1-16: "Derailed" 2007.02.15 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

291 replies to this topic

leto

leto

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:00 PM

I think Christina and Marc may be my new OTP.

Justin continues to be the cutest thing ever.

Wilhemina kicks butt. Hot!Santos finally stopped acting like an ass.

Loved “The Chin” up until she decided to jump on Daniel. It totally felt like a retread of Sofia and God knows how much I hated that storyline.

Good episode overall.

whyistherumgone

whyistherumgone

Fanatic

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:00 PM

Am I the only one who is a bit ticked at Betty? I'm sorry, but unnecessary rudeness to innocent people, consciously or unconsciously, is not ok. I won't be as quick to forgive her for that. She's not really on my good side right now. Glad she didn't get her kiss. She didn't deserve it. She did deserve the smack in the face of Charlie staying, though.

On the other hand, love Daniel. That trick he played on "the Chin" about not really calling those girls was great, IMO. And Eric Mabius really should be shirtless MUCH more often.

And of course, Marc, Amanda, and Christina were great!

Wil and Alexis were fun to watch as well.

Hate them for using Justin Timberlicker music, though. Ick.

Edited by whyistherumgone, Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:01 PM.

gtieman

gtieman

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:01 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Once I get over my Henry/Betty depression I'll comment more.

But I'll join the Christina and Marc bandwagon. Loved his dancing.

PeachesNCream

PeachesNCream

Video Archivist

My love for Vanessa Williams knows no bounds. She punched Jerry O Connell in the face. In the FACE. She is the bestest bestest bestest character on this show.

"Donna Karan does it once every three years." PERFECT.

Someone throw a bajillion dollars at Rebecca Romijn to make her stay on this show. PLEASE.

You know, I wasn't as big a Henry fan as a lot of people were until last episode's, "Great, another friend." Now, count me on the Henry love train. Marry me, Gorham. And I like Charlie. God help me, I love the girl.

OMGSQUEEJUSTINTIMBERLAKE!!!!!!!!!!

*is thirteen again*

Angeepang

Angeepang

Video Archivist

Charlie from Heroes is Charlie from Arizona now? Crazy! I love how New York snow on television is never dirty. An okay episode IMO. I can't believe Betty stooped that low!

troycrazy8

troycrazy8

Fanatic

• Interests:Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin, Zachary Levi, Owain Yeoman, Jamie Bamber, Wentworth Miller, Kyle Chandler, David Boreanaz, Tahmoh Penikett, Lee Pace, John Krasinski, Paul Adelstein, Scott Patterson, Matthew Fox, Goran Visnjic, Eric Close, George Eads.<br /><br />Need I say more?

Totally cute episode, slightly marred by the fact that the D train doesn't stop at Chambers.

BooNasty0121

BooNasty0121

Fanatic

"I'll put out a Gay PB!" is my new favorite line.

ihateclownns

ihateclownns

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:02 PM

I was wondering how that guy hitting on Alexis could possibly not know who she/he was, but at least they showed that he did know at the end.

DeeeDee

DeeeDee

Stalker

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:02 PM

Marc, Amanda, Claire, Alexis, Wilhamena, Justin, Ignacio, Becks, Hilda & Santos = are all made of Win.

They Win at Life. [Izzy] Seriously [/Izzy]

Arcticglare

Arcticglare

Couch Potato

• Interests:Favorite Shows: Lost, Heroes, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty, American Idol, Gilmore Girls.

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:03 PM

I liked it, Christina/Marc could make an interesting duo.

Betty/Henry almost kiss!

Henry's girlfriend is Charlie on this show too, shout out! (She was Charlie on Heroes)

No new episode next week? I could of swore I read there was one on Feb 22.

Edited by Arcticglare, Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:04 PM.

Angeepang

Angeepang

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:03 PM

I wish they would give Justin his own spin-off show. I loved the Broadway musical in the subway! And hooray for Santos (and boo that I've been calling him Carlos this whole time) for sticking up for his kid.

rosjaq

rosjaq

Fanatic

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:04 PM

Marc is great with everyone. I loved Christina tonight for the first night ever.

Henry/Betty are breaking my heart. And so is Alexis. Great acting tonight, especially from Rebecca/Vanessa. But the moment that almost, nearly had me crying was Santos finally being a father - and standing up for Justin was a great one.

agsquared

agsquared

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:04 PM

Ooh, Betty should hallucinate more. Maybe I'll start seeing Amanda on the streets!

juliax

juliax

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:05 PM

Am I the only one who is a bit ticked at Betty? I'm sorry, but unnecessary rudeness to innocent people, consciously or unconsciously, is not ok. I won't be as quick to forgive her for that. She's not really on my good side right now.

She confessed right away, so I'm not ticked at her.

But the mess with Henry is her fault - she didn't tell him about Walter when he first asked her out and she gave him the old let's be friends line.

Henry, however, needs to listen to himself and end it now with Charlie if he doesn't love her.

Which clearly he doesn't.

TiffanyNichelle

TiffanyNichelle

Fanatic

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:06 PM

I missed the first half of the show but second half I saw was good. I loved Amanda popping up as different people in the subway system. I can't believe Betty told Henry she lost Charlie on purpose, ack!

As much as I love Justin, listen kid, no one appreciates a song and dance show when you're stuck on a non-moving train, alright? Sit down and shut up. That said, I'm glad Santos got in that homophobic asshole's face! Yeah Santos!!

So many things wrong with the Ugly Betty subway system, so little time.

How much did Willi rock punching out that jackass and then kicking him. Go Willi!

I couldn't stop laughing when I realized that Daniel had just called Becks. I'm glad that he understands that he's treated women badly in the past and there is growth because of that. But he doesn't need to prostrate himself and beg every single woman he's ever hurt for forgiveness. That's just bullshit.

Hate them for using Justin Timberlicker music, though. Ick.

I feel you on that. Blah.

Edited by TiffanyNichelle, Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:08 PM.

LateToTheFiesta

LateToTheFiesta

Fanatic

Is this the best show on television or what? I love every character on it.

cyn00

cyn00

Channel Surfer

Wilhemina: You're not here to stitch, you're here to snitch.
Marc: She needs some information, bitch!

Ha!

kenyaj

kenyaj

Stalker

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:07 PM

Cruel, cruel show! I can't believe they teased us that way with the Henry/Betty kiss. Argh! Still, good stuff with them tonight. I really enjoyed seeing Betty do something completely self-interested for once. Too bad it all blew up in her face. Now she'll probably never do anything selfish ever again. Bummer. *g*

Justin made his first misstep tonight, what with wanting the Fergie CD. Ewwww. But all's forgiven, because his "Hairspray" recreation on the subway was hilarious! Between him and the adorable Heather on this week's "Veronica Mars," I'm on cute kid overload right now.

Loved Daniel letting his inner bad boy come out to play by calling Becks (yum!) instead of all his former college flames. It's nice to see that he hasn't totally reformed his rakish ways. Plus, he and Betty continue to sparkle in all their scenes together. "Back then she was a mess. She had braces and glasses and this crazy hair -- which totally works, for some people." Hee! Betty's "excuse me?" reaction made it even more awesome.

Finally, I'm so glad that Wil is back on the warpath and making people's lives miserable. Yay!

memememe76

memememe76

Stalker

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:09 PM

I was a bit peeved at Betty's "He may have bigger dreams" line. Only insufferable metropolitan city people say that. Nothing wrong with being an accountant in Tucson.

And what exactly was Hilda gonna do with Ignacio's hair--there's so little of it!

LOVED Marc and Christina. Although the dress was lame. "Mode" written on the dress? I don't think so.

Rebecca is a terrific actress. She does vulnerability very well. For a second, I thought Wil set up that whole betting thing, so Wil could turn out to be the heroine at the end.

Terrific episode, all around.

DeeeDee

DeeeDee

Stalker

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:09 PM

But the moment that almost, nearly had me crying was Santos finally being a father - and standing up for Justin was a great one.

Word. KA was great & MI-AO's expressions were perfect.

Alexis bein rejected by Jerry O'Connell was heartbreaking too.

But RR nailed that scene. Absolutely nailed it.

libertad

libertad

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:10 PM

"I'll put out a Gay PB!" is my new favorite line.

For me, it's a tie between that one and "We still haven't met."

mystery sock

mystery sock

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:14 PM

Charlie from Heroes is Charlie from Arizona now? Crazy!

Oh good, so I'm not hallucinating. I thought that was rather cute.

Also? I forget the line exactly, but it was Marc, something like "She needs information, bitch! ....I thought we were rhyming." Awesome.

asweet7492

asweet7492

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:15 PM

Okay, Santos redeemed himself by not only standing up for his son, but also calling him mijo.

My love for Marc continues to grow apace.

I wasn't too thrilled with Rebecca Romijn and the whole sex change thing. I really thought the show might be jumping the shark already. But, I stand corrected. She's very good in the part. I might even have a girl crush working here.

Henry...sigh. He's so pretty.

There was a standing ovation at my house when Wili not only decked, but kicked, Jerry O'Connell. Seriously, we all find him kinda smarmy. Go Wili!!

Edited by asweet7492, Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:16 PM.

BaseballChica03

BaseballChica03

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:16 PM

I really liked this episode, particularly the interaction between some of the characters. Marc and Christina was unexpected, but I like that they actually bonded and Marc wasn't completely faking it. Deep down, he's not as evil as he wants us to think. I was also surprised that Santos came to Justin's aid as quickly as he did. He may not like it, but Justin is who he is. I don't expect any sort of miraculous turnaround, but it's a step in the right direction.

Amanda as Betty's subconscious bitch was great! I think it was kind of mean of Betty to let Charlie get lost on the subway like that, but I honestly don't think it was on purpose. Even as she was doing it, she had this, "OH GOD WHY AM I DOING THIS" look on her face. Poor Betty. Poor Henry. Poor Charlie, who seems nice enough except for the fact that there was no reason for her to be at Meade in the first place, which seems kind of clingy. (If she's so frightened, how did she get down there herself? Or was she just kind of hanging around the building all day? It didn't seem like she was looking around/waiting for Henry. Plus, dude, you're living with the guy at this point. There's no need for superextended hugs in the middle of his workplace cafeteria. Girl was like an octopus, if you noticed in the background when they zoomed in on Betty's sad face.)

"Hey, accountantman. Looking for Betty? She's down here." Heee!

Wilhemina punching Quinn Mallory in the face was beautiful. I feel kind of bad for her, but I don't think Alexis set out to screw her. It seems like she's just trying to retain some semblance of a family, and Daniel truly surprised her.

I was a bit peeved at Betty's "He may have bigger dreams" line. Only insufferable metropolitan city people say that. Nothing wrong with being an accountant in Tucson.

I don't know. Betty lives in a big city already, but she sees Manhattan as "bigger dreams" than Queensm which we've been over in other threads endlessly. (I don't mean to open up the "Queens isn't another planet" argument again, but I'm just sayin' that's how her character seems to see it.) Obviously something was enough to pull Henry away from Tuscon, so her statement probably has some merit.

Edited by BaseballChica03, Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:23 PM.

juliax

juliax

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:17 PM

I wasn't too thrilled with Rebecca Romijn and the whole sex change thing. I really thought the show might be jumping the shark already. But, I stand corrected. She's very good in the part. I might even have a girl crush working here.

Yeah, the plot annoyed me at first, but it's not bad. RR definitely is less annoying than Salma Hayek and the Sofia storyline.

catalina777

catalina777

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:17 PM

Rebecca is a terrific actress. She does vulnerability very well. For a second, I thought Wil set up that whole betting thing, so Wil could turn out to be the heroine at the end.

I've never seen RR act before. Last week she did so well with comedy and this week she nailed the emotional scenes. Will setting the bet up would of been awesome but I think I prefer the punch to the face and the stomp.

I knew Santos loved Justin. But it's nice to see him stick up for his son.

So Papa Meade is trying to protect his wife. I didn't see that one coming.

Mark, Christina and Will were just fun. Mark dancing was too much.

I can honestly say I like all the characters. That hardly ever happens.

Great show tonight....as always.

asweet7492

asweet7492

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:20 PM

Yeah, the plot annoyed me at first, but it's not bad. RR definitely is less annoying than Salma Hayek and the Sofia storyline.

WORD!!

Candy Darling

Candy Darling

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:20 PM

"Are you going to kill me?" Ha! That line had me laughing out loud. The Chin seemed pretty crazy at first. Actually, I'm not convinced she's all good. Thoughts?

BaseballChica03

BaseballChica03

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:25 PM

Actually, I'm not convinced she's all good. Thoughts?

I think she gave it up too easy. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but given her long-standing grudge, it seems like there's something more to it.

Edited by BaseballChica03, Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:25 PM.

Anakela21

Anakela21

Couch Potato

• Interests:TV I like: Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy (sometimes), House, WWE (yep- chick that watches wrestling), cheesy Lifetime movies, Desperate Housewives (not season 2), My So-Called Life, Lost (season one), Silk Stalkings. TV I don't: 'reality' tv- I don't do Survivor or American Idol or any of that...although I did enjoy the first season of Queer Eye. I am also into movies, theatre, the Dixie Chicks and Metallica.

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:26 PM

So many things wrong with the Ugly Betty subway system, so little time.

Seriously- the D train to Chambers? From 23rd Street station in Queens. Who huh what?

Although I love the fact that after a year I am enough of a New Yorker that the subway was totally distracting to me. :)

And I'm sorry, line of the night totally has to be:
"I'm not one of your flying monkeys Wilhemina."
"Like hell you aren't I gave you your wings!"

Rebecca Romijn was so great, at the end of the bar scene and in the limo with Willie (Willi?) after- RR totally nailed it with the emotion.

Love Santos wanting to hear more about "the Hairspray." I like the realism of this character, how he's still not sure about Justin being Justin, but 1- he doesn't let anyone else get away with messing with his kid, and 2- Santos isn't all changed overnight in one very special episode.

Can not believe The Chin didn't know that Daniel wasn't really calling those people- those office phones totally have call displays on them. Maybe The Chin is up to something. And The Chin should totally hook up with whats his face from Grey's Anatomy who also talked about himself in the third person like that.

And- Angela Bower was going to turn herself in, but ended up driving home first?

And I know they're together in real life and all, but did anyone else watch the bar scene going "girl- you're Rebecca freaking Romijn, you can do so much better than Jerry O'Connell?" I mean- during the basketball playing and such, before the reveal of the bet, I was a little distracted by her hotness and his notness.

Edited by Anakela21, Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:33 PM.