1-23: "East Side Story" 2007.05.17 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

336 replies to this topic

premedchick

premedchick

Channel Surfer

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 7:42 PM

From ABC.com:

Betty and Henry's romance heats up. Meanwhile, Wilhelmina makes great strides in her ambitious power play, and Daniel descends further in a downward spiral. The Suarez family trip to Mexico takes a dangerous turn, as old ghosts create new problems. Explosive secrets will be revealed, and everything will be tied together by a beloved Broadway musical.

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 7:58 PM

After a really rough patch the past few weeks, this episode SOOOO made up for it. Did not see about 1/2 of twists going the way they did (well except for Willie and Marc(o). They need each other enough to get Vanessa Williams singing.)

Too bad about Sancho though. After "Drive" got cancelled, the boy needs work!

However Henry/Charlie/Betty...still not caring. Kristin Chenowich OTOH...will totally care for. Whoo!

TVGuy88

TVGuy88

Couch Potato

• Interests:Besides television.... Weather, World Events, Politics, the Internet, Aviation, Earthquakes

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:01 PM

*dies*

I can't wait for 4 months.

HOLY CRAP! OMFG!

I am speechless.

DeeeDee

DeeeDee

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:01 PM

No Santos! Noooooooooooooo!

GoSoccerMandy

GoSoccerMandy

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:02 PM

I'm so upset that Santos has been off-ed ... knew the second he stepped into the store that he was doomed, but I was hoping against hope. Was really pulling for him! *sniff*

twinmom

twinmom

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:03 PM

Was there any soap opera cliche that didn't get used?

bneeweenee

bneeweenee

Couch Potato

What a great first season this has been. Cheers, Betty!

rhitroadkill

rhitroadkill

Fanatic

Wow. Just wow. ::is speechless:: I love all the new twists they've introduced to make us come back in a few months.

But I wish those few months were NOW.

Lizcat12

Lizcat12

Video Archivist

Can I say that, while still good, that was one of the most depressing Betty's i have ever seen

Santos dead?! Danial high?! and Alexis looked pretty bad.

pookat

pookat

Couch Potato

Noooooo!!!!! No more Santos. I totally called some impending tragedy in the episode where he proposed to Hilda. Why can't they just let them be happy?!

kinkyprude

kinkyprude

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:04 PM

Four months? Seriously?!
I just-
Wow, initial reaction has left me speechless.
Except:
Santos, Nooooooooooo!!!!!

Caitz

Caitz

Couch Potato

• Interests:Writing, reading, TV, movies, internet, travel, swimming, animals, Shakespeare, mythology

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:04 PM

Is it possible to have your head explode while bawling? I seriously can't type.

I loved the orthodontist. And Letty! And I want to see all of Justin in West Side Story.

Love triangle? Don't care. It *is* a movie. A painfully contrived stereotypical romantic comedy. I'm sorry, I believe it.

Still, the scenes had me tearing up. As did Santos and Hilda, as I knew what was coming. And so when Daniel confronted Alexis? I was gone.

Fucking HELL I hate Wili and Bradord. She was so sweet with Marc, though! GO CLAIRE! And wow, WTF, Christina/Amanda?

ALEXIS! DANIEL! NO!

OMG, the last scene. *sobs uncontrably* I HATE THIS SHOW. WHICH IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF THE TRUTH BUT STILL.

whammo

whammo

Couch Potato

• Interests:I am Reality TV's Bitch. Also lurve BSG, Heroes, Dr. Who, Torchwood; continue to mourn the loss of the Wire (RIP Omar), Deadwood, Homicide:LOTS and all things Whedon.<br /><br />When not staring into the plasma, I defend Corporate America against the slow, gangrenous death that gubbmint bureaucrats frequently inflict on good people and good ideas. (Not infrequently, I also strive to give Corporate America a smackdown when it gets out of line).

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:05 PM

Everything chucklishious in that ep has been blanked out of my mind by their offing Santos as soon as he becomes GoodDad. Bastards! (Also fervently hope Kevin Alejandros didn't ask for his demise thinking he was gonna be gainfully employed with Drive for a while). RIP Santos. Kevin, come back to my TV soon, please.

Edited by whammo, May 17, 2007 @ 8:09 PM.

montferrat

montferrat

Fanatic

• Interests:Hiking, Swimming, European history, Gay Spanish Films, Coffee Table Books, and Bad Slash Fiction! Oh yeah, and TV too!

NOOOOO!!!!!!!! Santos!!!!!!

:-(

Poor Hilda and Justin.....

Bitch Charlie.
Loved Amanda with Christina "You want to kiss me..."
Meh on Daniel and Alexis in the car. They do have AMBULANCES in New York for God's sake.

Aww Wilhelmina and Marc.

Pretty good finale!

Once more...

NOOOO!!!! Santos!!!!

Edited by montferrat, May 17, 2007 @ 8:06 PM.

moemac

moemac

Couch Potato

I'm so bummed about Santos. Not Henry leaving, or Daniel and Alexis in the car crash. It's all about Santos. He grew into my favorite character. I loved it when he taught Justin the snapping trick.

TiffanyNichelle

TiffanyNichelle

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:07 PM

I am pissed. They killed Santos and he was being so awesome with Justin.

And I hate that they went so freaking over the top with Charlie as the evil lying cheater. Loved seing Letty from Betty La Fea. Cute cameo. And Kristin whateverhername was really cute with her whole romantic comedies thing.

Claire holding that gun was hardcore! You go Claire. Get Wili, who I did love just a little bit tonight. She gave up the date for her Marc. And she let him hug her, aww.

Wounded Daniel kills me. It's sad that it took him completely losing it for Alexis to realize that he loved her and that she still loved him.

I figured that Amanda would be Fey's when she said that Fey got her the job. I just pray her dad is really her dad, lol.

BTW if I wasn't over Henry/Betty before, tonight sealed it. The loops they are jumping through to keep them apart are just annoying now. And I hate how Charlie was turned in a bad guy for no good reason. Even Walter got to leave better.

Edited by TiffanyNichelle, May 17, 2007 @ 8:12 PM.

premedchick

premedchick

Channel Surfer

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:09 PM

GRRRRRR Charlie!!!!! Dang you for messing everything up!!! You super slut!

SANTOS!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Say it isn't so!

Aww, Willie wanted Mark back......how sweet

Poor Amanda, her mommy was Bradford's whore....like mother, like daughter I guess!

laserfox

laserfox

Video Archivist

• Interests:Just about anything...legal ofcourse

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:10 PM

Ok I loved this episode. I am going to rewatch it as soon as I finished posting.

Wilhelmina is human again. Loved that they used her latest song "The Way We Were". What a great way to make up for not having a full episode musical. Wilhelmina and Marc really shined through this series. I am really glad they made the cute montage because they obviously complimented each other well. "You did not just hug me" "I didn't" sniffles.

Amanda and Fey Sommers. Who knew. This plot I didn't expect and I wonder exactly what effect it will have at Mode!

Cristina having an abusive husband will provide ample oppurtunity for more heavy storylines next season.

Hilda. Oh Hilda, just when happiness is at your door.
Betty. Oh Betty, just when happiness is at your door.

Marc shined in his splendid glory and I look forward to seeing him on broadway!

Claire will obviously be a fugitive since she still is a murderer.

Alexis finally got snagged into the hole she dugged for her father, taking along with her, her brother.
Did Alex kill Fey Summers? How could she have known to call the same hitman?

Daniel oh Daniel, I look forward to seeing you grow next season.

Ignacio drama will also play out next season.

Wow so much to look forward to....

and for the record, I love you Wilhelmina!!!

kanona29

kanona29

Video Archivist

O...M...G

I am in shock about alot of things!

Someone please tell me Santos is just seriously injured and not dead. How horrible is it that Hilda and Justin lose the same man twice in their lifetime??

Things I never saw coming:

Fey being Amanda's mommy
Charlie cheating on Henry with Dentist boy
Alexis and Daniel's accident caused by Alexis' own devious plans
Wilhemina sacrificing her future for Marc

and of course Santos. Just a very sad NO.

I seriously can't wait 4 months for a new season. I need to know what's going on right now!!

This episode rates a full 'WOW'.

Smallcondo

Smallcondo

Fanatic

Just when I started liking Santos.....

Oh goody! a possible fake/wrong father pregnancy! never seen that before *gags*

Amanda is Fey's daughter! Could she be Bradford's? so that would mean she and Daniel.... Holy crap!

And what happened with Ignacio? And did Justin almost kill the original Tony? So many questions.

Marie Blossom

Marie Blossom

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:11 PM

Wow, what an episode!

At first I wasn't too impressed, especially with the whole Betty/Henry thing...I just felt it was too easy and I didn't feel anything when he said he was leaving because Christopher Gorham has already made it known that he will be a full-time cast member next season so Henry should be back (sorry, I'm not sure if this is really a spoiler or a well-known fact, but I thought to tag it as a spoiler just in case). But the twist! The pregnancy (fake, and the baby may be Dr. Farkas'!) surely kept things interesting.

I shed a few tears for Santos and Hilda. They were just becoming a true family and he was excited about the wedding and going to see Justin in the play. I think Justin singing truly set the mood in the last few minutes.

So many twists! Not just the pregnancy, but Claire's escape, Amanda being Fey's daughter, and the Meade brothers' car crash! I never felt that Marc's job was in danger...he simply does not belong with anyone else but Wilhelmina. That hug was so cute, though.

But what bugs me is why Alexis is just starting to care now...hasn't Daniel made it obvious (somewhat) that he cares about her? He was never really out to get her and only retaliates when she instigates.

valny

valny

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:12 PM

Wow, that was some finale. Never thought they'd go that heavy with it at the end there.

knew the second he stepped into the store that he was doomed....

Me too. I thought right away he was going to be in the middle of a robbery and get shot. Damn!

On to more pleasant things.

Ok, my favorite line of the whole series is Amanda's, "Eew, dorkus interruptus" I burst out laughing!

Loved seeing the dual wedding plans of Will and Hilda.

Kristin Chenoweth's dental assistant was really funny. I hope we see her again. "You're DREW BARRYMORE!" And then doing that little squee dance was too funny.

Gina Gershon(Fabia) is supposed to be doing an Italian accent right? Because I swear at one point it sounded like a Swedish accent.

I liked "Marco's" new hair style. He looked handsome.

strangelyhuman

strangelyhuman

Channel Surfer

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:13 PM

Any possibility Santos could not be dead? Since they didn't explicitly say it. I'm crossing my fingers! The last scene was so heartrending :(

screamin

screamin

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:13 PM

Just now, I heard my sister scream "Ew!" so I thought the cat had thrown up in front of her bedroom door, but actually the possibility had just occured to her that Amanda was in fact Bradford's daughter so that Daniel had been sleeping with his half-sister. Ouch. Surely not.

psykostitch

psykostitch

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:15 PM

I was just thinking that too...yuck!

TVGuy88

TVGuy88

Couch Potato

• Interests:Besides television.... Weather, World Events, Politics, the Internet, Aviation, Earthquakes

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:16 PM

Just now, I heard my sister scream "Ew!" so I thought the cat had thrown up in front of her bedroom door, but actually the possibility had just occured to her that Amanda was in fact Bradford's daughter so that Daniel had been sleeping with his half-sister. Ouch. Surely not.

Oh God. There went dinner.

I know this show is messed up... but it can't be THAT messed up.

whammo

whammo

Couch Potato

• Interests:I am Reality TV's Bitch. Also lurve BSG, Heroes, Dr. Who, Torchwood; continue to mourn the loss of the Wire (RIP Omar), Deadwood, Homicide:LOTS and all things Whedon.<br /><br />When not staring into the plasma, I defend Corporate America against the slow, gangrenous death that gubbmint bureaucrats frequently inflict on good people and good ideas. (Not infrequently, I also strive to give Corporate America a smackdown when it gets out of line).

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:16 PM

Ew. I just joined your cat.

Edited by whammo, May 17, 2007 @ 8:17 PM.

twinmom

twinmom

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:18 PM

Wilhemina pushed her wedding to November? SWEEPS!

Marie Blossom

Marie Blossom

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:18 PM

That didn't even occur to me until I read it. That'd be crazy...and gross!

queenofdenile

queenofdenile

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 8:19 PM

Ohhh, poor Santos. I knew he was going to die the moment the clerk gave him that funny look, and it still hurt. I heard a character was going to die and I assumed it would be Ignacio, so I guess a Santos death is preferable to that, but damn, he was hot! I got seriously choked up when he died for real while his son died on stage. (Though on a random note, any production of West Side Story with a Hispanic Tony and a white Maria would require some serious rewrites).

I liked Alexis for the first time in forever and I really hope she and Daniel can become friends, you know, if they're not dead. Well, I seriously doubt Daniel is dead. Alexis, I'm betting probably isn't either but more likely her than Daniel.

Try as I might, I cannot bring myself to care one whit about Betty/Henry/Charlie and this ridiculous contrivance is seriously inhibiting my enjoyment of the show. I don't want to dread *any* scene that Betty's in, and I'm groaning in anticipation to see how long B/H will be dragged out again. I had counted on them getting together by the finale and putting me out of my misery, but alas.

Amanda is Fey Sommers' daughter! Christina has a husband! At least I can count on those two to bring on the fun next year.