How to play:
1. The goal is to get the answer [the show] within twenty questions by asking YES/NO or EITHER/OR questions ONLY. Open-ended questions do count as a question but do not have to be answered to your satisfaction.
2. Five guesses count as one question.
3. The person who answers correctly, starts the next round.
4. When starting a new round, start with a hint that relates to the show. Traditional starters like "object" won't work well here. Instead, use a clue that will narrow the shows down to at least half the possible shows. Examples: genre (family, sci-fi, medical), decade, place (Texas, Rhode Island, San Francisco - saying U.S. or even New York or L.A. won't help much). ETA 1: In addition to guessing series, we also guess characters now but that doesn't change the rule about how to start a game. Please give a hint other than "show".
5. If the game goes beyond the alloted 20 questions, it is up to the round arbitrator to either give a hint or conclude that round an utter, abysmal failure.
6. There is a list of the shows and characters that we have already done. When you start a new round, take the list from the beginning of the last round, add the most current answer and post it again. (This way, we shouldn't have repeats at least until some point when we've done them all.)
I'm thinking of a spin-off...
Edited by Care Bear Love, Jul 10, 2007 @ 6:43 PM.