Moonlight: Another Vampire/Detective show?!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

4944 replies to this topic

molsongrrrl

molsongrrrl

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2008 @ 9:10 PM

Sacred Ass Paddle. I wish that could be my new username.

I was thinking the same thing!

JennaH

JennaH

Channel Surfer

Posted May 16, 2008 @ 9:12 PM

It seems that Sci-Fi Wire is getting nailed by Moonlight fans writing to the wrong place and is not amused.

http://www.scifi.com...ex.php?id=54173

Moonlight Fans: Don't Write Me!

SCI FI Wire has been inundated with misdirected e-mails asking for the SCI FI Channel to pick up CBS' canceled vampire drama Moonlight.

SCI FI Wire is the daily news service of SCIFI.COM and has nothing to do with the programming or policies of SCI FI Channel.

All e-mails sent to scifiwire@scifi.com about Moonlight will be deleted. The SCI FI Wire e-mail address is for news tips or comments about SCI FI Wire stories.

If you wish to write SCI FI Channel, it's best to do so by snail mail: 21st floor, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112.

JoJoGinger

JoJoGinger

Channel Surfer

Posted May 16, 2008 @ 9:12 PM

Oh, show. I am going to miss you. And I still feel slighted because I was hoping at some point in this show's life, we were going to see some Hawt. Vampire/Human. Sex.

Grr.

[shakes fist in general direction of CBS]

Calicocat

Calicocat

Video Archivist

Posted May 16, 2008 @ 9:48 PM

Despite the mortal/ immortal dilemma, in my mind's eye they are going to live happily ever after. I certainly enjoyed the ride while it lasted.

ITA. Such a good show. I'm really glad that there wasn't a big cliffhanger even if there are plenty of questions remaining. Too sad to say anything more.

Shanmac

Shanmac

Video Archivist

Posted May 16, 2008 @ 9:56 PM

I'm not getting my hopes up that another network will pick it up (although that would rock, obviously), so if that's the ending, I can live with that -- it was a pretty solid episode. Even if the new(est) Cleaner and her crew, in their stupid leather outfits, were kind of ridiculous. There was plenty that I loved -- Logan getting to be a badass, Josef showing a softer side (loved his scene with Beth), Mick finally showing his feelings after watching Beth pursue him for so long. The sacred ass paddle/karma bit cracked me up, too. I also loved that Mick knocked (repeatedly, ha!) before he came back for his dramatic declaration of love. Such a gentleman, and such a dork. Aw, I'm going to miss him.

What a bittersweet day. I am usually so exited on Friday's because new Moonlight but to know that is is(most likely) the last new episode we will ever see

Yep. I usually don't get a chance to watch it on Fridays, but I made a point of being home to see it tonight. Usually I'm happy to know I've got a new ep on my DVR, but tonight, it was, "Awww. Last one."

Janie1130

Janie1130

Video Archivist

Posted May 16, 2008 @ 10:02 PM

What a wonderful episode.

I fucking hate CBS.

sissykay

sissykay

Stalker

Posted May 16, 2008 @ 10:12 PM

Hearst college? Was that a shout out to Veronica Mars fans?

I was rolling my eyes tonight at the stupid story then all of a sudden they sucked me in, as they have done in the past with other twists, with the vampire league. I thought that was a neat part of the story and would love to see more of that type of story. It looked like they might be heading that way with the list of vamps being sent to the DA. Maybe we will find out if it gets picked up.

oxymoron417

oxymoron417

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2008 @ 10:18 PM

No No No No No. NOOOOOOOO. They can't leave it like that. What about the morning after? I want to see them in bed together, with Mick shirtless (well, I wouldn't mind naked). I hate CBS.

catlg86

catlg86

Channel Surfer

Posted May 16, 2008 @ 10:52 PM

I spent the past 2 1/2 hours watching the episode because I didn't want it to end. I need to watch it all in one sitting to get a better feel for it, but I frickin' loved it! So very awesome. Logan is def. my favorite vampire, after Mick and Josef of course.

TerrifyinMonkey

TerrifyinMonkey

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2008 @ 11:09 PM

Okay, well, if it HAS to end, then I guess that's a pretty satisfying ending. McBeth all resolved (for now), Claudia Black as a cleaner, and oh by the way, did I mention that between Jason Dohring, Hearst College, and all the frat house action, this felt like a vampiric episode of Veronica Mars, which I'm quite alright with?

Nonetheless. Fuck you, CBS.

tarragon918

tarragon918

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2008 @ 11:15 PM

Tonight's episode was the first I saw of this show--and I'm sad to hear the CBS isn't renewing it for next season. A friend at work recommended the show to me, after I had turned her on to New Amsterdam (also cancelled, unfortunately). There were some aspects of the story that I didn't understand, but I followed most of it. Wow, it certainly was a good show tonight--a bit of a cliffhanger, though, that it would be nice to find out what happens, but okay if it's just left hanging. I was a bit squicked out at the blood but then I'm very squeamish at the sight of blood (there are many scenes on ER that I totally close my eyes and squeeze them shut for LOL). Maybe SciFi will pick up the series.

penguinrn

penguinrn

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 16, 2008 @ 11:47 PM

I cried through a lot of it knowing that it would be the last one, probably. I frikkin' love this show. I liked how it ended, and I could live with that (if I had to). However, I would like to know about the vampire list that got sent to the ADA.

I HATE CBS for this. This show is so damn good. I thought tonight was really good.

I will follow AO'L wherever he goes, but I wish it could have been on ML for a couple more seasons. I want to know how THIS story ends. I guess it'll all have to be left to my very fertile imagination.

What a ride.

Last Time Lord

Last Time Lord

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2008 @ 12:04 AM

Hearst college? Was that a shout out to Veronica Mars fans?

I think it was a continuity nod. Wasn't the victim from the pilot a student at Hearst College?

never enoughjam

never enoughjam

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2008 @ 12:07 AM

"Because I love you."

Best. Exit. Line. Ever. If that's the last line of the show, it was the perfect one. I'm glad we got some closure; no cliffhangers, some good vamp action, and Claudia Black as the (wow!!!) cleaner. And of course, Mick finally gets past his commitment issues. Well done all around.

Boy, am I ever going to miss this show. But it went out on a high note, and I'm happy.

Please, Warner Brothers, give us a DVD?

tjl

tjl

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2008 @ 12:09 AM

Wasn't the victim from the pilot a student at Hearst College?

I think so. That said, Hearst College is where season 3 of Veronica Mars took place. It was also produced by Joel Silver so yes, it is a shout out to VM.

Edited by tjl, May 17, 2008 @ 12:10 AM.

My Immortal

My Immortal

Channel Surfer

Posted May 17, 2008 @ 12:48 AM

Loved the ep! I can live with this as the series finale. The writing on the show still has room for improvement, but I love the overall direction of the show. After years of hating romances on TV shows because they never ultimately go the way I want, finally Moonlight gave me a romance that feels like it was written just for me. So I can forgive the show a lot of faults just because of that.

So many great little bits... Logan as Lando Calrissian. Josef just loving those awkward moments. Claudia Black looking awesome.

So vamps don't usually have sex with the freshies; they only use them as blood donors? I could never be a freshie, so it doesn't bother me but... there go a million fangirl fantasies.

Mick finally declared his love... but Beth had to break up with him first. I think Beth's going to have to get used to giving him ultimatums whenever she wants him to move his ass in their relationship. Heh.

I guess we'll always have to wonder who sent Talbot the list of names. Don't know if this still needs to be in a spoiler but a friend who reads spoilers told me that something cut out of this ep was the revelation that Talbot has a brother who was killed by vampires.

bluwater

bluwater

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2008 @ 2:11 AM

That was a fantastic episode! I hate CBS with the fire of a billion suns. So much goodness and so many ways to take this series. The list...I HAVE TO KNOW!! Who the hell is trying to out the Vampire Nation?!

The married couple...awww, so sad. That was Anthony LaPaglia's brother, right?

Methinks Mick was enjoying his freshie a little too much. Hehe. He had that tongue workin'.

I love this show more than anything and I am praying for a miracle.

ljande

ljande

Video Archivist

Posted May 17, 2008 @ 2:11 AM

Dammit, I loved this show!

Mick finally tells Beth he loves her and I have to use my imagination to come up with where their love story goes from here. Good thing I have a great imagination ;)

And damned good thing Mick has such a great memory. Who the hell remembers what they or anyone else was wearing 8 months ago??? I hate that stupid plot contrivance.

Also loved that we got to see Guiellermo and Logan (he left his basement!) one last time. Gotta say if I couldn't be Mick's freshie, I'd volunteer my veins to Guiellermo - ha.

This show was unique and I know it would have gotten better in terms of the writing if it had been given a chance. Stupid CBS! Stupid Les and Nina! If I didn't luuuuuuuuurve Craig Ferguson so much, I'd boycott them altogether. Well, at least I'll not be contributing to their primetime ratings.

Shanmac

Shanmac

Video Archivist

Posted May 17, 2008 @ 2:13 AM

However, I would like to know about the vampire list that got sent to the ADA.

I assumed it was Jackson, knowing that his wife was going to have to die for what she did. He didn't seem surprised to see that the Cleaner was about to have her torched, and seemed totally prepared to die with her. I figured since she had threatened to expose all the vampires in L.A., he sent the list to the ADA as a final "fuck you" to those who were goign to kill her.

ljande

ljande

Video Archivist

Posted May 17, 2008 @ 2:16 AM

I assumed it was Jackson, knowing that his wife was going to have to die for what she did. He didn't seem surprised to see that the Cleaner was about to have her torched, and seemed totally prepared to die with her. I figured since she had threatened to expose all the vampires in L.A., he sent the list to the ADA as a final "fuck you" to those who were goign to kill her

Yeah, but then who was the mysterious male caller?

Shanmac

Shanmac

Video Archivist

Posted May 17, 2008 @ 2:21 AM

Oops, no idea. I forgot about the caller. Nevermind! :)

Who the hell remembers what they or anyone else was wearing 8 months ago???

I loved that bit, because I always remember stupid stuff like that. I remember what my hubby wore on our first date five years ago (and, conversely, what I wore). A friend of mine and I have a running joke that our friendship started over a purse, because the first time she saw me, she noticed it and thought it was cute, so whenever she'd see me after that, she thought, "There's Purse Girl! I should befriend her!"

I loved that Logan was there, but considering that he'd previously bitched that he'd never met Josef, I thought it was a little weird that he was included. I loved seeing Guillermo there, too.

ljande

ljande

Video Archivist

Posted May 17, 2008 @ 2:38 AM

lol - I've just never had a good memory for things like that. Hell I don't remember what I wore 2 days ago.

You spelled Guillermo so much better than I did -- I knew mine didn't look right. And good catch on the Logan thing -- I'd forgotten he said that.

LolaRuns

LolaRuns

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2008 @ 3:25 AM

I noticed that Gilles de Rais was on the list. Did you spot anybody else interesting on it?

TerrifyinMonkey

TerrifyinMonkey

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2008 @ 3:28 AM

I spotted Gaius Julius Caesar on the list.

LolaRuns

LolaRuns

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2008 @ 3:55 AM

Hah, I just looked at the list and actually it is only like 20 names repeated several times.

It also has Augustus Germanicus, de Sade, Richelieu, Vladimir Tepes (=Dracula), Sir Thomas Moore, Elizabeth Bathony and Rasputin :D

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2008 @ 4:34 AM

There were definitely some names I saw multiple times when he was flipping through the list, which made me think what, the prop people couldn't be arsed to make up some other names? It didn't occur to me that maybe they were repeated on purpose.

The voice on the phone sounded a lot like Josef to me, but his name was on the list (more than once) so that makes no sense. Then again, I love Jason Dohring so maybe I just had JD on the brain. It would fit with Josef saying, "We don't have to watch this."

When Mick replied, "Yes, we do," and then in the last scene proceeded to discuss the vampire/human relationship at Beth's WITH THE DOOR WIDE OPEN SO ANYONE WALKING BY COULD HEAR, I got a little annoyed. If you don't want to unnecessarily expose the vampire community, you might want to shut the door and stop talking about being a vampire while in public lest you be torched.

I missed the episode where the cleaners were introduced. Are they officially in charge of dispensing vamp justice when vamps knowingly betray their own kind? Or was this vigilante justice?

Who the hell remembers what they or anyone else was wearing 8 months ago???

Mr. EB and I have been together for over a decade (but not 150 years), so when Mick remembered what Beth was wearing when they met, I turned to Mr. EB and said, "I don't remember what you were wearing the day we met. I guess we're screwed." Of course, I don't remember what I was wearing that day either, so even if he claimed to remember what I wore, I can neither confirm nor deny it. I guess we weren't meant to be burned alive together.

jords

jords

Video Archivist

Posted May 17, 2008 @ 7:17 AM

Upon my 2nd viewing of the night (thank you Time Warner Cable DVR) I paused to get a better look at that list of names in Talbot's office. The prop master had WAY too much fun with this! Names listed include:

Vladimir Tepes (aka Vlad the Impaler, aka Dracula)
Elizabeth Bathory (notorious mass murderer, her story is also thought to have inspired the tale of Dracula)
Grigori Rasputin (Russian mystic who served the last Tsar and his family, and I suspect a Buffy shout-out)
Julius Caesar (no explanation needed)
Sir Thomas More (interesting choice, as he's a saint within the Catholic Church. Famous humanist and author of Utopia, More was Lord Chancellor under Henry VIII. He fell out with the King after refusing to take the Oath of Succession and was beheaded. Possible shout-out to fans of The Tudors on Showtime?)
Bridget Bishop - first woman executed as part of the Salem Witch trials
Virigina Dare - 1st child born in the Americas, Virginia vanished along with the rest of the Roanoke Island Colony
Anthony Gambino - Grandson of Lucky Luciano, member of the notorious Gambino crime family of NY
John Wu - former Bishop of Hong Kong
Hank Mottola - flashback to epi 1.07! Mottola was the guy who supposedly stole Corraline/Morgan's cameras.

The following names appeared on the list on two separate pages:
John Wu
Bridget Bishop
Virginia Dare
Anthony Gambino
Malik Sharif
Mick St. John
Josef Kostan

I have NO idea who the list is from, but a nasty part of me wonders if this is Lance's doing? Thoughts??

Gibasi

Gibasi

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2008 @ 8:20 AM

This episode really emphasized what a loss this show will be. It was the best freaking episode ever. AOL does lighthearted funny so well. I already knew he could do the angst but the beginning where he was all about the funny looks was great. I really liked the scenes where you had glimpses of the vampire culture and how it all works. The Cleaners, Joseph and Logan, the guy in the coroner's office all added to the episode. I'll have to go back and look for Claudia Black. I love her and remember seeing her name in the guest stars but then totally missed her as the Cleaner. I really liked Jackson and Emma's story and yeah I can tell you what my husband of 30 years was wearing when we first met but I guarantee you he can't tell you what I was wearing.

And I absolutely agree with Modo about the replacement show. I'm a woman and I like to look at Men! Don't give me some stupid ass show about a woman looking for her one true love (which kind of reminded me of New Amsterdam with the one true love bit. Personally I don't believe in Onetrue love. Give me more AOL and JD.

If the show had been allowed to continue I would have liked to see more of the vampire sub-culture and how it all worked. They could have mined that for a lot of stories.

I am impressed Jords with your knowledge.

Desperado

Desperado

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2008 @ 9:56 AM

I knew this ep would be the last one so I made sure to watch it and OMG! Claudia Black!!! And a big fat shout out to Veronica Mars "Awkward? But I love awkward..." who some of us think was originally a shout out to TWoP and then it's gone...

I hated the show when it started and I thought JD sucked to no end in spite of my old love for him but I was happy with the major strides they did in the last few eps - Josef re-vamping Nick, Josef/Beth great chemistry - and then it's gone. Aargh.

Oh well, I'll just add to my long list of beloved sci-fi genre shows cancelled just when I was enjoying them the most.

casey22

casey22

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2008 @ 9:58 AM

I wasn't feeling this episode. It was tooo shippy for my taste. Like TPTB said we need more romance and angst to get the woman viewers to watch. *eyeroll*They were trying too hard. I love AOL but McBeth does nothing for me. Some of the jokes fell kinda flat and the whole thing with trying to get that woman out of the car. It felt too complicated and pointless. Why didn't they just jump in front of the van? Mick not even caring about the guys in the van bugged me more than I wanted it too. I didn't really like him in this episode. He lied to Beth when he said he didn't enjoy the freshie. Come on. I did enjoy the cleaners and that whole vampire culture. The scene where the woman vampire goes nuts. The list is hilarious. I too think the husband sent it as a big fuck you to the vampire world. I suspect it was part of the reason he was willing to die. He had burned that bridge by sending the list. He was a dead man walking anyway. I wish they had had a better episode to go out on though.

Edited by casey22, May 17, 2008 @ 10:07 AM.