Kym Johnson: Sexier Down Under

• Please log in to reply

416 replies to this topic

britt479

britt479

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 5, 2012 @ 1:21 PM

I'm not surprise Kym and Joey got voted off this early (week 2). Isn't she one of the oldest ones? 36 or something like that. Maybe this will be her last season. She seems to think this show is about her instead her partner. The look on her face when they got eliminated, embarrassed and look like she wanted to run and hide. She is overdoing it with that botox too.

Fable

Fable

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2012 @ 10:02 PM

I'm not surprise Kym and Joey got voted off this early (week 2). Isn't she one of the oldest ones? 36 or something like that. Maybe this will be her last season. She seems to think this show is about her instead her partner. The look on her face when they got eliminated, embarrassed and look like she wanted to run and hide. She is overdoing it with that botox too

I can't agree. I think she felt bad because she wanted to see Joey go farther. Kym does look like she has had a lot of work done, but I still think she is genuine.

CattyTiger

CattyTiger

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2012 @ 4:43 PM

I think she's genuine, too, and I really like her. I also think she has the best body of the women. I didn't freeze frame on her when they showed her original dance with Joey, but the nose job was quite obvious.

I hope she's one of those dancers who has great longevity. I enjoy her dancing.

stuckintraffic

stuckintraffic

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 28, 2012 @ 9:39 PM

More reasons to love Kym, sigh.
She's Tinkerbelle! Watch the vid, read the story.

Kym attends Down Syndrome in Arts & Media screening

Elsa

Elsa

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2012 @ 5:30 PM

I was reading in Chelsie's thread and it just dawned on me that she's short and will look funny, imo, with Gilles and Peta, and the obvious choice was Kym. I hope she was busy and asked to be relieved of trio duty - otherwise I'm a bit annoyed. But Anna was left out too, and I guess with Derek 'probably' leaving, they want to give exposure to the troupe guys, but still, I don't get choosing Chelsie over Kym, especially for that couple.

Mbeaker

Mbeaker

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 7, 2012 @ 5:56 PM

Kym wasn't even an option for Gilles and Peta. Cheryl and Emmitt had already chosen Kym for their trio.

Elsa

Elsa

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2012 @ 5:58 PM

Thanks, Mbeaker. Oops - I should have checked before posting. That's great!

dancingwithKym

dancingwithKym

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 11:58 PM

Kym was dating a business executive at the time so I don't think it was someone from the show. So I have no idea why Warren started that rumor about her dating someone from the show. I'm not surprised he brought it up though because he was on the Howard show. On that show, you're expected to start and spread rumors and be dirty. That's why I hate that show. I think she got DAG the following season because she's always getting the funny guys. Kym got emotional when she and Joey left because their elimination was a big surprise and she loved dancing with him. She wanted it to last longer. I don't think she showcases herself at all. She does a great job showcasing all of her partners.

Edited by dancingwithKym, Nov 15, 2012 @ 11:58 PM.

aceplace57

aceplace57

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2013 @ 3:48 AM

Has Kym said how she'll balance her Apprentice commitment and dwts? I'm guessing the final is live jut like the U.S. Apprentice?

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted Mar 1, 2013 @ 8:08 AM

It's not live, that I can recall. Evidently Kym was already "fired" at some point, otherwise she wouldn't have been available to do DWTS.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2013 @ 4:42 AM

I'm really glad Kym is able to do the new season. She brings such warmth and a genuine sense of self to the show. The previous season really suffered from her early departure.

sunalsosets21

sunalsosets21

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 11:34 AM

I don't post in this thread often but just wanted to give Kym some props for last night. I've always called Kym "the silent assassin" of the PROS. Because she's not as loud and vocal like the Maks's or "pushing boundaries" like Derek, Mark or the "diva" like Karina, she sometimes gets forgotten, even though she's won the Mirror Ball twice.

But often, she's quietly delivering very good, very creative and smart choreography. That was an ambitious routine she put together there for Week 1 and while it wasn't perfect, it was pretty good and definitely challenged Ingo which I think was a good thing. Kind of interested to see how far they go because I think fanbase might be the issue with him when compared to people like Aly, an Olympian, Jacoby, an NFL champ and Zendaya, a Disney darling.

Edited by sunalsosets21, Mar 19, 2013 @ 11:35 AM.

IngoFanFirst

IngoFanFirst

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2013 @ 8:30 PM

Very strange that no one talks about Kym. What's up with that?

She seems like a great teacher, a good dancer, but she just seems to keep a low profile... or am I missing something?

Katrinell

Katrinell

Channel Surfer

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 6:30 AM

I love Kym. She is a very elegant dancer, excellent choreo skills, and is a very good teacher. And she is toitally no drama, maybe that's why nobody talks about her. She is just great! ....and has the best body on the show.

Katrinell

Katrinell

Channel Surfer

Posted May 14, 2013 @ 7:40 AM

Loved Kym’s charleston. She is great at choreographing this type of dance!

Elsa

Elsa

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 10:04 AM

I love Kym!  I was delighted to see her back this season because she gave an interview after All-Stars saying she was thinking about "hanging up her dancing shoes."  I hope she's back next season.  She brings so much warmth to the show, as well as being a great teacher and fabulous choreographer, which she proved right out of the gate with Jerry Springer.  She's a treasure!  And sexy as hell on a Saturday night!!

But this is an ageist business and she'll be 37 in August.  I think Louis is about 40, Tony too -- but there's a pro on Strictly who's mid to late 40's (Anton du Beke) though he's sort of a comic figure.  Strictly has also been known to drop late-30's pros, and not just the women (Matt Cutler, Ian Waite, Karen Hardy, Nicole Cutler.)  Hopefully Kym will be like Anton and defy the odds!  And Tony may be our Anton, who knows what they'll do with the change in format to one night per week, but two extra weeks in the season?

They keep yammering on about doing everything possible to get younger viewers so maybe they'll hire Zendaya and that 10 year old to pair up with Disney baby-stars.

Edited by Elsa, May 16, 2013 @ 10:07 AM.

Katrinell

Katrinell

Channel Surfer

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 7:04 AM

They keep yammering on about doing everything possible to get younger viewers so maybe they'll hire Zendaya and that 10 year old to pair up with Disney baby-stars

LOL Elsa! :-))))

LauraLei13

LauraLei13

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 19, 2013 @ 6:38 PM

Kym will be sitting out season 17 to pursue an "amazing work opportunity" in Australia

Elsa

Elsa

Fanatic

Posted Aug 19, 2013 @ 11:03 PM

Just saw this tweet saying that Kym will be a judge on the newly-revamped Australian version of DWTS this Fall:

DWTSGossip@DWTSGossip 3h

Good luck Kym.... “@mrpford: Kym Johnson to be a judge on revamped DWTS here in Australia.”

8:41 PM - 19 Aug 13

Jobo05

Jobo05

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 20, 2013 @ 6:08 AM

Sad she won't be on next season, but if the rumor about her judging DWTS in Oz is true, I say yay! Happy for her! Hope to see her back for season 18, tho.

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 12:10 PM

I'm going to miss Kym, but I agree if the rumor about her being a judge on the Aussie version is true, then that is an awesome opportunity for her. 

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted Aug 24, 2013 @ 6:32 PM

I'll have to make a point of looking for the Aussie DWTS on You-know-where this fall.  That version could certainly use some new judges, and it will be nice to see Kym back in her native element.  Go Kym!

Jobo05

Jobo05

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 25, 2013 @ 6:38 PM

Saw a tweet from her now, confirming she'll be a judge on DWTS Australia. Congratulations to Kym! Very happy she's getting this amazing opportunity! Guess I'll be scouring YT for clips of her on there when the season airs...

simba12

simba12

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 4, 2014 @ 2:40 PM

Safe to say that she's now joined Alec, Edyta, Elena, Nick, Louis, Chelsie, Lacey, Dmitri, and Anna on the DWTS scrap heap...

Jobo05

Jobo05

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 4, 2014 @ 4:12 PM

One word: BOO!!!! Will miss her.

sintin

sintin

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2014 @ 4:33 PM

Such a shame. I really felt her absence when the cast and pairings were announced today. It felt like Kym, Karina and Cheryl were the "triumvate" of DWTS, the three pros on the women's side who could be depended on to bring the best out of their partners. I don't see the show lasting past another couple season anyway, so perhaps it's a good thing that Kym found a more rewardable gig elsewhere but I always felt she was underrated and underappreciated by the judges despite having won twice.

Katrinell

Katrinell

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 10, 2014 @ 11:39 AM

Kym is absolutely great. The show will suffer without her.