Tom Bergeron: The Host with the Most

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

310 replies to this topic

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2007 @ 3:14 AM

Why is it that Tom seems to dislike Samantha so much? It makes me dislike him because I just feel sorry for her and think he's being a jackass.

Because he is doing his job and most of hers also. She's worthless. And he treats her much better than just about any other person would.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted May 8, 2007 @ 12:31 AM

Happy Birthday Tom!!

Sunday, May 6 - Host Tom Bergeron ("Dancing with the Stars") is 52

And he looked great tonight. I never would have guessed that he's 52 now (See, Leeza? That's how you rock the 50s--you don't go broadcasting how confident and sexy you still feel, you simply look and act it.)

I'm only 46, but if Tom and Bruno (who's also 52, IIRC) are any indication of what life is like after 50, then I say: BRING. IT. ON.

Edited by legaleagle44, May 8, 2007 @ 12:29 AM.

Double Delight

Double Delight

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2007 @ 3:04 AM

Looks like Samantha's gibberish is contagious. At least Tom didn't try to pass it off as if nothing had happened.

PoiPounder

PoiPounder

Couch Potato

Posted May 25, 2007 @ 3:39 PM

When watching the finale Tom pretty much confirmed what I've been thinking for the last couple weeks, that he was SO rooting for Apolo and Julianne. It was his comment after their final paso that totally confirmed it for me. Him saying whatever happens that he was going to miss seeing them dance together. Don't remember him saying that to the other couples. It was pretty noticable even before that. The way he was kind of protective of them when Len would give them harsh comments or when Tom called Len out on Apolo and Julianne's "raunchy" dance but letting Joey get away with it. Funny how Tom didn't even think Apolo and Julianne would be in the top 3 or was it 4? but then you start noticing little things when he was around Apolo and Julianne than the other couples that he was pulling for them.

SoCalLabRat

SoCalLabRat

Couch Potato

Posted May 25, 2007 @ 4:01 PM

ITA, PoiPounder. As I was re-watching all the episodes, I did notice he was quite partial to Apolo and Julianne. Towards the end you could see it more and more, with high fives and hugs for Apolo and Julianne after their dances (after A/J's freestyle, you can see that, even though it's partially off camera. Also, on Julianne's website, there's a picture she posted from behind the scenes of her and Tom. It's super cute). I've never seen him interact with the other contestants that way. Makes me love Tom even more!

BTW, when did Tom say he didn't think Apolo and Julianne would be in the top 3? I must have missed that interview.

PoiPounder

PoiPounder

Couch Potato

Posted May 25, 2007 @ 5:26 PM

BTW, when did Tom say he didn't think Apolo and Julianne would be in the top 3? I must have missed that interview.

It was a interview he did awhile back. I could of sworn I read it from this board.

missmaisydaisy

missmaisydaisy

Fanatic

Posted May 25, 2007 @ 6:47 PM

Sunday, May 6 - Host Tom Bergeron ("Dancing with the Stars") is 52

And he looked great tonight. I never would have guessed that he's 52 now (See, Leeza? That's how you rock the 50s--you don't go broadcasting how confident and sexy you still feel, you simply look and act it.) I'm only 46, but if Tom and Bruno (who's also 52, IIRC) are any indication of what life is like after 50, then I say: BRING. IT. ON.

First off, I can't believe Bruno is 52 - he looks only in his 40's, seriously. Tom looks good too. As a female who just turned 49, I will say -- and this seems to be the consensus among my many female friends and a distinct difference in aging between men and women -- is that it's a hell of a lot easier aging in America as a man than as a woman. Men get older and sexier; women just get older. If men sag a bit here and there, it's not a big deal. If women start sagging, well, more is made of it. The kinds of clothes women can wear to feel sexy change as one ages (longer sleeves, longer skirt lengths, more cover-up of saggy skin, etc. since crepy skin isn't exactly attractive) whereas clothes styles for aging men don't really change. Yes, men are getting plastic surgery in higher numbers, but the facts are (IMO) that it's harder to feel attractive and sexy in America as a woman past 45 or older...so I understood completely where Leeza was coming from. And damn if she didn't look fantastic, especially for having 3 kids, so she had every right, IMO, to brag about being 'fearless and 50.' That said, I know there are women hitting 50 and beyond who don't broadcast it, so it is case-by-case, but I do know where Leeza is coming from (she might also be feeling a bit needy given that she has just gone through Divorce #3 - that's a lot of marriages, IMO, and likely left her feeling like she needed some validation perhaps).

Even Laila said it was 'hard' to be a 'bigger' woman on a show like DWTS where everyone is so thin...and anyone over a size 8 in America knows that this is true. I'm sure she's faced that a lot in many other places too, just as every women over a size 8 has (or many have).

As for my (and many other women's ) emotional confidence, yes, it increases massively in your 40's and beyond and that is delicious - I am more "me", much more free with my thoughts and my abilities and that is wonderful...but there is a price in terms of the physical body and while that sounds very vain (and I always thought older women complaining about their aging body were just that), you might be surprised (if you're a woman) to discover yourself feeling that 'loss' too. I know I do and I never, ever thought I would - I thought I was 'beyond' that kind of vanity...I just hate that it seems to be a trade-off whereas men don't have as big a trade-off, IMO.

Edited by missmaisydaisy, May 25, 2007 @ 7:14 PM.

MarkC99

MarkC99

Fanatic

Posted Sep 3, 2007 @ 1:23 PM

Tom Bergeron was one of the participants on this year's Jerry Lewis MDA telethon. He interacted with Muppets and also had to watch a very awkward performance by Lamchop and Shari Lewis' daughter.

pinetree22

pinetree22

Fanatic

Posted Sep 3, 2007 @ 5:51 PM

Lambchop! I love Lambchop! I had a Lambchop inner tube, and that little lamb helped me learn to swim. I had a Lambchop lunch box too. I didn't need any help learning to eat, I had already figured that out. :)

Off to the site that shall not be named to see if I can find video of Tom and my favorite little lamb!

yesenializ

yesenializ

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 8:36 AM

FYI-Tom's going to be on Jimmy Kimmel Tuesday 9/25

tamarai

tamarai

Fanatic

Posted Nov 6, 2007 @ 9:36 AM

This is the first seson of DWTS that I've watched, and I must say that I love Tom more and more each week. He's so cheeky! I was sad to discover that his thread was way down on page five.

superpole2000

superpole2000

Fanatic

Posted Nov 6, 2007 @ 9:53 AM

He is very clever. The show would lose a lot without Tom.

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

Posted Nov 6, 2007 @ 10:09 AM

He is very clever. The show would lose a lot without Tom.

Word. There are two reasons why I watched the first show: Joey McIntyre (what? NKOTB forever!) and Tom as I thought he was a RIOT on Hollywood Squares. And his snark never fails to dissapoint me.

Ima Pilgrim

Ima Pilgrim

Fanatic

Posted Nov 6, 2007 @ 3:30 PM

I'm a native New Hampshireite and I remember Tom back in his early radio days on WHEB in Portsmouth - he was as funny then as he is now - he makes the show, IMO.

rulesoftravel

rulesoftravel

Stalker

Posted Nov 6, 2007 @ 3:39 PM

I think he really liked Sabrina.

MarkC99

MarkC99

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2007 @ 2:46 AM

The upside to that extremely unfunny Jimmy Kimmel sketch was we got to see Tom Bergeron is hiding a damn nice body under his suit.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Nov 14, 2007 @ 9:18 AM

For once, you and I agree on something, MarkC99. Tom's got one killer body for a 52-year-old man. And he has really grown on me as a host, too. I simply can't see anyone else hosting our show; as far as I'm concerned, even Drew, as good as he turned out to be filling in for Samantha, is going to have some awfully big shoes to fill on Dance Wars.

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2007 @ 11:41 AM

Tom has a great personality and seems like a fun guy. He doesn't deserve Samantha.

loveisthedrug

loveisthedrug

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2007 @ 12:53 PM

I'm a sucker for nice arms, and boy, did I love seeing Tom in short sleeves. Who knew?

Sexylibrarian

Sexylibrarian

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2007 @ 12:59 PM

I love me some Tom and I'm old enough to remember him from his early television days in Boston. IMO, DWTS just wouldn't be the same without him as the host.

Gideon Brown

Gideon Brown

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2007 @ 1:01 PM

I loved his reaction to Jennie's comment about loving elimination night. Something about "you could write a book on that" and then "here comes Jennie's favourite part." I love Tom, and wow he has some major guns.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted Nov 14, 2007 @ 10:10 PM

I forgot to mention, he's also a great dancer. I just re-watched his Quickstep with Ashly on You-know-what, and he coulda been a contender, I tell you!

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

Posted Nov 26, 2007 @ 9:23 PM

Marie: "I'm a doll designer!"

Tom: "Yes, we already know."

I heart Tom that I want to squeeze the stuffing out of him.

GoldenWoman

GoldenWoman

Stalker

Posted Nov 26, 2007 @ 9:47 PM

I love Tom! I wish he could host everything.

harvestbasket

harvestbasket

Stalker

Posted Nov 26, 2007 @ 9:57 PM

They should have had Tom host the Emmys over Ryan Seacrest. He is the best host on tv-hands down.

missmaisydaisy

missmaisydaisy

Fanatic

Posted Nov 26, 2007 @ 10:11 PM

Marie: "I'm a doll designer!"

Tom: "Yes, we already know."

THAT? Was priceless. And likely revealed the "real" Marie that Tom's seen all these weeks that perhaps viewers haven't...he had that tone in his voice like he wanted to bitch-slap her.

The best part about Tom is he never misses a beat...such wry humor and quickness. Best in the business.

ETA:

I look at Tom to gauge how these celebs really are. I loved Jennie, but worried if it was an act. Nope, Tom was great to her and you can tell she was being real (want Kelly Taylor back on tv) and you can tell how much he loved Apolo last season.

Absolutely. I've noticed that he seems to really like Mel this season too. Even if he doesn't actively show dislike for a celeb, you can see a "distancing" that he does that gives away his thoughts about that person.

Edited by missmaisydaisy, Nov 26, 2007 @ 10:20 PM.

harvestbasket

harvestbasket

Stalker

Posted Nov 26, 2007 @ 10:18 PM

I look at Tom to gauge how these celebs really are. I loved Jennie, but worried if it was an act. Nope, Tom was great to her and you can tell she was being real (want Kelly Taylor back on tv) and you can tell how much he loved Apolo last season.

ABC-give Tom a raise! Highlight of that trainwreck called a finale.

Kariann1964

Kariann1964

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 26, 2007 @ 10:24 PM

I think Tom knew something was up in the performances but he didn't skip a beat. Although Ryan Seacrest is a pretty good host, Tom just goes beyond just being there. I happen to like Samantha (a minority here) and feel they are a good team.

Still haven't quite figured out the love fest between him and Mel, but Maks just joined in on it. I almost fell out of my chair with the double bear hug. Made me want to join in. I agree this show belongs to Tom!

loseresque

loseresque

Stalker

Posted Nov 26, 2007 @ 10:26 PM

I love when Tom told Marie to stop throwing a hissy fit. That ranks up there with the "We already know" comment. Awesomeness.

missmaisydaisy

missmaisydaisy

Fanatic

Posted Nov 26, 2007 @ 10:45 PM

I love when Tom told Marie to stop throwing a hissy fit.

When was that? I must have missed it - details, if you can!