ACTOR/WRITER: B.J. Novak
Posted Sep 25, 2008 @ 7:54 AM
Posted Sep 26, 2008 @ 10:57 PM
Posted Oct 15, 2008 @ 6:32 PM
Posted Nov 13, 2008 @ 10:43 AM
Word is BJ may be departing the office for good.
Via EW.com ... http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2008/11/bj-novak-leavin.html
Posted Nov 13, 2008 @ 12:01 PM
Posted Nov 21, 2008 @ 1:59 AM
Anyway, Ryan was awesome as the oft-quiet, nonchalant "temp" of years past.
Typical ruining of a good character. Anyway, the show is awful these days compared to the glory days of S1 & S2. S3 had some decent stuff too, but S4 & S5 (so far) are not very good. It just doesn't feel like "The Office" anymore.
Posted Dec 5, 2008 @ 1:36 PM
NOVAK: On our show, the writers are very actorly and the actors are very writerly, but it just feels more like family when I’m doing something with Paul or Mindy. We have the disposition of writers. We wear the sneakers and jeans and zip-up sweatshirts every day and are obsessed with what snacks are coming. So when we’re on set, it sort of feels like we don’t belong, and I think we huddle together in that shared experience.
KALING: I’ve always thought that B.J. was the quickest of the writers. I will say something, and he’ll say something very quietly and quickly that exactly encapsulates why I was lame. And then I’ll do something dorky like hit him.
NOVAK: We’ve known each other for so long, we can have a really vitriolic fight without even thinking it’s a big deal.
KALING: One time we had this fight because I was being mean about somebody. He was like, “Why are you being mean about her?” And I’m like, “Why do you have to be so nice about her?” And one of the editors and one of the P.A.s walked by, and they’re like, “Weird. Dysfunctional.” And I was like, oh yeah, I bet it does look that way. But then afterwards we held hands and went over to craft services.
Posted Jan 29, 2009 @ 8:15 PM
Posted Feb 7, 2009 @ 1:21 PM
A few things he said:
- Creed is the funniest person to work with on the set because he is very much like his character (in a non creepy way).
- Mindy (Kelly) is a genious writer, very funny and intelligent and one of the coolest people he knows.
- Working with Steve Carrell is amazing because he always shows up to work on time, is always happy, cheerful, and nice and hilarious in front of the cameras. (He calls him a nightmare because he has no funny stories to tell about him being an a-hole)
- If he could tour with anyone he'd tour with Rainn Wilson, he said Dwight is a very interesting guy and fun to have around because he keeps things interesting and very funny and he has a lot of stories.
- Pam or Karen? "Uhhh.... well I guess Ryan went for them both. I couldn't choose one or the other in real life."
- Ryan will be back on the show in a few weeks and when he comes back it will be big and hilarious
- His favorite episode of the office is "The Injury"
Edited by TWoP Barnes, Feb 13, 2009 @ 8:12 AM.
Posted Mar 19, 2009 @ 8:27 AM
Posted Mar 19, 2009 @ 8:44 PM
He looks kinda like Seth Meyers from SNL.