Edyta Sliwinska: Panther Woman

• Please log in to reply

382 replies to this topic

Lolligagger

Lolligagger

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2010 @ 11:05 AM

Eeesh, yeah. Edyta was thin to begin with. :/ Someone speculated a while back that they wondered if she had body image issues. If that's the case, I hope someone steps in.

catgyrl

catgyrl

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 30, 2010 @ 7:08 PM

Per TMZ:

Edyta Quit DWTS?

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted Aug 30, 2010 @ 8:21 PM

If that's true, it would explain why Lacey is back after she initially said that she wouldn't be this season.

And if it IS true, I can't say I blame Edyta. I can see where she'd be finally ready to move on after five years and ten seasons. No doubt, she and Alec will want to start a family at some point, too.

Edited by legaleagle44, Aug 30, 2010 @ 8:22 PM.

Shelabell101

Shelabell101

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 30, 2010 @ 8:36 PM

It's true, just confirmed herself via twitter

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted Sep 1, 2010 @ 12:15 AM

I think that is one of the oddest press releases I have ever seen. Did Edyta hire Karina's publicist?

Just let everyone know that she isn't coming back. Why the need to make it sound like there was a big blow up with the producers? And, why now, bring up the treatment of Alec from sooo many seasons ago?

So, she thinks the producers wanted dance to be her life? Um, she IS a dancer, right? It all sounds like useless drama to me. Oh, forgot, the show likes that.

protanto

protanto

Fanatic

Posted Sep 4, 2010 @ 12:46 AM

So, she thinks the producers wanted dance to be her life? Um, she IS a dancer, right? It all sounds like useless drama to me.

ITA. On the other hand, I do not know enough about the value of "drama" in these circles - may be they need it for a come-back or something?

This article states that Edyta is still under the contract and simply can not "waltz" away from them. Does this mean we will see her in professional performances this season?

Also, I kind of understand her decision. She is getting older and is wisely afraid of physical limitations that come with age.
It is wise, I think, to get a degree and then, continue in the field of dancing in a different role. Anyway, good luck to Edyta. I will miss her.

Edited by protanto, Sep 4, 2010 @ 12:48 AM.

sinycalone

sinycalone

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2010 @ 10:31 AM

I wish Edyta welll...if she is going back to school or not. Whatever contract the pro dancers have with DWTS, it does not guarantee them a spot each season, obviously. More likely it's more of a "if we need you, you have to be available" agreement. If that is the case, I can see where some of the dancers might resent the situation. It might also explain why certain dancers only appeared once or twice. Granted some of those non-repeaters might just be not up to DWTS standards (whatever they might be) -- but some probably figured it would be too restrictive.

The publicity from being a pro on DWTS is great....however, I suspect the treatment of each dancer varies a lot. In other words if your last name is Ballas or Hough, you are catered to -- whereas if your last name is Roberts or Mazo, you wind up with table scraps.

ashleigh12

ashleigh12

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 11, 2010 @ 12:37 PM

Some Saturday youtube laziness led me to this:

Alec & Edyta play the Newlywed Game

She writes him love poems! So cute!

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Sep 22, 2011 @ 7:47 AM

So I guess a couple seasons going by confirms she's gone for good, eh?

Any news on what she's doing now?

BillandGrace

BillandGrace

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 22, 2011 @ 11:02 PM

The publicity from being a pro on DWTS is great....however, I suspect the treatment of each dancer varies a lot. In other words if your last name is Ballas or Hough, you are catered to -- whereas if your last name is Roberts or Mazo, you wind up with table scraps.

I agree, sinycalone. I wish her well. She must have felt pushed into a corner by TPTB. She was one of the most beautiful and graceful of the dancers. Hope she does some guest appearances.

Sunnyheart

Sunnyheart

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2011 @ 10:28 AM

They did a big pro number in the 200th episode with all the past and present pros. Neither Edyta or Alec were there. I knew then we would never see them again. I don't know why they got the cold shoulder from the show, but I know Edyta (who has always had great PR skills) said several things that indicated it was not a good parting. It's a shame too because I liked both of them. I was sorry when Natalie Coughlin got booted off because her partnership with Alec was very charming.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2011 @ 3:26 AM

That's just wrong. She was SO loyal to the show for SO long. And kind of constantly got shafted on partners too, season after season. She was owed some respect.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Oct 20, 2011 @ 7:22 PM

Video > (myFOXla) Edyta Sliwinska On GDLA - October 20, 2011

Placard

Placard

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 21, 2013 @ 3:59 AM

I miss Edyta. She was one of my favorite dancers and the show was so much more exciting when she danced. Such a beautiful, smart and talented lady.

moni

moni

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 10, 2013 @ 10:42 AM

Edyta is expecting a baby :) check her twiiter

Jobo05

Jobo05

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 10, 2013 @ 2:39 PM

Congrats to her and Alec. Such wonderful news! Saw her twitter pic. Pregnancy looks good on her. :)

RebeccaCP

RebeccaCP

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 10, 2013 @ 6:27 PM

People has an article as well, with more quotes.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted Oct 10, 2013 @ 7:22 PM

First Anna, and now Edyta (and Elena also gave birth about a month ago).  There must be something in the water!  :)

Fable

Fable

Fanatic

Posted Oct 14, 2013 @ 8:36 PM

With Edyta and Alec as parents, that child is no doubt all but guaranteed to be physically stunning! 

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted Jan 9, 2014 @ 11:08 PM

Edyta gave birth on January 4.  She posted a pic on Twitter.  The baby is just as cute as you'd expect, and Edyta looks fantastic for someone who just had a baby five days ago.

Sugakates78

Sugakates78

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 10, 2014 @ 12:05 PM

They named him Michael Alexander. http://celebritybabi...hael-alexander/

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted Jan 11, 2014 @ 12:42 AM

And he looks just like his dad, I think!

BoldandRestless

BoldandRestless

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 29, 2014 @ 8:57 PM

Edyta is a stunner! I really miss her.