Stars in Waiting...A Wish List

• Please log in to reply

2964 replies to this topic

GoodThings

GoodThings

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 9:56 AM

This is the place to discuss who's rumored to be signing up and who you'd like to see sign up. Remember that plain lists are frowned upon, so be sure to discuss your reasons why and all.

I'll start the ball rolling:
It's been rumored that Deborah Gibson is signing up, having been spotted in the audience for the last two seasons. While I think she would be good, but no ringer, I think she's used up her allotted Reality TV Comeback time already as a judge on that American Idol for kids show and on Skating with Celebrities....

Who else is up for next year?

Genius

Genius

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 10:00 AM

I know that Jennifer Aniston expressed interest, but for one reason or another, has not been cast. I would personally love to see her do it. But would it be considered a step down? And would the producers not select her because such a big star would dominate the votes?

Dandesun

Dandesun

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 10:35 AM

Stephen Nichols from Days of Our Lives. He's 53 and still freaking gorgeous. I have no idea if he can dance or not but I support anything that puts him on my screen more.

justmy2cents

justmy2cents

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 10:39 AM

I don't know how tall they both are, but Jennifer Aniston and Jonathan would make a beautiful pairing.

I have to immortalize the old thread by saying, "BOB NEWHART!" :)

pinetree22

pinetree22

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 10:45 AM

I'd still like to see Danica McKellar (Winnie Cooper!!) on the show. I know she's had some recent dance classes, but I don't think she'd be any more of a ringer than Joey Fatone, or Stacy Kieber.

Latsmile

Latsmile

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 12:19 PM

Tim Gunn please!

Decormaven

Decormaven

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 12:27 PM

Daisy Eagan, who performed in Annie and The Secret Garden, and late of BRAVO's The It Factor.

agrgurich

agrgurich

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 12:27 PM

I'd really like to see Andie Macdowell.

How about Lisa Kudrow of Friends or Jane Leeves & Peri Gilpin of Frasier?

HenrysaBear

HenrysaBear

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 12:39 PM

I'd love to see an 80s pop star, like a member of Duran Duran. Or from one of the 80's hair bands like Poison or Ratt.

chihuahuamom2

chihuahuamom2

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 12:47 PM

Bon Jovi? He can sing, he can act and probably dance a bit..........

fallaway

fallaway

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 12:50 PM

Jane Leeves trained as a ballet dancer. Ding dong, bells are ringing!

I want Pat Benatar on the show. Not only is she a cool chick, but I want to see the "Love Is A Battlefield" Pimp-Smackdown-Shimmy incorporated somehow.

missmaisydaisy

missmaisydaisy

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 12:57 PM

Sela Ward - she was in the audience recently so I wonder if she's there (like Leeza was last year) as prep for next season. She's one gorgeous 50+ woman.

Florence Henderson - I'd so love her! She seems like a kick.

Donny Osmond - he seems like he'd be a lot of fun.

Dan Marino or Joe Montana -- two hot former pro football champions

catgyrl

catgyrl

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 1:26 PM

What... no Alfonso Ribeiro love here?? Granted, he'd have to get a shorter partner (bring Julianne back!), but he moved pretty well last night. Oh, I forgot... wasn't he in "The Tap Dance Kid" on Broadway when he was a kid? He'd be more of a ringer than anyone this year (Joey???). He'd lose a hell of a lot of weight, that's for sure.

Edited by catgyrl, Apr 17, 2007 @ 1:27 PM.

GoodThings

GoodThings

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 2:13 PM

Florence Henderson - I'd so love her! She seems like a kick.

Donny Osmond - he seems like he'd be a lot of fun.

Well, back in her day, FloHen was quite the chanteuse...but I'm not sure of her dancing skills. She was big on Broadway, but might be rusty now. They might be talking to her, which would explain her attendance at yesterday's show....since I don't know if she knows any of this year's stars.

Donny, while I'd love to see him, is one of the original boy bands, so would he be in the "older" slot or the "boy band" slot? ;)

Alfonso Ribeiro won the singing competition they had on (the one with Carly Patterson and Cheech Marin), so I'm not sure I'd want him back so quickly.

Sela Ward - she was in the audience recently so I wonder if she's there (like Leeza was last year) as prep for next season.

She'd be awesome!

shika

shika

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 2:33 PM

I'd love to see an 80s pop star, like a member of Duran Duran. Or from one of the 80's hair bands like Poison or Ratt

Due to that comment I just had a vision of Sebastian Bach on DwTS....and it was LOVELY.

wimple

wimple

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 2:45 PM

Just posted this on another thread - not used to all this freedom and versatility we now have! I say Sasha Cohen. She's so petite and has had ballet so I think she would be awesome. Also, how about the "Flying Tomato" - can't remember his real name, but I'd like to see what a really coodinated snowboarded could do with ballroom. Guess I'm on a winter olympics jag - due to my Apollo love no doubt!

DarkVamp70

DarkVamp70

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 2:53 PM

Rick(y) Shroeder...washed up teen idol!

Christie Brinkley...washed up supermodel!

Tara Conner....scandalous ex-Miss USA!

Bobby Brown...again, gotta give "props" to the former Mr. Whitney Houston!

Chief Elf

Chief Elf

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 2:52 PM

FloHen was quite the chanteuse...but I'm not sure of her dancing skills.

You don't recall those thrilling Brady Bunch episodes showcasing her square dancing and Charleston skills? She's all ready for the quickstep.

catgyrl

catgyrl

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 3:04 PM

Due to that comment I just had a vision of Sebastian Bach on DwTS....and it was LOVELY.

You just made my day!! Dude's seriously TALL, though (6'4"), so he may have the Clyde problem. I also don't think he'd do well in the latin dances, but he could probably dance a mean waltz.

(Yes, I am an 80's hair band geek!)

PoiPounder

PoiPounder

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 3:06 PM

Keeping with the Olympic theme I'd like to see Tanith Belbin.

Glory

Glory

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 3:45 PM

Sela Ward - she was in the audience recently so I wonder if she's there (like Leeza was last year) as prep for next season. She's one gorgeous 50+ woman.

I don't think I could stand to see her and her botoxed eyebrows on my t.v. again every week. After reading all the House recaps and laughing at Sara M's description of her constant state of surprise, I wouldn't be able to take her seriously.

Snug

Snug

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 4:31 PM

That DOES sound lovely...

Until I have my SuperGroup flashback. Then I remember how whiiiiiiny he is. I can just see him bitching about EVERYTHING ad nauseum every week.

Of course, if they wired his jaw shut, he'd be perfect.

Tupelohoney78

Tupelohoney78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 4:37 PM

They have to get Elizabeth Berkeley! And Mario Lopez could come back for a guest shot, and then eventually they can just go through the whole cast of Saved by the Bell. Except Screech, please. I fear him.

the boxer

the boxer

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 4:57 PM

Don't forget the supposed backup plan for in case Master P doesn't show back in season 2- David Carradine.He would be great.

ANikki

ANikki

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 5:08 PM

You just made my day!! Dude's seriously TALL, though (6'4"), so he may have the Clyde problem. I also don't think he'd do well in the latin dances, but he could probably dance a mean waltz.

You made my day, too! That would be awesome. Unfortunately, I see someone like Vince Neal being cast instead.

I would LOVE to see Charles Barkley on this show. He's outspoken enough to make it entertaining - and he's always up for a physical challenge. Did anyone catch his footrace against aging NBA ref Dick Bavetta?

GoodThings

GoodThings

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 5:53 PM

I say Sasha Cohen. She's so petite and has had ballet so I think she would be awesome.

I'd be willing to put figure skaters out of the running....the training and performance they are required to bring is too close to competitive ballroom dancing, IMO. Gymnasts are different, since many floor routines can lack rhythm and/or dancing grace, so I'd be willing to go with someone like Kerri Strug or Dominique Mocianu (just got married). NOT Dominique Dawes, though. Don't like her....

They have to get Elizabeth Berkeley!

Does the "dancing" she did in Showgirls make her a ringer, though? ;)

LynninMN

LynninMN

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 6:10 PM

Does the "dancing" she did in Showgirls make her a ringer, though? ;)

I think just being in "Showgirls" would garner poor Elizabeth sympathy!

I like Christie Brinkley on the wish list.

How do we feel about other TV stars I grew up with? Valerie Bertinelli? Melissa Gilbert? Scott Baio?

AudyGal0516

AudyGal0516

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 6:18 PM

How about some ABC soap stars?

Jason Thompson (Patrick, GH) is so very hot, or Kimberly McCullough (Robin), who has been on GH since she was a little girl. However, I think Kimberly has an extensive dance background (not ballroom though).

Or maybe they could stick Steve Burton (Jason), Maurice Bernard (Sonny) or Laura Wright (Carly) on there and cut down their time on GH...I'd go for that!

You know I'd love to see? Balky from Perfect Strangers! I forget the actors name, but I loved Balky. There's also Candace Cameron, Jodie Sweetin, John Stamos (yes please!), Kellie Martin, etc.

MDKNIGHT

MDKNIGHT

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 6:19 PM

Susan Lucci. She reportedly said she'd love to but didn't have the time. Erica is about due for another coma isn't she?

I want Pat Benatar on the show. Not only is she a cool chick, but I want to see the "Love Is A Battlefield" Pimp-Smackdown-Shimmy incorporated somehow

OMG yes. I would LOVE to see that. She's tiny so Louis could partner her.

I think the poster that said figure skaters should be out due to being ringers is probably right. I imagine that Torvold or Dean could wipe the floor with anybody who has been on without breaking a sweat.

She's on a show now but maybe during a lull, what do people think about Sally Fields?

As for David Carridine I bet he'd love to ballroom dance. I remember a SNL sketch he did were he professed that he had always wished to make a living with his feet but not Kung Fu kicking , dancing. Of course the producers would HAVE to rent Kung Fu Fighting, they just wouldn't be able to avoid it. He's a little old but last I saw him in a commercial he seemed to still be fit. They defiantely should ask him.

Edited by MDKNIGHT, Apr 17, 2007 @ 6:47 PM.

Dbrain2004

Dbrain2004

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 6:24 PM

Anderson Cooper.

He already has/had an ABC connection (The Mole), and if nothing else, him being on DWTS would make for a great fluff piece on his CNN show.

Or how about any other reality show host - Julie Chen, Phil Keoghan, Jeff Probst, Kennedy - the list goes on.

Going off of DarkVamp's Tara Conner idea, I suggest another former beauty queen - Susie Castillo. Miss USA 2003 (the one who passed her crown to Shandi), MTV host, and I need a reason for her to stay away from hosting any more MTV reunion shows for a while.

...Or, what could be one of the biggest comebacks ever in terms of positive PR - Tara Reid. She needs all the help she can get.