7-24: "Living Doll" 2007.05.17

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

250 replies to this topic

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:08 PM

As the CSI's continue their search for and discover the identity of the "Miniature Killer", Grissom and Sara's relationship gets exposed to the rest of the team as she goes missing during the investigation. The "Miniature Killer" is finally captured, but not before a member of CSI becomes the killer's final victim

And if you don't know who that CSI is, you haven't been paying attention.

Reinette

Reinette

Channel Surfer

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:56 PM

*flail*

Just, *FLAIL*

EVIL cliffhanger.

EdgeGirl

EdgeGirl

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:59 PM

nononononononononono

WHY do we have to wait to find out what happens! We were able to know Nicky didn't die!

Tell Her No

Tell Her No

Video Archivist

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:59 PM

Now, see! CSI: Miami writers/David Caruso, take heed. THIS is how you create great television!

Tienko

Tienko

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 9:01 PM

I just recently started watching CSI, and I can't believe how invested I was in just this one episode.

Wow. Just wow.

Enthused Fish

Enthused Fish

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 9:01 PM

Okay, so what was with that last interrogation scene? How much of that was real and how much in her head? I was really confused.

Oh, and Nick and Warrick are responsible for arrests now? I generally accept that the CSIs are doing things that don't have any basis in real life, but arrests?

Oh, yeah. I liked the episode, too. ;)

Edited by Enthused Fish, May 17, 2007 @ 9:01 PM.

Winter Faerie

Winter Faerie

Channel Surfer

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 9:02 PM

To be continued, eh?

I'm not the one for waiting.

RoseyGrape

RoseyGrape

Channel Surfer

I hate cliffhangers.

I really do.

nowhat

nowhat

Couch Potato

Not enough Jorja in this to make this compelling. I couldn't even tell if it was really her in the last scene.

Okay finale but I did miss the first 20 minutes so I'll have to rewatch the entire thing before I can render a final verdict.

Dawnie_Faith

Dawnie_Faith

Couch Potato

Wow. I've missed most of this season (though I did see the beginning), so at first, when I saw Natalie, I was all, like, "Lizzie!" (since the actress played Lizzie on The Nine), but by the end of it, I had almost forgotten that fact. Wow.

And I have no idea who the actual victim will be... or was that supposed to be Grissom, in that hallucination? Because that totally fooled me, but again I haven't watched for a while.

slyest romantic

slyest romantic

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 9:04 PM

I gotta say, the second part of this cliffhanger better blow the roof off the place, 'cause honestly? Beyond the last ten seconds of this one, I thought it was extremely underwhelming. And I'm saying this as a HUGE Sara fan. I still didn't get why Natalie killed the other victims, prior to her going after Grissom for "killing" her foster father. I was all pretty "meh" about the whole thing.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 9:05 PM

Nice fakeout with the Grissom interrogation, I really thought she killed him for a second. The whole ep just had a nice creepy vibe to it and the GSR revelation was very well done. Just an understated Grissom rambling.

fifty8th

fifty8th

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 9:06 PM

So what what do you think is Sara's situation survivable?

Merreh

Merreh

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 9:10 PM

I really didn't enjoy this episode. Nothing like cramming in 90% of the killer's backstory in the episode where she's revealed. I don't get any new CSI until fall, I wanted to see the cast, not Natalie. The only thing I liked was WP getting a chance to show his stuff. For the last 3 minutes or so.

Edited by Merreh, May 17, 2007 @ 9:12 PM.

Halcyone

Halcyone

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 9:11 PM

Gak. I feel sick. Now I have to wait all summer to find out if this is the end of CSI for me.

(However, as someone who isn't particularly fond of GSR except insofar as it makes Sara happy and Grissom more likeable, I still feel I must say: The ONLY one he's ever loved. Okay? Can the ship bickering end now, plzthx?)

Awesome acting from everyone. I totally bought Catherine and Nick and Warrick's horror, Greg's barely controlled panic, Brass's anger, and Grissom's absolute terror and rage. Unbelievable work all around. I just wish I'd gotten to see more of Sara, and of Jorja Fox's understated, powerful acting in this episode. But I'm going to choose to believe that we'll get plenty of that next season. They'd better not disappoint me.

flagger

flagger

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 9:14 PM

I missed the credits. Was that Jay Johnson from "Soap"? No kids not Snakes on a Plane. The other Soap.

CatToy

CatToy

Video Archivist

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 9:15 PM

Count me as underwhelmed. Here's a Writing 101 lesson for TPTB - if you want people to be emotionally involved with the victim, show the victim! Sara was in the episode for what? Fifteen seconds? This story developed all season long. It was a waste of an episode to cram all the backstory on the killer into one episode.

My bet is the rain scene was added to give them a way out on how she'll be able to survive. If JF decides to come back, that is.

AmberJamie

AmberJamie

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 9:16 PM

I actually thought that was pretty good. I liked it a lot. Poor Sara.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 9:17 PM

Sara was in the episode for what? Fifteen seconds?

My guess? The real life drama with JF was the reason.

bookworm8571

bookworm8571

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 9:18 PM

Based on the script spoilers I saw prior to this episode and the rumors about Jorja Fox walking off the set, I can now believe that they had to do some rewriting. The original script had Sara walking out to her car, on her way to San Francisco to tend to a family emergency after telling Grissom she would call him when she got there. They apparently cut that out. Grissom was also supposed to admit to Natalie that Sara was his "special one," a line that was also cut. I wonder if the person under the car was a stunt double.

I was spoiled, so I wasn't surprised by the miniature killer being the evil Natalie. Sure, I think the injury is survivable ... if Jorja Fox decides to re-sign or if the producers come to their senses and offer her a decent salary to stay. If they kill her off, I won't be watching again. On an up-note, Grissom has just called Sara "the only person he ever loved" in front of the entire team and he apparently wasn't shy about showing affection at a crime scene, either. He can't have cared that much about people figuring it out if was that open about it.

anstar

anstar

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 9:20 PM

Was that Jay Johnson from "Soap"?

It looked like him. I was wondering why he looked familiar.

So, Natalie wasn't playing with a full deck from a very early age.

Brit Lit

Brit Lit

Channel Surfer

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 9:22 PM

I missed the credits. Was that Jay Johnson from "Soap"? No kids not Snakes on a Plane. The other Soap.

Yes, indeed. It was Chuck and Bob.

CatToy

CatToy

Video Archivist

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 9:23 PM

Except the so-called drama is total and complete BS. It was known that the show was going to do a cliffhanger for over a month before the tabloid articles claimed it was created to cover for JF. (And all the "real" newspapers covering the "story" only repeated the tabloid BS.) Hell, even the Las Vegas papers had articles about it saying they were going to be in town to film the clliffhanger and saying the show was looking for extras long before the tabloids started the rumors.

pollybug

pollybug

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 9:24 PM

Was that Jay Johnson from "Soap"?

You betcha -- Chuck himself! It was kind of creepy hearing Bob's voice coming out of a little girl puppet.

I digress.

Please for the love of all that is holy -- get rid of Jorja Fox! Let Sara die under that car! I can't take her and the squinky relationship with Gil anymore. I want him to go live with Lady Heather.

francis88

francis88

Channel Surfer

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 9:25 PM

Sara was in the episode for what? Fifteen seconds?

I was wondering the same thing. The cameras seemed to go out of the way to avoid "Sara's" face, both under the car and when the MK called her name. I wonder if that was actually her.

jophan

jophan

Fanatic

• Interests:needlework, science fiction, mysteries

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 9:34 PM

I was wondering why they hadn't checked housekeepers long ago. I was thinking in terms of a need for repeated access to the various premises, though, which the photographic memory precludes.

fifty8th

fifty8th

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 9:35 PM

Except the so-called drama is total and complete BS. It was known that the show was going to do a cliffhanger for over a month before the tabloid articles claimed it was created to cover for JF. (And all the "real" newspapers covering the "story" only repeated the tabloid BS.) Hell, even the Las Vegas papers had articles about it saying they were going to be in town to film the clliffhanger and saying the show was looking for extras long before the tabloids started the rumors.

Was there any scene that could be interpreted as a scene they would pull MH into to cover for JF and make it a cliff hanger? Because that was one of the big points in that original article.

hadria

hadria

Loyal Viewer

Please for the love of all that is holy -- get rid of Jorja Fox! Let Sara die under that car! I can't take her and the squinky relationship with Gil anymore. I want him to go live with Lady Heather.

That would be the end of me watching this show and would make it into a dumb soap (hi Grey's!), and would make Grissom a huge liar - since Sara is "the only one [he has] ever loved".

nowhat

nowhat

Couch Potato

I was wondering the same thing. The cameras seemed to go out of the way to avoid "Sara's" face, both under the car and when the MK called her name. I wonder if that was actually her.

I don't think it was. I totally think JF went awol and they did rewrite and reshoot. This episode felt a little off and it could have been much better.

Doubt we'll see JF back next year.

rachaeltb

rachaeltb

Video Archivist

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 9:36 PM

I both liked and hated this episode. Either way, I was definitely creeped out during the whole thing. But I wish, like everyone else, that we had gotten more about the actual CAST as opposed to Natalie. I also wish we had gotten the scenes that were cut, like Sara telling Grissom she'd call him.

LOVED WP's reaction to the whole thing. I love when he gets to show his stuff.

The team's reactions when Grissom said "the only person he'd ever loved" were CLASSIC.