1-14: "I'm Coming Out" 2007.02.01 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

321 replies to this topic

leto

leto

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:00 PM

I thought this episode was just okay overall. There was too much going on and Betty and Hilda were both really annoying me. Between Betty and Hildaís nonstop screeching, I was ready to pull my hair out and the sappy 30 second reconciliation at the end of the episode just didn't cut it.

Totally creeped out when Daniel started to hit on his brother. Thank god we didnít have to see it. Alexís reveal to Daniel was great though.

Danielís friend is such a tool, but heís still hot.

And finally, I still adore Justin, EvilMarc and Amanda.

Erykakane

Erykakane

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:00 PM

I.love.this.show! Justin as Wils seeing-eye boy. Mark and Amanda lovelovelove. This show just keeps getting better and better. Ironically, Betty has the most boring story now, but I guess that is the sign of a great show when you have a ton of supporting characters that draw you in.

I just hope that Betty doesnít become Susan from Desperate housewives, forcing us to hold our breath until someone else appears on screen.

. . . but not nearly as fantastic as the return of the Wilhelmina/Jason (hee!) pairing. I am desperate for the two of them to get their own spin-off show, with occasional appearances by Marc and Amanda, who should have their own spin-off.

I was sooo thinking the same thing. I could watch those four forever.

I almost forgot.. " I know a kind in the 6th grade who sales crack."

Edited by Erykakane, Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:31 PM.

DeeeDee

DeeeDee

Stalker

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:01 PM

Love this show. Love it to pieces.

agsquared

agsquared

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:01 PM

Damn, I love this show. I can totally feel for Betty in terms of her feelings toward Hilda.

And the ending? Scandalous! Also, I can totally see Justin as Wil's assistant in the future, because we know she'll never die.

rosjaq

rosjaq

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:02 PM

Totally creeped out when Daniel started to hit on his brother. Thank god we didnít have to see it.

Word. I was screeching like Hilda when the flirting reached InYay? proportions.

bleyattacks

bleyattacks

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:03 PM

I don't care how martini-influenced this was: I cried like it was my job during the Suarez Sisters bonding scene. Also, I love this show.

gtieman

gtieman

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:03 PM

Okay, I am officially too attached becuase I am really P.O. right now. It was like b---- week at Mode. But yay Henry and his pop and lock dance.

kinkyprude

kinkyprude

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:04 PM

Anything that was wrong with this episode (and there were some things) was forgiven in the reaction shots of Evil!Marc, Amanda, Hilda and Justin with the Alex/is reveal at the end.
So. Awesome.

OraBrooch

OraBrooch

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:05 PM

Having a "duck quack off on your face" might be the greatest line in the history of ever.

ShadowDenizen

ShadowDenizen

Fanatic

Loved this episode.
I think Vanessa Williams is vastly underrated, and truly know how to bring the funny.

ANd the "Scandalous" ending sequence? Awesome!

Word.
And, if I'm not mistaken, he's played by Bailey Chase (best know as "Graham" from the Initiative on "Buffy"), who is super-hot!

Edited by ShadowDenizen, Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:06 PM.

rtms

rtms

Couch Potato

• Interests:TV

I agree Betty and Hilda were just grating on my nerves this ep. Betty was so not herself, too much in control I thought for someone who doesn't seem to command respect out side the office and Daniel. Loved Marc and Amanda.

Love Justine being Wilie's new "boy" helper. He needs to do more of that with her, they were great together.

Mindymoo

Mindymoo

Fanatic

• Interests:I'm a musician, a student, a liberal, and I have my own little craft business. To allow you to get to know me, here are my top tens, in no particular order.<br /><br />Music: Pink Floyd. Grateful Deadl Frank Zappa. Nick Drake. Bob Dylan. Donovan. Warren Zevon. Van Morrison. Yes. The Who.<br /><br />Movies: Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Pulp Fiction. The Wall. Harold and Maude. The Godfather. Dr. Strangelove. Take the Money and Run. Die, Mommy, Die. Chinatown.<br /><br />TV: The Sopranos. The Twilight Zone. The Daily Show. The Shield. Kids in the Hall. SCTV. Blackadder. Monty Python's Flying Circus. Absolutely Fabulous. Dexter.<br /><br />Books: The Glass Castle. Darkly Dreaming Dexter. The Audacity of Hope. Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers. Night. Anything by Al Franken, Jon Stewart, Truman Capote, Hunter S. Thompson, and David Sedaris.<br /><br />Hobbies: Singing. Playing music. Making music. Sewing. Writing. Photography. Reading. Watching TV. Watching movies. Shopping.

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:06 PM

Awesome show tonight. Henry was too cute, as always, and I couldn't stand Hilda AT ALL. Ignacio's caseworker is one funny, creepy lady. Her "hot and spicy" line gave me giggle fits.

I can't wait until next week.

agsquared

agsquared

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:06 PM

But yay Henry and his pop and lock dance.

Yeah, um, I think I'm seriously in love with him and his sublime dorkiness.

TiffanyNichelle

TiffanyNichelle

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:08 PM

OMG Wow! At first I was annoyed that Alex/Alexis revealed herself to Daniel so soon. I thought that would have made a great season finale. But that end scene with her revealing herself to Bradford was freaking awesome! And it stopped the super creepy Alexis/Daniel flirtation.

Gah, Hilda really pissed me off tonight. I want to stay in Queens away from Betty's turf. I hated that she just breezed in there and everyone loved her right away while Betty had to fight for everything she's gotten and she's still fighting. I'm just glad we didn't get a scene of Amanda and Marc becoming fans of Hilda. I can't believe she kissed Daniel. Who was obviously drunk and hurting, nice move Hilda. I loved it when Betty read her the riot act.

Amanda, Marc, and the Eternal 18/Forever 21 thing cracked me up. Though I'm not sure the fur skirt would be that big of a hit there. Justin helping Wil was adorable. And how hot is Daniel's jerk friend Becks? I didn't even recognize Bailey Chase at first.

mysticowl

mysticowl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:08 PM

I loved Mark and Amanda, as usual. And Justin is so great with Wilhelmina, they should do more scenes together.

I see they decided not to draw out the "Will the Meades find out?" storyline, which is an interesting choice.

Yay for Betty and Henry! More Henry please. They're so great together. I wish Walter stayed lost and forgotten, but Betty had no scenes with him, so that's reassuring.

Tim Gunn! I loved seeing Tim Gunn! Make it work.

asweet7492

asweet7492

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:09 PM

I am totally crushing on Henry. Walter needs to leave NOW.

If Vanessa Williams isn't nominated for an Emmy...

And was that Gina Gershon under the blond wig and insanely bad accent?

kenyaj

kenyaj

Stalker

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:11 PM

God, I love this show. It's the absolute bright spot in my week. That's why I'll forgive the lame Katherine McPhee cameo.

Plus the producers more than made up for it with the Tim Gunn cameo. The combined awesomeness of Tim and this show was too fantastic for words . . .

. . . but not nearly as fantastic as the return of the Wilhelmina/Jason (hee!) pairing. I am desperate for the two of them to get their own spin-off show, with occasional appearances by Marc and Amanda, who should have their own spin-off.

I was hating Hilda there for a while this week, but she managed to redeem herself by the end of the night. And now that she's seen how freaking adorable Henry is, she'd better be on Team Henry and realize he's so much better for Betty than Walter. I loved the explosion of the sibling rivalry between Betty and Hilda tonight after it had been simmering all season long. It's so realistic and true to life, and I love the complexity and depth the writers have given their relationship.

Finally, I'm glad they didn't drag the Alexis reveal out forever. On a lesser show, we'd have to wait weeks and weeks for everyone to learn the truth. Thankfully, they got it all out in the open and let the fireworks commence. I have to say, I wasn't excited to hear that Rebecca Romiijn was going to be on the show, but so far, I'm really enjoying her in the role, and I can't wait to see what Alexis is going to do next.

Hawkwild

Hawkwild

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:12 PM

Wow. This was like 85% A+ episode, and 15% B-. ITA that the Betty/Hilda stuff just grated. But everything else was so freaking perfect. Justin's exchange with Wili was spot on. That kid's got great line delivery. "Mistake?" "Huge. Looks like a mailbox." So deadpan.

Even the bit players got great lines: Caseworker Boyfriend: "You've got to ride that squishy train all the way to your destination." HAAA!

ETA: how could I forget Marc and Amanda? Oh. My. God. They are just too adorable together. And how does a line like "You can't even afford to cruise the 17th floor mens room" get on during the "family hour?" <g> (Not objecting mind you, but I'm amazed at how racy this show gets. I love it!)

And was that Gina Gershon under the blond wig and insanely bad accent?

Yes. Yes it was.

Edited by Hawkwild, Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:16 PM.

catalina777

catalina777

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:15 PM

There was a lot going on tonight. Maybe too much happened.

There were some great one liners and fantastic duos. Love Amanda & Marc, Fabia & Wilhemenia and Justin & Wilhemenia.

Constance cracks me up. I knew she was going get all fatal attraction on Nacho. Ride the squishy train indeed!

I was surprised that Alexis told Daniel first. Interesting dynamic there. The reveal at the end was classic with awesome reaction shots from Justin, Betty, Amanda and Mark.

The preview with Daniel saying he can't hit a girl and Alexis takes his hand and starts slapping him in the face saying "well can you hit yourself" was so funny. It's such a brother and sister type of argument.

Edited by catalina777, Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:44 PM.

valny

valny

Stalker

I thought this was the funniest ep so far. I know I laughed at this one more than any other.

Ignacio's caseworker is one funny, creepy lady

I loved her. "Igancio!" So she was just using these guys for some lovin'? Was that her scam?

Where the hell do I know him from? I know someone will know.

So did Alexis tell the cops to be there? I'm still a bit fuzzy on that storyline.

"Here, catch the McPheever" Heh.

Caitz

Caitz

Couch Potato

• Interests:Writing, reading, TV, movies, internet, travel, swimming, animals, Shakespeare, mythology

The Betty/Hilda stuff is getting old. And I thought Betty was supposed to be the favored sister. I guess that's just within the family. Still, UGH.

Katherine McPhee, who I have nothing against, irritated me with a pointless publicity stunt to sell records. And Walter, who I have plenty against, was fine. Can't he just be Betty's friend?

I'm not sure whether to love or hate the idea of Constance/Ignacio.

Jusin/Wili and Marc/Amanda. Nothing can every withhold the adorableness. End of story.

Aw, Christina...

Henry, my awesome piece of geek!love boy, stop having no faults. I can't adore characters who don't ever make me want to slap them; I just can't. It's in my contract. I WANNA ADORE YOU NO HOLDS BARRED. *cough*

Poor Daniel. I want to hug him. Holy therapy, Batman! And EM did a great job dipping into real drama when he was yelling at Alexis.

The delivery of funny lines today was AWESOME. Srsly.

I want those teddy bears.

And, um...BETTY SUAREZ FOR PRESIDENT! YAY!

Edited by Caitz, Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:20 PM.

In Love with UB

In Love with UB

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:20 PM

I **LOVE** this show. Henry was incredible with his pop-n-lock routine and asking Betty if it was too nerdy. That made me laugh! Getting her A t-shirt that fit! I am swooning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Hilda again, even though it was not fair that she stole the spotlight from Betty! I am so glad that she saw how awesome and put-together Betty is.

I agree that this particular episode was a bit schizophrenic. For what it is worth, I *TOTALLY* (like Amanda would say) agree that the audience does not have to wait too long for everyone's issues to come out!

Edited by In Love with UB, Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:20 PM.

TiffanyNichelle

TiffanyNichelle

Fanatic

Henry pop locking for Betty was adorable.

msrayrudd

msrayrudd

Fanatic

I agree that the Betty/Hilda stuff was a bit annoying, but I found myself more annoyed with Hilda and ultimately siding with Betty. Betty herself seemed a little off tonight, but I could totally understand her not wanting her sister on her turf at Mode.

Then Hilda kisses drunk Daniel? What's that's about?

Everything else was awesome though. I can't say enough about it.

DeeeDee

DeeeDee

Stalker

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:21 PM

Becks = Bailey "Graham Miller Of BtVS" Chase.

Munchiewoman

Munchiewoman

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:21 PM

I winced when Daniel told Alexis that he was glad to be out from under Alex's shadow. I wish he could have been as real with her as he was with Betty last week. Things would have gone so much differently if he had.

LOVED wil and Justin. LOVED it. I want more of that.

Marc having to "be a man" to get the skirt cracked my shit up. The faces he was making!

I was the Betty to my sister's Hilda, so I totally feel for Betty tonight. No matter how old you get or how good your life is, that insecure feeling can come back in the quickest flash when the Hilda invades your life and takes over. It sucks big time.

Pop-locking Henry? Too adorable for words. Please let her kick Walter to the curb and get some Henry action.

I thought Wil said, "duck whack off in your face" but I suppose that's a product of my dirty mind.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

• Interests:http://www.biblegateway.com/

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:26 PM

Too much was going on in this episode; I'm really going to have watch again to comment properly.

But anyway, there were a lot of funny moments; especially with Marc and Amanda!

Really surprised they didn't drag out the reveal of Alex.

Fabia and Wilhemina: both hilarious!

TiffanyNichelle

TiffanyNichelle

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:28 PM

Daniel’s friend is such a tool, but he’s still hot.

And he was on As The World Turns for a while as Chris Hughes. He and Amanda were very hot together. Can he stay and hook up with her?

I winced when Daniel told Alexis that he was glad to be out from under Alex's shadow.

I didn't hate that line so much. I hated that Alexis had an attitude about Bradford "moving on". Like they were supposed to just stay in place while you faked your death for two years. Ass.

Edited by TiffanyNichelle, Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:32 PM.

last minute

last minute

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:28 PM

Oh my, how I love this show. My neighbors must think I'm nuts with all the talking at the tv I do during this show.

Vanessa Williams is at least 17 different kinds of awesome. I never thought much of her before this show, but now I'm totally her bitch.

Bring on the Hilda hate. I'm with those who thought she just grated. But could she possibly have a cooler kid than Justin? I don't think that's possible. I loved it when he hijacked the keys and stood in the doorway dressed to the nines telling his mom and aunt how things were gonna go.

DeeeDee

DeeeDee

Stalker

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 9:31 PM

And he was on As The World Turns for a while as Chris Hughes.

Yup. He was adorable there too (if a little wooden).