Kevin Walker: Lawyer I'd Like to Debrief

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

206 replies to this topic

JLHSmurf

JLHSmurf

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 12:01 AM

Was it just me, or was his accent all of over the place at the beginning of this episode?

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

• Interests:hockey, horror, science fiction, mythology, food

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 2:47 AM

Not just you. That's the most accent bleed-through I've heard since the first few episodes of Season 1.

quentin312002

quentin312002

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 11:59 AM

He must have been talking to his mom before filming or something.

RyanCrowell

RyanCrowell

Fanatic

Posted Jan 29, 2008 @ 12:19 AM

I did enjoy his conversation with Sarah.

He looked so damn hot in that black leather jacket.

Jeaux35

Jeaux35

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2008 @ 10:57 AM

It looks like the showrunners just might be allowing Kevin to grow as a character and take a more adult look at life. His relationship with Scotty has shown real growth to this point, and that makes me happy. Who would have thought that characters who grow and mature could make good drama?

Lewisfan48

Lewisfan48

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2008 @ 11:01 AM

ITA. Their conversation in Kevin's loft was especially heartening. They explained where the other was coming from and maturely agreed to disagree. How refreshing.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted May 5, 2008 @ 4:09 AM

Back at the start of the show, Kevin's story was about a man who was afraid to find love, and even with some bumps along the way, I think they've done a good job believably taking him to the point where he's now strong enough to finally take that last, crucial step. Kevin was the heart of his family in this episode and the transition felt completely natural. His scenes with Saul were especially moving, and his proposal to Scotty, instead of just feeling like a stunt (which is how most gay weddings come across of TV), seemed so genuine and intimate, I thought I was watching real people.

Kevin has always had such strong potential as a character, and this episode was one of the times I felt the potential was tapped.

Lewisfan48

Lewisfan48

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2008 @ 9:32 AM

Indeed. A terrific, character-defining episode for Kevin.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted May 13, 2008 @ 4:44 AM

The parts about Kevin suddenly remembering another possible Walker love child felt very shoehorned into the episode, but Matthew Rhys did a very good job selling the scenes, as well as Kevin's ambivalence about how seriously to treat his ceremony with Scotty.

I'd really like to see Kevin get a friend. I don't care if the friend is straight or gay, or even male or female, although a male would probably drive more stories. Either way, just a platonic friend for Kevin.

Sungal

Sungal

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2008 @ 3:55 PM

I'd really like to see Kevin get a friend. I don't care if the friend is straight or gay, or even male or female, although a male would probably drive more stories. Either way, just a platonic friend for Kevin.

I'm not always a fan of adding more people to an already overflowing roster, but I wouldn't mind seeing one of Kevin's friends or seeing him get a friend. He/she could come out of the woodwork like Emily. Of course, there are already plenty of stories to mine in Kevin's life, so I doubt we'll be seeing any friend soon. And I always think that Kevin would interact with a friend the same way he interacts with his crazy family, so I guess I could find solace in the fact that we're already witnessing Kevin's friend dynamic. I wouldn't mind seeing it, though, and I know Rhys could pull it off.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Jul 5, 2010 @ 7:44 AM

Wow, it's been two years since someone's commented on Kevin. What's happened to these threads?

Well, he's still my favourite gay character on TV even at times in Seasons 3 and 4, working for Robert and the surrogacy plot didn't always do him the best of favours.

marea67

marea67

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 8, 2010 @ 3:54 PM

He's still my favorite as well, but yes, working for Robert gave him a character-change that I disliked.

His scenes with his family and with Scotty continued to be strong, but his scenes with Robert.... The writers were trying to hard or something. I don't know what it was. They still make my feel bad. Robert and Kevin were best when on opposite sides of the fence.

Kevin is still my favorite. Matthew is an amazing actor and he keeps me interested in the part. The chemistry with Luke Macfarlane is just great and they make a very convincing couple. They just make it work (for me). They are the reasons for me to continue to watch this show.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Aug 5, 2010 @ 8:02 PM

I felt the bromance with Robert was too forced for it's own good and just didn't flow organically at all but the scenes with him and Scotty are wonderful. I especially loved their moments in S3X, even if Sarah kept bloody interrupting them.

Kevin Walker, best TV gay by a long, long mile. When this show is done I hope Matthew Rhys either does some UK TV or pops up in True Blood or something awesome.

Edited by darkestboy, Oct 15, 2010 @ 9:49 AM.

PippinsApple

PippinsApple

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 6, 2010 @ 10:43 AM

I do like this show & have gotten interested in the other characters, but I began watching for Kevin & Scotty. They continue to be the highlight of the show for me.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Oct 15, 2010 @ 9:49 AM

So do I for me, Kevin is often the reason (along with Scotty) that I'm still watching the series.

YumYum

YumYum

Fanatic

Posted Oct 15, 2010 @ 11:11 AM

So do I for me, Kevin is often the reason (along with Scotty) that I'm still watching the series.

It's the only reason I'm still watching. Not crazy about the face stubble on our Kevin this year. I know it's "in" and all that...I just don't care for it on him.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Oct 21, 2010 @ 10:41 AM

Kevin needs a decent shave from what I've seen this year. And him and Scotty maybe should give up on surrogacy/adopting altogether and concentrate on their marriage first.

Edited by darkestboy, Oct 21, 2010 @ 10:44 AM.

Ely

Ely

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 22, 2010 @ 8:35 AM

No! Don't get rid of the scruff! It's making him look extra delicious!

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Oct 26, 2010 @ 9:24 AM

This season isn't great but Matthew Rhys is certainly doing a great job with the material he's getting with Kevin this season.

possibilities

possibilities

Stalker

Posted Nov 8, 2010 @ 3:51 AM

Kevin and Scotty are the only reason I'm still watching, and I think Matthew and Luke (whoa-- I just noticed how Biblical that sounds) have fabulous chemistry and work really well together. I noticed tonight that even when their lines were terrible, I found myself believing them both. Kevin has a way of leaning into the pauses in his conversations with Scotty, which Matthew doesn't do in scenes with other characters. It's like his body, and thus his energy, are somehow slightly inclined, as though he's moving towards Luke, even when he's totally still.

YumYum

YumYum

Fanatic

Posted Nov 9, 2010 @ 10:22 AM

It's like his body, and thus his energy, are somehow slightly inclined, as though he's moving towards Luke, even when he's totally still.

I noticed this too...great body work. Rhys is one helluva an actor.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Dec 9, 2010 @ 10:59 AM

He certainly is, and Kevin/Scotty are the only couple on this show that in spite of the crap we're getting this season actually work the best.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Mar 29, 2011 @ 7:48 AM

Afterelton have given Kevin the dubious honour of being one of 20 gay men not to date here

Personally, I'd date Kevin over nearly half of the entrants in this.

Edited by darkestboy, Mar 29, 2011 @ 7:49 AM.

YumYum

YumYum

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2011 @ 11:51 AM

Personally, I'd date Kevin over nearly half of the entrants in this.

That's an interesting shot of Kevin! At his most miserable.

Interesting lineup of entrants. They certainly weren't kind to Brian Kinney

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Mar 30, 2011 @ 4:32 PM

Kevin was definitely the best of that bunch though.

Maybe AE aren into Kevin whump or just like to see him suffer. Matthew Rhys certainly plays it well.

espoir

espoir

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 26, 2011 @ 11:58 AM

I love Matthew-directed eps. Notwithstanding plotholes and storyline direction beyond his control, his direction of the latest ep was wonderful. I don't know if it's his personal rapport with the kid playing Olivia, but her scenes felt more "natural" in this episode. Plus, that scene with Luke was amazing.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Apr 28, 2011 @ 8:09 AM

I didn't like Pregnant Pause or The Rhapsody Of The Flesh but that's not Matthew's fault - they just weren't interesting episodes.

Brody, which I've just watched was brilliant and I'm looking forward to seeing Father Unknown soon enough. He is a good director.

Kevin Walker, it's been nice knowing you. Best gay character ever.

Edited by darkestboy, May 22, 2011 @ 9:47 AM.