The Cast in Other Roles: Beyond Baltimore

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

434 replies to this topic

Prettyeyes

Prettyeyes

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 10:24 AM

Since The Wire is full of great actors, it's no suprise that they get other parts in other projects, like, say Dominic West in 300, Sonja Sohn in Shaft or Idris Elba in The Reaping.

If you want to talk about anyThe Wire actors, lead, supporting or guest star, other roles, do it here.

Dispatcherbert

Dispatcherbert

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2007 @ 4:12 AM

Frankie Faison (Chief Burrell) was outstanding in Gods and Generals. I kept looking at him in The Wire wondering where I'd seen him before.

And, of course, when I saw Wood Harris (Avon Barksdale) playing the title character, I had a difficult time reconciling him to his good-boy character in Remember the Titans.

Of course it goes without saying that David Simon loves to reuse actors. So many people from The Wire had previously appeared in Homicide: Life on the Street as well as Oz: Lance Reddic (Maj. Daniels), Jim True-Frost (Prez), Seth Gilliam (Carver), J. D. Williams (Bodie), and probably many, many more.

praeceptrix

praeceptrix

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2007 @ 11:30 AM

I had the pleasure of seeing Frankie Faison (Burrell) & Chad Coleman (Cutty) on stage a few months back. They were in a revival of August Wilson's Two Trains Running. Both were excellent & heartbreaking. Faison's character was more than a little irritating at first, but then he slowly let you see the pain underneath. Coleman was not only delightful, but sexy as hell.

Hyajil

Hyajil

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 8, 2007 @ 2:04 PM

Jim True-Frost had a guest spot on Medium this season. Played a former neighbor of Allison's.

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

Fanatic

• Interests:http://myspace.com/roxievelma<br />http://lifetimemovieaddikt.blogspot.com

Posted Apr 8, 2007 @ 6:17 PM

I always remember when I caught an episode of L&O: CI and Prez was on there He turned out to be the killer, it was really weird.

I've also noticed that it seems like almost everyone from show this season has played on this season's Numb3rs. Deirdre Lovejoy (Pearlman), Larry Gilliard, Jr (D'Angelo) [they were actually in the same episode, but never seen a scene together], Lance Reddick (Daniels), Wendell Pierce (Bunk), Grenga Akinngbe (Chris Partlow) and the one the only Wood Harris (Avon) is slated to be on April 27th.

So many people from The Wire had previously appeared in Homicide: Life on the Street

Ha ha, this makes me remember the scene in Season 7 where Amy Ryan (Beadie) is being interviewed by Callie Thorne (Elena) while sitting on some stairs. All I could picture when I re-watched it was McNulty, standing at the top of the stairs saying his famous line.

und1sk0

und1sk0

Channel Surfer

• Interests:TV

Posted Apr 8, 2007 @ 10:33 PM

WGN has been replaying "Homicide: LOTS", and I spotted D'Angelo Barksdale (Larry Gilliard Jr) in this episode.

Edited by und1sk0, Apr 8, 2007 @ 10:35 PM.

over60

over60

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2007 @ 10:47 PM

It's become a family tradition to check out actors for their L&O creds. The Wire's cast is ripped from Dick Wolf's stable: Lance Reddick, Wendell Pierce, Deirdre Lovejoy, and Isiah Whitlock,Jr. are a few. Of course, that means that they are awesome actors.

pomme de terre

pomme de terre

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2007 @ 8:22 AM

I saw Clayton LeBoeuf (aka Orlando) in a production of Romeo & Juliet. He played the Prince, so it always makes me laugh to see him play such a sleazebag on other shows.

Also, I loved Omar when he had a two-episode arc on Alias. Good stuff.

Edited by pomme de terre, Apr 10, 2007 @ 3:51 PM.

Gob

Gob

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2007 @ 2:40 PM

Had to add to this to point out one of my favorite random things about this show: (I'll get there)-
someone mentioned any number of cast members were on Oz - they include
- Lombardozzi (played a contractor who got killed by the bikers and O'Reilly cuz of his cell in s4)
- Reg E. Cathey (mercifully replaced McManus for half a season)
- Frankie Faison (played Jeff Keane's dad)
- JD Williams (a major role, as Kenny Wangler)
- John Doman (the "Colonel")

the best part, though, is not only that both Lance Reddick (undercover cop gone bad Johnny Basil) and Seth Gilliam (prison guard gone psycho Clayton Hughes) regulars on the show for a while, but Gilliam's character actually killed Reddick's. And yet he's still ranked far below him.

Edited by Gob, Apr 16, 2007 @ 11:55 AM.

Prettyeyes

Prettyeyes

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2007 @ 2:43 PM

Peter Gerety, aka "Judge Phelan" and James Ransone, aka "Ziggy," are in Inside Man, which is the best non-documentary Spike Lee movie I've seen in years and Louisiana native Wendell Pierce is in When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts, the best Spike Lee documentary I've seen in years.

ladevotchka

ladevotchka

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2007 @ 3:28 PM

Louisiana native Wendell Pierce is in When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts, the best Spike Lee documentary I've seen in years.

Wendell Pierce's scenes really made me weep. I had a hard time keeping a dry eye throughout the entire documentary anyway - I had to break up the viewing into sequences because it was so upsetting. There is a rumor that Simon's next project will be set in NOLA.

Gob

Gob

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 13, 2007 @ 8:39 AM

I forgot to mention the most jarring Wire cameo of them all - Isiah Whitlock Jr.'s Verizon ad that ran earlier this year, where he's berating his children for not getting him a better Christmas gift. If they had managed to let him throw in a "Sheeeeeeyit," or even an, "Aw, heeeeeeeeeeell naw,", I would have immediately signed a lifetime contract with Verizon.

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

Fanatic

• Interests:http://myspace.com/roxievelma<br />http://lifetimemovieaddikt.blogspot.com

Posted Apr 13, 2007 @ 9:58 PM

the best part, though, is not only that both Lance Reddick (undercover cop gone bad Johnny Basil) and Seth Gilliam (prison guard gone psycho Clayton Hughes) regulars on the show for a while, but Gilliam's character actually killed Reddick's.

Because of that scene, anytime Reddick has a scene with Gilliam I totally want him to say something about how it's wrong to stab people.

ethanvahlere

ethanvahlere

Stalker

• Interests:Movies, books, music, apple juice (which I drink the way the Gilmores drink coffee), Veronica Mars, The Wire, Big Love, Pushing Daisies.

Posted Apr 14, 2007 @ 8:20 AM

Copland is on TNT right now, and I saw John Doman, aka Rawls, in a brief role as a bad cop.

sesi

sesi

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 14, 2007 @ 9:05 PM

I just saw ‘Half Nelson,’ which was excellent. Tristan Wilds (Michael) and Nathan Corbett (cute, little, car stealing, Donut) were both students in Ryan Gosling’s class.

Arabesque

Arabesque

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2007 @ 10:49 AM

Michael Hyatt (Brianna Barksdale) is a cast member of Fox's Drive, which premieres tonight. She plays Susan Chamblee.

Hurricane Katrina survivors IVY CHITTY (Taryn Manning, “Hustle & Flow”), LEIGH BARNTHOUSE (Rochelle Aytes) and SUSAN CHAMBLEE (Michael Hyatt) are determined to start their lives over and help rebuild their fallen city with The Race’s winnings.

Edited by Arabesque, Apr 15, 2007 @ 10:47 AM.

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2007 @ 4:07 PM

I saw "Freedomland" last night. It's nice to know Domenick Lombardozzi (Herc) and Clarke Peters (Freamon) can fight in other cities too about how the police system should work.

Edited by RoxieVelma, Apr 15, 2007 @ 4:10 PM.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2007 @ 4:18 PM

Watching Face Off on USA and low and behold Bunny Colvin appears as a police officer.

ethanvahlere

ethanvahlere

Stalker

• Interests:Movies, books, music, apple juice (which I drink the way the Gilmores drink coffee), Veronica Mars, The Wire, Big Love, Pushing Daisies.

Posted Apr 15, 2007 @ 11:57 PM

Michael Hyatt (Brianna Barksdale) is a cast member of Fox's Drive, which premieres tonight.

She's not the only one. The guy who played Spiros is in the second ep, playing a truck driver.

ladevotchka

ladevotchka

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 12:27 AM

I was rewatching season 6 of ER (remember when that show used to be semi-watchable?) and saw John Doman/Rawls as the psych consult brought in to see the patient who ended up stabbing Carter and Lucy.

plunker

plunker

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 7:49 AM

Watching the film Goodfellas, I saw Sen. Clay Davis as a hospital doctor. He is at the end when Henry picks up Michael. Clay wants to admit Henry because he looks so bad.

over60

over60

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 12:50 PM

Herc as Dom from the old 'hood on Entourage, season 3, eps Dominated and Guys and Doll. And all he had to do was be Herc!

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 11:46 PM

I remember when Chris Bauer (Frank Sobotka) was on the first episode of "The Black Donnelys", I kept saying that poor guy can't even get a break.

Watching the film Goodfellas, I saw Sen. Clay Davis as a hospital doctor. He is at the end when Henry picks up Michael. Clay wants to admit Henry because he looks so bad.

Sheeeit, I've seen Goodfellas about 35 times, and never put the two together. I so have to rewatch it just for that now.

Weirdly, Deirdre Lovejoy was listed as being on Two and a Half Men tonight on about 10 websites (including her own), but when it aired it was Tammy Lauren (Homefront). Too bad because that role was pretty funny.

smurfty

smurfty

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 20, 2007 @ 4:30 PM

While watching this episode of Law & Order last night and was surprised to see both Wendell Pierce (Bunk) and Isiah Whitlock (Sen. Clay Davis) in the episode.
I half expected Bunk to turn to McCoy at the end and say "Happy now, bitch?" :P

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2007 @ 7:42 PM

I remember seeing that L&O ep when it originally aired on NBC, but I haven't seen it since. This episode with Wendell Pierce from 1992 has him doing this weird African accent, that makes me laugh when I think of it everytime.

Orion7

Orion7

Stalker

• Interests:Being TWoP Howard

Posted Apr 20, 2007 @ 10:03 PM

I watched the Numb3rs rerun tonight, and Deirdre Lovejoy played an alcoholic school superintendent who was on the take, and took kickbacks from a manufacturing company to allow them to bury toxic waste on school grounds. Then the previews showed what looked to be Wood Harris in an upcoming episode.

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2007 @ 10:30 PM

That Numb3rs episode always makes me laugh because earlier in it one D'Angelo Barksdale appears and has about 3 lines. Plus I like to ponder how drunk McNulty would compete with drunk Rhonda.

Oh and it is Wood Harris, at least that's what it says on thefutoncritic has listed.

Apparently, Robert Wisdom (Bunny Colvin) will be on the season (possibly series finale) of Close to Home on May 11th.

Edited by RoxieVelma, Apr 20, 2007 @ 10:41 PM.

Orion7

Orion7

Stalker

• Interests:Being TWoP Howard

Posted Apr 20, 2007 @ 11:41 PM

That Numb3rs episode always makes me laugh because earlier in it one D'Angelo Barksdale appears and has about 3 lines. Plus I like to ponder how drunk McNulty would compete with drunk Rhonda.

I forgot to post about Larry Gilliard, Jr. also being in the episode. I saw his name in the credits, but it took a minute for me to recognize him when he appeared. Just that difference in seeing him as mild-mannered dad vs. mild-mannered drug slinger.

Plus I like to ponder how drunk McNulty would compete with drunk Rhonda.

That's a dangerous combination no matter how you look at it. Hee.

lunatic96

lunatic96

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 21, 2007 @ 3:43 AM

I was watching Jericho a couple of weeks ago and I saw James Ransone playing some loser informant. It was kind of funny because when I first saw him I felt I should hate him for some reason but I couldn't quite figure out why. Then a few minutes pass and I realize that he played Ziggy during Season 2.

Arcey

Arcey

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2007 @ 12:35 AM

While watching this episode of Law & Order last night and was surprised to see both Wendell Pierce (Bunk) and Isiah Whitlock (Sen. Clay Davis) in the episode.
I half expected Bunk to turn to McCoy at the end and say "Happy now, bitch?" :P

Just checked out the link above and see that Wee Bay (Hassan Johnson) was also in that ep of L&O.

By the way, I never watched "When the Levees Broke" but did tape it, and now am not sure I feel like watching. Is Wendell Pierce in a particular part of the documentary, or does he show up throughout the 4.5 hours? If he's sort of concentrated, can anyone tell me approximately where to look for him on my tape? Thanks.