The Great Farscape Rewatch

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

564 replies to this topic

Quizzical1

Quizzical1

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2007 @ 5:01 PM

THE WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY, AND HOW OF THE GREAT FARSCAPE REWATCH:
This thread is for matters pertaining to the organizing of The Great Farscape Rewatch, which begins/began the week of May 28, 2007, with the watching of Premiere. Please join us as we all watch one episode of Farscape per week (in the privacy of our own homes--we're not all meeting in one place to watch it), and discuss the episode beginning each Monday, in the appropriate episode forum. Take a look at the TWoP calendar or this Google calendar to see what episode we're currently watching this week. The point of all this is to allow us to be able to discuss Farscape in a way somewhat similar to the way people do who are watching new shows week-to-week, as well as to feed our obsessions with this wonderful show!

For now, please be conscious of spoilers and use spoiler tags for the big spoilers for future episodes--we don't know how many newbies will be joining us.

This would also be a good time to 'scape friends into watching the show and joining us!

Edited by TWoP Mars, Apr 9, 2008 @ 9:29 PM.

Firecracker1

Firecracker1

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2007 @ 8:46 PM

Firecracker1 signing in. :)

Thanks for setting up the thread Quizzical. Good idea.

As to the second issue:

I have an idea for "presentation" that might work. In Canada there is a commerical for Showcase - Television without Borders (I have always thought that TWoP was riffing on that theme when they chose their name. :) ) Anyway the music from that commerical is quite distinctive. If we can get that music to intro and exit our segment - that would be partial step towards distinctive presentation.

ChillinTheMost

ChillinTheMost

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2007 @ 2:15 PM

Ooooo, what a shiny new thread!

As I mentioned in one of those other threads, I don't really know much about scapecasts and ipods and all those newfangled techie things you young'uns are playing with, but I do love my FarScape!!!

Hee. Okay, I'm not that bad.

I am looking forward to the discussions about the episodes. Are we going to start with the first one and work our way through? One a week? That would only take us a little over a year and a half. Okay, it sounds like a long time when I put it that way... And then, make it about 2 years because I think we might want to take a week off here and there for the big holidays. Or not. Whatever, count me in as long as my work internet allows me to log in and I can find time here to participate. I think this will be fun.

Will you be using this thread to keep track of which week/episode we are discussing?

Quizzical1

Quizzical1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2007 @ 8:57 PM

I'm thinking one per week now--but maybe up that to 2 per week if one doesn't generate that much discussion.

Will you be using this thread to keep track of which week/episode we are discussing?

This thread will be for discussing the logistics of the rewatch, like which episode and such, and then when we discuss the episode, we'll go to that particular episode thread.

Perii

Perii

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2007 @ 9:40 PM

Eh-hem... ah, did I agree to one a week? Even two a week... I don't think I can keep it to just two!!!!

I was thinking of one a day... but I realize that will make the discussion element crazy.

I'll have to think about this.

Firecracker1

Firecracker1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2007 @ 10:25 PM

My vote is for one a week. I love to savour, and it would also give us a chance to re-read the recaps. :)

kayaj2k

kayaj2k

Fanatic

• Interests:(tv-wise): Farscape, Veronica Mars, Dexter, the Whedonverse, Deadwood, Shameless, Friday Night Lights, The Office, Jeopardy, The Daily Show, Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, Masterpiece Theatre, Mad Men, The X-Files, The Wire, True Blood, Burn Notice, Lost, Glee.

Posted Mar 2, 2007 @ 12:57 AM

I sense a poll in our future. Does anyone know how to set that up, or is it mods only?

Firecracker1

Firecracker1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2007 @ 1:13 AM

I sense a poll in our future. Does anyone know how to set that up, or is it mods only?

Admit it kayaj2k. You just want to start a poll yourself. *snicker*

kayaj2k

kayaj2k

Fanatic

• Interests:(tv-wise): Farscape, Veronica Mars, Dexter, the Whedonverse, Deadwood, Shameless, Friday Night Lights, The Office, Jeopardy, The Daily Show, Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, Masterpiece Theatre, Mad Men, The X-Files, The Wire, True Blood, Burn Notice, Lost, Glee.

Posted Mar 2, 2007 @ 1:25 AM

Au contraire, I'm trying to get out of the actual work. ;)

AnnieF

AnnieF

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2007 @ 3:51 PM

I think we need to ask Jacob to set up a poll for us. My vote is for one a week. Two a week would be the maximum I could swing. There aren't enough hours in the day to do any more than that, reread recaps, and make intelligent comments. Darn days, all short and full ;)

kayaj2k

kayaj2k

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2007 @ 7:17 PM

One or two per week would be my preference too.

TrueMyth

TrueMyth

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2007 @ 2:27 AM

I'm in. I was a bit of a regular on the old Farscape thread, back when we only had the one, and I helped with the first couple Tubey's Kids auctions but I haven't been around these spiffy new forums much. Infact, my main stop has been the Newbie Impressions thread because I love reading new and insightful analysis of the episodes. So, again... IN.

And I think one a week, though maybe some special case for two-parters and trilogies? Farscape Friday returns?

Gouki

Gouki

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 3, 2007 @ 3:33 AM

I'm so up for this. Definitely. Need something to take my mind off Uni (and it's only been one week).

Firecracker1

Firecracker1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2007 @ 11:09 AM

And I think one a week, though maybe some special case for two-parters and trilogies? Farscape Friday returns?

Oh yes! Farscape Fridays!

belsum

belsum

Stalker

• Interests:Jigsaw puzzles, foreign languages (real and fake), reading, making costumes, popcorn, pirates, road trips

Posted Mar 3, 2007 @ 2:43 PM

Oh yeah. Farscape Fridays. It has to happen. Genius!

ellenrose

ellenrose

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 3, 2007 @ 3:47 PM

So happy to find this thread - have started watching FS over just recently and nearly through Season 1. But I can start over again anytime - who needs an excuse. I vote one per week too.

Jacob

Jacob

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2007 @ 5:49 PM

Okay, I set up the poll. One of the best upgrade features is that we can have multiple-choice polls, so I'm trying that out here.

Firecracker1

Firecracker1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2007 @ 5:53 PM

Perhaps it is just me (and that is entirely a possibility) but I don't see a poll.

I do see a line that says "You cannot view the result of this poll" but other than that.... no poll.

Poor poll-less me. *sigh* ;)

Edited by Firecracker1, Mar 3, 2007 @ 5:54 PM.

WickedChicken

WickedChicken

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 3, 2007 @ 6:02 PM

Oooh awesome idea! Since I didn't even know Farscape existed back when it was on, I've been feeling a little out of my element catching up on it as a newbie. It will be really great to get to watch again with a bunch of people!! Yay for my FIRST Farcape Fridays!

ETA: I can't see the poll either. Just the "You cannot view the results..." line.

Edited by WickedChicken, Mar 3, 2007 @ 6:04 PM.

lpl

lpl

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 3, 2007 @ 6:25 PM

Me, three on the poll...

I am entirely excited about Farscape Fridays - since the old DVDs have the SciFi spots that advertised the upcoming episode, I could really pretend that I am back in the old days, watching just the way I used to.

Sigh. I miss Farscape still...

Perii

Perii

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2007 @ 6:45 PM

I don't see a means of voting either---same message as those below note. (However, I think I might be the only one who is going to feel compelled to watch more than one a week.)

Jacob

Jacob

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2007 @ 7:34 PM

Better?

lpl

lpl

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 3, 2007 @ 7:47 PM

Much! But it does say that there are 0 Total Votes... However, the pretty bars make up for that...

Thanks!

Firecracker1

Firecracker1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2007 @ 1:58 AM

Better?

Much better. Thanks!

I voted. :)

lpl

lpl

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 4, 2007 @ 5:12 PM

Wow! We got 28 people who have voted in the poll so far. Are all these people really going to watch? Or are they just poll-chasers? We could have some incredible conversations if everyone joined in!

Firecracker1

Firecracker1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2007 @ 5:45 PM

28?!? Awesome. :)

By the way - The Beacon Guy mentioned "The Great Farscape Rewatch" in the most recent episode of The Scapecast.

I will ask him to mention it again when we get closer to our start date. :)

brandmed

brandmed

Fanatic

• Interests:Battlestar Galactica, Freaks and Geeks, X-Files, Simpsons, Firefly, Buffy the Vampie Slayer, Angel, 24, Farscape, How I Met Your Mother, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, Lost, Smallville, Saturday Night Live, My So-Called Life, Late Night with Conan O'Brien Reno 911!

Posted Mar 4, 2007 @ 6:31 PM

Oh man, I have not rewatched since my first time through several years ago. I've really been wanting to lately, but being in grad school, it's hard to find the time. Coming here and seeing this is awesome though. I could do this especially since it starts in summer. And I will have people to discuss things with.

Quizzical1

Quizzical1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2007 @ 7:38 PM

Glad to have you join us, brandmed!

Edited by Quizzical1, Mar 4, 2007 @ 7:38 PM.

Firecracker1

Firecracker1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2007 @ 12:25 PM

Welcome Everyone!

40 people have voted and presumably all want to join in the rewatch. Wow! I didn't think we would get such a great response. That is awesome. Can't wait to get started now. (Well - I am still waiting for my four disc Season One Starbursts - but they should be here any day now. *holds thumbs and wishes hard they will be here today*.)

Terrific!

Kanel

Kanel

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2007 @ 3:37 PM

Yay! I got my season 1 DVDs back today! I'm all set for the rewatch! *grabs popcorn*

Oh. May.

*considers*

No, I can't possibly wait that long. I'll just have to have a little rewatch prewatch all by myself to fill out the time until then. :-)