14-13: "I Wanna See If I Can Make A Deal" 2007.05.10 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

306 replies to this topic

Wing Chun

Wing Chun

Posted May 10, 2007 @ 8:18 AM

From Zap2It:

The winner of the car reward challenge tries to use the prize as a bargaining chip; the tribe is stunned to learn who must go to Exile Island; another castaway is eliminated.

BryrRoseA

BryrRoseA

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2007 @ 8:00 PM

Gee, If I were Yau I would have thrown in “and promise you wont vote for me yourself before the final four” when I was making that deal with Dreamz. He totally still would have gone for it.

Stacy really shot herself in the foot at tribal. She basically spelled out the plot to vote out Yau Man. How stupid of her not to see how that might play out. She knew she was next on Yau and Earl’s chopping block.

ETA: I teach at a school here in the states and I covet that mobile teacher’s office. Couch! Air Conditioning! Working copier!

Edited by BryrRoseA, May 10, 2007 @ 8:03 PM.

JulesNeverBeige

JulesNeverBeige

Channel Surfer

How totally AWESOME was that?

ImaginaryFriend

ImaginaryFriend

Video Archivist

Posted May 10, 2007 @ 7:59 PM

Yau, Earl, Dreamz .. these are some serious PLAYERS!!!

Another great episode.

wandersfar

wandersfar

Loyal Viewer

The funny thing about that RC was up until they hit the cargo net/tower crawl thing, I was convinced Yau-Man was throwing the challenge. Part of me still thinks that might be the case. He's been way too good at balancing challenges (remember when he and Michelle were the first to cross the hugging balance beam in the Vanuatu-style challenge? and hey, in tonight's IC?) that when he fell, what, four times (?) it seemed pretty obvious he wanted the other team to win, though I wasn't sure why.

And then he went on to win the axe-throwing part, which he clearly could have thrown (no pun intended) if he wanted to. It was his intention to give the truck to "Dreamz", one way or another. Or maybe he just wanted to avoid the dreaded car curse. :)

Now it's more than likely "Dreamz" won't keep his word, but if he doesn't, that should pretty much ruin his chances with the jury. Yes, Yau-Man's move was strategically-motivated. But it was also an act of generosity on his part. Either way I think the jury will probably be irked if "Dreamz" outright ignores this deal. So at least Yau-Man has that to hold over "Dreamz"s head, if he doesn't get voted out first.

And as for sending himself to Exile Island, that probably gave him the most obvious benefit. With two immunity idols, he can safely play them both and guarantee himself an F4 spot.

Ohmigod Cassandra needs to stop saying "mmhmm"!

Earl pushing "Dreamz" off the platform at the end was funny. :)

Looks like Boo's going on an immunity run! I'm happy for him, since he's grown on me over the past couple weeks, but I'm a bit worried about what this might mean for Earl and Yau.

That was the scariest tribal council yet! I was so worried Yau wouldn't play his idol, but then Stacy kept talking and I felt a little better. She really shot herself in the foot with that "there's gonna be a split vote" comment, coming right after she assured Earl that she had accepted her fate and was expecting to go home.

Cassandra DID vote for Yau-Man after all! Ooh, she's officially dead to me. But good gameplay. I really didn't think she'd go through with it.

Edited by wandersfar, May 10, 2007 @ 8:02 PM.

Tinfoil Hat

Tinfoil Hat

Channel Surfer

I'm weeping with joy!

MarchingOcelot

MarchingOcelot

Fanatic

• Interests:Filling in interests bubbles on websites

Posted May 10, 2007 @ 8:01 PM

Hah! This is like the Season of a Thousand Plot Foilings. Dreamz is the new Alex. Who was the new Mookie, who was the new Rocky. And possibly Edgardo and Lisi somewhere in there.

I really like Boo, I think even more so as he bothers them. He just manages to screw the rest of them very slightly just by sort of hanging around and winning stuff. Also, he must be more involved in things than the editors are showing, because he voted for Yau-Man, and he probably just wouldn’t randomly lob that out.

I’m thankful that the Hubris of Doom edit wasn’t serious, and that Yau-Man and possibly Earl knew enough to use the idol. Plus they have another one, so not a lot of harm done. I imagine they’ll be a little pissed at Cassandra.

Does the car curse latch itself to the winner of the car, or the eventual keeper of the car? I’m hoping the latter.

Also: nice wording at the tribal council there, Stacy. You are the subtlest Survivor yet.

facetious

facetious

Loyal Viewer

Did anyone else see the kids totally leave Boo hanging? That was glorious. And I like Boo!

fashionista79

fashionista79

Stalker

Wooo!!! Another brilliant TC! I was a bit annoyed with Earl when he shook his head after Yau-Man told him that he felt something was up. And then when Jeff asked if the HII holder wanted to play the idol, I was shouting at the TV (during all those long shots of Yau), "Play the damn thing! Don't be stubborn. Play it. Shit! C'mon." Then to see Yau-Man stand and hand the idol to Jeff, and to see the "Oh, shit!" looks on both Stacy's and Dreamz's face was absolute perfection. That was a brilliant, brilliant way to play the HII.

Now, back to the full episode. I loved that moment when they were at the school. Those kids were so cute. And hopefully with Dreamz getting the car, the Car Curse will pass over to him. Maybe Yau-Man knows about The Curse (dundundun), and decided, "Man, I better unload that vehicle on someone."

be arthur

be arthur

Loyal Viewer

Stacy seals her fate as a huge moron. She pretty much spelled it out for Yau that they were going to vote for him. What a brilliant move on his part. The last four episodes of this season have redeemed the season and franchise as a whole. Now here's hoping that both Earl and Yau Man can make it to the final two unscathed.

NotTheBox

NotTheBox

Loyal Viewer

Man, I was sure the Car Curse was about to strike.

I LOVE this show when you wonder right up to the last minute who is going home. This season went from worst to first.

BtvsVamp

BtvsVamp

Couch Potato

Holy crap it was 4-2 so Yau-Man totally saved himself, Cassandra and Boo did also vote for him!

Stacy is an idiot! I don't think Yau would of used it had she not said it was going to be a split vote.

Edited by BtvsVamp, May 10, 2007 @ 8:20 PM.

Jabrwoky27

Jabrwoky27

Channel Surfer

This is my first season watching Survivor and I am really glad I decided to finally jump in!!

Yay for my beautiful, intelligent, amazing Yau NOT being gone!!

Sorry Stacy, someone had to go and unfortunately for you, Boo won immunity...but, she said it herself, she's a follower...I can't imagine a follower winning this game!

Ace of Spades

Ace of Spades

Video Archivist

Posted May 10, 2007 @ 8:02 PM

Stacy basically screwed herself over. When she said that the votes were going to be split at Tribal, Yau Man and Earl double-taked. That's when Yau Man knew to use the idol.

And from the previews "I'm a man of my word, I'm Dreamz." Ha!

archbrow

archbrow

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2007 @ 8:02 PM

That was seriously the most awesome episode of this show I've ever seen. I was cheering.

Not only is he just generally awesome, but he has ESP!

Is there some way I can please please adopt Yau Man as my dad. Please?

eta: How much did I laugh when Earl playfully pushed Dreamz off the platform? A lot. Hee!

Edited by archbrow, May 10, 2007 @ 8:05 PM.

ChaChas

ChaChas

Channel Surfer

Posted May 10, 2007 @ 8:03 PM

Okay the editors never fool me but I was had tonight. I was on the edge of my seat right up until Yau whipped out that HII.

Why does no one trust Boo? I can see them ousting him because he can be a beast at challenges but trusting Dreamz over him? WTF-ery right there.

That was really nice of Yau to give up that car but until Dreamz fulfills his word I won't believe he will.

Bye-bye Stacy. You're still not as cute as Michelle (and obviously not as smart either).

Kirblar

Kirblar

Video Archivist

Posted May 10, 2007 @ 8:04 PM

Had Stacy kept up the "Leaving with Dignity" act she was giving Earl at the beach, she could have saved herself. The instant she started talking about cracking alliances, she snuffed her own torch.

They trust Dreamz because Dreamz is guaranteed 3rd place if he gets to the F3. Who on the Jury would vote for him besides Cassandra?

Edited by Kirblar, May 10, 2007 @ 8:06 PM.

confucious

confucious

Channel Surfer

Wow. Yau is going to be the most popular survivor of all time forever. Is it possible to love the guy more? Not only does he pull off good strategy, he sounds totally sincere that he's also doing it to help Dreamz.

My guess is that Earl is going to get caught by surprise that it'll be a final 3 instead of final 2 and that will give Yau the win.

grasshoppergirl

grasshoppergirl

Video Archivist

Posted May 10, 2007 @ 8:05 PM

I know! She's always seemed fake to me in the sense that she tells everyone "mmhmm" so I was kind of happy to see her crash and burn (I can't help but picture Homer quitting his job at the plant and riding out of there on that cart, torches the bridge as soon as he was over it.)

Great episode! Thank God Yau trusted his instincts. Hopefully Earl will wake up a bit and let Yau drive this thing.

Traveling Gnome

Traveling Gnome

Loyal Viewer

• Interests:Reading, photography, cooking, watching reality shows, writing, painting, drawing, organizing, scrapbooking.

Double that Yay for Yau!! They edited a huge gap/wait there when Jeff called for the HII and I wasn't sure if the bad vibes that Yau-Man felt earlier were put to rest by Earl. Thank Goodness that wasn't the case.

I want Cassandra GONE. She and her mmnn-hmmmnn's can shove it.

facetious

facetious

Loyal Viewer

How apt is it that Stacy talked herself out of the game?

Edited by facetious, May 10, 2007 @ 8:06 PM.

village

village

Couch Potato

Damn it. Et tu Cassandra? Oh well, I'm just glad it turned out the way it needed to (for me). Thank you Stacy for screwing yourself over. I appreciate it!

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Finally! An idol offically causes someone to get the boot. The producers must have been thrilled.

I agree that if Yau-Man wasn't already going to play it, Stacy's idiotic remark at TC pretty much sealed it. That was lame, Stacy. You were suppose to act defeated, not be all "You never know!" about it. Now, go press coffee or something.

I actually am okay with this F5. I would love it if Earl or Yau won, I would like it if Cassandra or Boo pulled it out, and even Dreamz winning, would be hilarious in a WTF?! kind of way.

Edited by thuganomics85, May 10, 2007 @ 8:05 PM.

TheAngleMan

TheAngleMan

Couch Potato

Now the question is can Cassandra make it back to Earl and Yau the fact that one of the votes wasn't read helps her. But seriously. Also does Earl give Yau the 2nd HII figuring they'll take another shot at Yau, or does he worry they might switch to him knowing that Yau has the latest HII clue?

This is very very interesting.

bluvelvet

bluvelvet

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2007 @ 8:06 PM

Okay, THANK GAWD Yau is safe. I was biting my fingernails throughout the whole thing and kept saying "play the idol!" Thank you Stacy for shooting yourself in the foot.

Can I just say that I love the relationship between Yau and Earl, I really hope they are the final two.

Cassandra, I know this is a game and it's every (wo)man for himself, but the ONLY reason you are even where you are is because of Earl/Yau. She is not good at challenges, haven't shown much in terms of strategy and playing the game and she ups and stabs Yau in the back.

Good instincts Yau, you rock!

Dreamz, how many of your plans have fallen through now?

I think this season has the best tribal councils, for the past few I have been on the edge of my seat.

Good show!

joshet

joshet

Channel Surfer

Stacy played it so well with Earl, saying how she knew she was next and was ready to go. But she couldn't stay quiet at tribal! She convinced Yau that this was a major vote and got his "bad-vibe" alert tripping haywire. Excellent job Yau! You listened to your gut. And Earl was completely clueless to the blindside hit.

Ok, so will Earl and Yau share the idol next week? Who can they trust? If I were heading to the final 3, I'd want Boo and Dreamz with me - they won't get any votes. But I see Earl and Yau taking each other, they are too close after all this stuff. So, Earl or Yau get immunity next, both head to the final 4.

And Earl's idol was really hidden, it wasn't that easy to find.

Karlovicious

Karlovicious

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2007 @ 8:07 PM

Damn...my heart was beating fast. Thank you Stacy for being such a colossal ditz and being so obvious about how the whole deal was going down. Good for Yau to survive one more week but I'm really worried for him now.

Boo is a little more likable, altho stating that he doesn't care who has the immunity idol shows he's still dumb as rocks. I guess he's counting on coasting through the strength of winning immunity but I think he'll slip.

Earl, thank God Yau-Man is using his brains 'cause you sure as shit were acting as cocky as the Four Retard-men before Edgardo got voted off.

Tinfoil Hat

Tinfoil Hat

Channel Surfer

If Dreamz hoses Yau for the immunity, I hope he gets booed at the reunion. It should also put him well in the running for 'most hated player'.

Porkins

Porkins

Channel Surfer

Posted May 10, 2007 @ 8:07 PM

Yau is officially the smartest player since Richard Hatch. Three genius moves all in one episode.

Does anyone remember during last season's finale as they were previewing Fiji, Jeff said in the narration that someone would do something hugely controversial? Well, I can't recall anything that has happened so far that would warrant a mention in the season preview, so I have to assume it's still to come. Could it be that Dreamz wins the final four immunity, but does not give it to Yau? That would also go with the "most tension-filled finale ever." I love Dreamz as the original, wildcard player that he is, but this would be terrible.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2007 @ 8:08 PM

Funny...the one time Stacy is popular, and now she has to leave.

Unbelievable move from Yau Man. He's put Dre/amz in a corner...the furest our cheerleader coach can go is fourth, and if he wins immunity, he'll have to fork it over to Yauda or risk losing face to the jury. And if Earl is still buddy-buddy with Yau, then Yau could use another idol to get into F4. What an unbeliveable and risky game this guy is playing. I love him.

It's probably very soothing to listen to in person. But yeah...screw her for voting on Yau.