1-13: "In or Out" 2007.01.18 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

335 replies to this topic

leto

leto

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 18, 2007 @ 9:00 PM

Good episode, although I just gotta ask, what's with this show and the spontaneous boob shots?

mysticowl

mysticowl

Fanatic

"It's Alexis now." - hate to break it to you, but Alexis is a male name, darling. However, looking like Rebecca Romijn is hot, I'll give you that!

Speaking of which, has the show ever let us see a photo of Alex Meade?

It was so great to see Betty and Daniel bonding. I love their friendship. I'm glad the show isn't going the route of the original and putting them on a romantic track (that's what happened in Betty, La Fea, right?). At least not yet and hopefully not for a long time. I have a suspicion eventually it'll end up there, but right now America and Eric have great chemistry as best buddies.

Yay, no Walter! Yay, more Henry in the future! Yay, Amanda is evil!

Christina looked absolutely amazing this episode. I think it's the new hairdo.

troycrazy8

troycrazy8

Fanatic

• Interests:Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin, Zachary Levi, Owain Yeoman, Jamie Bamber, Wentworth Miller, Kyle Chandler, David Boreanaz, Tahmoh Penikett, Lee Pace, John Krasinski, Paul Adelstein, Scott Patterson, Matthew Fox, Goran Visnjic, Eric Close, George Eads.<br /><br />Need I say more?

Oh. My. Word. Alex became Alexis. I LOVE this show!

Drewbear

Drewbear

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 18, 2007 @ 9:01 PM

Oh. My. God.

I completely didn't expect that reveal at the end. I am STILL giggling at the pure genius of it.

agsquared

agsquared

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 18, 2007 @ 9:01 PM

I do love that the Mystery Woman used to be the Golden Boy, but what does the casting of Rebecca Romijn say? That she could look like a former dude or something? I'm not totally sure. Otherwise, I, for lack of a better phrase, LOVED IT this week.

DeeeDee

DeeeDee

Stalker

Posted Jan 18, 2007 @ 9:02 PM

Marc: "Lets hit her with a stick & watch how much candy falls out"

Amanda: "You can sell pretzels from it, during your break!"

Hee! Love this show! Loves it!

madpawn

madpawn

Loyal Viewer

As soon as it was over, I literally leapt up, jumped out and down saying "I called it! I CALLED IT! OH MY GOD I CALLED IT!"

Never done that before! My father was amused. Which is a good thing, because he may have been irritated after I woke him up from his nap by laughing at Betty saying "hawties! Big boooobs!"

Edited by madpawn, Jan 18, 2007 @ 9:03 PM.

wounded

wounded

Stalker

I did not expect that at all. Wow. I am still in shock.

Arcticglare

Arcticglare

Couch Potato

• Interests:Favorite Shows: Lost, Heroes, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty, American Idol, Gilmore Girls.

I had a feeling it was Alex what with all the anvils. I was still shocked at the revelations at the end though.

Loved this episode, though I really don't want to see a Daniel-Betty-Henry triangle! Just stick with Henry please!

kujhawker

kujhawker

Channel Surfer

Oh My - Alexis.

I was not expecting that. It was out of the blue, and great!

Judgment Day

Judgment Day

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 18, 2007 @ 9:03 PM

Holy shizzle. Such a good telenovela twist. Not only shocking but freaking hilarious too.

And I have to agree, Christina looked really good. As did Amanda.

secrettvjunky

secrettvjunky

Couch Potato

As soon as Betty and Daniel had the extended chat about Alex, I knew that Fay was no more and that BandageLady was in fact the elder Meade brother. Totally called it!

And I totally love Amanda. It's actually a bit troubling.

ghilie

ghilie

Loyal Viewer

Betty: I'm going to get him a new horse to ride! ... That didn't sound so dirty in my head.

HAH!

I love this show. I love the Alexis twist. I thought it was going to be an undead Fey for sure!

shortpplfedup

shortpplfedup

Fanatic

Ok, some of y'all TOTALLY called it. ALEX IS THE MASKED WOMAN! This show is ten kinds of awesome.

CybrczchNE

CybrczchNE

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 18, 2007 @ 9:04 PM

Alex to Alexis... saw that coming.

Love the Daniel/Betty night out.

kenyaj

kenyaj

Stalker

"This bum don't slum."
"That's not what I heard."

Bwah! Wilhelmina and Marc are the best (semi)evil duo ever. Love them!

Betty and Daniel, on the other hand, are more adorable than puppies, babies, bunnies and kittens combined. They could not have been any cuter together tonight, and I love the way their relationship has deepened into such a nice friendship. I like that it's totally platonic (for now), and I'm happy with it staying that way, because I'm all about Betty/Henry and Daniel/Amanda. (How much do I love Daniel for opening Betty's eyes about Henry?) That said, EM and AF have really nice chemistry, so I could definitely see the series ending with Betty and Daniel together, if that's how it ends up. I love the fact that I'd be happy either way.

Nice call everyone who speculated that Mystery Lady was Alex.

Hobbes16

Hobbes16

Couch Potato

I love this show so very much. This has become my favorite show on TV.

Daniel and Betty's friendship is fabulous. I love when the episodes show them really coming together like this. Once again, Marc and Amanda were evilly delicous. And I can't wait to see how the scheming of Alexhelmina shakes out.

Murphy987

Murphy987

Stalker

This was a fantastic episode. I love Betty calling Daniel an Oompa-Loompa, the final reveal came out of nowhere (for me, at least), and the bonding was o so sweet. They really do have a great "best friends' vibe.

Basically, this show ROCK MY WORLD!

PeachesNCream

PeachesNCream

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 18, 2007 @ 9:05 PM

WOW. That was AWESOME. What a cool ending. And boy, is Rebecca the hottest woman in Hollywood or what?! Loved the power shot of Wil and "Alexis" at the end....this storyling is going to be great.

And I really thought I was on the Betty/Henry train, but damn, there are sometimes when Betty and Daniel just have the greatest chemistry. UGH. Stop toying with me, show!

mldachille

mldachille

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 18, 2007 @ 9:05 PM

This is one of the few shows that I stay unspoiled and I am glad. I totally did not see the dead brother now alive sister plot twist.

kirinan

kirinan

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 18, 2007 @ 9:06 PM

I keep saying this every week, but this was absolutely the best one yet! Loved Daniel and Betty hanging out, loved that Henry and Betty are getting a little shove forward, loved that there was no Walter, and I jumped up and screamed, "Oh my God, they totally called it!!!" with the Alex reveal.

And I remember, probably about 15 or 20 years ago, there was a transsexual woman who was blonde and every bit as gorgeous as Rebecca Romijn. You would never, ever, EVER guess this woman had been a man. I wish I could remember her name, but she was on talk shows and in newspapers every so often. So while it's not the norm, it's not impossible that Alex could come out that beautiful.

One thing I do hate? No new episode next week! Arrrggghhh!!!!!

ETA: Also loved Amanda and Marc this week. Their timing and the way they play off each other is impeccable. And I love that they give Amanda those moments of doubt about turning on Daniel. They make her such a rich character.

Edited by kirinan, Jan 18, 2007 @ 9:09 PM.

TiffanyNichelle

TiffanyNichelle

Fanatic

Posted Jan 18, 2007 @ 9:07 PM

This was hands down my favorite episode. I loved it for the Daniel/Betty shipper in me, the fan of the friendship, and the Henry/Betty shipper. Daniel was pimping Henry. It was too cute.

But the best thing though was the Daniel and Betty relationship. He only kept in touch with her. Aww. And he looked hot all scruffy and stuff. And the "cheeto-tan" was hilarious. They did karoake together!

I hate that after Amanda beat the crap out of Sofia for hurting Daniel, she turned around and sold him out for Marc and Wil. Hmph. Nice Amanda. Real nice. And now Christina sold her soul for her designs.

Hilda got real close to being really unlikable. Real close. And I didn't like her insinuating that Betty was hoing her way around Manhatten.

whyistherumgone

whyistherumgone

Fanatic

Wow. Loved this episode.

At least in my opinion, no matter what, no one will ever be able to come close to touching the chemistry of Betty and Daniel, or America and Eric really. No one. Regardless of context. Not being shippy. Just in general. Twas awesome.

Called the whole Alex=Alexis thing a while back, but it was revealed very well. Can't wait to watch this unfold.

MoondustWolf

MoondustWolf

Bleh. I don't like Alex being Alexis at all. Most importantly, it's soapy just to be soapy. They're gonna have to pull some elaborate strings and it's just too messy to be fun for me. Plus, everyone and their cat was predicting it by tonight (and if they weren't, they were at some point during the ep), so not as unpredictable as they'd have liked. But also? The scene where Daniel was talking about Alex was the first time EM has actually made me tear up. Now we're never going to get more moments like that. Well unless, they kill Alexis off. Hey, nothing's too much for this show!

Aside from that, I ADORED this episode. Betty/Henry short term, Betty/Daniel long (as in FAR, FAR AWAY) term, okay, Ugly Betty? You got it? Good.

I melted at the Betty/Daniel stuff. How adorable. SO much love and they care about eachother so much. I'm not going to be able to stop grinning for ages.

More later.

HeyItsThatGuy

HeyItsThatGuy

Posted Jan 18, 2007 @ 9:08 PM

So does this mean Elizabeth Payne is out of a job?

Anyway, AWESOME EPISODE. Maybe my favorite so far. I loved the chemistry between Betty and Daniel. America Ferrera is adorable. Screw Henry. Date me, Betty!

Amanda was great as well. My favorite line of the episode:

Amanda dials the phone.
AMANDA: It's totally ringing.

It was very understated, but it cracked me up beyond belief. She said it in her hilarious sexpot voice and it was so incredibly funny.

And Christina. No, Christina. I can understand why she did it, but gah.

Great show. Awesome show.

Edited by HeyItsThatGuy, Jan 18, 2007 @ 9:09 PM.

kanona29

kanona29

Video Archivist

The ending was no surprise to me because I had been reading the spoiler thread. Alot of people were able to guess this one. Good job guys.

However, now I am rethinking about visiting the spoiler thread because it takes away alot of the SHOCK value of the show for me. So, I will try to be good and go into each episode as clueless as possible....hehe

Another GREAT episode. I adore the relationship between Daniel and Betty. Out of all the character interactions in the show, Daniel has the most chemistry with Betty. The banter between the two of them is on point,...

"You look like an Ompaloompah!" Ha!

Gosh, I'm SO glad the new episodes are back. This show is by far one of the best things to happen to primetime TV.

gtieman

gtieman

Video Archivist

OMG!!! That was the BEST episode ever. I squealed too many times I lost count. Loved the Daniel/Betty dynamic duo bit, the Henry mentions, sisterly bonding, corrupted coworkers, and a transexual brother. This is by far my favorite episode so far, and with no physical Henry, I did not think that was possible. I can't wait for February sweeps!

The Done One

The Done One

Stalker

Posted Jan 18, 2007 @ 9:10 PM

I guess at this rate, Halle Berry will be playing a transsexual in 2010, given tonight's episode and Famke as Ava Moore on Nip/Tuck three years ago. Nevertheless, it was an awesome reveal.

Judgment Day

Judgment Day

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 18, 2007 @ 9:11 PM

Someone said the whole Alexis twist was too soapy but that's the point of Ugly Betty -after all, it is based of a Telenovela- that it reaches into cheesyness without becoming a fool. Plus when Nip/Tuck did it everyone was like so cool, so it's nothing new on prime time yet brilliantly done.

drmka9

drmka9

Fanatic

Posted Jan 18, 2007 @ 9:11 PM

Loved the reveal, although it was a bit anti-climactic. Loved the Marc-Amanda banter.

One thing that struck me, though, was how observant Daniel was with the Betty/Henry issue. He's not as clueless as he first comes across, and I like that he cares enough about Betty to pick up on the other stuff going on with her.

In short...loved the episode.