Brothers and Sisters in the Media

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1011 replies to this topic

Glark

Glark

Posted Mar 30, 2007 @ 5:03 PM

Media-y!

dimples1

dimples1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2007 @ 7:46 AM

SoapNet aired a 30-minute special/wrap-up on the show earlier this morning. I was able to catch up on what I've been missing, since I was watching The L Word on Sunday nights.

Lewisfan48

Lewisfan48

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2007 @ 10:06 AM

The Family Matters 30-minute special can be downloaded here.

Lewisfan48

Lewisfan48

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2007 @ 8:20 AM

Matthew Rhys, Rachel Griffiths, and Jason Lewis are all expected to attend the GLAAD Media Awards in LA, to be held on Saturday, April 14.

B&S is nominated for "Outstanding Drama Series."

ETA:

Here's a sneak peek of Sunday's episode, "Three Parties."

LOL! God, Rachel plays drunk so well. So glad to see some sisterly interaction.

Here's an interesting article about the show, including quotes from Berlanti.

Edited by Lewisfan48, Apr 6, 2007 @ 10:41 AM.

JakeyIsSusan

JakeyIsSusan

Fanatic

• Interests:television (duh!), pro wrestling, pop culture, awards shows, writing, dreaming, procrastinating

Posted Apr 12, 2007 @ 7:35 PM

I caught the tail end of "Entertainment Tonight" (happy birthday, David Cassidy!) before the NBC line-up and on tomorrow's show (4/13) they'll talk to Jenna Elfman about "her hilarious appearance on this Sunday's Brothers & Sisters." I just realized the connection that both her and fellow "Dharma & Greg" Susan Sullivan will be on the episode! Kudos to the casting director.

ferretrick

ferretrick

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2007 @ 12:12 AM

Susan Sullivan is welcome, but Jenna Elfman can keep her unfunny, untalented ass far away from any of the shows I watch.

mamatude

mamatude

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 13, 2007 @ 10:02 AM

Dave Annable is writing a blog for the NHL at http://fans.nhl.com/dave_annable/home/ . There's a pretty goofy video of him on the B&S set introducing the newest family member, "Lord Stanley Walker."

Simon Williams

Simon Williams

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2007 @ 11:19 PM

I really haven't had much to say about the recent episodes, but I was just wondering if anyone else is bugged by the **** **** **** spoiler stuff at Afterelton when they talk about the show (there are some spoilers at the link). I would rather just have straight out spoilers or none at all. They don't seem too thrilled with the show lately, although they still praise it (although I get tired of them saying that Kevin has botched his relationships and that the men he's involved with are his "victims" - Chad was no victim).

Gay characters increase in complexity, if not frequency.

Conservative women were asked for their thoughts on Kitty, and they responded with some criticisms, some compliments.

mamatude

mamatude

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 14, 2007 @ 6:24 AM

The April 20 issue of Entertainment Weekly has an interview with Rachel Griffiths in its Spotlight section (and a photo of her on the Contents page, too). It doesn't seem to be up on EW.com right now, but I have some quotes from it here.

monopoly19

monopoly19

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2007 @ 2:11 AM

Rachel was at the GLAAD awards tonight. I haven't seen any pics of other people associated with B&S, but they were up for an award so I assume more people were there.

ETA: I think this is Robbie Baitz, but they've labelled it as someone else. Maybe I'm wrong. Here's Jason Lewis. And Dave. There's heaps more at wireimage, including a cute one of Dave, Rachel and Balty together.

If the pics aren't working it sometimes helps to refresh.

Edited by monopoly19, Apr 15, 2007 @ 2:22 AM.

UnfamousLoser

UnfamousLoser

Fanatic

• Interests:Twilight Zone, The Six Wives of Henry VIII, Monty Python's Flying Circus, It's Garry Shandling's Show, My So-Called Life, Oz, Henry VIII, The Soup, Best Week Ever, The Staircase, White Collar

Posted Apr 15, 2007 @ 6:15 AM

L.A. Daily News: GLAAD Media Awards

The following courtesy of WireImage:

GLAAD Media Awards --- Cocktail Reception --- Getty, Lewis, Baitz, Rhys, Wettig, Griffiths, Rifkin

GLAAD Media Awards --- Red Carpet --- Getty, Lewis, Baitz, Griffiths

GLAAD Media Awards --- Backstage --- Lewis, Griffiths

GLADD Media Awards --- Show --- Getty, Annable, Lewis, Baitz, Rhys, Griffiths

GLAAD Media Awards --- After Party --- Getty, Annable, Lewis, Rhys, Wettig, Rifkin

Edited by UnfamousLoser, Apr 15, 2007 @ 6:31 AM.

monopoly19

monopoly19

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2007 @ 7:46 AM

Haha...the afterparty pics are the best. I love these boys.

jcpbmg

jcpbmg

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2007 @ 7:51 AM

: I think this is Robbie Baitz, but they've labelled it as someone else

No you're right, that's definitely him.

And those pictures of the guys are great, I love Annabel's face in the last one.

YumYum

YumYum

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2007 @ 8:50 AM

Blogger Greg Hernandez's Out in Hollywood site (dailynews.com) has a real long and interesting tale of meeting B&S cast members at GLAAD awards, had nice things to say about everybody. He talked to Matthew, Dave, Jason and ?? - can't remember who else. There are little spoilers in his interviews.

Edited by YumYum, Apr 15, 2007 @ 8:49 AM.

Lewisfan48

Lewisfan48

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2007 @ 9:09 AM

Love the pictures and the interviews. This cast is good people.

And congrats to the show for winning Outstanding Drama Series!

Edited by Lewisfan48, Apr 15, 2007 @ 9:09 AM.

Simon Williams

Simon Williams

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 2:15 AM

Thank you for all those nice links. Everyone looks great. It's so nice to see Judith Light as well, she's a wonderful actress and has worked tirelessly on gay rights and AIDS awareness. I don't know if she is working on any other shows now but I hope B&S can find something for her if she isn't.

A large photo of Rachel Griffiths and another of Dave Annable. The way the shots were taken is just brutal to everyone, even gorgeous people, so they look very good, considering.

Edited by Simon Williams, Apr 16, 2007 @ 7:22 AM.

dagny

dagny

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2007 @ 12:11 PM

It's so nice to see Judith Light as well, she's a wonderful actress and has worked tirelessly on gay rights and AIDS awareness. I don't know if she is working on any other shows

Judith Light is kicking a** on Ugly Betty as the alcoholic murderous wife of the publishing magnate. She gets awesome lines in the show. It makes sense that she was at the awards ceremony since UB won best comedy.

Lewisfan48

Lewisfan48

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 1:04 PM

Journalist Greg Hernandez interviewed Jon Robin Baitz this past weekend in connection with the GLAAD Media Awards.

Note: There are spoilers in the article.

Rietro

Rietro

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 4:05 PM

...Matthew Rhys not pretty? Is Jon Robin Baitz blind?

jcpbmg

jcpbmg

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 8:19 PM

Baitz is crazy, Rhys is one good looking boy and his cureness (along with his great acting) is what sells Kevin. Here's the exact quote:

He's not a pretty boy and I think that helps in a way.

JakeyIsSusan

JakeyIsSusan

Fanatic

• Interests:television (duh!), pro wrestling, pop culture, awards shows, writing, dreaming, procrastinating

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 8:27 PM

He's not a pretty boy and I think that helps in a way.

Playing devil's advocate, I think he might have meant that Matthew Rhys is more of a normal, "man's man" kind of sexy, if that makes any sense. "Pretty boy" implies a Jason Lewis-Brad Pitt-Channing Tatum type.

amikaro

amikaro

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2007 @ 7:03 AM

I agree, Matthew Rhys is pretty, but not a "pretty boy", if that makes sense...

Simon Williams

Simon Williams

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2007 @ 4:19 AM

Jonathan Lapaglia was upset about having to kiss another man? He must have assumed or been told in the original story plans, Kevin would not have much of a love life. That's his loss, because this could have been a big breakout role for him.

jcpbmg

jcpbmg

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2007 @ 8:08 AM

That's his loss, because this could have been a big breakout role for him.

That's true, but I'm happy Berlanti came in and they made the decision to bring in Rhys instead. Not just because I think he's a better actor and has given Kevin more depth than LaPaglia and his giant nose would have but really, does anyone want a repeat of Kerr Smith. Every time Smith had to kiss a guy on Dawsons Creek he just looked completely disgusted and like he wanted to wipe his mouth and throw up right away.

Sungal

Sungal

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2007 @ 9:35 AM

First off, I just clicked on the Glaad link, and wow, Dave Annable's eyelashes are gorgeous. It's weird that I never noticed that from the show.

I think he's a better actor and has given Kevin more depth than LaPaglia and his giant nose would have

Hee! You're killing me.

ETA: Evidently, Arnold visited the set this week to promote tv production staying in Cali. Big Whoop, imo, but one article does say that Rob Lowe is similar to the Governator in some respects. Hmmm. The other article is using the old picture of the cast, if I'm not mistaken.

Visit to set

Arnold/Rob similarities

Also, an article on Rhys' hiatus movie. Nothing really new there.

http://www.bgay.com/.../aeho70417d.htm

Edited by Sungal, Apr 19, 2007 @ 9:46 AM.

cmstevens

cmstevens

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2007 @ 12:01 PM

Also, an article on Rhys' hiatus movie. Nothing really new there.

Actually there is news. Lindsey Lohan will NOT be playing Matthew's wife in the film. What a relief!

Lewisfan48

Lewisfan48

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2007 @ 2:58 PM

Matthew Rhys was interviewed by an LA morning news program last Friday, April 13th. Click on the link and go to "Celebrity Interviews."

Good interview, as long as you can past some of the insipid commentary by the anchors (who apparently aren't aware of the distinction between gender and sexual orientation).

Also, I found it interesting that Matthew says he keeps the American accent "on" for the entire day of shooting because it's too difficult to go back and forth. I wonder if he and Rachel commiserate over that - it sounds exhausting.

ETA:

Rachel Griffiths will be a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live next Friday, April 27th. Check your local listings.

Edited by Lewisfan48, Apr 19, 2007 @ 3:05 PM.

idonmatrix

idonmatrix

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2007 @ 6:17 PM

Yeah he's blind and STUPID!!

Mary Ann

Mary Ann

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 19, 2007 @ 6:34 PM

The TV Addict has an interview with Emily VanCamp. Among other things she says

Rebecca’s just begun to stir up trouble, and something happens that will further jeopardize her relationship with the family.

I guess after "Game Night" we know what that something is.

hypertwink

hypertwink

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2007 @ 3:54 AM

I saw the glaad interviews on AfterElton. Whoever did them at the very least should look up the names of their interviewees. It's spelled BAITZ, not Bates.