Glark

Glark

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 10:46 PM

Media-y!

keckler

keckler

Network Executive

Posted May 23, 2007 @ 2:23 PM

I was sad and disturbed to see that last year's contestant, Rachel Brown, died.

Blanky

Blanky

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2007 @ 12:13 AM

Holy crap! I'm sorry to hear that. I hate that I have the feeling that the circumstances behind her death were also sad and disturbing...but I doubt that those suspicions are exclusive to me. Just the wording in that linked report, we're conditioned to be suspicious of it, you know?

keckler

keckler

Network Executive

Posted May 24, 2007 @ 12:29 AM

Yeah, that kind of wording is usually what they use in suicides.

Dale

Dale

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2007 @ 8:15 AM

Aw, that's too bad. I really liked Rachel last season. She was such a nice woman and a joy to watch each week. I'm sad to hear about this happening to her.

chilindrina

chilindrina

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2007 @ 8:09 PM

Wow, that's so sad. She was the one who was BFF with Heather (last season's winner) right?

slyest romantic

slyest romantic

Fanatic

Posted May 25, 2007 @ 9:06 PM

Just saw the commercial for the new season. It has Gordon sitting in a fine dining restaurant, in a dark suit and he introduces himself. Says something like, "I know I've got a reputation for being harsh, but I promise this time, I won't lose my temper" -which is followed by a montage of snippets of Gordon losing his mind on the new donkeys- "I won't scream"- which is followed by a montage of snippets of Gordon losing his mind on the new donkeys- "and I won't swear"- which is followed by a fantastic one scene shot of him yelling at someone, "I'm fucked? You're fucked! (Pointing to the donkey.) And you're fucked! (Pointing to another donkey.) And you're fucked! (Pointing at yet another cowering donkey.)

He ends it with, "Oh, who am I kidding?"

I can't wait! June 4th!

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted May 27, 2007 @ 11:24 PM

Just saw the commercial for the new season. It has Gordon sitting in a fine dining restaurant, in a dark suit and he introduces himself. Says something like, "I know I've got a reputation for being harsh, but I promise this time, I won't lose my temper" -which is followed by a montage of snippets of Gordon losing his mind on the new donkeys- "I won't scream"- which is followed by a montage of snippets of Gordon losing his mind on the new donkeys- "and I won't swear"- which is followed by a fantastic one scene shot of him yelling at someone, "I'm fucked? You're fucked! (Pointing to the donkey.) And you're fucked! (Pointing to another donkey.) And you're fucked! (Pointing at yet another cowering donkey.)

He ends it with, "Oh, who am I kidding?"

BWAH! Don't you just love a man who's so self-aware that he's not afraid to poke fun at his own image?

Bring it on, Grrrr! :)

Edited by legaleagle44, May 27, 2007 @ 11:25 PM.

cherry malotte

cherry malotte

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2007 @ 4:10 PM

Here's Rachel's mini bio for those that didn't quite remember her...

That is pretty sad.

Bard Sinister

Bard Sinister

Couch Potato

Posted May 28, 2007 @ 6:40 PM

The Fox website has posted some teaser clips for the new season. The one with Gordon suited up, claiming he will no longer swear or yell at the contestants is one of them.

LogCabinPat

LogCabinPat

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2007 @ 3:33 PM

eta: Moved to a new thread.

Edited by LogCabinPat, May 29, 2007 @ 11:01 PM.

LogCabinPat

LogCabinPat

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2007 @ 4:34 PM

I had this posted in the Media thread but it's pretty important. According to this article in today's Chicago Tribune, Marco Pierre White will be the new host of Hell's Kitchen next season. And I don't know anything about him except he made GR cry.

Miss Write

Miss Write

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2007 @ 8:53 PM

Hmmm....the guy sounds interesting, but I love my GR. Also? Half-Italian/half-British - sounds like my kind of guy! I bet his accent is delicious.

No, I don't watch the show for the cooking. Why do you ask?

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted May 29, 2007 @ 11:24 PM

I had this posted in the Media thread but it's pretty important. According to this article in today's Chicago Tribune, Marco Pierre White will be the new host of Hell's Kitchen next season. And I don't know anything about him except he made GR cry.

Damn--a man who can make Grrr cry? Is a man to be either feared or worshiped.

keckler

keckler

Network Executive

Posted May 30, 2007 @ 1:14 AM

That can't be right -- can it? I did read awhile back that MPW will be hosting the Brit Hell's Kitchen, not the FOX one. FOX's website still has GR up as the host and I think they've already filmed this season, are we talking about a change in 2008?

Edited by keckler, May 30, 2007 @ 1:22 AM.

LogCabinPat

LogCabinPat

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2007 @ 11:16 AM

That can't be right -- can it?

keckler, I certainly hope not, but you read the article, right? Could it be a British version and I'm blowing this all out of proportion? They don't even mention Ramsay in the article, which doesn't seem right, either, and hiring someone Ramsay isn't even speaking to as his replacement seems a bit out there even for FOX.

I'm perfectly willing to be proven wrong on this.

Edited by LogCabinPat, May 30, 2007 @ 11:18 AM.

keckler

keckler

Network Executive

Posted May 30, 2007 @ 11:55 AM

I'm pretty sure that article mistakenly left out the pertinent network information. MPW is doing Hell's for ITV in the UK.

LogCabinPat

LogCabinPat

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2007 @ 12:23 PM

OK, thank you keckler. When I read this

White has just signed on as the next host of the reality TV show "Hell's Kitchen," formerly helmed by his famously abusive protege Ramsay.

I freaked out. I think I will try to contact the author of the Trib article to confirm. The Trib shouldn't be leaving out pertinent facts like that.

keckler

keckler

Network Executive

Posted May 30, 2007 @ 1:11 PM

Yeah, I believe Ramsay was the original presenter of ITV's Hell's Kitchen, but the Trib really should have made a distinction between British and US broadcasting.

Bard Sinister

Bard Sinister

Couch Potato

Posted May 30, 2007 @ 1:20 PM

That's right, keckler. GRrrr hosted at least one season of Hell's Kitchen that took place in the UK. I remember seeing clips of a celebrity edition.

For a moment, my cold, black heart felt clenched with despair.

LogCabinPat

LogCabinPat

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2007 @ 1:39 PM

I just received this back from the author of the article.

Hi Pat
Sorry for the confusion. It is the British version of the show, but the American distributor has the option to syndicate it to the U.S. according to White.

best

Monica Eng

keckler, feel free to close down this thread or move it all back into the Media thread if you'd like. My apologies for making a mountain out of a molehill. Manipulated by the media. I feel so used.......

Edited by LogCabinPat, May 30, 2007 @ 1:44 PM.

keckler

keckler

Network Executive

Posted May 30, 2007 @ 2:12 PM

No worries, I'll just merge it with the Media thread. It's not your fault, that piece was pretty oblique about making a distinction between the two versions. Totally their fault.

mcgjgl

mcgjgl

Posted May 31, 2007 @ 3:48 PM

TMZ is reporting that Ramsay is planning to open a restaurant with Posh and Becks in L.A. Apparently, they've been friends for years. Odd and disturbing (at leat to me). I guess can see the footballer connection, the two couples seem quite different (not that all friends need to be twinkies). Wonder if he's ever given Victoria one of his "vegetarian" meals with a little beef broth? Read about it here.

Edited by mcgjgl, May 31, 2007 @ 3:53 PM.

chilindrina

chilindrina

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2007 @ 5:57 PM

TV Squad:
Gordon Ramsay loves/hates fast food

Super chef Gordon Ramsay has admitted that he goes to fast food places like Burger King and McDonald's and orders food at the drive-thru...in secret.

GoddessMelissa

GoddessMelissa

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2007 @ 11:13 AM

I didn't notice that this article was in the GR thread

Edited by GoddessMelissa, Jun 2, 2007 @ 11:15 AM.

dunvegan948

dunvegan948

Fanatic

Posted Jun 3, 2007 @ 6:20 PM

I guess this is the thread for this. I see that the chef bios on FOX.com are broken into teams and that it's freakin' girls against the boys. I'm so done with that tired convention. Assign the contestants to teams randomly and forget about gender/ethnicity/whatevertheheckelse.

YourMom

YourMom

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2007 @ 12:24 PM

EW talks to HK producer Arthur Smith

Not much but a few interesting tidbits. One of the weeks this year will be a wedding reception. Some contestants are a little more forthright about standing up to Gordo this year, though we are also promised a lot of "man tears" (pause for anyone who's seen that promo they've been running nonstop to say "duh!").

Also, apparently one fucking donkey makes such an impressive improvement over the course of the season that even Gordon's heart is touched. Appears this is a female contestant but no other details are given. That's one thing I'll be watching for tonight: trying to pick out the donkey--errr, diamond--in the rough.

TVGuy88

TVGuy88

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 4, 2007 @ 4:11 PM

I was sad and disturbed to see that last year's contestant, Rachel Brown, died.

I was also sad and shocked to read that.

Can't wait for the new season to start tonight. Apparently one guy can't stop crying and someone in 2 weeks makes a potentially poisonous dish(!).

Edited by TVGuy88, Jun 4, 2007 @ 4:12 PM.

CarpalFunnel

CarpalFunnel

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 4, 2007 @ 11:15 PM

All I can find is that Rachel died in bed from a gunshot wound.

kikidee

kikidee

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2007 @ 11:16 PM

And I don't know anything about him except he made GR cry.

And hit Mario Batali in the chest with a pan of hot risotto.

Also, apparently one fucking donkey makes such an impressive improvement over the course of the season that even Gordon's heart is touched. Appears this is a female contestant but no other details are given.

Please let it be Waffle House, please let it be Waffle House, I hated how mean everyone was to her.