Carisa Perez-Fuentes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

131 replies to this topic

Mr. Sobell

Mr. Sobell

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 31, 2007 @ 10:12 PM

An interior design student hailing from the great state of New Jersey, and yet another Top Design Hopeful.

duandsku

duandsku

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 5:27 AM

green throw pillows everywhere? design student? yeah, she's gonna get tossed off next week.

lindseyquinn

lindseyquinn

Fanatic

• Interests:binder clips (large), Body Pump (minus lunges), coffee, the color wheel, crafting, crosswords, design, diet soda, DIY, Edward Gorey, Google Reader, elliptical machines, ephemera, exfoliation, Hello Kitty, the hot glue gun, kawaii, kittens (most especially Zooey Grace), Locks of Love, Martha Stewart, McSweeney’s, Milton Glaser, mockery, naps, Readymade, Scrabble, silhouettes, sushi, This American Life, TV, TWoP, Urban Decay, worry dolls, writing, yarn, yoga, 42, '80s night

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 10:15 AM

Definitely gone next week, not just because she's labeled "The Student" (I love PR3's Catie!), but because she sucks. So much.

HoldenSolo

HoldenSolo

Channel Surfer

• Interests:Whiskey

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 10:30 AM

Hey! Who let Velma off the Mystery Machine and onto this crappy TV show?

Penelo

Penelo

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 2:11 PM

I agree. Not long for this game at all.

jolly_roger

jolly_roger

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2007 @ 10:45 AM

she's labeled "The Student"

Kee-rist! Why doesn't Bravo just make her wear a T-shirt that says "cannon fodder" and get it over with? Even leaving aside her raw newbie-ness, she displays so much fear and timidity that I'd be surprised if the outright bitches on this show don't just attack her en masse like cheetahs on an ibex and gnaw her arms and legs off.

mrszapmonkey

mrszapmonkey

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 6, 2007 @ 3:53 PM

I just got around to looking at the names, and this girl was totally my BFF in 1st grade! You don't forget a name like that. I don't remember much about her except for that fact that I was really sad she moved away from Union City, NJ (and from me) cause that meant we couldn't play My Little Pony anymore.
Haven't seen the episode yet, so can't comment on lameness/talent. Will be back!

supri

supri

Fanatic

• Interests:Pretty Little Liars & almost anything else on ABCfamily, The Killing, The Bridge, Project Runway & almost any other fashion or design related show,
    The Wire, The Unit, America's Next Top Model,
    Battlestar Galactica, Friday Night Lights,
    Top Chef, any reality show of Bravo's, The Hills,

gone but not forgotten: Veronica Mars, Gilmore Girls, the OC, 21 Jump Street, Designing Women, Clarissa

current DVD obsession: Wonderfalls (!!!!)

Posted Feb 6, 2007 @ 4:26 PM

she's labeled "The Student"

Kee-rist! Why doesn't Bravo just make her wear a T-shirt that says "cannon fodder" and get it over with? Even leaving aside her raw newbie-ness, she displays so much fear and timidity that I'd be surprised if the outright bitches on this show don't just attack her en masse like cheetahs on an ibex and gnaw her arms and legs off.

More still, her first voiceover was about how she wants to bring design to the masses or summat. We all know from Top Chef how well the egalitarian stuff goes over.

It saddens me because I love the non-skinny egalitarian NJers (holla!) Oh well.

lindseyquinn

lindseyquinn

Fanatic

• Interests:binder clips (large), Body Pump (minus lunges), coffee, the color wheel, crafting, crosswords, design, diet soda, DIY, Edward Gorey, Google Reader, elliptical machines, ephemera, exfoliation, Hello Kitty, the hot glue gun, kawaii, kittens (most especially Zooey Grace), Locks of Love, Martha Stewart, McSweeney’s, Milton Glaser, mockery, naps, Readymade, Scrabble, silhouettes, sushi, This American Life, TV, TWoP, Urban Decay, worry dolls, writing, yarn, yoga, 42, '80s night

Posted Feb 6, 2007 @ 4:27 PM

More still, her first voiceover was about how she wants to bring design to the masses or summat. We all know from Top Chef how well the egalitarian stuff goes over.

She really might as well say she wants to use all organic, free-trade materials at this point.

MidwesternFlair

MidwesternFlair

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 7, 2007 @ 11:30 AM

I want the fag-hag to stay for a little while. I can't really see her working on her own, but with the cute gay guy they were a great pair.

Penelo

Penelo

Posted Feb 8, 2007 @ 1:11 AM

I liked Carisa's room tonight. I think it was very nicely done and she really listened to the client. I'm wondering why Erik's was chosen over hers and Goil's to win?

duandsku

duandsku

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2007 @ 5:11 AM

Her room was actually my favorite tonight! talk about a 180, my least favorite room's designers last week made two of the best rooms.

lindseyquinn

lindseyquinn

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2007 @ 10:33 AM

I'm wondering why Erik's was chosen over hers and Goil's to win?

I wanted Matt's to win, actually, though I did like Carisa's. I think it missed the win 'cos it was Sharp Edge Danger Zone.

MidwesternFlair

MidwesternFlair

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2007 @ 10:31 AM

Hers was my favorite last night, too. I agree that the unfinishedness of all the constructed furniture was the problem for me. It looked like Splinter Village.

Penelo

Penelo

Posted Feb 14, 2007 @ 11:14 PM

Wow. I had no idea Carisa was that hard to work with. I couldn't believe her tonight.

vallegirl

vallegirl

Stalker

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 2:35 AM

I don't know how Goil didn't haul off and hit her when she kept harping on him about the stupid angle of the cut. Seriously, I literally yelled "Shut up," the last time she called him back to discuss the angle of the damn cut.

And what was so damn urgent about whether or not to cut the plank on an angle or leave it square? Why did she have to assert herself on every single decision.

I couldn't believe that she actually made me like RYAN! For that there is no forgiving her!

AnnaBess

AnnaBess

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 10:26 AM

Hey, were you aware that she's a set designer? I really wasn't aware of that fact, but she's apparently a set designer. Used to designing sets, and everything to do with sets except color or fabric or setting a mood.

STFU, Carisa. Like to hate in 58 minutes. At least let me hate you consistently, like Michael.

simon920

simon920

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 12:05 PM

Okay, I only saw the episode once but I seem to remember that the pillows and furniture were a lot lighter looking color and pattern wise when they were first delivered. Then Carisa went all ape over how wretched the colors were and she knew sophisticated so insisted on recovering them in dark red, white and denim blue.

The colors of the interior seemed to be getting the hardest hits and that was our girl, not the other guy who bought the furnishings and who seemed to be getting the blame while Carisa stood there letting him hang out to dry. She's the one who choose and bought the fabrics, right?

How nasty was that?

Or am I delusional?

edited for really bad typing...sorry.

Edited by simon920, Feb 15, 2007 @ 12:09 PM.

lindseyquinn

lindseyquinn

Fanatic

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 12:57 PM

How nasty was that?

Or am I delusional?

You're not delusional at all. "Larisa" seems to be a mad bitch.

Kolohe

Kolohe

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 3:03 PM

Did Carisa ever stop to think that her red, white, and blue color scheme for the French flag is identical to the red, white, and blue color scheme of a freakin' Fourth of July parade? Good grief! I think I'll sit here in St. Tropez and have a hot dog.

Before this episode, I was neutral to positive about Carisa. I'm now sick to death of her. The way she forced her opinion into every detail, the way she whined when she didn't get her way... I'm amazed no one clocked her (although Ryan wasn't w/out his annoying moments, as well).

Edited by Kolohe, Feb 15, 2007 @ 3:03 PM.

Penelo

Penelo

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 3:46 PM

I'm kinda surprised she wasn't in the bottom in this episode. Wouldn't have bothered me at all if she had been -- and maybe even gone home -- for it.

vallegirl

vallegirl

Stalker

Posted Feb 16, 2007 @ 2:42 AM

I'd also totally forgotten that she gave that bitchy "They made me buy the fabrics so I'm just going to buy whatever crap I want and they can't argue with me," like she purposely wanted to get the ugliest fabrics just to show them.

And the pillows WERE lighter and brighter when Ryan bought them. They featured some odd 60s like colors and patterns but there was an awful lot of white.

MidwesternFlair

MidwesternFlair

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 16, 2007 @ 10:52 AM

OK. While her fabrics were pretty gross and she was acting like a raving bitch, I can't believe it still moves people to prefer Ryan. His furniture choices were horrible and he was just as much of an ass... and made that ugly Cat Wave room.

Edited by MidwesternFlair, Feb 16, 2007 @ 10:52 AM.

lindseyquinn

lindseyquinn

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2007 @ 10:55 AM

"They made me buy the fabrics so I'm just going to buy whatever crap I want and they can't argue with me"

"Because I'm the girl. Whaaaaaaaaaa."

supri

supri

Fanatic

• Interests:Pretty Little Liars & almost anything else on ABCfamily, The Killing, The Bridge, Project Runway & almost any other fashion or design related show,
    The Wire, The Unit, America's Next Top Model,
    Battlestar Galactica, Friday Night Lights,
    Top Chef, any reality show of Bravo's, The Hills,

gone but not forgotten: Veronica Mars, Gilmore Girls, the OC, 21 Jump Street, Designing Women, Clarissa

current DVD obsession: Wonderfalls (!!!!)

Posted Feb 16, 2007 @ 11:45 AM

I have to say I understood her feelings about that. The same thing would have crossed my mind too.

Semi-related thought: Is there a stigma associated with fabrics and "dressing" a room that makes those "decorator" tasks as opposed to "designer" tasks?

But her attitude in the store pissed me off so much -- fabrics are still an incredibly important part of the design, and she treated it like they asked her to clean the toilet or something. Shouldn't she still want to win?

I honestly do not know what was worse - the red ruffly/chenille-y fabric or the brown/tan/pink 'flower power' print that was on the pillows. 'Risa and Ryan both suck equally IMO.

lindseyquinn

lindseyquinn

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2007 @ 12:04 PM

I have to say I understood her feelings about that. The same thing would have crossed my mind too.

I really doubt Goil and Ryan are about the manly one-up-manship, though. That'd be the lamest battle of the sexes ever (except the one between Michael and John).

BeanyMalone

BeanyMalone

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2007 @ 2:00 PM

Unless she was going to call someone on sexism, it's best not to go there. Not even in her mind. It just sets up a whole victim mentality. (Well, she probably had one to start with.)

Why was it so hard for Carissa to dedicate herself to making Team St. Tropez look good by making the cabana the winning project? I don't know why it is so hard for reality show contestants to get it through their thick heads that the best way to survive a team challenge is to win the freaking thing. I understand Carissa is inexperienced professionally, but that's just Gamesmanship 101.

lindseyquinn

lindseyquinn

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2007 @ 2:22 PM

I don't know why it is so hard for reality show contestants to get it through their thick heads that the best way to survive a team challenge is to win the freaking thing.

Ding ding ding! BeanyMalone should win Top Design, for having far more sense than any of the contestants. (Actually, I refuse to accept the latest Top Chef, so I bestow that title instead.) [C]Larissa just wanted to make a big stink, with her attitude of "If we're gonna lose, he's gonna be the reason why."

Boo hiss.

simon920

simon920

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 16, 2007 @ 3:25 PM

And another thing which made my ears bleed. I'm from New York. We have beaches. Some of us actually like beaches. There are even some pretty decent beaches in New Jersey. I swear to God there are. Lots of people use them. Lots and lots.

And we don't all wear black when we go and piss and moan about the sand/water/hot sun/creature from the black lagoon/fear melting from exposure.

I'm just saying, is all.

Twit.

vallegirl

vallegirl

Stalker

Posted Feb 17, 2007 @ 12:10 AM

Seriously, last I checked Long Island wasn't landlocked and the Hamptons sandy shores weren't matte paintings, so shut it, Carisa. (Says someone who grew up in Freeport with a beach AT THE END OF HER STREET!)