Jordin Sparks: I Who Am 17

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

3164 replies to this topic

Rum Punch

Rum Punch

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 9, 2011 @ 11:58 PM

Watched the Packers/Saints NFL season opener last night, and was happy to see Jordin Sparks singing the National Anthem. She sounded pretty great, and I swear she gets more beautiful each time I see her. Considering she was about a 9 1/2 on a scale of 10 back in her Idol days, that's saying something. She's like a 12 now.

Make It So

Make It So

Stalker

Posted Dec 27, 2011 @ 6:21 PM

Looking forward to Jordin starring in the remake of the movie Sparkle with Whitney Houston this upcoming year. I hope this role leads to much more well-deserved success for Jordin.

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 9:31 PM

I didn't know they were remaking this. In my youth, the original Sparkle was a big thing and I see she has the Irene Cara role. With Whitney's death there will probably be much more scrutiny of this film. I didn't see Jordin's Idol season but I've liked her when I've seen her. The good part for her is that it's a film that is about singing. Hopefully they put together some good songs for it.

intuitive

intuitive

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 6:59 AM

This film could become iconic since Whitney is in it. They are both beautiful women and I do hope Whitney shines. As tragic as Whitney's death is, the event could be a huge boost to Jordan's career. I certainly don't mean that the film wouldn't have been a success anyway but, now, it'll be a must see.

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 12:28 AM

Thought Jordin did great tonight at the Billboard awards. She's a beautiful girl too.

Make It So

Make It So

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 1:17 PM

Completely agree! A lot of pressure, but she handled it wonderfully. The audience loved it, too.

SunFun

SunFun

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 2:02 PM

She looked beautiful on the Billboard Awards, and her performance was a high point of the show for me. She really has an excellent voice.

Make It So

Make It So

Stalker

Posted Aug 19, 2012 @ 11:40 PM

I saw Sparkle. I enjoyed the movie, and feel that Jordin did a good job for her first time being cast as a lead in a big-screen picture. She's got the look for movies, and it is good that they showcased her singing as well, which is probably the main purpose for casting her. It's nice that she was able to bring what was necessary to the acting in addition to the singing.

Syma

Syma

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 20, 2012 @ 11:49 PM

Sparkle is a good movie. I hope that the movie will build up some buzz, so that more people will go and see it.

Make It So

Make It So

Stalker

Posted Aug 21, 2012 @ 11:26 PM

Jordin truly shines and delivers during the penultimate and finale numbers in the movie. This should be a much bigger breakout moment for her than winning AI.

joylove

joylove

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 22, 2012 @ 9:14 PM

I also saw Sparkle last weekend and really enjoyed it. I agree that Jordin did pretty well, especially considering it was her first role. Her song at the end gave me goosebumps when I watched it in the theater, and it still gives me goosebumps days (and about 20 replays) later. I also love her version of "Look Into Your Heart." Looks like the movie did pretty well, making $11 million with a $14 million budget.

Even though I thought she was massively overpimped during her time on Idol and gave some of the worst performances I've ever heard from a winner before Lee Dewyze, IMO she also gave some of the best performances. "I (Who Have Nothing)" is one of my all-time favorites, and "Broken Wing" was great, too. I'm happy she continues to have success, and I hope it continues.

Make It So

Make It So

Stalker

Posted Aug 28, 2012 @ 9:41 PM

Putting the mixed reviews from critics aside, everyone I know that has seen Sparkle enjoyed it. Some plan to see it again.  Jordin did a nice job, and her performance of 'One Wing' at the end was 'a moment', indeed.

I've read that she's already cast in an upcoming movie.

Syma

Syma

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 28, 2012 @ 11:12 PM

Jordin and Jennifer Hudson have been cast in the movie "The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete." Jordin may be in at least one more movie that will be released before the year is out.

skompton

skompton

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 2:47 AM

Congrats to Jordin, who co-wrote the new Ariana Grande song The Way (featuring Mac Miller). The song is currently #1 on iTunes.

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:27 PM

I finally saw Sparkle. I thought Jordin was quite appealing but thought the film was mediocre.