Has anyone from ANTM ever had a professional career that lasted beyond the prize?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

229 replies to this topic

goblyn

goblyn

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2007 @ 1:11 PM

What has Yaya been in since that Banderas movie?

And I'm pretty sure she's done a bunch of stuff for Kohls and Old Navy. In fact the old navy closest to me had a huge picture of Yaya from one of their ads plastered in one of the windows. I'd say appearing in the Smithfield, RI Old Navy qualifies as being more successful than, say, Joanie's wig photo.

jazmyne

jazmyne

Stalker

Posted Apr 30, 2007 @ 1:19 PM

I think there's a lot of modeling "work" that isn't high profile.
- runway work, for big and little designers
- catalog photos
- trophy girls at awards shows
- ads for the billions of products available in our consumer society
- commercials, not just for "Cover Girl," but lower-profile products, local events, etc.

There are probably a lot of girls who haven't signed with an agency, aren't doing national campaigns, and haven't done big shows, but who are "working." And if they're earning enough money to pay their bills, that's a career. They may never again party with 50 Cent, but that's probably ok.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2007 @ 7:14 AM

I think Yaya also has afew films in post-production...

RobertBlue

RobertBlue

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2007 @ 11:14 PM

C3 Amanda and Nicole both had a nice little run of work maybe a year or so after C3 finished. Amanda was the face of a jeans campaign based around blind models, while Nicole did some runway and catalog work.

Eugena is starting to get a lot of work, cause bitch serves it up hot in person.

Tocarra gets some gigs, but is now best known for her stint on Celebrity Fit Club, where she got stuck spinning on a stripper pole during a personal workout session she attacked a little to aggressively (it was like a perpetual motion machine thanks to her big old titties balancing out her booty and trapping her in a seemingly endless cycle of pole rotations, aka great reality TV).

Elyse recently had a very high profile commercial begin airing in Hong Kong/China that she starred in with Chow Yun Fat.

C5 Ashley has started to have a nice run of editorial and catalog shots pop up.

And one of my favorites, C6 Kathleen (say it with the Tyra over-exaggerated southern accent...come on, it's fun!) has booked a shoot or two, but is currently without representation (she'll pop up here and correct me if I'm wrong, for sure, I'd think). And she was easily the closest thing to a breakout star from the trainwreck that was Take the Lead.

C6 Leslie has, surprisingly, been booking a good bit of runway work, though apparently she learned to walk while giving the impression that she was not an aging pheasant.

And C6 Brooke hasn't done much work after Top Model, but I have heard from a reliable source (one of my best friends who is legitimately best friends with Brooke, they talk all the time on the phone and grew up together) that she did quite a lot of high fashion runway work in Milan right out of high school. What, with her beauty that America will not understand but fashion will fall in love with, how could she not?

I'll stop with this one: Yaya also had a high profile nation wide commercial for Radio Shack, where she played one of the people who would sit down in the chair and tell their friends/family/other what fabulous gifts they needed from Radio Shack for Christmas. In a brilliant bit of typecasting, Yaya nailed the stuck-up bitch character. She was also the closest thing to a breakout star in Take the Lead.

ETA: I forgot to recognize the fabulous Jade, who has been booking work left and right. Of course, she was booking work left and right before being on Top Model, only now she has a group of people on this site writing poetry about her thought process in that one ad with the pink pumps and praising at the altar of her crazy.

Edited by RobertBlue, May 1, 2007 @ 11:15 PM.

goblyn

goblyn

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2007 @ 8:54 AM

Amanda was the face of a jeans campaign based around blind models

Really? I'm sorry but that's hilarious. Could someone link a pic of that?

Tocarra gets some gigs, but is now best known for her stint on Celebrity Fit Club, where she got stuck spinning on a stripper pole during a personal workout session she attacked a little to aggressively (it was like a perpetual motion machine thanks to her big old titties balancing out her booty and trapping her in a seemingly endless cycle of pole rotations, aka great reality TV).

I knew she was on CFC but I had no idea that happened. Anyone know if there is a youtube of that? Seriously, based on that alone, I'd say she could easily be the most successful hamster ever.

itsjysme

itsjysme

Channel Surfer

Posted May 2, 2007 @ 11:17 AM

Saw Michelle C4 on MTV's Exposed looking for a date......talk about famewhores......

Poor Grace

Poor Grace

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2007 @ 1:46 PM

while Nicole did some runway and catalog work

Really? Do you remember where/who? I recall some pics of her popping up after the show, but they didn't seem connected to any campaign/designer. I'm talking about s3 Nicole here.

RobertBlue

RobertBlue

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2007 @ 2:25 PM

Really? Do you remember where/who? I recall some pics of her popping up after the show, but they didn't seem connected to any campaign/designer. I'm talking about s3 Nicole here.

I remember those same pictures, and I think I heard (here or somewhere else) that some were related to some minor catalog work. Again, nothing too major, but she did do some work after the show. And I do mean C3 Nicole. Don't really care about that winning Nicole.

LunaNegra

LunaNegra

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 31, 2007 @ 12:52 PM

I orginally posted this in the "media link" but this is a better fit.

The question has come up many times as to who has had the most successful "post" ANTM career. I decided to check the number of modeling pictures posted from each season on the All-AMTN.net website. While this is totally not scientific at all, she is pretty good at digging up photo shoots from the girls on their post ANTM careers. I don't know how she finds them all. It's the most comprehensive site out there. So, for better or worse, that is what I used.

I am not sure on the amount of actual runway work the girls have done because I think the bulk of the photos are from editorial work. The results were a bit surprising and interesting. I made two lists: the girl with the most success from each season, and then a top 10 overall list of all seasons. These numbers were pulled as of July 31st. Again, this is a very gross measurement but we don't have much to go on. Some of the girls may of had a bigger photo spread, leading to bigger numbers but one girl may of had a cover shot which might be more prestigious. Meaning a 5 page spread in a Target ad is not the same as a Vogue cover shot. However, I do think the numbers add up to a fairly indicitive picture of the total amount of work the girls are doing, regardless. One cover shot doesn't mean much if you are barely working and that's all you have done. Also girls who are huge on the runway may not have alot of editorial work. Though, I don't think any of the ANTM girls are seriously working the runways. Thus how to define "success"? So, at this point, since I didn't have a way to weigh all those factors, I mainly went on just pure numbers.

The "Most Successful Girl" from each season:
  • Season 1: 595 photos - Elyse Sewell
  • Season 2: 112 photos - Sara Racey-Tabriz
  • Season 3: 279 photos - Ann Markley
  • Season 4: 110 photos - Michelle Deighton
  • Season 5: 263 photos - Lisa D'Amato
  • Season 6: 256 photos - Mollie Sue
  • Season 7: 131 photos - Melrose Bickerstaf
  • Season 8: 101 photos - Jaslene Gonzalez
The "Top 10 Most Successful Girls" across all seasons:
  • 595 - S1 Elyse Sewell
  • 279 - S3 Ann Markley
  • 263 - S5 Lisa D'Amato
  • 256 - S6 Mollie Sue
  • 224 - S3 Adrianne Curry
  • 186 - S3 Eva Pigford
  • 157 - S5 Kim Stoltz
  • 147 - S6 Joanie Dodds
  • 131 - S7 Melrose Bickerstaf
  • 129 - S1 Katie Cleary
Observations:

1. The overall winner by far is S1 Elyse Sewell. She has been living in Hong Kong, working full-time as a model and is the only one I know of who has made an actual career out of just modeling. She also has had a very long run of several years now and is still going strong. S2 Ann Markley has done alot of work in Europe, especially Italy I believe.

2. However S2 Yoanna House is a close second, even though she only has 96 photos posted. But since she has her own weekly TV show on the Style network, I think that counts huge. No other girl, any season, has this level of weekly exposure (yet). Following up along these lines would be S1 Adrianne Curry who was on "The Surreal Life" and also got her TV show with the limited run of "My Fair Brady".

3. On the Top 10 Overall list, the season most represented is Season 3, with three girls. The other Top 10 Successful Girls are spread out pretty evenly:
S1 - 2 girls
S3 - 3 girls
S5 - 2 girls
S6 - 2 girls
S7 - 1 girl

4. On the overall Top 10 comparison list, there are no representatives from Season 2 (but the S2 Yoanna sucess is addressed above), nor anyone from season 4 or 8. Now, since season 8 is the most recent, we can give them a pass for now, since maybe enough time hasn't passed yet to build up large portfolios. However, what does that say about all of the girls from Season 4 (won by Naima Mora)? A huge bust.

5. I find it interesting that on the "most successful from each season" list, S2 Yoanna and S8 Jaslene are the only actual "winners" of their seasons. The rest of the girls that have been more successful were "losers" who yet, seem to have done more modeling work. I think Jaslene may turn out big numbers. As a model, she really does seem to have alot of potential. We will see. This could mean one of two things regarding the "winners" who have not done well. Either 1) the judges really don't know what they are looking for/doing and are picking winners based on a whole slew of other factors that don't translate well to actual modeling success, such as "personality" or what not. Or, 2) the winners really are the best of the bunch, but by the fact of winning ANTM and being stuck with that label turns into a major liability that actually hinders their success. My hunch is more towards number 1.

6. Thoughts anyone on all of this? :-)

Edited by LunaNegra, Jul 31, 2007 @ 1:07 PM.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Jul 31, 2007 @ 1:59 PM

Quantity < Quality

C0mputerGeek

C0mputerGeek

Stalker

Posted Jul 31, 2007 @ 2:52 PM

The question has come up many times as to who has had the most successful "post" ANTM career. I decided to check the number of modeling pictures posted from each season on the All-AMTN.net website. While this is totally not scientific at all, she is pretty good at digging up photo shoots from the girls on their post ANTM careers. I don't know how she finds them all. It's the most comprehensive site out there. So, for better or worse, that is what I used.

Keep in mind that, as mentioned by nicenessness, quantity does not necessarily beat quantity. Runway work for Ralph Lauren or Armani would certainly beat being featured at the Heatherette show. Katie (C1) has lots of photos but I certainly would not equate her Stripper Academy movie with Yaya's role in Take the Lead or Elyse's commercial with Chow Yun-Fat.

6. Thoughts anyone on all of this? :-)

I agree that Elyse - and arguably Mollie Sue - are the most successful ANTM alumni ever. I understand that Ann has done loads of runway, and runway photos are not featured on All ANTM. Of course, she has the most photos in Cycle Three so that proves your point unless you consider the fact that it's Eva the Diva who usually has the most photos for Cycle Three.

Also, Eugena has done lots of runway and had a campaign for Southpark. I would argue that her success exceeds CariDee, even though CariDee has more photos appearing on All ANTM.

Edited by C0mputerGeek, Jul 31, 2007 @ 3:05 PM.

Kapsberger

Kapsberger

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 31, 2007 @ 2:54 PM

2. Season 2: 112 photos - Sara Racey-Tabriz

Given that this is the same Sara who can now be doing high-fashion work at hot dog eating contests...maybe "successful" is a bit strong.

Preppie

Preppie

Fanatic

Posted Jul 31, 2007 @ 2:55 PM

Hey, at least she is holding the numbers for Kobayashi!

JAZ853

JAZ853

Fanatic

• Interests:http://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested

Posted Jul 31, 2007 @ 3:36 PM

However S2 Yoanna House is a close second, even though she only has 96 photos posted. But since she has her own weekly TV show on the Style network, I think that counts huge

I completely disagree. Hosting a show on style is not the same success as being a model, but regardless, 90% of the population don't even know the Style network exists. And if they do, all they know about it is Issac Mizrah has a show, and he grabs celeb boob. She might as well be on basic access. Kim with her news spot on MTV, Eva on Kevin Hill, and Yaya with her role in Take the Lead, and even Mercedes with her Chili's commerical, are far better known than Yoanna.

Sorry for the rantiness of that, I'm rewatching C2 and have a lot of Yoanna hate building.

quack

quack

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 31, 2007 @ 4:32 PM

Hosting a show on style is not the same success as being a model, but regardless, 90% of the population don't even know the Style network exists. And if they do, all they know about it is Issac Mizrah has a show, and he grabs celeb boob. She might as well be on basic access.

I disagree with that - Yoanna was the only person I'd ever heard of from ANTM before I actually started watching during Cycle 7, but I recognized her right away from her show and guest spots on Style. I'm not a huge watcher of that channel, but her name and face were distinctive enough that I equated her with that long before I knew she had appeared on ANTM.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Jul 31, 2007 @ 4:37 PM

I had never heard of the Style Network before it was mentioned on TWoP that Yoanna worked there...

amanndaj

amanndaj

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 31, 2007 @ 4:39 PM

I completely disagree. Hosting a show on style is not the same success as being a model, but regardless, 90% of the population don't even know the Style network exists. And if they do, all they know about it is Issac Mizrah has a show, and he grabs celeb boob. She might as well be on basic access. Kim with her news spot on MTV, Eva on Kevin Hill, and Yaya with her role in Take the Lead, and even Mercedes with her Chili's commerical, are far better known than Yoanna.

Sorry for the rantiness of that, I'm rewatching C2 and have a lot of Yoanna hate building.

YES! I literally don't know where to find her show on tv, and even if it's big, I'm sure she still looks like a pale hag. And I'm totally with you on the Yoanna hatred.

lindseyquinn

lindseyquinn

Fanatic

• Interests:binder clips (large), Body Pump (minus lunges), coffee, the color wheel, crafting, crosswords, design, diet soda, DIY, Edward Gorey, Google Reader, elliptical machines, ephemera, exfoliation, Hello Kitty, the hot glue gun, kawaii, kittens (most especially Zooey Grace), Locks of Love, Martha Stewart, McSweeney’s, Milton Glaser, mockery, naps, Readymade, Scrabble, silhouettes, sushi, This American Life, TV, TWoP, Urban Decay, worry dolls, writing, yarn, yoga, 42, '80s night

Posted Jul 31, 2007 @ 4:51 PM

YES! I literally don't know where to find her show on tv, and even if it's big, I'm sure she still looks like a pale hag. And I'm totally with you on the Yoanna hatred.

Off-topic: When I read this, my mind immediately plugged "pale hag" into the Square Pegs theme song. Try it. It's fun.

On-topic: I'd definitely seen / heard of Yoanna as the Look for Less host before I'd known she was on ANTM, possibly because it made entertainment news when the original host, (that horrible, narrow-minded snot) Elisabeth Hasslebeck, left to take her View job.

baronne

baronne

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 31, 2007 @ 6:45 PM

I like this thread - I've wondered what happened to the different hamsters when they left the show. Though I have to assume if anything really spectacular had happened to one of them from a career standpoint, we would have all heard about it by now.

Seeing as I don't have anything really important to add to this thread, I'll go ahead and throw up this link to the Style Network's "Look For Less" show that everyone is talking about. Just in case anyone is interested in the show.

goblyn

goblyn

Fanatic

Posted Aug 1, 2007 @ 12:42 PM

When determining the most successful hamster, you also have to keep in mind that many of the pictures on all-antm are simply pictures the girls paid to have taken by photographers.

I'd say that easily the most successful girl (strictly in the sense that she has modeling jobs) is Elyse, most of her pictures are from legit modeling jobs, she has had commercials (granted they are usually foreign ones) and she has thus obtained industry cred.

I know so many people hate Yoanna, but I'd say she too has some industry cred, while a show on style tv might not sound big to Joe Schmo from Topeka, Style tv is legitimately watched by people in the industry.

And finally, though it pains me to admit this, I'd say that freaking Eva the Diva would round out my top three hamsters, because she's obtained a place for herself in the fashion world (granted this mostly comes out as simply appearing at fashion shows and after parties, but its still more than most of the girls), and has made herself a pseudo celebrity.

I don't count Adrienne on this list at all because Adrienne's fame and noteriety has hardly anything at all to do with modeling, and almost everything to do with her other reality shows.

Up and coming is definately Mollie Sue, who has managed to secure herself some steady modeling jobs for legit publications. Though we're all supposed to hate her, I'd say that cycle 5's Nicole is on a "hamsters to watch" list because she's scored some modeling contracts that nobody thought she'd ever be able to get. Also on that list would be Lisa.

What's particuarly sad about this all is that Tyra is so adamant that plus sized girls and black girls need more exposure in the fashion world (I agree) and yet, with the exception of Pigford, I doubt you'd count any of the black girls or plus sized girls who've been on the show as being successful in the modeling world.

Oh except for Yaya, but I think she's decided that her niche is acting and modeling is just to pay the bills in between acting gigs.

lsk

lsk

Fanatic

Posted Aug 1, 2007 @ 5:33 PM

What's particuarly sad about this all is that Tyra is so adamant that plus sized girls and black girls need more exposure in the fashion world (I agree) and yet, with the exception of Pigford, I doubt you'd count any of the black girls or plus sized girls who've been on the show as being successful in the modeling world.

On the whole I would agree, but Eugena's billboard in Times Square was pretty major. I would call that a success.

kbilly

kbilly

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 1, 2007 @ 5:54 PM

Tocarra is on TV like everyday as a host of some show on BET. I saw her last night and did a double take. She's got long, Naomi hair and has lost a lot of weight. She really looks beautiful. Her voice however, is terribly grating.

I think Mercedes is in a new Chili's ad, where she says "Welcome to Chili's" at the beginning. Mercedes is the one with the cute dimple and some kind of illness correct?

LittleMissKris

LittleMissKris

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 1, 2007 @ 9:25 PM

kbilly, that sure is Mercedes, looking cute as ever!

goblyn

goblyn

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2007 @ 7:16 AM

Tocarra is on TV like everyday as a host of some show on BET.

Again though, she's famous, but it has nothing to do with the fashion industry.

JAZ853

JAZ853

Fanatic

• Interests:http://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested

Posted Aug 2, 2007 @ 9:53 AM

Kim and Megan (C7) have also been doing substantial enough work that they're worth watching, I think.

Agreed about Eugena, with the Southpole ad, I think she's already the most successful black hamster (behind Eva, maybe), and her cycle was only last year.

goblyn

goblyn

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2007 @ 10:33 AM

Okay well lets add Kim, Megan and Eugena to the "hamsters to watch" list.

amanndaj

amanndaj

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 4, 2007 @ 3:04 PM

Up and coming is definately Mollie Sue, who has managed to secure herself some steady modeling jobs for legit publications. Though we're all supposed to hate her, I'd say that cycle 5's Nicole is on a "hamsters to watch" list because she's scored some modeling contracts that nobody thought she'd ever be able to get. Also on that list would be Lisa.

Unfortunately, Nicole totally stopped modelling a couple of months ago. Unless she's doing a whole lot of runway work, she probably gave it up.

23 Skiddoo

23 Skiddoo

Fanatic

Posted Aug 4, 2007 @ 4:00 PM

Really? I heard Nicole just signed with Nous.

amanndaj

amanndaj

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 4, 2007 @ 9:41 PM

Well, I'm just going by what I've seen on all_antm. Her last photo was uploaded a couple of months ago. I could be wrong, but Kim and Lisa seem to be having a better career than her, and if it continues like this, so will Nik.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Aug 4, 2007 @ 9:45 PM

All_Antm is not a reliable source when determining success. It just isn't. How are we to know that Nicole hasn't been ripping the runways? That site only includes actual photoshoot photos...