Hell's Kitchen in the Media

• Please log in to reply

230 replies to this topic

enoki

enoki

Channel Surfer

Posted May 14, 2013 @ 11:54 PM

The seared scallops are part of the risotto dish.

Mystery

Mystery

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 12:07 AM

Ah, I had no idea even after all these years. 

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 7:53 PM

There's a story about the opening of the new Vegas restaurant (no spoilers about the chef) and there's a limited Hell's Kitchen tasting menu! Now we can try the mushroom risotto and beef wellington. I was disappointed not to see scallops. 

http://www.parislasv...kitchen2013.pdf

The link is to the menu. You have to order it for the table and it's $145 per person! 

And the wine pairings are an extra $75???  Sorry - that menu does not seem worth the money, not even close.  The only thing I'd love to have is the beef wellington, and I can get that here in Chicago for a lot less money. 

jersey guy 87

jersey guy 87

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 11:13 AM

It's good that they give you a warning about consuming undercooked food - if you hear GRR yell "it's raw" from the kitchen you've been warned.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 2:25 PM

There are promos everywhere with that one dude repeating the words, of course incorrectly, "bock chewy" and "sue-ee sauce." Oh, my....

JTMacc99

JTMacc99

Stalker

Posted May 31, 2013 @ 4:08 PM

Ramsay also reported that Season 10 winner Christina Wilson - who won a job at Gordon Ramsay Steak at Paris Las Vegas - is still employed there and will also make an appearance in Season 11. "This is an amazing opportunity and I just look at what Christina has done in Vegas and how she’s handled the pressure of running the kitchen, still there this length of time after that program and the success of that," he said. "It’s the success of the business in the real world. I introduced Christina early on in the competition to say to these guys, look, this is not a fly-by-night twenty-four hour success. This is the real deal."

I was just there, and when I walked through Paris, I didn't remember that this was the place Christina ended up. Then I saw her picture on a sign outside the front of Gordon Ramsay Steak and made sure to go back there for a quick bite that night.  Had the Pork Belly appetizer with cheesy grits and it was very good.  Add on a nice glass of wine and $43 bucks later I get to say that I ate at Gordon Ramsay Steak.

StinkPill

StinkPill

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 23, 2013 @ 5:38 PM

TMZ is reporting that Ja'Nel tested positive for cocaine so she was not hired on.  I'm so disappointed that she messed this up. What a shame. 

Edited by StinkPill, Aug 23, 2013 @ 8:54 PM.

GaT

GaT

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2013 @ 8:41 PM

TMZ is reporting that Ja'Nel tested positive for cocaine so she was not hired on.  I'm so dissappointed that she messed this up. What a shame. 

I just read this, how stupid do you have to be to do drugs knowing you have to take a drug test?  I wonder how coked up she was during the competition?

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Aug 23, 2013 @ 11:05 PM

Why does she get to keep a $250,000 salary when she won't be working to earn it? THAT I really don't understand. 

http://www.tmz.com/2...caesars-palace/

TedHinD

TedHinD

Fanatic

Posted Aug 24, 2013 @ 10:15 AM

Rewarding people for drug use as well as stone stupidity? Great contract. Now all the idiots know to apply for HK.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Aug 24, 2013 @ 11:34 AM

TedHinD, judging from the recent crop of contestants, they already know. :)

I do agree is sends a terrible message as far as these types of shows are concerned. If Gordon was ever worried that anyone questioned the validity of an actual job waiting for someone, that's out the window.

extra

extra

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 24, 2013 @ 4:06 PM

Any possibility GR would contact Mary about the job now?

OlfinBedwere

OlfinBedwere

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 25, 2013 @ 6:23 AM

Any possibility GR would contact Mary about the job now?

Maybe a very remote chance, but I doubt he'd do it, if only because he'd effectively be admitting he chose the wrong winner in the finale. If he was going to hire anyone from this last season I'd expect it to be Jon, since he was probably the most consistent competitor and Ramsay would be able to whitewash giving him a "lesser" job on the grounds that he completely crashed and burned when running the pass.

I believe that the contestants' contract states something to the effect of "If the winner cannot take his or her job after the show for any reason, then he or she shall receive a lump sum of $250,000", as Holli did after her job fell through. I'm guessing the show's lawyers just forgot to add in a "If the winner is convicted of drug abuse, he or she shall receive jack f**ing s**t clause", which they'll probably remedy for next year.

DropTheSoap

DropTheSoap

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 25, 2013 @ 1:39 PM

My guess is she gets the cash because it could be viewed that she didn't turn down the job. So she gets the money, even though she's banned from doing the work.

My other guess, as OlfinBedwere stated, is that the lawyers will be revisiting the contract.

Rammchick

Rammchick

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 26, 2013 @ 10:03 AM

More about this -- http://xfinity.comca...ling-drug-test/

Sandynz

Sandynz

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2013 @ 4:44 PM

This is disappointing information. However, not shocking. One would think from this news that all other chefs are dope-free. Please. Furthermore, why is there an assumption that the other HK contestants were/are not using drugs as well as being heavy smokers.

Maybe, in future, HK should screen all contestants prior to the first episode when GR tastes his/her signature dish.

bestpbx

bestpbx

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 12, 2013 @ 9:01 PM

I cannot understand why she will get $250,000 cash when she does not qualify to even do one day's work.  I feel for the poor chump who lost to her. 

Since when is giving $250,000 cash to someone who failed a drug test a GOOD idea?

vexer6

vexer6

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 13, 2013 @ 8:55 PM

I heard a rumor that Heather will be back as the red team's Sous Chef for season 12.

So pissed at Ja,nell, Mary should've won instead.

Pretty late on this, but here's another article on Holli's situation:http://www.dailymail...-Savoy-job.html

I did some research and apparently the reason Holli didn't get the job is because of U.K. Immigration law, basically it prohibits foreigners from getting a job as part of a contest, so that explains why her visa got rejected.  Fortunately things have gone well for Holli since then as she now has her own organic farm according to her Facebook page.

ProfCrash

ProfCrash

Stalker

Posted Nov 14, 2013 @ 11:55 AM

I would guess that the money is tied to winning the competition. If you win, you get the money. I would not be surprised to find out that the Chef's get paid when they are working at their new job. The job is probably meant to be more on the job training for an aspiring Chef.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Mar 7, 2014 @ 6:46 AM

New season starting up next Thursday, from TVZapit:

The competition heats up when Chef Gordon Ramsay returns with Season 12 of HELL’S KITCHEN, debuting Thursday, March 13 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX, followed by the American Idol XIII results show (9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), which moves to its new time period. In the Season Premiere of HELL’S KITCHEN, Chef Ramsay splits the latest batch of 20 aspiring restaurateurs into two teams, men vs. women, and asks them to present their signature dishes. The winning team gets treated to an exclusive dinner with Ramsay, while the losing team is left behind to scrub down the kitchen.

ProfCrash

ProfCrash

Stalker

Posted Mar 11, 2014 @ 7:41 AM

I have it on my DVR already. Now that my Little Man is 20 months, I can count on getting enough sleep that I can watch more of the shows that I love. So looking forward to this.