The Writers: A Racist Truck? Hell, Yeah!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1661 replies to this topic

caseylane

caseylane

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 1:13 PM

Just saw that Eric Kripke is teaming up with JJ Abrams and submitting a pilot for a new show called Revolution.

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

• Interests:hockey, horror, science fiction, mythology, food

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 3:52 PM

Heck, these writers can't even seem to recall half of what they have dumped since they made such a big deal about the loss of credit cards as a money-making option and then have Dean blithely announce that he paid Frank $15,000 without bothering to explain what ingenious way he got so much cash.

Cue my mental image of Gertrude Case counting a fistful of hundreds out of her purse and telling Sam how lovely it was to see him again.

Yes SPN, show us a 30 yr old hunter cutting himself on the sly because he's suffering so much he can't handle it. I need a good laugh.

Maybe then he could have a breakdown because the middle school girls are SO MEAN, OMG! to him on Facebook and Twitter?

melanyrose

melanyrose

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 4:19 PM

Maybe then he could have a breakdown because the middle school girls are SO MEAN, OMG! to him on Facebook and Twitter?

Nah, he'll blame Dean for being SO MEAN for not understanding Sam's epic manpain.

Just saw that Eric Kripke is teaming up with JJ Abrams and submitting a pilot for a new show called Revolution.

I'm not impressed with Kripke, considering the mess that was Swan Song which ruined the whole show for me, and so far, I've never followed anything by JJ Abrams. I wish them luck.

Edited by melanyrose, Feb 9, 2012 @ 4:21 PM.

Gwonk

Gwonk

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 8:00 PM

There's a law for that.

I just miss Carver, man. Carver needs to come back and write like, a St. Patrick's Day special involving leprechauns and beer and ~rainbows~.

MadCaps

MadCaps

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 10:35 PM

Then again, if SPN did this, I suppose fandom would complain that it's ridiculous that Sam would be hunting in that condition.

Eh, we're already doing that, especially since apparently only Sam knows how to shoot a gun or stab a monster these days.

As for Sam secretly cutting himself, yeah I agree that would have been good for a laugh.

I guess I just can't grasp why memories of 200 years of torture would fracture Sam's mind when 40 years are apparently a cakewalk to live with and deserve nothing more than being labeled whiny. I would imagine anything more than a couple of days or even weeks of torture would mess someone up for life so I just cannot take seriously the idea that Sam had it so much worse than Dean that he needed a wall.

Now if they had gone the route of Sam becoming part demon (instead of the stupid soulless crap) that would have made more sense to me since demons are supposed to be human souls that were tortured for a few hundred years. But again, the show talks a big game but ultimately pulls its punches. This just seems like the woobie version of beige Sam to me. It's all just too silly. Don't start something if you have no intention of following through.

There's a law for that.

I'm confused. No one is accusing the debaters of being mean girls, they're just wondering how ridiculously overwrought Gamble is going to get with Sam's Hell woobiedom. As if having every single character who knows anything about Hell declaring for an entire year, the many lengthy and varied ways in which he has already suffered wasn't enough.

Edited by MadCaps, Feb 9, 2012 @ 10:40 PM.

lawless

lawless

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 12:01 AM

Hey, I'm just saying they got rid of Cas and Bobby, they could have added frenemy delusion-Lucifer. It can be fun to have a snarky character who gives the leads a hard time, but in a funny way. I'd enjoy watching a bemused, horrified Dean watching delusional Sam have irritated, one-sided arguments with empty chairs, it doesn't have to be about epic manpain all the time. It's a TV show on the CW for heaven's sake. Maybe Lucifer, real or delusion, kinda likes Sam and enjoys his epic bitchface, as I do. If he's at all real, maybe he could occasionally be helpful, in small ways. I think Edlund could handle it well. Helplessly watching Sam go full-on beautiful mind would make Dean's drinking and general hopelessness more understandable, plus he'd have something else to do other than drink and be depressed.

melanyrose

melanyrose

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 7:43 AM

It can be fun to have a snarky character

We have, or used to have Dean's snark, before the writers who knew what snark was and could write it well left. I like Mark Pelligrino, in very small doses, and I am more than ready to move on from Sam's yearly problems and into new territory that is refreshingly free from Sam's melodrama.

Instead I think the show can concentrate on the Leviathans, give them teeth (well, the metaphorical kind), make them really evil and a threat. Make the show move forward with a story that can be new and exciting, not hide the threat behind more fillers because the writers are once again lost as to what direction to go.

If he's at all real, maybe he could occasionally be helpful, in small ways.

So Lucifer would be Dean's and Sam's best new buddy helping them out and being a mix between Bobby and Cas? I would much rather have Cas back. At least having Cas help the guys makes sense. Having Lucifer help the guys is just, well, just no.

Edited by melanyrose, Feb 10, 2012 @ 8:41 AM.

shamangrrl

shamangrrl

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 11:05 AM

If he's at all real, maybe he could occasionally be helpful, in small ways.

Using Crowley in that role is bad enough. Please writers, DO NOT go there.

vesper19

vesper19

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 1:07 PM

I am disappointed the most in how they handled Castiel's storyline. It would have been great to see him up in heaven with the other angels, ruling the kingdom like that creepy, demented kid from that Twilight Zone episode who wished people into the cornfield.
To have him face what he's become, dealing with his new power, his conscience, his friends. To uh, you know, have an actual arc. What great drama that all could have been. But alas, they decided to have him shuffle away in a black gooey mess from the new big bad in town. The Leviathans, yeah what happened with them again? They kill Bobby and Sam & Dean barely mention them. Damn, if killing the boy's surrogate daddy isn't enough to light a fire under their ass, then what in the hell is??

Bobby's probably all, what the hell boys? Wherever he is. I think it's like I Dream of Jeannie, only he's living in the flask instead of a bottle:)

kara7777

kara7777

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 8:00 PM

Damn, if killing the boy's surrogate daddy isn't enough to light a fire under their ass, then what in the hell is??

Doesn't St. Sam think revenge is so very, very wrong now? That's certainly the impression I get from his constant bitchiness whenever Dean so much as googles Dick Leviathan.

Helplessly watching Sam go full-on beautiful mind would make Dean's drinking and general hopelessness more understandable, plus he'd have something else to do other than drink and be depressed.

Not seeing how that's any different than what we are getting already. If he's helpless, then what else is he going to do besides drink and be depressed?

And Lucifer as the a demon who develops a heart of gold over his wuv for Sammy is too close to Ruby for my taste.

If they had to go the Leviathan route, I honestly do not get why they didn't just have Misha play the Levi Boss role. Then they would not have had to kill off Bobby to give the boys some kind of personal stake on the mytharc. As it is, they are doing about as much with Dean's revenge story as they did with Sam's hallucinations. That tells me that neither story has enough depth to carry more than two or three episodes, tops. The so-called mytharc this year seems so think and uninteresting that the writers can't even be bothered to give it anything but the most cursory treatment.

LightMyCandle

LightMyCandle

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 8:43 PM

Damn, if killing the boy's surrogate daddy isn't enough to light a fire under their ass, then what in the hell is??

Seriously. There's no one else they can mess with to get the boys motivated. Everyone else is either dead or a villain (or mind-wiped). They can't kill Sam or Dean, so...they're just spinning their wheels at this point. I doubt they even had a plan for this season. I imagine it went something like "ooh, Leviathans. That'd be cool. They can come out of Cas so we can get rid of him and then they'll...be really cool somehow. Whatever, we'll figure it out eventually."

If they had to go the Leviathan route, I honestly do not get why they didn't just have Misha play the Levi Boss role. Then they would not have had to kill off Bobby to give the boys some kind of personal stake on the mytharc.

Well, then they'd have to keep paying Misha and then they wouldn't have had money for James Marsters, Charisma Carpenter, DJ Qualls, and Frank McNally. And, oh, can you just imagine how horrible this season would be if we hadn't had all those people stop by? Nope, I'm not bitter at all. And killing Bobby hasn't seemed to give them that much more of a personal stake so far. I can only assume that killing him was also done to avoid having someone else to pay and to make sure Sam and Dean have no one else to talk to but each other. I really do miss the days when I loved their relationship.

Using Crowley in that role is bad enough.

Wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't given Cas so much crap for working with Crowley. They've done it at least a couple of times themselves. They've even done it after the whole Cas fiasco.

sallymonelly

sallymonelly

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 11, 2012 @ 6:03 PM

Helplessly watching Sam go full-on beautiful mind

Sam doesn't have a mind that would qualify as comparable to John Nash Jr's. Not even close. Nor are the writers even talented enough to make the story that interesting. But if you mean the hallucinations and the talking to himself and the seeing people that don't exist, I agree with whoever said that ship has long sailed. For Sam to all of a sudden go bezerk out of the blue is kind of stupid. However, I do realize that the show is going to do exactly that, but at this point, this show has lost most of its credibility with me since it just keeps pulling crap out of its ass and pretends that it's good drama. I have to laugh that Sam seems to be just fine when the showrunner needs him to play hero, but will all of a sudden fall apart when the showrunner needs him to play Poor Broken Martyr. Gamble needs to stop reading bad fanfiction.