Alicia Coppola as Mimi Clark: She's Keeping The Chocolate

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

16 replies to this topic

binturite

binturite

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2007 @ 6:24 PM

I noticed that my favorite female character on Jericho didn't have a thread.

After her great scenes in last night's episode, I decided to rectify that. I've admired Alicia Copola as an actress ever since her wonderful portrayal of Lorna on the soap, Another World. IMO, she's always been a scene-stealer. But, this talented lady also seems to be one of those people who can generate onscreen chemistry with just about any other actor/actress/chicken.

I can't wait for Stanley to come back since I flove Stimi. I also want to see a lot more interaction between Stimi and Jake. I think the three of them are adorkably cute together.

Aunty Mib

Aunty Mib

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2007 @ 9:58 PM

Mimi is a great 'outside perspective' character. She's a Big City girl who learns to respect some things in the country-thankfully not everything.

tvgoddess

tvgoddess

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2007 @ 10:05 PM

I wanted to start a Mimi thread weeks ago, but I couldn't come up with a good name. Now, the chicken possibilities are endless. :)

But total word to everything you said, binturite. She's not only my favorite female, she's my favorite period. Maybe I'm biased because of Alicia (Lorna fan as well), but Mimi just can do no wrong in my eyes. She made me laugh AND cry last night. Her little "Oh, my!" when Sean revealed himself in his boxers was too cute. Love her freckles, love her hair back in that headband, love her admission of never wanting to be a mom to a chicken. Why can't we have more of her and less of Emily? Writers?

Can never get enough of Stimi, so I am very much looking forward to Stanley's return. Oh, and along the lines of Stanley/Mimi/Jake, I convinced a fic writer to write me some very hot threesome scenes termed "Erotic Jericho". I'm quite the happy camper.

binturite

binturite

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2007 @ 11:13 PM

I wanted to start a Mimi thread weeks ago, but I couldn't come up with a good name. Now, the chicken possibilities are endless. :)

I actually thought about trying to use a funny/upbeat chicken-related title for this thread. But I couldn't come up with one. I guess I was still feeling a bit sad about the poor biddy's demise.

However, I remembered one of my favorite Mimi scenes from an earlier episode. Of course, I'm talking about the one where the giddy gal tells her Stanley about the huge container of food that was dropped into his cornfield.

I just loved the way it played out. From Mimi's delight as she led him to the big surprise, to her "reluctance" to share with the rest of the town, to her finally "giving in" and agreeing to do the right thing - with one yummy exception.

Ok, it's actually more of a favorite Stimi scene. But, there was something so totally Mimi in the way that she put her foot down about the fate of the chocolate.

So, I went with it.

maczero

maczero

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 19, 2007 @ 12:31 PM

Is the actress playing Mimi a latina?

ShadowyMoon

ShadowyMoon

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2007 @ 4:26 PM

I believe Alicia Coppola (no relation to Francis Ford and the rest of that Coppola family) is Italian-American.

kricka

kricka

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2007 @ 6:09 PM

Unlike some, I liked Mimi right from the start. But, since her and Stanley have bonded, and she actually looks like she isn't wearing make-up and styling her hair, I adore Mimi. She works well with everyone, her and Bonnie have a really interesting relationship, and her and Stanley are so damn cute together! I give gobs of credit to AC for making her such a rich and interesting character (the writers get some credit as well, for writing her so well, unlike some other women on this show *cough*Emily*cough* *cough*Mary*cough*).

suntzu

suntzu

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2007 @ 12:46 PM

I've got to admit, she is the cutest IRS gal I've ever seen. AC plays her very well, and she makes the show actually watchable.

Shakescene

Shakescene

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 26, 2007 @ 4:56 PM

I have to add more Mimi-love. I think her "gimmick" is very effective: namely, bringing the book-smart, government-employee, big city girl to small-town Middle America...and then have her trapped there when all hell breaks loose. I have liked her from Day 1. She was fun when she was being snotty at the beginning, because it wasn't hard to see that she wasn't going to be the resident bitch forever...they did a great job (and continue to do so) softening her and making her a believable person. The chicken scenes were terrific. And she's good for Stanley and Bonnie. Now that I think about it, I think Mimi has shown more emotion than any other character on the show.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Apr 27, 2007 @ 12:15 AM

I have to add more Mimi-love. I think her "gimmick" is very effective: namely, bringing the book-smart, government-employee, big city girl to small-town Middle America...and then have her trapped there when all hell breaks loose. I have liked her from Day 1. She was fun when she was being snotty at the beginning, because it wasn't hard to see that she wasn't going to be the resident bitch forever...they did a great job (and continue to do so) softening her and making her a believable person. The chicken scenes were terrific. And she's good for Stanley and Bonnie. Now that I think about it, I think Mimi has shown more emotion than any other character on the show.

WORD. Alicia Coppola and Lennie James are the two cast members who, more than anyone else, had better be remembered at Emmy time this year, or else I just may have to go to Hollywood and smack a few people upside the head.

suntzu

suntzu

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2007 @ 8:58 AM

No Mimi this episode! *Everybody drink!*

Shakescene

Shakescene

Video Archivist

Posted May 16, 2007 @ 6:39 PM

Farewell, sweet Mimi. I'll be keeping my eye out for AC in future cast listings. Somebody give this woman a job, pronto!

radarlove

radarlove

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 16, 2007 @ 7:00 PM

Alicia has been cast in the National Treasure movie sequel with Nicolas Cage.

herbgirl

herbgirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 4, 2008 @ 8:37 PM

I have also been a fan of Alicia's since her days on Another World, and just when I thought I couldn't admire her more, she goes and posts another "Thank you" note over on the CBS boards tonight.

stekkin

stekkin

Fanatic

• Interests:Anime, manga, etc.

Posted Feb 19, 2008 @ 9:05 PM

Yay, Mimi! The IRS agent comes through again. Stanley may be a great farmer, but he's not so hot on the financial front. Lucky for him, he now has a very hot, very smart wife to cover for him in that area. BTW, where's Bonnie?

suntzu

suntzu

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2008 @ 5:26 PM

I loved Mimi in last night's episode; even from her sickbed, the lady delivers. One phone call gets the J&R gal hacking into the system and e-mailing the info to the head honchos. I wonder how they'll get along when Mimi recovers?

kricka

kricka

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2008 @ 10:21 PM

Just wanted to give some Mimi love before TWoP PHs us!

How great was she? I love a character that can make such a turn-around. We hated her at the beginnning, and by the end, she was AWESOME! She made one of the greatest charater turn arouns of all time!

STIMI 4 EVER