Cycle 8 Speculation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

702 replies to this topic

Potes

Potes

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2007 @ 1:02 PM

Speculate away. No spoilers here, though. Thanks.

Dolphincorn

Dolphincorn

Fanatic

• Interests:Laughing at misfortune, rooting for the villians, egging on the bitches.

Posted Feb 8, 2007 @ 3:44 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that this season will be as craptacular as the previous seven. I know it will be hard to keep up that sort of momentum, but I have faith in Tyra, even if she is fat.

lindseyquinn

lindseyquinn

Fanatic

• Interests:binder clips (large), Body Pump (minus lunges), coffee, the color wheel, crafting, crosswords, design, diet soda, DIY, Edward Gorey, Google Reader, elliptical machines, ephemera, exfoliation, Hello Kitty, the hot glue gun, kawaii, kittens (most especially Zooey Grace), Locks of Love, Martha Stewart, McSweeney’s, Milton Glaser, mockery, naps, Readymade, Scrabble, silhouettes, sushi, This American Life, TV, TWoP, Urban Decay, worry dolls, writing, yarn, yoga, 42, '80s night

Posted Feb 8, 2007 @ 3:51 PM

but I have faith in Tyra, even if she is fat.

LOL. That was just the afternoon pick-me-up I needed. Thank you, dolphincorn.

Cain

Cain

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2007 @ 4:58 PM

I speculate that Dionne will be the first girl eliminated, just because she's not cute, and not interesting.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Feb 8, 2007 @ 5:33 PM

That's no arbiter about how things are going to go. Tyra has had cycles and cycles of not cute girls. This is no different.

And Dolphincorn I still say that Tyra is not fat. She just has horrid taste. As long as that chick doesn't shop at Lane Bryant's and Avenue and can get into regular standard sizes she can kiss my big behind.

Dolphincorn

Dolphincorn

Fanatic

• Interests:Laughing at misfortune, rooting for the villians, egging on the bitches.

Posted Feb 8, 2007 @ 5:38 PM

Sorry, but I misunderstood the headline of the People magazine with Tyra on the cover. I didn't notice the question mark and read it as an imperative: "You, call this fat!"

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Feb 8, 2007 @ 5:45 PM

Well, that's understandable as Tyra seems to want to be fat. Why, she declared it on her show so it has to be true. Tyra will not stop until she has conquered everything there is to conquer. I'm waiting for her cancer cure.

Revive

Revive

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2007 @ 5:57 PM

Total shot in the dark, but here are my elimination speculations.

13. Renee
12. Kathleen
11. Cassandra
10. Felicia
9. Samantha
8. Whitney
7. Natasha
6. Jaslene
5. Brittany
4. Jael
3. Diana
2. Dionne
1. Sarah

Funkybeat

Funkybeat

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2007 @ 6:41 PM

13. Dionne
12. Felicia
11. Natasha
10. Cassandra
9. Whitney
8. Brittany
7. Jaslene
6. Jael
5. Renee
4. Kathleen
3. Samantha
2. Diana
1. Sarah

duckierose

duckierose

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2007 @ 6:46 PM

Funkybeat,

I could totally get behind that order.

Revive

Revive

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2007 @ 7:02 PM

Are we doing orders of who we want to win, or who we think will win? It can be confusing. And Funkybeat, I would love to see Dionne and Felicia booted in the first two weeks.

Trave

Trave

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2007 @ 8:56 PM

13. Brittany
12. Cassandra
11. Jael
10. Dionne
9. Whitney
8. Natasha
7. Renee
6. Kathleen
5. Jaslene
4. Felicia
3. Jaslene
2. Diana
1. Sarah

Did it in like 2 minutes so not the biggest evaluation ever, and most likely will change when the time comes.

Edited by Trave, Feb 8, 2007 @ 8:56 PM.

analystic

analystic

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 8, 2007 @ 10:41 PM

Well, I speculate this cycle will be awesome.

goblyn

goblyn

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2007 @ 8:05 AM

Oh I'll jump on the elimination bandwagon too:

13. Sarah (hehe)
12. Dionne
11. Brittany
10. Cassandra
9. Whitney
8. Natasha
7. Felicia
6. Jael
5. Jaslene
4. Renee
3. Kathleen
2. Samantha
1. Diana

charmena

charmena

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2007 @ 11:20 AM

I see 'em going like this:

13. Cassandra
12. Renee
11. Whitney
10. Felicia
9. Jael
8. Natasha
7. Diana
6. Brittany
5. Kathleen
4. Samantha
3. Dionne (y'all know it's going to happen, don't act like ya don't know)
2. Jaslene
1. Sarah (they're going to want an "intelligent, articulate spokesperson who can be a role model and also be FIERCE on the runway!" this cycle)

analystic

analystic

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 9, 2007 @ 3:20 PM

I'm noticing that Natasha's consistantly being ranked as a middle-elimination in the predictions so far :(

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Feb 9, 2007 @ 6:13 PM

I just don't see Renee making it far because of her mom status. I can see Diana going overseas but not to the top.

In no particular order my final four would be Brittany, Kathleen, Samantha and Sarah.

Right now I'm not loving any of them. I need to see them in action.

Edited by milkyaqua, Feb 9, 2007 @ 6:19 PM.

Caycee

Caycee

Stalker

Posted Feb 9, 2007 @ 7:45 PM

Are there going to be second photos?

I certainly hope so.

Bring on the fug! Minus a few of them.

Maxam

Maxam

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 10, 2007 @ 2:26 PM

ROFL mmkay here are my speculations:

The deal with Brittany: I really don't know. I'm guessing she'll go far, because she has so much (In Tyra voice) potential!!!

The deal with Cassandra: UCH eew ew ew ew!!! She is fug, and nothing can change that. She will NOT make it far. She is this season's Megg.

The deal with Diana: She'll be kept farther than the other plus size girl, simply because the other one is fug. Also, since this season Tyra's all like "OMG I WANT FAT GIRLS" this one will probably be kept around for a LOOONG time (AKA past her stay) just cuz a' that.

The deal with Dionne: She's mega-fug, and will make it to the second or third episode. Maaaybe fourth.

The deal with Felicia: Yuck! If Tyra sees the ho in this one, she won't make it far. If Tyra has a delayed reaction in realizing the fug, then this one will be staying past her expiration date.

The deal with Jael: Yea she's creepy, but who knows. She could totally turn it out. She is this season's AJ/Adrianne/Lisa. I have a feeling she won't be cut within the first three episodes, but beyond that nothing's safe for this girl.

The deal with Jaselene: OK so we already know she's FUNNY. That will keep her 5 or 6 episodes in. If she's a bitch on top of that, she'll get it an episode or two into the international destination. If she takes geat photos, be prepared to see her in the final four. HOWEVER, I don't think Tyra would let her into the final three. Otherwise, her enmity towards tranny-ness would be totally null! Also, I can imagine the conversations between Jas' and Miss Jay:

J: "Gurrrlll you betta' WORK IT"

Jas: "It's hard with this stick up my butt!"

J: "Gurrrlll I have a stick too, but you don't see ME not workin it!"

The deal with Kathleen: She is another Bre. She might take awful photos or not, but her personality will take her up there. Final two material, though? HA HA no. I like Kathleen, though. Even if she turns out to be a bitch, I'll still love her. She reminds me of Brandy (yea, i'm talkin bout the afro), and I LOOOVED Brandy. *gets killed by other TWOP'ers*

The deal with Natasha: Ooh an ethnic and sexy beauty! This one is another conditional probability case: If she is a bitch with horrible photos, she'lls make it half-way through the competiton. If she has great photos but is a bitch, she will make it well into the international destination episodes. If she's nice with great photos, she'll make it to the final two (But this one is NOT WINNING because the special girl never wins. It's always the "who'se that?" girl who turned it out (Adrianne the pot-head? Yoanna the ex-fatty and meek? Eva the short? Naima the loser? Nicole the whiny? Danielle the gap-toothed? CariDee the uncontrollable? It was all so improbable!!!)

The deal with Renee: I agree with RichJuz here in saying that she is this season's Ann. All you guys call her mAnn, though! But I think Ann and Renee are hot!!! Anyway, this one will make it far. Atleast half-way through the competition.

The deal with Samantha: Are my eyes decieving me? A JEW on ANTM?!?!? Well who knows, she might not be, but she sure does LOOK Jewish! Hooray!! *Does the Horrah for my people* Anyway, this one is like Britanny, because she's a total wild card. I think this one can take great photos, and she'll make it far. This girl is definitely a candidate for winning.

The deal with Sarah: Everyone loooves Sarah, don't they? She's tall, albino-ish, and modelly looking. Well bitches, this is America's Next Top Models, and girls that totally fit the model mold DONT WIN. I'd be surprised if this one won. However, she'll probably make it far.

The deal with Whitney: Ahh poor Whitney. Tyra says that it'll be nice for the plus size girls to have another one they can relate with, but did Tyra think, "What if one of the plus size girls is noticably uglier than the other?" And so this girl is our sob story of the season. She'll make it at most three episodes.

ALRIGHT I hope this wasn't a waste of time for you guys, but this IS the Cycle 8 speculation thread, and these were my loong long long winded speculations. I should get my own blog, shouldn't I? hm.

Also, this season has no girls from Cali? Oh my, good, cuz I was getting TOO proud of my state. Last season was a joke with how many Californians there were. It's like "We need something shiny, but isn't gold. I know! Let's dip our hand in the *gasp* bucket of GOLD!" duh, Of COURSE beautiufl people are from California *looks in mirror*

Edited by Maxam, Feb 10, 2007 @ 2:34 PM.

Dorr185

Dorr185

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 10, 2007 @ 5:34 PM

13. Felicia
12. Jael
11. Dionne
10. Brittany
9. Natasha
8. Jaslene
7. Diana
6. Cassandra
5. Samantha
4. Renee
3. Kathleen
2. Sarah
1. Whitney

jsm1125

jsm1125

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2007 @ 6:48 PM

Early predictions (taken with a grain of salt):

13. Natasha (blonde-going-out-first trend will start again)
12. Brittany (reminds me of C4 Sarah, and Sarah was the 2nd cut)
11. Cassandra (fug will eventually catch up to her)
10. Jael ("wild child" so she says she'll get Megg'ed)
9. Samantha (shocker elimination)
8. Kathleen (Will go in the middle of the pack, not Brandy'ed, but not Bre'ed)
7. Whitney (b/c Tyra's not bringing 2 plus-sized girls overseas)
6. Dionne (eventually, Tyra realizes that she's fug and will get eliminated Jaeda'ed)
5. Renee (BS elimination will come up, I think, for some reason)
4. Diana (Tyra fools us into believing that a plus-sized girl will make it to the final episode)
3. Felicia (token black girl who makes it too far, for no good reason)
2. Jaslene (I don't know why I think she'll make it this far, but it's an early prediction)
1. Sarah (5th Sara(h), and TPTB will think that the 5th time's a charm)

C0mputerGeek

C0mputerGeek

Stalker

Posted Feb 10, 2007 @ 7:01 PM

My speculation on the elimination order:

13. Samantha - because there is a spoiler that she does not do the first photo shoot.
12. Jael - because there is a spoiler that she is not interested in the industry.
11. Whitney - because she looks nothing like a model.
10. Kathleen - because (please God, let her go early) of her irritating, "Tyra you are so pretty," comments in the preview videos.
9. Cassandra - because she is a tree fairy and only humans are eligible for this prize.
8. Sarah - because she looks modelesque and Tyra would never let someone with potential win ANTM.
7. Diana 6'1" - because she looks nothing like a model.
6. Brittany - because she looks nothing like a model.
5. Felicia - because there is a spoiler that she makes it overseas but does not win.
4. Renee - because she is neither plus sized nor high fashion sized and the mom angle will have worn off by this time.
3. Dionne - because she is bitch enough to take it to the final three but not likable enough to become a Cover Girl.
2. Natasha - because she is neither plus sized nor high fashion sized and there is a spoiler that one of the larger models is one of the final two.
1. Jaslene 5'9" - because she is a good height and a good size (a size 2) and not too old.

Edited by C0mputerGeek, Feb 10, 2007 @ 8:13 PM.

Yoohoostereo

Yoohoostereo

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2007 @ 7:59 PM

In my world of eliminating on looks and not on drama or trying to meet (or change) standards (based only on the pictures on CW website and nothing else):

13: Dionne
12: Brittany
11: Cassandra
10: Whitney
9: Natasha
8: Felicia
7: Renee
6: Kathleen
5: Jael
4: Samantha
3: Jaslene
2: Diana
1: Sarah

metal666

metal666

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 10, 2007 @ 8:41 PM

I usally don't think about the first few eliminations untill I see the girls in action, but my final few predictions:

Jael because I think she be like Lisa, good but crazy and not cover girl material
Jaslene she was let back in, I see her going the way of Michel on project runway, falling apart towards the end
Samantha is the pretty girl who can't 'step it up'
Dionne seems to be the bitch
One of the plus girls will make the final three just because it's Tyrant's show
Along with some one who I hate like Brittany or Sarah, the 'high fashion one'

Oh and Jael is Jewish.

Oholibamah

Oholibamah

Stalker

Posted Feb 11, 2007 @ 6:17 PM

At this point, I can't fathom the final four NOT being Kathleen, Sarah, Samantha and Diana. TPTB, please grant me this one wish?

Yuck... I've seen one photo of these bitches and I'm already attached.

Kapsberger

Kapsberger

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2007 @ 10:46 AM

This is part speculation and part nightmare: I'm living in terror of S9 being a season-long, soft-focus, Very Special Episode of The Tyra Banks Show about loving your inner and outer bigness. I'm somewhat comforted in the fact that FatGate happened after or close to the end of filming, so maybe she didn't have the opportunity to work in extra forced-therapy sessions for the girls with Mama. Or "acting" exercises with her "acting" "coach" wherein the girls are asked to scream and cry about their fatness or lack thereof.

soma

soma

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 12, 2007 @ 11:01 AM

Or has them do a photo shoot where they are all in fat suits.

Actually, that would be awesome.

Kapsberger

Kapsberger

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2007 @ 1:57 PM

Or has them do a photo shoot where they are all in fat suits.

Or, in a similar vein, those Sumo wrestler suits.

Dolphincorn

Dolphincorn

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2007 @ 3:32 PM

Or, in a vein that is similar to that similar vein, with their head shots photoshopped onto Tyra's fat pics.

Trave

Trave

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2007 @ 5:24 PM

Considering this is the speculation board, call me crazy but I don't think you should line the girls up according to spoilers because it kind of hints hat type of spoliers are out there. =/ That's just me.