The Meet Market: Drinks at the Tracks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1068 replies to this topic

Glark

Glark

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 2:04 AM

Talky!

Arcey

Arcey

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 3:08 AM

Glark, which new thread will be most like the old thread? I'm not sure how this works now. Thanks.

Glark

Glark

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 3:11 AM

None of them -- look around other shows to get a feel for how it works. Don't worry, people will fill this area up with various threads for the characters, episodes, etc soon enough.

Orion7

Orion7

Stalker

• Interests:Being TWoP Howard

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 3:12 AM

I was getting sleepy, and now I'm all excited over the new forums, so no sleep yet.

In the immortal words of Clay Davis: Sheeeeeeit.

Glark

Glark

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 3:14 AM

Ha ha. Please make that a thread.

Orion7

Orion7

Stalker

• Interests:Being TWoP Howard

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 3:29 AM

Done! Thanks for the new playground.

Glark

Glark

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 3:30 AM

Ain't no thing.

Redshift

Redshift

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 4:10 AM

Huzzah! Bring on the Bunk love and the Ziggy pity and everything in between.

watcha

watcha

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 4:20 AM

Man, look at all the glorious subforums! I might have to make Glark walk like a bowlegged mofo the way Bunk did to Lester.

Season Pass

Season Pass

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 6:57 AM

It's all very shiny and pretty -- just like that new condo development at the site of the old grain pier.

ethanvahlere

ethanvahlere

Stalker

• Interests:Movies, books, music, apple juice (which I drink the way the Gilmores drink coffee), Veronica Mars, The Wire, Big Love, Pushing Daisies.

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 8:44 AM

Hurray! Thanks for the forums, Glark!

I posted a couple of times in the old thread; I'm a relatively latecomer to the show. The irony is I had HBO when it was on, and I didn't watch it because I was tired of cop shows. Now I'm addicted, and I no longer have HBO! I may get it once the final season comes on, although I still have to watch Season Four. And I'm a David Simon fan from long back; I own the book Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets, watched the resulting show religiously (even during its decline), and read The Corner and watched the excellent miniseries. I currently reside in the Veronica Mars thread for as long as that show lasts, though someone remembered me from the Sopranos thread as well, and I used to hang out in a big way in the TWW thread. I'm a video store clerk/amateur film critic living in Brooklyn, though I may have to move soon. And once again, happy to be here.

LisaJunior

LisaJunior

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 9:13 AM

If it is wrong that new Wire forms and a Wing recap has made my whole day then I don't want to be right!

catrina

catrina

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 9:35 AM

Hmmm...The Wire forums present me with a dilemma. I'm six episodes into watching season 3, but I really don't want to be spoiled as to what is going to happen in the future. So do I participate in the forums or not? I finally had to start watching the show after three people (plus all the media in the world) said it was HBO's best show. But it's slow going to catching up.

snaxx

snaxx

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 9:44 AM

The creation of forums for The Wire makes me happier than Opening Day baseball, a big bowl of Pho from Argyle St in Chicago, and a day off from work combined. Awesome!

SiriuslyLupin

SiriuslyLupin

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 10:32 AM

Oh. Em. Gee.

I never really followed the old thread because the diversity of topics packed into just one single thread made my head spin sometimes yada yada yada, but these shiny new forums make me so incredibly happy. Thanks so much Glark!

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

Fanatic

• Interests:http://myspace.com/roxievelma<br />http://lifetimemovieaddikt.blogspot.com

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 11:04 AM

Yay, we finally got our own forum!

*takes a shot of Jameson

MisterZ

MisterZ

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 11:13 AM

True dat.

ladevotchka

ladevotchka

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 11:28 AM

Woo hoo! Since I've officially abandoned my now ex-favorite show (VM), it's nice to have a new home.

TartnotSweet

TartnotSweet

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 11:27 AM

As of Monday, I just finished watching all four seasons in less than six weeks (and my attention never flagged). This is fabulous timing!

Smallcondo

Smallcondo

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 12:57 PM

O.M.F.G!! I thought I was dreaming when I saw a forum for "The Wire".

This is so freaking awesome! Now I need to watch season 4, since I missed it the first time around.

Confidencecohen

Confidencecohen

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 1:22 PM

I'm a latecomer, introduced to The Wire when I reached University last September by one of my new friends there (I'm eternally grateful), by episode 3 I was falling in love, by Christmas I'd finished every season and shortly after had my very own poster of one of the season 3 promo shot. I really wondered why TWoP didn't cover a show as rich as this so seeing the recap on the main page today made me smile.

Woo hoo! Since I've officially abandoned my now ex-favorite show (VM), it's nice to have a new home.

I'm hanging on to one last shred of hope for VM but I'm nearly right there with you.

dittus

dittus

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 1:23 PM

You guys are awesome. I have been waiting for TWoP to pick up The Wire forever, thanks for doing it!

GoIrish2

GoIrish2

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 1:36 PM

This is the best surprise ever. Thanks, TWOP!

jadefox

jadefox

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 1:48 PM

I just found this today. This is great! And now, I hope that this forum finally persuades my bf (also a huge Wire fan) to check out TWoP.....

barraqudie

barraqudie

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 1:49 PM

Heh, ladevotchka, me too (although I picked up Supernatural along the way). I've only watched until S3 of the Wire so far (stupid slow DVDs), but still love the show. And I'm so far behind that being worried about spoilers seems sort of futile, anyway.

kommie

kommie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 2:14 PM

As Stringer would say, "We don't need to dream no more."

Happy!

ladevotchka

ladevotchka

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 2:40 PM

Heh, ladevotchka, me too (although I picked up Supernatural along the way). I've only watched until S3 of the Wire so far (stupid slow DVDs), but still love the show. And I'm so far behind that being worried about spoilers seems sort of futile, anyway.

Hee! I think I recognize you from g_w (I'm carminaburana there). I discovered The Wire last summer (my bf had been trying to get me to watch it for a while) and have been just bowled over by its awesomeness. It's really blown all the other shows I watch out of the water.

Mabdul Doobakus

Mabdul Doobakus

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 2:50 PM

It's great that my favorite show has gotten its own forum. The Season Four discussion was such a mess--especially with HBO's On Demand shenanigans--that I basically just stayed away. Now I even have more to look forward to when next season rolls around (whenever that may be).

I've watched Season One four times already, but I'm tempted to do it all over again to keep up with the recaps.

easy e

easy e

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 2:59 PM

Allow me to join the celebration. I am so happy TWOP will be recapping The Wire. Especially since I've begun to rewatch all the past seasons. I'll be able to read a recap after an episode as if it was airing.

barraqudie

barraqudie

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2007 @ 3:52 PM

I think I recognize you from g_w (I'm carminaburana there).

Hee, yup! *waves* I'm, um, barraqudie there. I'm not much for originality, apparently.

But, yeah, the tight writing, acting, dialogue are just so there with this show. One of the reasons VM:FBI is so ridiculous is that the Wire has so completely staked out the police/procedural territory that other shows in the same genre necessary will suffer by comparison.