• Please log in to reply

7836 replies to this topic

msrayrudd

msrayrudd

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 4:29 PM

Dancing Stars Race to Erase MS

Ian says he's not doing Playgirl.

Drew says his allegience is to Cheryl (big surprise there), but if she can't win then is rooting for Joey/Kim. Is there some sort of former boybanders alliance?

BrainyBlonde

BrainyBlonde

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 5:29 PM

Joey Fatone Defends His "Juicy" Butt

It'll be interesting to see what happens if he gets the Rumba tonight since that requires a lot of up-close and personal contact with one's partner.

sgupta4

sgupta4

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 5:58 PM

That photo of the Lachey brothers is also on Manolo the Shoeblogger's site. Only, he's rather uncomplimentary to them.

Micha

Micha

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 6:08 PM

Drew says his allegience is to Cheryl (big surprise there), but if she can't win then is rooting for Joey/Kim. Is there some sort of former boybanders alliance?

I think there is...maybe they have to pay higher union dues to the alliance if they don't pimp each other up at every opportunity. Or possibly, "the force" won't be with them if they let a fellow boybander fall to "the darkside" (ie: the rhythmless masses).

Edited by Micha, Apr 16, 2007 @ 6:12 PM.

pinetree22

pinetree22

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 8:44 PM

Or possibly, "the force" won't be with them if they let a fellow boybander fall to "the darkside"

I think Drew's fellow boybanders should have stopped him from wearing those pants in public.

Is Apolo Ohno Romancing His 'Dancing' Partner?

Doctor Gori

Doctor Gori

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 10:06 AM

They ain't no "wee-caps," but here are some other recaps of last night's show:

Entertainment Weekly

MSNBC (no longer by Miss Alli, or at least not this week)

My Ox Is Broken (With some videos: Ian, Heather, Joey, Apolo)

TV Squad

TV Guide Blogs

BuddyTV

Edited by Doctor Gori, Apr 17, 2007 @ 4:03 PM.

msrayrudd

msrayrudd

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 11:13 AM

Clyde pretty much says he's done.

Behind the Scenes

Let the guy go if he doesn't want to be there. I almost hope if he's not the one eliminated tonight he just bows out. If he wants to play golf, let him.

whyistherumgone

whyistherumgone

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 11:16 AM

People - Monday's Dancing with the Stars: What You Didn't See

pinetree22

pinetree22

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 11:22 AM

Rinna to Offer Glimpse of Her "Roxie"

Lance Bass Reveals The True Story Of 'Dancing' Man Joey Fatone

Who says the boy's not a ringer?

In fact, Lance says that Joey's dancing is what got him noticed for *NSYNC in the first place. "He was actually noticed by Justin [Timberlake] and Chris [Kirkpatrick] on the dance floor at a club, and they were like, 'you need to be in our group.'"

ETA....from the What You Didn't See article linked above:

Miley Cyrus about her Dad: "He's looking buff," she told PEOPLE. "He came out to dance tonight and I was like 'Snaaap. Look at those arms.' And he's got a six pack now. We go swimming every day in our hot tub and he's got little abs.

How freakin' big is Billy Ray's hot tub that they can SWIM in it!!??

Edited by pinetree22, Apr 17, 2007 @ 11:26 AM.

PoiPounder

PoiPounder

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 3:11 PM

If ABC can make this happen I will be one happy camper

Dancing with the Hairspray Stars?

catgyrl

catgyrl

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 3:15 PM

If ABC can make this happen I will be one happy camper

Dancing with the Hairspray Stars?

I'd be right there with ya! Ever since Benji and Donyelle danced to "You Can't Stop the Beat" on SYTYCD, I've dreamed of seeing a routine on DWTS to the same song! I know the same song from the play is in the movie because I saw a clip of Latifah singing it.

msrayrudd

msrayrudd

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2007 @ 10:36 AM

What You Didn't See

Happiest Elimination in DWTS History

rach el2

rach el2

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 18, 2007 @ 1:37 PM

TV Guide Channel Snags Dancing Stunner

Lisa Rinna is replacing Joan and Melissa as the red-carpet host/fashion expert.

Edited by rach el2, Apr 18, 2007 @ 1:38 PM.

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2007 @ 2:32 PM

TV Guide backstage report:

Macy Gray won't consider any future openings, either. The guest singer says she "can't dance a lick." But she's rooting for Laila Ali and Joey Fatone oh, and the one she can't keep her eyes off, either: Apolo Anton Ohno. "He's a skater, but he can dance, too," says Gray. Then she shocks you with her observations. "He has a huge bulge," she says, straight-faced. "Have you seen it in his tight pants? Is that a sock?"

She's not the only one that noticed....

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2007 @ 2:53 PM

double post

Edited by mtlchickie, Apr 18, 2007 @ 2:52 PM.

snowfall

snowfall

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2007 @ 4:58 PM

On Inside Edition today they said that Billy Ray used to live in Blacksburg, VA. That certainly explains why he looked so out of it on Monday night. Kudos for him to go ahead and dance that night. I don't know if I would have been able to do it.

va32h

va32h

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2007 @ 6:45 PM

I saw a blurb with Billy Ray on Extra - he was upset by the Va Tech shootings, and that's why he wore the black armband. But I don't think he is unhappy to still be on the show. He seemed in good-enough spirits afterward, and showed the Extra correspondent a picture of him and Sanjaya from AI that he had taken with his phone - apparently they met in an elevator at the studio.

snowfall

snowfall

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2007 @ 7:42 PM

I'm not saying he's unhappy being on the show. Monday night though he looked like he was somewhere else. During the closing credits he had a blank stare on his face and even began walking off before the show was over a few seconds later. That's what I mean by I was surprised he was able to dance at all so soon after the tragedy. So again, kudos for doing that cause I doubt I would have been able to.

peaches222

peaches222

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 19, 2007 @ 1:59 PM

Clyde really wanted out.

http://video.aol.com...rch/id/13344240

pinetree22

pinetree22

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2007 @ 5:48 PM

Did Clyde really say, "I'd almost pay to get off this show" in that interview? And then, "If you guys love me, get me out. Free Clyde!" I'm so disappointed in him. Its too much of a time commitment for him? I guess he didn't approach this competition like he approached his basketball competitions. I guess I wasn't surprised when Emmitt Smith threw himself into the competition full force, because that's how he approached his football career, and I didn't see an athlete approaching the show any other way....but I guess I can't put Clyde in the same class with Emmitt, Jerry, Apolo, and Laila.

JenTG

JenTG

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 19, 2007 @ 8:35 PM

Clyde has the right to feel tired and like DWTS is too much for him. Good for him for telling his fans the truth that he has enough, instead of taking up someone else's space. Also, if anyone's actually followed their careers, Clyde has carried himself with MUCH more class than Jerry Rice (who wasn't the nicest guy during his NFL career) and as much, if not more considering his charity work, as Emmitt, Apolo, and Laila. One's performance on a reality show has nothing to do with one's class. He is a great champion and DWTS will never take that away from him.

Edited by JenTG, Apr 19, 2007 @ 8:36 PM.

maybetomorrow

maybetomorrow

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 19, 2007 @ 11:59 PM

Now this is the funniest news story I've read in awhile:

You're stuck in coach on a ten hour transatlantic flight with a broken entertainment system. What do you get to alleviate your misery?

After some 'commotion and flapping' the curtains from the upper class section ripped open to reveal Mills-McCartney in white trousers and a bright pink boob tube.

Fashion writer Henry Conway who was onboard said: "Heather suddenly appeared with her dance partner and rushed down premium economy doing a dance.'

'We were at the end of our tether after flying through the night with nothing to keep us occupied. We'd all lost our sense of humour.'

'We were stunned and moved our legs out of the way, just in case they got caught up in the frenzy.'

They also apparently had it filmed for DWTS. Because there's nothing irate passengers love more than a couple of people from first-class flouncing back to perform a bizarre stunt.

NaturalTop

NaturalTop

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2007 @ 2:15 AM

I thought Clyde's phone interview was hysterical. I love the fact that the three athletes on the show weren't giving him a hard time and making "girly-man" innuendoes. They were actually telling people to keep him on! We've come a long way, Baby Ballroomers!

Jerry Rice not a nice guy? He was and is known as quite the upstanding gentleman. I've never heard a bad word about him from any quarter.

the boxer

the boxer

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2007 @ 4:40 PM

John and Edyta were just on Ellen.Not a whole lot to see.They didn't come on until the last three minutes and the show ended while they were still dancing.Guess Ellen doesn't watch the show.She mispronounced Edyta's name ( E-ditta ) at least four times,three of them after John had pronounced it correctly.Edyta looked spectacular,as usual,

justmy2cents

justmy2cents

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2007 @ 8:21 AM

They were actually telling people to keep him on! We've come a long way, Baby Ballroomers!

That's the truth.

John and Edyta were just on Ellen.Not a whole lot to see.

I saw this, too. John was genuinely smiling through his samba demo. Again. He looks like he truly enjoys dancing. Seeing him transform like that melted my hard, hard heart (toward Edyta) quite a lot. I'm going to start paying attention to John. I might be reading too much into it (watching these tivo selected shows at 3 in the morning) but he looked completely unphased by the challenge of having to learn two dances this week. I think he's taking it seriously and not counting himself out at all. Good for him.

I didn't know about the Billy Ray-Blacksburg, VA connection. I always admire someone who is able to go on with the show. Points for Billy Ray.

Clyde has the right to feel tired and like DWTS is too much for him. Good for him for telling his fans the truth that he has enough, instead of taking up someone else's space.

That's the way I see it, too. If you don't want to be there, don't take a space. This is one of the reasons I got so mad at Emmitt last season. He looked like he didn't want to be there. At the time, I had no idea he'd turn it around and rally the way he did (and good for Emmitt) but not everyone can do that.

Because there's nothing irate passengers love more than a couple of people from first-class flouncing back to perform a bizarre stunt.

Nothing.

pinetree22

pinetree22

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2007 @ 8:41 PM

Apolo Ohno in April 30 issue of People Magazine
That link brings you to Ohno's website, where the article has been scanned and posted. If you click on the thumbnail you can read the article, and more importantly, drool over the larger photo of Apolo.

Edward83

Edward83

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2007 @ 6:08 AM

Paulina (first boot, supermodel, Her Alibi star, author, married to Ric Ocasek) will be on 'Martha' today.

peaches222

peaches222

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2007 @ 3:31 PM

Fatone " Dancing is killing me "

Edited by peaches222, Apr 23, 2007 @ 3:32 PM.

pinetree22

pinetree22

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2007 @ 4:52 PM

Ali shows fancy footwork on `Dancing'

Quote from the article:

She's also able to stand up to the partner-teacher, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, with whom she's paired. He's brought past partners on the show to tears, Ali said.

Meanie, meanie, Max! :)

sgupta4

sgupta4

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2007 @ 5:05 PM

The Reliable Source column of The Washington Post in yesterday's paper covered the WHCA dinner and there was a huge smiling Apolo and Julianne in the paper edition.