Rebecca Harper: Not Daddy's Other Little Girl

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

61 replies to this topic

quietone

quietone

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2007 @ 7:46 PM

I'm really curious as to how her character will be fleshed out and how the Walker siblings and Nora respond to her. Totally adored Emily Van Camp on Everwood and I'm glad to see her on TV again.

Edited by quietone, Mar 30, 2007 @ 7:45 PM.

UnfamousLoser

UnfamousLoser

Fanatic

• Interests:Twilight Zone, The Six Wives of Henry VIII, Monty Python's Flying Circus, It's Garry Shandling's Show, My So-Called Life, Oz, Henry VIII, The Soup, Best Week Ever, The Staircase, White Collar

Posted Mar 30, 2007 @ 7:48 PM

Heh. I was trying to think of a title for Rebecca's thread, but this is perfect. Thanks, quietone.

Matt310

Matt310

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2007 @ 9:33 PM

I'm excited to see her at the family dinner on Sunday and how she will be embraced by everyone in the family especially Nora's reaction.

ChelseaMcQ

ChelseaMcQ

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2007 @ 11:14 PM

I think I'd have titled this "Rebecca Not-Walker"

Love EVC's portrayal so far.
I'm curious as to what order the siblings will accept her in.
Justin is obviously the first.

possibilities

possibilities

Stalker

Posted Mar 30, 2007 @ 11:29 PM

I figure Tommy will be next. He's already accepted her evil mother.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Mar 31, 2007 @ 9:45 PM

Rebecca should have some "only" child characteristics...I wonder if they're going to come to play in a story. There's gotta be angst in being an only child who discovers that she has 5 half-siblings.

PALfree

PALfree

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2007 @ 1:01 AM

If there was an award for best television siblings, I would nominate Justin and Rebecca. I love the idea of him taking the role of older protective brother as seen in the previews for next week.

Beanhead

Beanhead

Posted Apr 2, 2007 @ 1:28 AM

I really wish Kitty would meet her soon, I would like to see what she thinks of her. I agree Tommy might be next in accepting her-if only because of the DNA thing and his worries and he might want to look into it. It seems like Sarah just won't like her ever for quite a bit because of her situation with Holly...I'm not sure about Kevin and when he will accept her and Kitty since she has yet to meet her.

Edited by Beanhead, Apr 2, 2007 @ 1:41 AM.

Lucky Boo

Lucky Boo

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 2, 2007 @ 1:52 PM

Yay, Rebecca was attending Northwestern! However, she really meant to say that she was a THEATRE major (like me!!), not a DRAMA major, which Berlanti -- also a THEATRE major -- should have known. I realize they only wrote it that way so it would dovetail nicely into Sarah snarking about Holly, but I still want to be clear on the THEATRE vs. DRAMA distinction. :) Nevertheless, I love a good shout-out for the old alma mater. I assume I have Berlanti to thank, so thanks, Berlanti!!

Edited by Lucky Boo, Apr 2, 2007 @ 1:54 PM.

quietone

quietone

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2007 @ 2:53 PM

I love the fact that Rebecca is not giving her mother a free pass in all this. She realizes that yes William was a bastard of a father but also that Holly has made decisions and done things that have contributed to the messy situation that she has now become a part of. Loved how she wasn't all lovey-dovey with Holly after the dinner.

ChelseaMcQ

ChelseaMcQ

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2007 @ 7:13 PM

I can't see Rebecca warming up to Kitty anytime soon now. Or Kevin. Actually, thinking as I type, Justin, Nora, and Julia were the only ones that didn't screw it up a little.

So glad that she's mad at Holly.

Loved the Ojai reveal, she looked liked she really felt bad bringing it up. I gotta watch that scene again.

I'm almost wishing her and Nora talk again. Nora would've been her step-mother, had Holly not kept the official word a secret.

Edited by ChelseaMcQ, Apr 2, 2007 @ 7:14 PM.

CelticGoddess

CelticGoddess

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2007 @ 10:36 AM

I love how she seems to be touched by the genuineness of the gestures by Nora and by what Nora said at the end of the dinner.

Crimson Belle

Crimson Belle

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2007 @ 7:08 PM

Bumping this original thread as there appears to be a duplicate.

On topic, I covet Rebecca/Emily's hair.

jcpbmg

jcpbmg

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2007 @ 8:44 PM

Sorry, I didn't realize a Rebecca thread already existed.

I can't wait to see what happens with the Nora/Rebecca relationship and if Nora ultimately ends up using Rebecca when she gets in fights with Sarah or Kitty.

Pieceofmind

Pieceofmind

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 9, 2007 @ 5:40 AM

I really like the way the Rebecca character developed this past episode. I like that she's not completely shunning the Walker's but isn't really blaming herself for their crazy behavior at the dinner. Seeing her talk with Nora was nice, especially since that realistic barrier between complete acceptance of her other family and skepticism played a part.

colourmyworld

colourmyworld

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2007 @ 5:52 PM

I keep thinking they are going to make her a little bitch, but I hope not. That would be a little two one-dimensional for me.

PALfree

PALfree

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 10:24 PM

I really hope that she isn't lying about the Joe kiss (although it seems kind of far-fetched). As a fan of Rebecca and a not-fan of Holly, I would hate to have a reason to compare her to her mother.

Grace06

Grace06

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 10:34 PM

I really dont like Holly and have been so so about Rebekah until this past episode. I dont like her. Like, when she got up and left in the middle of charades. It just seemed like she was overeacting a bit, what exactly did she expect? But to give her credit she did go back in. It just seemed wierd, I think the Walker family has been pretty welcoming of her. Yet she always finds something to complain about.

Stachay

Stachay

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 18, 2007 @ 12:58 PM

Like, when she got up and left in the middle of charades. It just seemed like she was overeacting a bit, what exactly did she expect?

I have to confess, I have done exactly this kind of thing when I've been in an uncomfortable situation. And even with my own family, if I'm feeling left out (I'm the oldest of a large family, and there are only two of us who aren't married, so there are many times that I'm feeling left out!), I'll get up and leave in the middle of something. So I could understand why she did it.

It just seemed wierd, I think the Walker family has been pretty welcoming of her.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this point - I don't feel they have been particularly welcoming of her, but I also understand why. After Justin did some arm twisting, sure, Sarah, Kevin & Tommy made an effort to reach out, but it felt and looked pretty forced. And Kitty was DEFINITELY not welcoming, until towards the end of this ep. In fact, besides Justin, Nora is the only one who I feel has treated her well, considering the circumstances. She invited her to a meal, and hasn't really discouraged Justin from interacting and establishing a relationship with her, although it has to be killing her.

Of course, all the family love may come to a crashing halt now with *The Kiss*. I am on the bandwagon with the folks that think she's telling the truth, as much as it breaks my Joe-loving heart. I just can't see how making this story up would be advantageous to her. And I'm so totally NOT digging this storyline...

hypertwink

hypertwink

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2007 @ 3:20 AM

Let's see has DNA that in part comes from a homewrecker who ultimately wants to belong to the same family she rent asunder and from a cheater who lied to his family for 20 years. That's a lot of genetic baggage to overcome.

Professor K

Professor K

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 20, 2007 @ 6:14 AM

Here's what doesn't ring true for me with Rebecca's teary Joe-Kissed-Me story: before the scene between them cut away, BOTH characters exhibited pre-kiss body language. If they did kiss, based on the information the show revealed, it looks like a mutual desire and not one-sided as was described to Justin.

Having said all that, Rebecca is young. Even if the kiss was mutual, it's Joe who should know better and be proactive in maintaining an appropriate relationship.

hypertwink

hypertwink

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2007 @ 7:40 AM

So they were about to kiss -- she's a pretty girl with daddy issues and he's a lonely guy with wife issues. But Joe could want to kiss someone and not follow through, right? And if he did kiss her, he could have pulled back realizing that it was wrong. But really, I think that it's on Rebecca, I think she kissed him and he rejected her, and she's spinning it for maximum effect.

Professor K

Professor K

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 20, 2007 @ 8:46 AM

if he did kiss her, he could have pulled back realizing that it was wrong. But really, I think that it's on Rebecca, I think she kissed him and he rejected her, and she's spinning it for maximum effect.

I could see that happening, too. Like it says in the recap, I'm hoping the storyline has the Walkers dealing with Rebecca's impropriety while continuing to forge a relationship with her, rather than a hackneyed "Joe is a cheating creep; let's ride him out on a rail" plot line.

Edited by Professor K, Apr 22, 2007 @ 9:36 AM.

OptimisticCynic

OptimisticCynic

Stalker

Posted Apr 20, 2007 @ 8:52 AM

Here's what doesn't ring true for me with Rebecca's teary Joe-Kissed-Me story: before the scene between them cut away, BOTH characters exhibited pre-kiss body language. If they did kiss, based on the information the show revealed, it looks like a mutual desire and not one-sided as was described to Justin.

That doesn't mean she would ever act on it.

Sars

Sars

Posted Apr 20, 2007 @ 6:24 PM

True, but the scene set us up to believe that she would; there's no reason to mention that her ex was a lot older than she is -- at least, not in that particular spot -- unless the show wants us to think that this is Something She Does.

It could very well be a fake-out, but if so, it's a cheap one, and I'd like to think better of this writing staff.

fadooski

fadooski

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 22, 2007 @ 9:47 PM

I hated that scene. It played like a cliche of a middle-aged male fantasy. I mean, a hot girl barely out of her teens says stuff like "I have a thing for older guys", "Oh, you look about 35, really!" "Filrt, flirt FLIRT!!!!" "Isn't that cheating? (giggle)!".

Didn't she say if her ex-father figure was married?

Edited by fadooski, Apr 22, 2007 @ 9:48 PM.

Lewisfan48

Lewisfan48

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2007 @ 9:53 PM

Rebecca never had a father figure, per se. Holly had told her she was the result of a one-night stand.

idonmatrix

idonmatrix

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2007 @ 7:30 PM

I hated that scene. It played like a cliche of a middle-aged male fantasy. I mean, a hot girl barely out of her teens says stuff like "I have a thing for older guys", "Oh, you look about 35, really!" "Filrt, flirt FLIRT!!!!" "Isn't that cheating? (giggle)!".

Yes. I thought Becca sort of set Joe up with my boyfriend is probably older than you. Up until that point, Joe just seemed like any other relative. After that point the scene seemed cringeworthy. But I also thought Becca's scene with Joe at Game Night was also cringeworthy because I could feel where it was leading.

Edited by idonmatrix, Apr 23, 2007 @ 7:32 PM.

Unraveled

Unraveled

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2007 @ 2:18 PM

I refuse to believe that Joe "forced" himself on her and kissed Rebecca. There were lots of sexual tension on both sides. She didn't have to mention the older professor boyfriend and he didn't have to do the oh-so-old "helping" her with her chords.

I can see both sides to the story. Rebecca kisses Joe. He rejects it. She is angry and embarrassed. She lies that Joe initiated it (and basically implies that he forced himself on her). She doesn't want to lose her new family.

I can also Joe kissing Rebecca, but I refuse to believe that it wasn't semi-mutual.

Her look to Justin screamed "I've been raped!" kind of look. It was annoying and I don't think she was innocent in this.

Edited by Unraveled, Apr 26, 2007 @ 9:26 AM.

fadooski

fadooski

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 25, 2007 @ 10:50 AM

But I also thought Becca's scene with Joe at Game Night was also cringeworthy because I could feel where it was leading

I'm just relieved she didn't sleep with Justin.

Edited by fadooski, Apr 25, 2007 @ 10:48 AM.