8-11: "The Girl Who Becomes America's Next Top Model" 2007.05.16 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

433 replies to this topic

Wing Chun

Wing Chun

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 9:53 AM

From the CW site:

The final three must use everything they have learned thus far in the competition for the penultimate shoot: a commercial and a national print ad for CoverGirl. Top Model 7 winner & CoverGirl model Caridee English stops by the set to share some words of wisdom. One model struggles to look youthful in her shot while another needs coaching from Jay to say her lines naturally. The judges send one model home.

The final two go head-to-head in a glamorous fashion show with the Sydney harbor as the backdrop. After an arduous deliberation, the judges decide who will be America's Next Top Model.

In addition to Caridee English, special guests include fashion designers Sarah-Jane Clark & Heidi Middleton of Sass & Bide, and photographer Jordan Doner.

realitywhore

realitywhore

Channel Surfer

Posted May 16, 2007 @ 8:00 PM

La Buttchin triumphant! Kinda obvious after they dumped Renee. No way would Nata go through.

ComplexIsBack

ComplexIsBack

Couch Potato

• Interests:My career with the WNBA

Posted May 16, 2007 @ 8:01 PM

I'm happy for her. But I really wanted Natasha to win.

mylittlefriend

mylittlefriend

Channel Surfer

I'm crying little Russian tears right now....

Lamour

Lamour

Fanatic

Noooo!!!!! Natasha I love you!

So sad. :(

Cheerios Addict

Cheerios Addict

Channel Surfer

• Interests:House, America's Next Top Model, Cold Case, Without a Trace, The Sopranos, Firefly, Carnivale, Law and Order: SVU, Project Runway, The Amazing Race, Six Feet Under, Scrubs, The Daily Show/The Colbert Report, The Simpsons/American Dad/Family Guy, Psych--which I need to catch up on--and others.<br /><br />Oh, and reading and writing.

NOOOO!
I was so upset, even though I knew Jaslene was going to win.
And stupid WGN ruined it too.
They were all like, "Stay tuned at nine when we announce the winner of ANTM, and party with Jaslene's parents."

Classie83

Classie83

Channel Surfer

I'm happy for Jaslene. She's a great editorial model

mijacogeo

mijacogeo

Channel Surfer

Woo...a drag queen won.

At least all the little up and coming Miss Jay's have a role model. Sorry, young girls...

Bah...I feel like I wasted too much time this season. Maybe it's time to give it up.

Altsy

Altsy

Channel Surfer

I'm crying little Russian tears right now....

You're not the only one. I still think she'll have an amazing career though!

VioletViolet

VioletViolet

Video Archivist

I was never on the Anti-Natasha train, but she looked extra no-necky and dumpy today. So eh, whatever.

Girls, hand over those dresses. SO CUTE.

Tyra, your hair looks hay-ell.

Classie83

Classie83

Channel Surfer

Posted May 16, 2007 @ 8:02 PM

Cheerios...how dumb of your network! lol!

charmena

charmena

Fanatic

Jaslene won! Color me excited!

gymtastic

gymtastic

Couch Potato

Hurray! I was hoping Jaslene would win. I was surprised that I was actually rooting for Renee to make it to the finals...I didn't think I cared after Jaslene made it through, but when they called Natasha's name, I was disappointed. She annoys the crap out of me.

ChaChas

ChaChas

Channel Surfer

Crap.

That is the only word I have for this.

I really wanted Natasha to win and at least it wasn't Renee but still.

I still love you, Russian Sunshine.

makemeameteor

makemeameteor

Video Archivist

Heh, out of all three, I thought Jaslene would be least likely to win. Go figure.

I really wanted Natasha to win, but, oh well. At least this season was ten times better than last.

lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky

Couch Potato

I was shocked becauase I thought she would suck, but I thought Natasha rocked on the runway even though you could tell the weight gain. But, I am happy for Jaslene. I just hope they reshoot her covergirl ad because I thought it was the definite weakest.

Revive

Revive

Fanatic

WoOT! Yay for Jaslene. First winner to never be in the bottom two! Chicago represent!

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted May 16, 2007 @ 8:03 PM

Yes! I haven't been this excited since Eva Diva won in cycle 3. Now Jaslene Cha Cha Diva won. I'm so glad she won I just don't have the words to express it better. Congratulations Jaslene! I knew you could do it. As for Natasha, go home and have real sex with your husband, just make sure nobody else is around. GO JASLENE!!!

Dirty

Dirty

Stalker

If it wasn't Renee, I'm glad it was Jaslene.

Edited by Dirty, May 16, 2007 @ 8:03 PM.

Cheerios Addict

Cheerios Addict

Channel Surfer

• Interests:House, America's Next Top Model, Cold Case, Without a Trace, The Sopranos, Firefly, Carnivale, Law and Order: SVU, Project Runway, The Amazing Race, Six Feet Under, Scrubs, The Daily Show/The Colbert Report, The Simpsons/American Dad/Family Guy, Psych--which I need to catch up on--and others.<br /><br />Oh, and reading and writing.

Cheerios...how dumb of your network! lol!

I know.
They're all idiots over there.

Natasha deserved to win! Grrrrr!

NTLurker

NTLurker

Fanatic

WOOT. Congrats Jaslene.

blah

blah

Channel Surfer

Posted May 16, 2007 @ 8:04 PM

I was a little more confident once they picked Nata over Nene. Jas has better pictures and a fierce walk!! GO Jas! Very will deserved win!

asdfasdfjames

asdfasdfjames

Fanatic

They were all like, "Stay tuned at nine when we announce the winner of ANTM, and party with Jaslene's parents."

Right?!?!?! I was so pissed when I saw that. I hope Tyra sues the city of Chicago.

Anyway, I'm happy that Jaslene won. I wouldn't have had the final 2 any other way. Congrats to both girls. And PS, how awesome was it that they got Sass & Bide on this show? If they axe Covergirl next, maybe I'll actually respect ANTM again.

acrylicana

acrylicana

Channel Surfer

Sadness here. I hope Natasha continues her career into awesomeness..I think she could be awesome. gah what were they thinking? :(

Edited by acrylicana, May 16, 2007 @ 8:04 PM.

audgirl0412

audgirl0412

Video Archivist

I really like Natasha, but she looked like ass during the fashion show. When she was walking and her skirt fell off you could see rolls flopping around. Also, she doesn't have those striking, angular features of Jaslene (although I would KILL for Nata's lips). I'm not surprised by the win at all- I actually thought if Natasha got it it would be favoritism on Tyra's part.

Tackhead

Tackhead

Fanatic

So it's America's Next Top Tranny. Oh, joy. Somebody had to win. Hire some writers, Tyrant, so the winner can have something resembling a story arc next time.

Dumbest. Runway. Ever.

Renee bitched all the way out the door. What a bundle of negativity and suck.

Natasha sounds less interested in being a model than maybe any runner-up I can remember.

Edited by Tackhead, May 16, 2007 @ 8:06 PM.

EdgeGirl

EdgeGirl

Couch Potato

This is I think the first time since I started watching that if either of the Final 2 won, I would have been OK with it; and that I thought they both deserved to be there.

I was also still carrying around my Renee hate, b/c I laughed when she got eliminated.

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

Watching the Chicago feed and when they said they were planning to party with Jaslene's family, I knew that my Nata wasn't going to pull it off. However it was worth Renee's "blink...blink...look at Jaslene....wait, I'm not in the finals? blink...blink blink....OMG!"

ladyclare

ladyclare

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2007 @ 8:05 PM

Yeah Jaslene!! This is the first time in a long time I've actually cared who won. I really thought it was going to be Natasha since the editing seemed pro-Nata to me ... but of course they wanted to trick us. I think Jaslene is beautiful. Of course she'd probably work more if she hadn't won.

ksulaura

ksulaura

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 16, 2007 @ 8:05 PM

I call B.S. on the entire episode/season.

Tyra knew she wanted someone "diverse" to win since before the season started. Black girls and white girls had won - how can we be more diverse? (not being racist here, just thinking like small-minded Tyra)

My Life as a Cover Girl isn't scripted? Have you heard CariDee deliver some of those lines?

Is Natasha really that excited every time she sees Tyra?

Someone please stop me from watching next season. (I know I will anyway.)