DWTS In The Media

• Please log in to reply

7836 replies to this topic

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2010 @ 8:58 AM

lovemaks, the last link didn't work for me. I found the video clip here.

CattyTiger

CattyTiger

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2010 @ 10:34 AM

Erin and Maks and Bonnie were all great in their segment, and it was about 9 minutes long.

sunalsosets

sunalsosets

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2010 @ 12:45 PM

I just saw that interview and it was great. I kind of liked how Bonnie would just let them go back and forth and not say anything for a few seconds.

I loved how she inevitably just asked them flat out if something was going on there. It was a cute interview and fyi, I want Erin's legs.

canwetalk

canwetalk

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 26, 2010 @ 12:50 PM

Chad on the George Lopez Show last night:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=l3YEA29CweA

Legender

Legender

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 26, 2010 @ 6:15 PM

And in a case of that all-important synergy, Dancing with the Stars peeps like Tom Bergeron and Cheryl Burke will be on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire next week as the Ask the Expert lifeline or just asking a celebrity question. Rumor has it Meredith may get up and shake it. Might be worth it! I saw some of the questions on the promo, not all are easy!

Millionaire

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Mar 27, 2010 @ 5:31 AM

Press Release > DwtS Louis Van Amstel and Jonathan Roberts To Appear At Star-Studded Benefit

Louis Van Amstel and Jonathan Roberts will make guest appearances at the first MAMMOJAM 2010, a dance club benefit for Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation, at the Rise Club, 6801 W. Hollywood Blvd., in the Hollywood and Highland Complex, on Thursday, April 1st.

Van Amstel will take center stage, demonstrating his Louis’ Dance Blast moves for the crowd to follow, including dance pros, and students from his Sherman Oaks and Beverly Hills dance classes – and Roberts will dance and share the dance floor with the Renowned Surgeon Dr. Susan Love.

KarenM

KarenM

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2010 @ 8:13 AM

From Tabloids:

Cat fights Begin. 1 / 2

Star Magazine: Dancing or Dating?

InTouch Magazine: Extreme Makeover – Kate, Shannen, Pam. 1 / 2

Life & Style Magazine: Kate’s Late Nights with a Married Man. 1 / 2

sunalsosets

sunalsosets

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2010 @ 9:48 AM

For crying out loud Star...so everyone is interested in each other on the show? Why don't they just pick one pairing and weave their showmance rumors around that but seriously, four parings all wanting each other is just ridiculous.

Edited by sunalsosets, Mar 28, 2010 @ 1:51 PM.

lindslvsmaks

lindslvsmaks

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2010 @ 1:07 PM

Haha nice one by Star Mag. The only one I could see is Erin&Maks since they are both single ;) Shannen & Nicole have boyfriends even though Mark&Derek are single. Oh vey that article makes me laugh at how fake it is.

lovemaks

lovemaks

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2010 @ 6:12 AM

Erin and Maks on ET tonight. Here is a video preview and something about Maks and no pants. You will see what I mean.

ET tonight video preview

Wolfie65

Wolfie65

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2010 @ 10:29 AM

Since when do you have to be single to be 'interested' in someone else? Just sayin'.....
Besides, didn't Maks get married to Karina Smirnoff?
The 'dating rumors' around Derek are getting old. They always try to hook him up with whoever he happens to be dancing with. Give him Betty White next season - and have him 'date' her, too.

sunalsosets

sunalsosets

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2010 @ 11:30 AM

Besides, didn't Maks get married to Karina Smirnoff?

Maks and Karina ended their engagement and broke up.

kattam6175

kattam6175

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2010 @ 12:18 AM

Did anyone else see Access Hollywood tonight? They interviewed Kate and Tony after their performance last night and Tony got so pissed he walked away. http://www.accesshollywood.com/ It's about 1/3 of the way down the page on the right-hand side. I don't know how they're going to survive another week together.

WriterLiz1988

WriterLiz1988

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2010 @ 12:37 AM

As much as I don't like Kate/Tony, I think Tony walked out because he was upset at the interviewer's question... but he is very serious! It's obvious he's not having a fun time. He was so joyful around Melissa.. I miss them together!

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2010 @ 5:52 PM

Jimmy Kimmel mentioned that Shannon is the first star to decline the invite to be on his show after getting the boot !

WriterLiz1988

WriterLiz1988

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2010 @ 6:45 PM

Wow, how come she declined??

jeopardyfish3

jeopardyfish3

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 31, 2010 @ 7:34 PM

Jimmy Kimmel mentioned that Shannon is the first star to decline the invite to be on his show after getting the boot !

Hmmmm, that's interesting. I seem to recall that Macy Gray declined last season, saying she was too distraught or some other excuse. Regardless, that's very strange...

pinetree22

pinetree22

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2010 @ 10:30 PM

According to this article:

the former Beverly Hills, 90210 star was reportedly too upset to make an appearance.

and

Macy Gray was so upset she couldn't come out of the bathroom, but at least she showed up and went to our bathroom.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 1, 2010 @ 6:45 AM

Article > (E!Online) Was DwtS Rigged?

"I can assure you absolutely there's no rigging of these votes," Green said, citing the rules, regulations, more rules and three independent accounting firms. "I couldn't do anything about them if I wanted to."

While every vote always counts, every vote is especially important in the early, contender-packed shows. "The margins can be really small—it can just be a few hundred votes," Green said.

[Green] said Gosselin's the closest the show has ever had to a real, live member of the general public in the cast, and that he can see lots of women empathizing with her story and voting accordingly.

Entertainment Weekly's take on the results: "There's No Voting Against People," which pointed out that people who dislike, say, Gosselin can't dial 800-I-HATE-KATE—they must vote for one or more of her competitors, thereby diffusing their laser-intense loathing. Green agreed with the article's basic premise, if not with the Web's prevailing anti-Gosselin sentiment.

"I'm astonished with the vitriol," Green said. "She's working so hard."

Lolligagger

Lolligagger

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2010 @ 7:21 AM

Macy Gray was so upset she couldn't come out of the bathroom, but at least she showed up and went to our bathroom.

HAH!

"I'm astonished with the vitriol," Green said. "She's working so hard."

Orly, Conrad? Where have you been for the past couple years?

KarenM

KarenM

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2010 @ 8:43 AM

Deena Katz thinks Kate Gosselin is this year's biggest star. - NY Post

Skycatcher

Skycatcher

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2010 @ 12:55 PM

he former Beverly Hills, 90210 star was reportedly too upset to make an appearance.

She did say her Dad wasn't doing well, and that being voted off would give her more time with him. Perhaps his health has something to do with it. She just may not feel like laughing it up right now?

Jaclynovascotia

Jaclynovascotia

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2010 @ 8:56 PM

Give him Betty White next season - and have him 'date' her, too.

He could do worse...and has! :)

Sugarbaker

Sugarbaker

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2010 @ 9:27 PM

He could do worse...and has! :)

Agreed! Betty would be a major upgrade.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2010 @ 6:16 PM

TVGuide DWTS Power Rankings: Top 10

1. Nicole/Derek
2. Evan/Anna
3. Erin/Maks
4. Niecy/Louis
5. Pam/Damian
6. Chad/Cheryl
7. Jake/Chelsie
8. Kate/Tony
9. Aiden/Edyta
10. Buzz/Ashly

Honestly, I could see this ranking actually happening.

singleton

singleton

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 4, 2010 @ 8:25 PM

TVGuide DWTS Power Rankings: Top 10

I hope those power rankings are wrong! Trying not to get too wrapped up in the voting, but I DO NOT want Nicole/Derek to win this trophy. Any other couple other than them.

sunalsosets

sunalsosets

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2010 @ 8:55 PM

I will be very shocked if Nicole wins. I know Derek has a big fanbase but his fanbase couldn't even take him and Joanna to the Final 3 last season and she was a very good dancer.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2010 @ 9:02 PM

Well, Joanna could've easily made the finals but i think why she got eliminated that particular night was the fact that Mya had amazing scores and a good fanbase and the people under Joanna (Donny and Kelly) had the biggest fanbases of the season.

I think if Kelly or Donny got lower scores than they did or Joanna got highest scores, she could've made the final. I mean, Derek took a relatively unknown model with an attitude to the semi-final without ANY bottom 2 appearances.

sunalsosets

sunalsosets

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2010 @ 9:45 PM

I'll admit I checked out of the season but I didn't find Joanna making the semi-finals that amazing. Yeah she had a bitch reputation coming in but from what I gathered, she was on her best behavior during the season and she and Derek got along great.

And she did have amazing scores from what I remembered which would have meant that she could have and should have still made the Finals if she'd had the fan-base. You're right, Donny and Kelly had the biggest fanbases which goes back to my point, not even Derek's fanbase was big enough to overcome that...never mind that Kelly wasn't the best dancer. It was obvious that people fell in love with Kelly's personality and spirit and her partnership with Louis.

Which is why I can see someone like Erin surpassing Nicole because she doesn't scream ringer like Nicole, she and Maks are adorable together and she hasn't blown out of the gates. She's been getting steady but decent scores for the first two weeks. If she gets better and better as the season continues, I can see her picking up more fans. I actually think this may come down between her and Evan. That's my big prediction for the season.

Okay and full disclosure, I can't stand Derek and don't want his smug, hyper-active self to win again.

Edited by sunalsosets, Apr 4, 2010 @ 9:47 PM.

Palomar

Palomar

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2010 @ 11:27 PM

A little off the subject here, but it IS media related. I'm going to have to miss the show tomorrow night. Does anyone know how long it takes for ABC to put the episodes on their download site to watch? I'd really like to see the show later that night if possible (my DVR is booked up) or at least before the results show.