Maksim Chmerkovskiy: From Ukraine with Love

• Please log in to reply

6157 replies to this topic

Sexylibrarian

Sexylibrarian

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 8:10 PM

Tight pants, buns of steel, sexy accent... a place to discuss Maksim and his many attributes.

shortpplfedup

shortpplfedup

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 8:30 PM

Gawd, watching his arse move in that rumba was akin to a religious experience.

DarkVamp70

DarkVamp70

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 8:55 PM

Prrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Damn! That man has some hip action!!!!

annabarb

annabarb

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 8:59 PM

He is quite something, isn't he?

I hear Laila dances very well, but I can't say for sure. My eyes just gravitate to Maks and I can't look away.

arlykeeno

arlykeeno

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 9:25 PM

I am seriously in love with Maks. Ya lyublyu Maksim. Not kidding, either!

I keep hoping that he will match up with Karina for a new partnership that really burns the floor and wins all kinds of competitions. Not a love match or anything. Just a competition partnership.

shortpplfedup

shortpplfedup

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 9:28 PM

I'm so with you on that! If Maks and Karina competed together, it would be OVER for any other couple on the floor.

Traveling Gnome

Traveling Gnome

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 9:34 PM

Maksim is mesmerizing, indeed! Funny thing, though, I never noticed him in the past seasons (first time I saw him was when he was paired with Tia Carrere) and the difference between then and now is his hair! I think the shorter length suits him so much better! He is a hunka-hunka-burnin'rumba-lurve!!

kangaroojane

kangaroojane

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 9:36 PM

If Maks' ass wasn't such a big part of this show, I don't think I would watch. He seriously sets my tv screen on fire everytime he's on.

Are all Russian men this hot!?! Geeez...

BrainyBlonde

BrainyBlonde

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 9:50 PM

Are all Russian men this hot!?! Geeez...

If they are, then I'm booking the next flight to Moscow. :)

So, if Maks and Laila make it through to next week, which they will, then they will have to do one of the dances they skipped in previous weeks. Which dance would you like to see first? Cha Cha, Quickstep, Jive, Waltz, or Samba? I think I'd like to see them do the Quickstep since I don't recall Maks ever doing that dance on the show before.

Sexylibrarian

Sexylibrarian

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 9:51 PM

I would love to see Maks and Laila do the Waltz and the Samba.

DarkVamp70

DarkVamp70

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 10:04 PM

Samba! Or cha cha! A dance where he can shake his ass!

Pat Stank

Pat Stank

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 10:02 PM

OMG they were so hot tonight. I loved the whole show, but mostly watching Maks' various body parts.

bluvelvet

bluvelvet

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 10:03 PM

I didn't really watch previous seasons and only caught the end of season 3 (no Maks). However from the clips I have seen, he looks much better with short hair.

happy2b

happy2b

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 10:09 PM

I hear Laila dances very well, but I can't say for sure. My eyes just gravitate to Maks and I can't look away.

Word. I really want to watch Laila the entire time as I do the other stars but it is extremely difficult to not watch that man move the way he does. Whew!

khascat

khascat

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 10:38 PM

I want a quickstep, only so I can properly finish a montage. ;) Other than that I was hoping for a samba this week.

Dbrain2004

Dbrain2004

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 11:09 PM

I came to this thread just as I got to the Maks/Laila rhumba. Loved reading the comments as the dance went along. Had to rewind it and enjoy the experience.

Something I am surprised that wasn't mentioned here - I do believe this was Maks's first 10 on this show!

justmy2cents

justmy2cents

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 11:15 PM

I came over mostly to congratulate you all on having a thread of your own. The regular show thread reads a little funny without all the posts dedicated to different pieces of Maks' anatomy!

I don't usually say it, but I thought he was very attractively dressed tonight. I dug those big cuffs on his sleeves; the tuxedo-look shirt and the unusually coy expressions were a terrific look for him.

shimi

shimi

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 11:48 PM

Mm, Maks. Amazing what a make-under will do. I love how he's made it work with three very different partners over the seasons. For all of the/my criticism of how he can come off as preening/smug in his dancing, I have to admit that he's a fine partner on these shows. Doesn't hurt that he's sex on a stick either.

JenTG

JenTG

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 11:55 PM

Something I am surprised that wasn't mentioned here - I do believe this was Maks's first 10 on this show!

If I remeber correctly, he also got a 10 for his waltz with Willa last season. I'm glad Laila and he got one tonight. Hopefully, Maks and Laila get through tomorrow safely.

When he's not smiling to the audience (and he usually doesn't when dancing with a "star") Maksim makes a fine partner. I just love the way he dances, very balletic. I'd be interested to see him do a quickstep with Laila, hopefully they'll get a chance to do one.

judetheobscure

judetheobscure

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 9:32 AM

It would be very difficult for any woman watcher NOT to find Maksim C fascinating and adorable. I agree with those who have spoken to his growth over these three seasons.

His first season with Tea was gorgeous, very SERIOUS, dance but difficulty with the interviews -- unintended gaffs for sure. I notice some people still remember those things as if he wanted to hurt her--which of course isn't true at all.

His second season with Willa was pretty tumultuous, both because he and Willa were so combative with each other at first, and then because it was clear that neither the judges nor the public were going to reward her really good dancing. That was a very hard lesson for them both to learn -- it's not about the dance -- it's a popularity contest. Frustrating for Maksim to realize he couldn't affect her standing no matter how hard they worked.

THIS season, is a MUCH more matured, relaxed, happy Maksim. I don't attribute it to having such a fabulous partner, although Laila certainly is making it much easier to enjoy the season. I think Maksim has accepted the terms of this slightly tacky show (now that he understands them from experience) and I also think that DWTS has acknowledged the tremendous HOT and FUN factor he adds to the show and is showcasing him. From the first opening moments, they seem to have been featuring him (much as they are featuring Julianne) -- obviously he is great for ratings.

Anyway, I love, love, love many of the pro's. Karina is the best. Jonathan is handsome and sweet. Kym is a real trouper and beautiful to boot. Tony is THE handsome leading man in the background. What a gentleman he is during the dances. But Maksim cannot seem to help coming through as SEX ON WHEELS and a fabulous performer as well. As he matures each year, he only gets better.

Sexylibrarian

Sexylibrarian

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 9:53 AM

and I also think that DWTS has acknowledged the tremendous HOT and FUN factor he adds to the show and is showcasing him. From the first opening moments, they seem to have been featuring him (much as they are featuring Julianne) -- obviously he is great for ratings

Having not watched seasons two and three, I decided to check DWTS 4 without any rooting interest - took one look at Maks, wiped the drool from my face and the floor and decided to stick around. IMO, he's come off so well in interviews and rehearsals, very charming and fun and my goodness, what a beautiful dancer.

DarkVamp70

DarkVamp70

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 11:53 AM

Maks is sex on legs! The man can't help it that he was blessed with dat ass!!!

Aurinos

Aurinos

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 12:47 PM

Nothing much to add here, just that Maks should be categorized as a national treasure both here *and* in Russia. Hoo goodness! Boy is that one fine man.;)

Spicey477

Spicey477

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 11:49 PM

Mr. Spicey has a real issue with my obsession over my reality-tv boyfriend, Maks. It really came to blows when last night, a weekend version of Extra came on at around 11:30pm. We were reading in bed and I blurted out, "Oh, they are going to show Maks' leg!", of course pretending that I haven't watched the clip online several times before! Gotta love Maks. And his leg. You know, skiing accident and all...

Sexylibrarian

Sexylibrarian

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2007 @ 9:10 AM

Gotta love Maks. And his leg. You know, skiing accident and all...

As I see it, you can always tell the hubby it's a human interest story -young man battles adversity and becomes a world class dancer. It's not your fault that said dancer happens to be sex on a stick.:)

I've been trying to catch up on Maks' dancing by viewing clips from seasons two and three. I really liked him with Tia, but I have to say, IMO despite the showmance angle, Maks has a ton more chemistry with Laila than he did with Willa.

Edited by Sexylibrarian, Apr 18, 2007 @ 9:11 AM.

Teena10242

Teena10242

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2007 @ 6:42 PM

I'm so glad that this thread is available to talk about my love of Maks.

Sex on a stick

fits him perfectly. YUUUMMMYYY.

I was a little suprised when I first saw him this season and he had cut his hair. He does look just as good though. Reminds me of Bon Jovi; He looked just as good when he cut his hair.

I read somewhere that Maks was dating Elena (Clyde's partner) before and now it is over. Had anyone else read this too?

I agree with the poster that said would like to see Maks and Karina get together. I think that would be awsome. She is such a firecracker; I think they would set the room on fire.

Can't wait for Monday to come to get my next fix of Maks...YUUMMYYYY.

whyistherumgone

whyistherumgone

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2007 @ 6:47 PM

I read somewhere that Maks was dating Elena (Clyde's partner) before and now it is over. Had anyone else read this too?

I don't know about them dating, but they were dance partners before she started dancing with Tony. I think Elena said it was something like 4 years that they danced together. I never heard any talk of dating. I suspect that rumor may have stemmed from Maks saying that he had been romantically involved with a partner in the past and would never do it again. But he's had more partners than just Elena. I always thought he was talking about another partner of his. I can picture her, but her name escapes me. Beautiful girl, though.

Edited by whyistherumgone, Apr 18, 2007 @ 6:47 PM.

Teena10242

Teena10242

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2007 @ 6:55 PM

I don't know about them dating, but they were dance partners before she started dancing with Tony. I think Elena said it was something like 4 years that they danced together.

Thanks Whyistherumgone I must have read wrong.

BTW Great name!!

Pat Stank

Pat Stank

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 18, 2007 @ 7:02 PM

I thought I had read last year on his yahoo group (not sure) that someone thought he had dated Elena (when they were dance partners). I don't think we will know for sure because he and Elena are very private with that info. It is all rumors at this point. Unless someone has more concrete info.

raina1049

raina1049

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 18, 2007 @ 8:16 PM

I think someone said it was Samanta Togni. I think he danced with her for a year or so. She was also on the Italian DWTS.