Cycle 9 Spoilers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

2291 replies to this topic

GoodThings

GoodThings

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2007 @ 10:04 AM

With Cycle 8 over, it's time to see what we know about Cycle 9. I've moved some spoilers over from the end of the Cycle 8 thread to get things going in here:

Pugpix: O.k., so here's what I know about Cycle 9, which probably isn't all that sexy information yet.

Jay Manuel is NOT coming back next time. He is so over the way he gets portrayed as being all nasty and shit (or something along those lines). Hello? Jay? You are nasty and shit. And that's why we love (or love to hate) you. Also, his feelings are hurt that he doesn't get to be on the panel. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

And then there's that oh-so-popular Style Network show he does....(crickets chirping)...nope, I haven't seen it either, boys and girls.

And, apparently, he was really MAD in Cycle 7 (I think it was Cycle 7, they are all blending together like a fat sucking smoothie to me at this point) when they cut High School graduate Brooke after her shoot with Fabio because the only reason they cut Brooke was the Elite Model Management rep who was there for the shoot didn't like her (thought she was too "girl next door"...huh? Isn't that like a Seventeen Magazine and Cover Girl wet dream?). O.k., so she also happened to suck in that shoot, but Jay was really HURT that they kept cutting to his face reacting to Brooke's shoot like she had just performed fellatio on a man old enough to be her Daddy...

So, no more Mr. Jay. Unfortunately we'll still have to suffer through the corsage challenged, ruffle strangling Miss Jay. But no word (yet) on who will replace our beloved bitch photo director. Not Nigel (he doesn't want to work that hard). Possibly one of the other photogs, though (Jim De Yonker). If we're really lucky maybe it will be that awful, toothy lady from Seventeen - Atoosa something?

But, regardless of the reasons, we'll just have to live without that Billy Idol coif and scintillating on-set manner. No more Anthony Dominici either (he was the Exec Producer). So, there may be lots of interesting changes afoot for Cycle 9...

Pugpix,Do you know if Tyra comes back for Cycle 9? I thought that Cycle 8 was her last.

The skinny I'm getting on fat ass so far is, yes, she's coming back, IWatchTooMuchTV. She was making noises about Cycle 8 being her last, but there's a new Exec Prod on board, who apparently has already mapped out the entire season, (uh, cycle), and brought a lot of new ideas to the shoots, etc. I think what happens is the producers (under the direction of the EP & Tyra) come up with the photo shoot ideas and challenges (and I'm sure Jay was involved, too), and then it really becomes Jay's headache to produce the shoots. I personally would revise my decision to stop watching the ANTM trainwreck if Janice came on as photo director. She is one crazy ass mofo I could totally get behind watching.

Jay was upset about the Brooke thing because I think he felt that the Elite Model Management exec was forcing them to cut her at that point when she hadn't really f-ed up anything major. They played up Jay's reactions/grimaces which weren't REALLY reacting to Brooke's shoot. In other words, they edited it to look like Jay thought she sucked, and that's why she got cut. The HORROR!!!!

I agree about Miss Jay (even though he irritates me with the ruffles). REAL models do a lot of runway work, so let's see them really be put through their catwalk paces.

I'll keep sharing the dirt as I gather more intel.

Peace out.

Let's see if we can't find out some actual true stuff this cycle! What? I can dream, can't I?!

soymilk

soymilk

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2007 @ 10:22 AM

lsk posted in Tyra's thread:

STOP THE PRESSES!!! I have just heard from an extremely reliable source that the Tyra Banks show will be moving to New York! Could this mean that ANTM will be moving back to New York Too?!?! And if it does, could it possibly recapture some of the magic it had in its first 3 season?!?! You guys, I'm stoked!

GoodThings

GoodThings

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2007 @ 1:47 PM

You know, that could be the reason the show went downhill so badly....um, wait. Picking girls who have no business modeling for a career is the reason...um, wait. Having ridiculous judges who can't keep what they want straight from week to week...um, wait. Promoting Jay Alexander to director of photo shoots...Hey! That one looks like it's taken care of!

Dolphincorn

Dolphincorn

Fanatic

• Interests:Laughing at misfortune, rooting for the villians, egging on the bitches.

Posted May 21, 2007 @ 7:39 PM

I don't believe the reasons (posted above) that Jay is leaving are valid, if he's leaving at all. If he is leaving, it's likely because his own schedule has become more demanding since he is now the host of Canada's Next Top Model. He participated in the first season of the show, and the speculation that he would host the upcoming season began months ago.

Because he has committed to hosting the spinoff, and because he has commitments to E!, it is likely that time constraints are at the root of his departure from the mothership. I'm sure he didn't flinch when Brooke was dismissed. Why would it be such a big deal to him? Would it be enough to walk away from a plum position on a hit show? I don't think so. Would the overlap between the preproduction phase of ANTM 9 and the filming of CNTM 2 cause scheduling conflicts? Would the following ANTM season start to interfere with the award show season and his future with E!? Yeah, it probably would. I believe that's a much more likely scenario.

Nole Marin is also joining the Canada's Next Top Model team. I know many ANTM fans are nostalgic for earlier seasons, and it's likely that they will be glad to see him.

scarlett627

scarlett627

Video Archivist

Posted May 21, 2007 @ 9:40 PM

Does anyone have a timeline for Cycle 9? Such as when are the casting calls? And when do they start filming?

RobertBlue

RobertBlue

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2007 @ 11:01 PM

Does anyone have a timeline for Cycle 9? Such as when are the casting calls? And when do they start filming?

I don't know when they start filming, but I do know that the casting calls for Cycle 9 were held at the end of March/beginning of April. I'm guessing the home video submission was probably due the second week in April, and the girls fly out to audition for Tyra in person episode was/will be filmed some time in the middle of May. Which would mean the show would start shooting end of May/beginning of June. Of course, outside of the casting call, this is speculation based on experience with other shows.

FathomsBelow

FathomsBelow

Couch Potato

Posted May 21, 2007 @ 11:31 PM

This may be in the wrong thread, but since it was brought up; how long is it between when they film the "Casting Episode" and when they film the first "real" episode?

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 12:40 AM

One week.

HeatherChandler

HeatherChandler

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 11:28 AM

This year they are going to Germany.

lindseyquinn

lindseyquinn

Fanatic

• Interests:binder clips (large), Body Pump (minus lunges), coffee, the color wheel, crafting, crosswords, design, diet soda, DIY, Edward Gorey, Google Reader, elliptical machines, ephemera, exfoliation, Hello Kitty, the hot glue gun, kawaii, kittens (most especially Zooey Grace), Locks of Love, Martha Stewart, McSweeney’s, Milton Glaser, mockery, naps, Readymade, Scrabble, silhouettes, sushi, This American Life, TV, TWoP, Urban Decay, worry dolls, writing, yarn, yoga, 42, '80s night

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 2:27 PM

This year they are going to Germany.

For sure?

GoodThings

GoodThings

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 2:42 PM

Hey, HeatherChandler, we haven't seen you in awhile (well, at least, I haven't). How did you find out that it's Germany?

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 2:57 PM

What the fuck? Germany? I'm sorry, but give me a fucking break! I mean, even Singapore or Dubai would have made better sense to me.

frangg23

frangg23

Channel Surfer

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 3:07 PM

Wkipedia suggested India, Mexico, or Finland. Talk about making sense *eye roll*

goblyn

goblyn

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 3:07 PM

If they went to Singapore they could see the sweat shops where all the clothing they model is made. Frankly I think Germany makes sense, number one, during last cycle's casting episode they played clips from GNTM maybe to prep us?, and secondly, Germany is in Europe at least, and therefore, psuedorelated to the non NY fashion capitals of the world (London and Paris).

frangg23

frangg23

Channel Surfer

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 3:09 PM

But since when is there a fashion capital in Germany?

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 3:11 PM

I don't even know the real capital of Germany. I don't even see Germany's relevance to the fashion industry at all besides, like, producing Heidi Klum...

frangg23

frangg23

Channel Surfer

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 3:12 PM

And Claudia Schiffer. <3

goblyn

goblyn

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 3:13 PM

okay, true, germany doesn't have a fashion capital, but I'd say that, I personally, associate europe in general with the fashion industry far more than I'd associate Thailand, for example.

frangg23

frangg23

Channel Surfer

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 3:14 PM

Apparently, Düsseldorf is the fashion capital of Germany. Look: http://www.germany-t...t_allgemein.htm

Well, they did go to Barcelona and Cape Town. Guess that proves the international destination doesn't have to be like a huge fashion capital.

goblyn

goblyn

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 3:17 PM

Plus Dusseldorf is where Augustus Gloop is from, so you know, its possible that this will be the year a plus sized girl wins.

I'm totally being silly just now after a very hard day at work, so just bear with my strained jokes.

shaunotred

shaunotred

Channel Surfer

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 3:26 PM

Well then goblyn, raise your glass and toast that Zob will finally lower herself to be on a cycle of ANTM

Ooks

Ooks

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 3:36 PM

Wkipedia suggested India, Mexico, or Finland. Talk about making sense *eye roll*

Um, India actually has a lot of fashion.

Has everyone completely forgotten about a little city in Germany called HAMBURG? Only the birthplace of legends such as Jil Sander and Lagerfeld! Germany has a lot of fashion. Berlin FW is slowly getting bigger.

FathomsBelow

FathomsBelow

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 3:37 PM

I've also seen Taiwan and China listed on Wikipedia. I'd say Germany is more plausible but do we have a source?

JAZ853

JAZ853

Fanatic

• Interests:http://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 3:43 PM

But since when is there a fashion capital in Germany?

Isn't it the home of super edgy "makes you uncomfortable" fashion?

lindseyquinn

lindseyquinn

Fanatic

• Interests:binder clips (large), Body Pump (minus lunges), coffee, the color wheel, crafting, crosswords, design, diet soda, DIY, Edward Gorey, Google Reader, elliptical machines, ephemera, exfoliation, Hello Kitty, the hot glue gun, kawaii, kittens (most especially Zooey Grace), Locks of Love, Martha Stewart, McSweeney’s, Milton Glaser, mockery, naps, Readymade, Scrabble, silhouettes, sushi, This American Life, TV, TWoP, Urban Decay, worry dolls, writing, yarn, yoga, 42, '80s night

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 4:24 PM

Plus Dusseldorf is where Augustus Gloop is from, so you know, its possible that this will be the year a plus sized girl wins.

LOL. My first thought, exactly.

Germany could be very, y'know, Sprocketty, so that's kind of edgy ... ?

Ooks

Ooks

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 4:29 PM

Ken Mok said they're definitely going to either Shanghai or Hong Kong one cycle in an interview.

Edited by Ooks, May 22, 2007 @ 4:31 PM.

eyechart

eyechart

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 5:03 PM

Ooh, if it's Hong Kong maybe ELYSE!!!!! could make an appearance again. Watched season one repeats on MTV again...still luv her.

Ooks

Ooks

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 5:17 PM

Hong Kong would be AMAZING. I would love Moscow, too. And, yeah, I'd like Mumbai or Dubai.

chilis

chilis

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 5:41 PM

I don't even know the real capital of Germany. I don't even see Germany's relevance to the fashion industry at all besides, like, producing Heidi Klum...

Maybe they'll walk for Uli? Model reality show synergy here we come!

P.S. I don't think this will happen, but it would be funny!!!!

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2007 @ 5:53 PM

Taiwan or mainland China? Okay. Aren't Shanghai and Hong Kong expensive? Does this mean the girls would all have to share small spaces like most struggling models do? That would be funny.