina said, "He's Belgium, you idiot". I might not have the proper wording, but you get the gist.

slyest romantic

slyest romantic

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2007 @ 4:45 PM

I heart JP so much. Especially on The F Word when he tell GR he lost the recipe competition.

You're mixing him up with another of Gordon's maitre'ds, Jean-Baptiste. :)

Jean-Philippe (Hell's Kitchen)

Jean-Baptiste (The F Word)

Two scenes always come to mind when I think of JP: One was when there was a table full of women for a bridal dinner (?). I think they were all single and JP was quite flustered by that bit of information. The other was when the kids came into the dining room. He had a great expression of horror when they all came running in, and a great playful bit when we saw him with the silly string.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted May 26, 2007 @ 8:48 PM

You're mixing him up with another of Gordon's maitre'ds, Jean-Baptiste. :)Jean-Philippe (Hell's Kitchen)Jean-Baptiste (The F Word)

whoops, getting my reality shows mixed up.

bondfool

bondfool

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 2, 2007 @ 10:42 AM

JP is the greatest. I wish he and Gordon would interact more.

Midge

Midge

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2007 @ 4:41 PM

JP is the greatest. I wish he and Gordon would interact more.

Me too, but at least once each past season JP has been the recipient of some Grrrrr abuse. It's not nearly as fun as when the f*cking donkeys get it.

Edited by Midge, Jun 5, 2007 @ 4:41 PM.

lgrant2001

lgrant2001

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 5, 2007 @ 4:58 PM

I hope this season Jean-Philippe has free reign to bitch slap anyone who calls him Jean-Pierre. And bitch slap them repeatedly, without warning, if they prove to be repeat offenders. Also can I just tell you how much I hate those fucking rude extras (umm I mean "diners") who play out their famewhorey temper tantrums on poor, innocent JP.

Edited by lgrant2001, Jun 5, 2007 @ 4:58 PM.

joeysynq

joeysynq

Channel Surfer

• Interests:My fiancee , my son, TV, Movies, and guitar

Posted Jun 7, 2007 @ 8:57 PM

I loved when he told the guy, "Ooh if you call me that one more time", with that squinty pissed of look in his eye. I thought he was gonna go berserk and smack him upside the head with the reservation book. Was that season one where the guy kept calling him Jean-Pierre?

ladyblue

ladyblue

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 13, 2007 @ 2:18 AM

Yeah, that was season one, he looked really peeved when he got to the hot plate.

Sort of off-topic

Hell's Kitchen UK showed some rather interesting and colorful interactions between Ramsay and JP. At one point even Ramsay called him Jean-Pierre.

slyest romantic

slyest romantic

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2007 @ 10:31 AM

He had a horrible accident in 2005 where he broke his back in a fall. You wouldn't know it to look at him, and he didn't seem to miss a beat between seasons of HK. And according to that article, he's only 32!

Aiden

Aiden

Fanatic

Posted Jun 16, 2007 @ 3:12 PM

My absolute favourite part of season 2 was when Ramsey was trying to make some sort of smarmy point to a contestant and got JP to fetch some dude's glasses for him. So JP asked a random guy for his glasses and brang them back to Ramsey with the most confused doe-eyed look.

So awesome.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Jul 2, 2007 @ 11:40 PM

I am totally in love with Jean-Philippe. Didn't you just love that twinkle in his eye and the devilish grin when he (a) told the ladies what they would be responsible for doing as their punishment, and (b) sent that flaming half-wit of a wedding planner who was getting on his nerves to his doom by telling him to complain to GRrrr about the service?

If he ever gets tired of working for Grrr, give the man a show of his own--and get him to write that tell-all book that you just know he's dying to write once he retires!

Erratic

Erratic

Stalker

Posted Jul 3, 2007 @ 1:43 AM

Jean-Phillippe's smooth and evil handling of the Wedding Planner was the most awesome moment of the season so far!

JP: You should talk to Chef Ramsay. *evil smirk*
To camera Nobody talks like that to me when I am working! (Or words to that effect)
Wedding Planner comes back, limping, severely beaten and covered in rancid crab and Solvent Green risotto
JP: (innocently) Did you talk to Chef Ramsey?
*Wedding Planner's limp and beaten body nods*
JP: (Smiling sweetly) So, is he going to speed things up for you?

NB: Some extra ingredients may have been added to this scene for extra flavour...

Edited by Erratic, Jul 3, 2007 @ 1:44 AM.

eirefaerie

eirefaerie

Fanatic

Posted Jul 3, 2007 @ 8:38 AM

I think it was JP's disdainful sneer of, "I don't need to be told how to do my job by a wedding planner" that made me fall head over heels. Well enough, I didn't have a Fake Belgium Boyfriend anyway!

Edited because I can't spell.

Edited by eirefaerie, Jul 3, 2007 @ 9:03 AM.

slyest romantic

slyest romantic

Fanatic

Posted Jul 3, 2007 @ 8:54 AM

I think it was JP's disdainful sneer of, "I don't need to be told how to do my job by a wedding planner" that made me fall head over hills.

If I didn't absolutely adore him before (which I did), I'm totally in love with him now! What a great evil smile to the camera after playing a completely innocent, "You should go talk to Chef Ramsay" angel. Brilliant!

Fiddler1

Fiddler1

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 3, 2007 @ 9:15 AM

I say more J-P in future episodes! The way he sent that lamb to the slaughter was just TOO much fun :)

EvilTadpole

EvilTadpole

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 3, 2007 @ 11:08 AM

Ahh, the sneer made me want that man so badly!! I love me some evil little belgians.

jmary

jmary

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 4, 2007 @ 9:30 PM

Has anyone seen this? I hope he's ok!

JP

Hunter Rose

Hunter Rose

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 4, 2007 @ 9:38 PM

Did you look at the date? That was in 2005. He looks like he's fully recovered to me.

slyest romantic

slyest romantic

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2007 @ 6:02 AM

Did you look at the date? That was in 2005. He looks like he's fully recovered to me.

Not to mention this exact article was posted on the previous page.

Circus Poodle

Circus Poodle

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2007 @ 8:56 AM

Interesting article. Wow, that was a lot for JP to go through. Does it sound to anyone else as if he'd been out drinking? I'd have called a locksmith.

Shows what a heart Ramsay really has, that he phoned the hospital daily to check on JP. How sad that GR lost his protege in a similar accident.

I like Jean Philippe. He doesn't put up with any BS. I loved his little pout when he said he didn't need a wedding planner to tell him what to do. (And I loved his straight face when the wedding planner nodded that yes, Gordon was going to "speed things along". Heh.)

hissyfit

hissyfit

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2007 @ 1:17 PM

I'm glad he came out of it okay. I broke my back when I was 13. I fell down stairs at my school, got up and walked to the nurse's office and asked that they call my mom. I wasn't crying and seemed very calm, but I guess I was absolutely grey in the face. No one realized how seriously I was hurt because I could move around. It took about a year to recover fully, but I wasn't in a cast or anything. I just couldn't do anything and had to be very careful. I got three hairline fractures in my vertebraes, tore ligaments and sprained my back on three steps.

JP was very lucky with a fall like that to still be alive.

RyanCrowell

RyanCrowell

Fanatic

Posted Jul 17, 2007 @ 10:39 PM

Was he on Ramsay's UK show, Boiling Point? I thought I saw someone who looked like him.

I love JP, I wish he could get his own special. Fox doesn't have anything else to air.

Keupi

Keupi

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 18, 2007 @ 1:36 AM

As much as I understand (and agree) why the 'guys' didn't help the 'gals' unload is as much as I love JP for requesting/suggesting the chivalry in the first place. Overall, I don't blame the males for not helping unload the boxes. It's a competition and the females lost the challenge. Granted, the females didn't help the males with any of their losses.

I also didn't see any of the gals complain (though it may have been edited out) about actually hauling the boxes.

But that little suggestion and the way it was suggested by JP (and knowing he couldn't help because I did read about his back injury and recovery), is that one thing that swoons me. It wasn't made in the sense that a female couldn't do it or that the red team of females couldn't do it. It was a rare gem of an exchange.

And, if the Maitre'D makes a suggestion, it's in your best interest to follow that suggestion. That person can help or hurt you later. It did come back to haunt the guys in service. 'A lady wasn't served before the gentleman.' JP could have covered it and the guy kitchen. Instead, he brought the issue in front of the boss. The guys were called out because of it. Hence if the guys went to the delivery area and started unloading/carrying even one load each, JP would have covered that team.

Instead, he didn't with a 'chivalry' issue and given what was shown, how the males caught up on entrees with the females even though no complaints to the chef about that 'service' by JP... was interesting.

I don't know, and I'm sure there's a whole bunch of pride issues, but as a female I swooned and as a professional I respect.

bbb

bbb

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 18, 2007 @ 8:43 AM

And, if the Maitre'D makes a suggestion, it's in your best interest to follow that suggestion. That person can help or hurt you later. It did come back to haunt the guys in service. 'A lady wasn't served before the gentleman.' JP could have covered it and the guy kitchen. Instead, he brought the issue in front of the boss. The guys were called out because of it. Hence if the guys went to the delivery area and started unloading/carrying even one load each, JP would have covered that team.

I never even thought of that! But it makes total sense. As a customer, I'm all too aware of the power of the Maitre'D...but the kitchen connection just slid over my head. JP is the eyes and ears of the front of house for GRrrr. You'd think these donkeys would want to stay in his good books.

slyest romantic

slyest romantic

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2007 @ 9:10 PM

"It doesn't run on solar energy. It works on electricity." (JP to Josh who couldn't figure out why the floor cleaner wasn't working.)

Oh, JP, have I told you lately that I love you?