6-18: "Kennedy And Heidi" 2007.05.13 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1233 replies to this topic

Andrew J.

Andrew J.

Video Archivist

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 7:51 AM

Technically, Chrissy is not Tony's blood - he's Carm's second cousin

I believe Tony is distantly related to Christopher's mom, while Carm is more closely related to his father (her father is Christopher's great uncle, which I think makes them first cousins once removed. As for Tony's relationship to Chris' mom, her brother was Tony Blundetto's father. As far as I can tell, that makes Chris and T distant blood relationships, but an impressively detailed article at gambling911.com that was written after last night's episode breaks down the connection and says it means that "Tony and Christopher are both first cousins to Tony Blundetto, but not to one another." This stuff makes my brain hurt--I can't tell if that means there's no blood tie or just that they aren't first cousins).

I wasn't surprised that the Wikipedia article about Chris was updated to reflect his death within an hour of the episode ending, but what really impressed me is that the entire article--and it's a long one--was converted from the present tense to the past tense just as rapidly.

Edited by Andrew J., May 14, 2007 @ 8:08 AM.

RaoulDuck

RaoulDuck

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 7:51 AM

I have to admit, throughout the episode, I kept thinking "Kevin Finnerty."
The Departed.
The lyrics just before the crash.
Tony walking around a hotel with luggage on wheels rolling by.
Bright light in the bathroom.
Bright light in the desert.
"I get it."
The sons of the wise guys growing up and forming their own gang.
I fully buy into the "beach house with the lights on and the departed relatives inside" ending.

A Beaverhausen

A Beaverhausen

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 7:54 AM

All I could think about was the song "Comfortably Numb". The lyrics are a summation of Christopher's life.

moblawyah

moblawyah

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 7:57 AM

Will somebody please clear up the big mystery: who the heck is the actress playing the Vegas girlfriend?

She is Sarah Shahi. Her character's name in Heidi and Kennedy is Sonya Aragon.

She is not Abigail Marlowe, who played Sara in Luxury Lounge.

I don't believe "Sonya Aragon" ever made a live appearance in any prior episode. Did Chris once tell Tony about her? If so, in what episode? I seem to recall some "what if, if only, I admire her" type of conversation.

Edited by moblawyah, May 14, 2007 @ 8:45 AM.

notanextra

notanextra

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 8:01 AM

She is Sarah Shahi.

Ahhhh, thank you. I wouldn't have guessed The L Word, but that's it.

stallionsrunfree

stallionsrunfree

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 8:05 AM

AJ's one physical contact is to shove the cyclist away from him and yell "Get the fuck away!" when his friend's initial punch sends the cyclist careening into AJ. This is certainly not nice, but it may have been semi-reflexive; at the speed this is happening, he may have reacted as though under attack himself. Or, at that point, he may have assumed it was, at worst, a one-on-one fight between the cyclist and the friend who was driving. But when the beating begins in earnest immediately thereafter, AJ keeps his distance and looks genuinely disturbed by it (which would match his attitude in the therapy scene afterward).

So, WHERE is AJ a non-participant in the beatdown??! And we've seen potential or actual beatdowns broken up by friends and bystanders before someone REALLY got hurt. We're not talking rocket science or cloning here. AJ, aka "Tony Soprano, Jr." SO could've stopped the madness with a word and if not that, a "Cut it out!" He was the only one there would could've stopped his Baby Thugs from their mercurial bullying and violence. In that setting, with those wannabees, AJ was The Man; he could've decided whether cyclist's fate: "live" or "die." He did. Silence = "death."

Yes, I also saw this as a "shout out" to "A Bronx Tale." GREAT film.

HollyMorrell

HollyMorrell

Channel Surfer

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 8:14 AM

I don't understand how besides by not paying attention one could interpret such profoundly wrong things from these character's utterances.

I disagree. I pay close attention to this series and its excellent writing. But, Gandolfini mumbles and slurs a lot. It's been discussed here before--go back and watch the pilot. He is speaking more like Gandolfini than Soprano and it's distracting - knowing how his accent "develops". I always thought Gandolfini's accent was so put-on, that he often mangled the words and made them hard to understand. Possibly his artistic choice.

I thought he said " I did it", until I went back and listened again and got some help from the close caption. It was "I get it".
Either exclamation can make sense in this episode.

IcyAll Ican

IcyAll Ican

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 8:16 AM

It's me, it's me, but I try to find a theme to plug all the wires into, and for me, this week it was "drowning" ... Christopher drowned in his own blood ... they drowned the asbestos ... Tony told Meadow to have some Scotch (to drown her sorrows) ... he went to Las Vegas to drown out the voices of sorrow ... Christopher turned up the radio, IMO, to drown out Tony ... evoking the name Kennedy and a hit-and-run at the same time, brings more images of drowning ...
  • I liked that Tony stared at 9-1 on his phone for a moment before choosing not to dial ... "nein" in German being no, one ... no one ... okay, I'm reaching! but I like to find symbolism and this show certainly provides a lot of it.
  • The asbestos in the beginning and all the guys wearing masks, then Christopher, who has stuck plenty of powder up his nose, dies because he can't breathe ... and Christopher asked Tony "What happened to stopping to smell the roses?" ... can't smell roses, either ...
  • I thought a possible reason for "Heidi" was a reference to Heidi Fleiss -- someone who gave up names in exchange for lesser sentence? Or did they just take her black book? The only other Heidis I can think of are the little girl with the goats and Ms. Klum. I mean, if the name means anything ... Hide D? (Searching for Symbolism!)
  • And Tony has always been fascinated with JFK. He owned (owns?) Kennedy's sailing hat ... so sleeping with the girl in Vegas would be like sleeping with Marilyn when he couldn't get Jackie.
  • Did they say Danville? No, I just googled. DENville. As in Den of Thieves ...?
  • I think the limb through the car seat was just something Tony catalogued as useful ... I don't think he was motivated by it. Just as he knew that Christopher would test positive. Just something useful for later, but not motivation. Christopher's been high too often for Tony to care this time. And as Christopher has said "Tony pours you a drink with one hand and (curses you out when you take it?)"
  • Christopher telling Tony "just pay the man" reminded me of the scene in S1 in which he recommends to Hesh that he pay the money to the Black gangsta record producer ... Christopher never knew to stick with family until in private.

They totally suckered me: I was crying, drowning in tears when Tony killed Christopher. As much as Christopher is a murderer, who gave up the love of his life to die cruelly, and was a drug addict, etc., he was still my favorite, and I watched the show always looking for him, wishing I could be there to give him good advice ... especially, I guess because he had dreams of being artistic, but didn't have the talent, or support ... and that's a painful thing to watch ... it's something that can bond an audience member to a character who is otherwise completely repellant. It's almost the effect of Tony's therapy. If he was serious, as Melfi recently called him on, then maybe I'd still like him despite all that he's done. But I don't. Because he isn't serious. He just wants someone to complain to, he is sexually interested in Melfi, so there's that to keep him coming back, she's cheaper than a lawyer and just as bound by confidentiality, and she's smart -- he was raised by Livia and he does appreciate smart women. But all that doesn't redeem him. If this show had not had Christopher in it, I'd have stopped watching.

So I was sobbing, shocked, my heart was pounding as Tony killed Christopher. I was so dismayed! Then Tony started telling Melfi WAY TOO MUCH and then he WOKE up!! And I was SO HAPPY!! IT was all a DREAM!! Christopher was still alive! ... then I was confused, because after Tony chucked the mug into the woods, it seemed he was dreaming again ... and damn it. Christopher was dead ... again.

Put me in the camp that believes we could be headed into a "it was all a dream." ... though I tend to disbelieve that Chase would do something that was done on shows like DALLAS and ROSEANNE and NEWHART (For God's sake!), IF he did it, I believe it would be done in such a way that I'd applaud it. So, the bright lights, the strange extra people I've never seen, the facts that are all screwed up (including how old Tony should be) could all be part and parcel of Tony's brain in a coma. I think it would be a kick to see him end up in the Retirement Home that so frightened Livia ... if he is Livia, reborn, then it would be fitting as an end. And all the people he believes he killed go on through life without him. I'd even have to say that Tony looking down on the women below would be like people who say they floated above their own surgeries when they were under anasthesia. And that woman who is there 3-5, 7-9, shows up at every wake, could be representative of a nurse who is there everytime Tony "wakes" ... the idea of a wake at all ... or was it a wake? or a viewing?
  • Kennedy and Heidi drove away, more concerned about themselves than any other people -- just like Tony and Christopher would have done. Fitting justice.
  • That said, if it's not a dream? I want him to MURDER PHIL ... I'm SICK of old man Leo-Retardo! That phone call! Joyful that CHRISTOPHER was DEAD! Whack that fucker, now, please!!!
  • Why was Melfi wearing black? I guess she might have read the news, but wearing black was ... a little personal??
  • If Meadow has not been shown much in the last episodes, to me that points to her dying. BUT AJ has been taking anti-depressants. And one known side-effect of anti-depressants is feelings of suicide. As much as AJ was mourning his relationship with Blanca, he wasn't really suicidal before ... jumping off the roof to fool around? Thoughts of "I should just kill myself!" ... not really suicidal. Suicidal is thinking "how could I do it? where would I get the stuff to do it? how long would it take? where should I do it? when?" ...
  • There's a big thing in cultures like the one we see on the Sopranos: the heir and the spare. If Christopher was supposed to be the heir, but failed, then Tony'd be counting on AJ now. And it would be fitting, in that TV way, for him to lose that, too.
  • Possibly what distressed AJ was hearing that kid say "I work, I got to school" etc. combined with AJ's feelings that he was "one of 'them'" when he was with Blanca ... brought it all "home," maybe ... remember him saying "in OUR neighborhood, etc."?

What Tony "got" was that he knew the signs - bright lights - means that the end is near and now he's ready to face death; or at least after three more episodes. – BeatBoxinJagoff

I agree. He realized he was in a coma. Works for me.

All eight of the nuns could have been lying unconscious at the bottom of the ravine, and could have died slowly because Heidi and Kennedy didn't call 911. You don't really mean to suggest that that's acceptable behavior, do you? – Steambadger

I've got friends who went to Catholic school who would find that PERFECTLY acceptable. ;-)

ETA: Someone posted:

I have a feeling that the series ends with Tony, still in the hospital after Uncle Jun shooting him, opening his eyes one last time to gaze at his loved ones before expiring. He's "ready" for his calling. The episodes that followed the shooting were probably his thoughts, his predicted outcomes of events, and/or how he'd prefer to see everything unfold. As others have pointed out, this episode hinted at and drew many parallels to when he was in a coma/dream-like state, after the shooting.

And I didn't write down who, but I AGREE.

Edited by IcyAll Ican, May 14, 2007 @ 8:24 AM.

Hey Zeus

Hey Zeus

Channel Surfer

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 8:25 AM

Anyone care to tackle the heavy symbolism in Tony snuffing out Chris by pinching his nose then choosing to wipe his now bloody hands on his jacket?

Edited by Hey Zeus, May 14, 2007 @ 8:39 AM.

solenycviewer

solenycviewer

Video Archivist

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 8:26 AM

Where was Rosalie? Sharon Angela's name appeared in the beginning credits, so I assumed she would be in the show. I was very disappointed.

stallionsrunfree

stallionsrunfree

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 8:27 AM

What Tony "got" was that he knew the signs - bright lights - means that the end is near and now he's ready to face death; or at least after three more episodes. BeatBoxinJagoff

I SO agree. And may I be the first to say here that I wouldn't have a problem if it's all been a dream? Is that so wrong????! Hee!

Edited by stallionsrunfree, May 14, 2007 @ 8:27 AM.

doorear

doorear

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 8:30 AM

I would just like to add that I was born and grew up in Denville and my parents still live there. My family is on the board at St. Claires. It was surreal to have them mention it. Awesome. Heh.

ETA:

Where was Rosalie? Sharon Angela's name appeared in the beginning credits, so I assumed she would be in the show. I was very disappointed.

She was sitting behind Carm at the wake. I was disappointed we didn't get more of her as well.

And may I be the first to say here that I wouldn't have a problem if it's all been a dream? Is that so wrong????! Hee!

Yes. *lol*

Edited by doorear, May 14, 2007 @ 8:32 AM.

Bingmeister

Bingmeister

Channel Surfer

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 8:33 AM

I don't believe "Sonya Aragon" ever made a live appearance in any prior episode. Did Chris tell Tony about her? If so, in what episode? I seem to recall some "what if, if only" type of conversation.

I'm quite sure this is the first referance to her mob.

rightfielder21

rightfielder21

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 8:34 AM

Did they say Danville? No, I just googled. DENville. As in Den of Thieves ...?

Denville is a town in Jersey, where St. Clare's Hospital is located.

I saw Sharon Angela at the wake, was Ginny Sack there as well? She was in the credits?

Edited by rightfielder21, May 14, 2007 @ 8:36 AM.

SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 8:34 AM

I think "I get it" does make sense. He "gets" the answer to the questions "Who am I? Where am I going?". Last night was the culmination of his inner-struggle. He killed his "son" and showed no remorse.

That's how I see it, too. The light in the bathroom and the sunset both reminded him of his dream, and he realized the answer to his question...of course, the answer proves that he really is evil at the core, which is frightening.

I thought I caught a glimpse of her at Chris' funeral!

And Carmela...that woman is in SO much denial. I'm not sure how to read the expression on her face when she looked at Chris, though...it was in total contrast to the other women, who walked up and broke down in tears. She was almost deadpan - I'm not sure if it was shock or something else.

stallionsrunfree

stallionsrunfree

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 8:39 AM

And may I be the first to say here that I wouldn't have a problem if it's all been a dream? Is that so wrong????! Hee!

Yes. *lol*

Okay, okay, Doorear!!!! LOLOLOL! I'll stand down!

Hamhock96

Hamhock96

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 8:39 AM

In Somerset Maugham's Of Human Bondage, there's a scene where the protagonist Philip climbs a hill and has a revelation: That life means nothing. Maugham goes on for a couple of long paragraphs enlarging on this thought. And at the end, he says, "And Philip was happy."

Tony on that hill had the same revelation. And he was happy.

dconner

dconner

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 8:46 AM

Something that just occurred to me is that Heidi and Kennedy's dilemma was the same as Christopher's (i.e., they can't report the accident without getting in trouble?) And maybe that's a metaphor for more - once you start on a dark path, you keep going?

I thought it was interesting that, of all people, Paulie was the only one who seemed to show genuine sympathy for Christopher. I guess he really did like the kid after all....

I can also see how the rest of the guys didn't have a lot of empathy (beyond, well, their being criminals and all.) I think by these guys' "code," Christopher had been living on borrowed time. I can think of at least three times (and maybe more) where Christopher did stuff that would earn a well-justified death sentence in their world, only to be spared by "pardons" from the Boss.

BTW, does anybody think Cleaver might have a chance at becoming a surprise box-office hit now? With the publicity of the movie's screenwriter being mysteriously murdered, and its producer dying soon after, I could see that making news and creating a "buzz" for the movie.

Melon

Melon

Video Archivist

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 8:47 AM

Absolutley--and Christopher definitley looked like Bozo in the casket. Maybe it's just the HDTV.

Every corpse I've ever seen at a funeral had makeup on. The dead have bluish-white lips and green skin. Sheesh.

bj222

bj222

Channel Surfer

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 8:47 AM

And the roulette wheel too plays into that - that life means nothing. Tony says that the wheel revolves on the same principle of the solar system. Tony realizes the universe is random - just like the spin of the wheel - and that there is no morality. Bad things don't necessarily happend to bad people - "Sin, disease and death" are not real. So why not be as selfish and hedonistic as he can be.

I think Tony will find that while there is no tit for tat karma/lightning striking him down from above for every bad action he takes- that there are real consequences that are natural results of his actions. I think the show will end on this note.

BicycleMom

BicycleMom

Channel Surfer

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 8:49 AM

And Carmela...that woman is in SO much denial. I'm not sure how to read the expression on her face when she looked at Chris, though...it was in total contrast to the other women, who walked up and broke down in tears. She was almost deadpan - I'm not sure if it was shock or something else.

They seem to have wrapped stuff for most of the main characters but left Carmela alone.

So, I'm thinking that Chase is saving the best for last. Something big has to happen with Carmela by the end. Either they're going to dig up the truth about Ade or Tony B or Carmela herself going to have some kind of medical crisis.

Murrow

Murrow

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 8:50 AM

The killing of Christopher defies easy characterization. We have seen Tony kill as a punishment for becoming a rat (Pussy, Adriana, the guy in "College") and there is always at least a bit of premeditation, and of making certain that the person really is a rat before meting out punishment. There was none of that here. We have seen Tony kill out of rage (Ralph). Here, if anything, the set-up conveyed that Tony and Christopher were getting along okay at the moment - Tony didn't necessarily agree with Christopher's proposed solution to the asbestos problem but he also didn't shout him down as a moron as he has done in prevous occasions. And we have seen Tony kill as an act of "mercy" - ala Tony B, which was pure "Of Mice and Men." This seemed closest to that, at least at the beginning - it seemed clear that we were supposed to understand that Chrissy was doomed from his injuries, and that Tony realized the only way to "help" him as Chrissy kept begging was to hasten what might otherwise be a prolonged, agonizing death.

At the same time, there's no denying that there was a strong overtone of Tony doing himself a favor as well - though there had been no opportunity for him to plan that aspect of it, just grasping the opportunity when it unexpectedly presented itself.

One ominous aspect of all this: Phil still seems bent on revenging his brother's death by killing someone close to Tony. Now that the prime candidate is gone, who will become Phil's victim?

The "I get it" line seems to clearly indicate that Tony thinks he has figured out some long-standing personal mystery. Can't wait to find out what it is ... I'm sure there will be some Melfi involved.

Finally: saw John Ventimiglia's name in the credits - then just one brief glimpse of Artie at Christopher's wake. I like Artie. I don't need to see him figure prominently into any story lines, but as one of Tony's best friends it seems he should be around at The End.

stallionsrunfree

stallionsrunfree

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 8:51 AM

From today's Salon.com:

http://www.salon.com...05/14/sopranos/

A glimpse at the first few letters reminds me why I'm thrilled to be HERE.

BicycleMom

BicycleMom

Channel Surfer

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 8:54 AM

BTW, does anybody think Cleaver might have a chance at becoming a surprise box-office hit now? With the publicity of the movie's screenwriter being mysteriously murdered, and its producer dying soon after, I could see that making news and creating a "buzz" for the movie.

The "Cleaver Curse"!! If I were the Asian producer guy (sorry, the name escapes me now) or Carmine, I'd be watching my back right now given that two names associated with the movie have already met a violent end.

Beckster

Beckster

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 8:54 AM

Yep..I too thought Chrissy's eyes were gonna pop open when Carmela stood over the casket...I expected Tony to sit up in bed any second...
also when Tony was with the Chrissy stripper after they had sex...and she said she said Tony reminded her of Chris..and he ask if he f'd like Chris I had a LOL moment...yeah if Chris was 15 years older and put on about 2OO lbs. I thought Tony was kinda whacked at that point and I was wondering if he was maybe gonna kill the hooker...glad he didn't, but seriously the girl needs to explore other employment.

Whiteadder

Whiteadder

Video Archivist

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 8:55 AM

It's called hit and run... leaving the scene of an accident - particularly one involving a fatality - is a serious crime.

Heh! Well, I'm a driving challenged New Yorker, but I thought a hit-and-run was when you hit a pedestrian and took off; I agree that the girls were ethically wrong - absolutely - not to at least call 911 (which would have possibly stopped Tony from murdering Chris in cold blood) but it was Chris, driving under the influence, who actually caused the accident and the fatality and somehow that colors my view of the girls and their guilt, even though it probably shouldn't.

As for whether Tony's killing Chris was an act of mercy - I think his subsequent reactions make it almost impossible to argue that he did not murder Chris in cold blood to stop him from blabbing out whatever under the influences of drugs and anaesthesia. In Tony's dream, he tells Melfi that he "murdered" Chris (not "put him out of his misery"); he keeps trying to justify his action to himself and to others with his constant running down of Chris as a drug-addicted weakling (true, that, but still, hardly the words of a man who feels that he was helping Chris avoid a painful death, no?); he's disgusted by the post hoc beatification of the guy because he wants to feel justified about having killed him (and the babyseat comments are merely more justification - Chris alive was a danger to his infant daugher), and why would he need justification if he felt he had just been giving Chris a quick and merciful death (is drowning in your own blood actually quick and merciful anyway?)

And lastly, Tony looking at Kelly breastfeeding didn't in the least seem like "Madonna and Child" to me (since his focus was so heavily on Kelly's breast!) I thought it was just the latest in a sequence of Tony wanting Chris's women - Adriana, the girl in Las Vegas. It's just that it would have broken the bonds of all propriety had he made the moves on Kelly at this point, and that's why he turned away. Heh! Apparently, I like to believe the absolute worst of Tony.

Edited by Whiteadder, May 14, 2007 @ 9:13 AM.

tttina

tttina

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 8:58 AM

I agree that those girls could have stopped or at least called, they are pure evil,

Rankings of the most evil people on the Sopranos-

1. Finn- No Question about this one
2. Kennedy and Heidi
3. Phil Leotardo
4. Tony Soprano
5. Christopher

I had to stifle my laughter at this so I wouldn't wake my husband last night. I woke up still laughing. Thanks, joeyguse. I hope you'll continue to adapt the list if any additional evildoers (like #'s 1 and 2) show up in these next few weeks.

I'm starting to feel like I did toward the end of SFU. It's gonna be sad to have the show go. I hope Carmela is OK -- but I hope she does find out about Ade ... maybe those two points don't work together.

AJ's getting a little scary.

jodyt

jodyt

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 9:04 AM

There's been some gorgeous disagreement about Tony peeking down on the lovely Kelli nursing her daughter.

When Tony looked over the railing and saw Kelli Moltisanti nursing her baby it evoked the Madonna and child.

I see what layyylah means.

And..that's how a decently brought up TV Italian male should react, of course.

But you can't disregard the Madonna/Whore thing of many TV Italian males. Freebie tit show was more in line with Tony's reaction, I thought - even as his expression seemed to betray amusement at his own somewhat "off" reaction!. Or as Teresadee wrote more bluntly : "I thought he just looked like a perv--Yuch."

Teresadee also wrote:

Gotta love those Italian wakes--BTW, did anyone else catch Carm checking out the book at AuntMa's wake to make note of who came?

I thought that was SUCH a lovely grace note!

As was Paulie bitching about the 500 prayer cards he purchased. I've only been to one Italian wake (on Long Island, wonderfully hideous!) and I felt mildly outraged one was expected to offer a donation to the church for the kitschy card. (Not saying Catholic prayer cards are bad taste! Just the ones at that particular wake!!!)

Edited by jodyt, May 14, 2007 @ 9:09 AM.

Bingmeister

Bingmeister

Channel Surfer

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 9:08 AM

It's called hit and run... leaving the scene of an accident - particularly one involving a fatality - is a serious crime.

Right....it's called *hit* and run. I haven't seen it more than once as yet (a situation soon to be corrected) but I don't recall any *hit* occurring. Chris while DUI veered into Kennedy & Heidi's lane. He swerves back too quickly, losing control of his vehicle. Would I have gone back to summon help? Yes I would have. Would I tell my son to do the same? Yes, in fact I have. But as far as I can see....barring any "good samaratin laws" that exist in some states.... the girl driving was only guilty of driving past dark on a restricted permit. Given these circumstances, I don't know if this is even covered under any "good samaratin law". Moblawyer...your services are requested here.

FilthyScarecrow

FilthyScarecrow

Channel Surfer

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 9:08 AM

Sorry if this was already brought up - but did anyone else find it interesting when AJ was talking about school and how he was learning about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict?

He said that he'd come in in the middle and didn't really understand what was going on, but would pick it up "next semester."

To me, this felt like heavy foreshadowing of AJ possibly becoming more involved with the Family business. The Israeli/Palestinian conflict symbolizing the NY/NJ feud over the years.

Do you think Chase was either alluding to AJ becoming more involved in the "next semester" of his life - or was it just a subtle reference to how the NY/ NJ tug-of-war will always exist, as it always has? I can't believe that this wasn't an intentional allusion by Chase in some way.