2-11: "Sense and Sensuality" 2007.01.17 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1333 replies to this topic

keckler

keckler

Stalker

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 3:09 AM

From tv.com

A river of chocolate runs through tonight's challenges as the remaining contestants count down to the finales.

Whatever, all we're going to be talking about is what happened after Cliff snuck into the room where SOMEONE was laying prone on the sofa and SOMEONE ELSE was apparently filming it.

River of chocolate? More like river of blood!

sendtoscott

sendtoscott

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 11:01 PM

It would have not been good if Marcel was eliminated after the previous night's assault. Besides, the final was setup for 4 anyway.

Sonyad

Sonyad

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 11:02 PM

I said it before the boards went down. How many times have we been completely duped by the previews? Another perfect example.

Jenn1119

Jenn1119

Channel Surfer

That was the dumbest reason to kick someone off the show. He didn't hurt him. He regretted it. Lame every which way.

Also Elia looks rockin with a shaved head. She can definitely pull it off.

I can't wait for the finale!

Him

Him

Channel Surfer

Why was Padma wearing the leather jacket during the quickfire considering how hot its suppose to be?

This episode was pretty interesting. No where near as much drama as they claimed it would be. So Cliff is cut from the competition. Well at least he left gracefully, and was probably going to be eliminated anyway.

Edited by Him, Jan 17, 2007 @ 11:03 PM.

absolutqt

absolutqt

Fanatic

Bald Elia?

Still. Freakin'. Gorgeous.

AlisAforthought

AlisAforthought

Loyal Viewer

Cliff got what he deserved. What he did was not a prank, it was assault.

The end was so predictable. I hate being treated like a moron and the judges thought they were being clever. Wrong.

Elia looked quite good with her little fuzzy head.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Well I start the Cliff trash talk. What an asshat. The only suprise in this ep for me was when Padma faked sending Marcel & Elia home.

That was the dumbest reason to kick someone off the show. He didn't hurt him. He regretted it. Lame every which way.

That was assault. Cliff is a foot taller and much more well built than Marcel, who by the way said "stop". As for hurting him, Marcel said he work up with rug burns. That may not be life or death, but they can be pretty uncomfortable.

Edited by Puds38, Jan 17, 2007 @ 11:05 PM.

lautre

lautre

Couch Potato

I like that Marcel rubbed Elia's shaved head at the end, v. cute.

fashionista79

fashionista79

Stalker

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 11:03 PM

Meh.

Wry Bread

Wry Bread

Fanatic

Padmadala had me fooled!

And Elia looks like Sinead. That was obvious, I suppose.

queenbee9b

queenbee9b

Video Archivist

If the contestants were filming themselves - who told the producers what happened? I just thought it was regular staff just using a "handheld" camera. Also, I thought it was going to be Marcel sent home, because to me it looked like he had punched the camera at the end. I'm not surprised that they sent Cliff home for that. I just wonder what would have happend if it wasn't a contestant that they weren't "ready" to send home.

Edited by queenbee9b, Jan 17, 2007 @ 11:04 PM.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Look up stupid in the dictionary and you'll see Cliffs picture brooding. Damn, what a dumb thing to do. I hate the judges man. The old "PSYCHE" joke. I hate when they do that but I'm glad all four are going. I never really cared for Cliff, especially after the whole Mia thing so it doesn't break my heart in the least. I just wish Ilan was on that boat with him. And the head shaving...what some people won't do to fight boredom. Elia is nuts. She doesn't look bad bald though. Crazy man.

miclogger

miclogger

Couch Potato

Oh, that just made me ill. He had so many opportunities to stop, and just didn't. Like, once he got started, all that "I hate Marcel" agression started coming out, and there was just nothing he could do any more.

It's probably lucky the producers stepped in when they did (and you know they did), because there's no telling what would have happened.

whirlingdervish

whirlingdervish

Couch Potato

Boy, there certainly would have been a river of blood if Marcel had been eliminated in the same episode in which he was assaulted. I can imagine the producers and lawyers sweating bullets:

Lawyers: Whatever you do, for God's sake, don't say "assault." Call it "touching." (pops heart pills)

Producers: And for God's sake, don't knife Marcel! Our feeble website can't handle the masses of hate mail about to pound our blogs as it is! (pops martini)

Jenn1119 I have to disagree with you that it wasn't a big deal. Unlawful restraint (which is just what Cliff did) is a minor FELONY in most states. Cliff had him pinned down on the floor by the neck. It doesn't take bruises and broken bones to equal an assault. Having been subjected to a very similar unlawful restraint by someone twice my size, I can tell you that it is a truly terrifying moment, one in which you can't move and you feel well and truly trapped. Coupled with the fact that Marcel was pulled off a couch from a deep sleep and then wrangled onto the floor and pinned down....

I was ill. Well and truly ill after that part of the episode. I had to pause it and walk away for a moment before I could come back and watch the rest of the episode.

Edited by whirlingdervish, Jan 17, 2007 @ 11:10 PM.

kittycat2002

kittycat2002

Fanatic

Boy, Cliff's prank was awkward. When the rest of them act uncomfortable about something done to Marcel, you know it is creepy.

The whole headshaving thing--I was challenged when I was a bit younger than Elia. I was like "No Way"--even offered 200 dollars to do it, but hell, she IS young and she looks surprisingly good without hair.

The judge's accent was sexy.

yulichka

yulichka

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 11:04 PM

It would have not been good if Marcel was eliminated after the previous night's assault.

Especially since, given that Cliff would have been the logical loser, it was the assault that would have led to Marcel's loss.

ubi quitous

ubi quitous

I don't know why, but I felt and an intense and immediate hatred of this week's guest judge. What a pretentious prick.

That said, I wish Cliff wasn't the only one who was eliminated. I'm sure I'd have blown a gasket if Marcel and Elia had been eliminated.

Edited by ubi quitous, Jan 17, 2007 @ 11:09 PM.

SnapMcD

SnapMcD

Video Archivist

Issue number one: Elia looks much better with her head shaved than Ilan does.

Him

Him

Channel Surfer

In the previews for the next episode, Elia looks like Betty Boop. lol

emmy8ball

emmy8ball

Loyal Viewer

So for us west coasters who are super impatient, can anyone give a brief update on what happened with Cliff et al?

TVTigress

TVTigress

Loyal Viewer

My three favorite moments:

Secret lovers WTF moment: The little neck squeeze and wink Sam gave Ilan at the JT right before the Hawaii announcement.

Awww, cute moment: Marcel’s little self-conscious headrub on Elia after the announcement.

Since when? moment: Coldickio in the previews stating the judges are not judging on the cheftestants' behavior in the kitchen, just "the food". Like, when did that start? If they only judged on food, knifings would have been a whole lot more enjoyable, I think.

And ITA - hype hype hype previews, fizzle fizzle fizzle actual moment revealed. I wasn't shocked or surprised. Bored maybe. Yeah, bored.

Oh, yeah, and I love shaved-head Elia. She carries it off as well as or better than Sinead O'Connor (God, the memories) or Neena (? the black shaved head ANTM contestant).

Edited by TVTigress, Jan 17, 2007 @ 11:07 PM.

sendtoscott

sendtoscott

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 11:05 PM

Didn't Ken survive breaking an egg on Steven's head last season (he was eliminated, but not disqualified)?

sweetcookieface

sweetcookieface

Couch Potato

First things first. Elia with a shaved head? Stunning.

As far as the prank goes, I actually thought Cliff acquitted himself rather nicely. It did seem like one of those drunken jokes that just got out of control and, even with all the manhandling, it seemed less mean-spirited to me than some of Ilan’s and Betty’s antics. I appreciated that Cliff owned up to it and left with some class. What really pissed me off was the fact that Ilan (who was clearly egging everyone on) and Sam (still a shit-stirrer, but too much of a wuss to do anything, including shave his own head) didn’t suffer any consequences. Didn't the whole head-shaving idea originate with one of them?

I also could have done without all the judges’ exposition about how they couldn’t believe Cliff would screw himself over like that, but he probably would have gone home anyway bla bla bla…. Seemed like they were trying to rationalize their decision.

Marcel was very classy tonight. He handled the whole head-shaving debacle much better than I would have.

I got a knot in my stomach when they got down to Marcel and Elia, but I suspected that they wouldn’t send anyone home.

At this point, I feel like the game is Sam’s to lose. Although I think Elia’s the dark horse.

poncho13

poncho13

Channel Surfer

Was it Elia's idea to shave Marcel's head while sleeping? Couldn't tell

SnippyScholar

SnippyScholar

Fanatic

• Interests:Dogs, progressive politics, The Nation, Trek, fuzzy blankies, odd detectives, scatalogical stuff, especially on Jackass, Romantic-era women and radical writers, writing, editing, photoshopping, drawing flora with my prisma colors, ancient and medieval ruins, and laughing my ass off, bubba

That was truly sickening to me. I was crying, no shit.

Then when I thought of Sam and Ilan just standing by and not helping Marcel, I was enraged.

And later it struck me that Betty was probably watching the whole thing and cheering Cliff on, and I just gave up on humanity entirely.

India

India

Video Archivist

Holy shit, that was scary. I totally agree with their decision to give Cliff the boot. That escalated, that wasn't just a little prank. He was holding Marcel by his fucking neck and forcing him onto the floor. Hey, Cliff, learn to read a room - if the guy half your size, whom you've got by the throat and are sitting on, struggles to get away, not once but several times? Then you've taken it too far. When fucking ILAN feels bad about what was done to Marcel? Waaay too far. It's a shame it took an incident like this for them to realize that they've gone way over the top in their treatment of Marcel.

I am glad that the decision was made to let them all go to Hawaii. Figure if Cliff hadn't assaulted Marcel, and his dish was the worst, then the outcome would have been the same - so it's fair in my book.

theta1

theta1

Video Archivist

Yes, we all knew it was going to be four, and not just because of the spoilers over on the spoilers thread, but also because it was pretty clear that Cliff's food was already the least favorite dish, so if he had been there, there would have been the elimination on food. (It's not like the DQ happened before their dishes were served.)

Even Marcel didn't seem to really want Cliff kicked off for the whole stupid thing, as pissed off as he was at the time. Most of the food really did look pretty good this ep. (With the exception of chicken liver in chocolate.)

ETA: Elia! Stunning with or without hair. And we finally get an explanation for that silly green bandana-under-hoodie getup of Ilan's.

Edited by theta1, Jan 17, 2007 @ 11:08 PM.

jmsteve

jmsteve

Couch Potato

Oh, that just made me ill. He had so many opportunities to stop, and just didn't. Like, once he got started, all that "I hate Marcel" agression started coming out, and there was just nothing he could do any more.

Absolutely. I can't believe the judges or producers didn't say anything stronger to the other three for just letting it happen. Especially Ilan for egging that crap on.

lessa2010

lessa2010

Couch Potato

Elia giggling about how funny it will be when at judging they have shaved heads and Marcel has his fro. ----Funny

Giggling about shaving Marcel's head. -----Funny

Cliff waking him. -----Funny

Cliff throwing him to the floor and pouncing on him, then putting him in a headlock while dragging him towards the bathroom shouting for someone to come shave Marcel's head. -----Assault and I'm glad he got sent home.

I think the other were too drunk and shocked that Cliff didn't stop once Marcel asked him to get off. One of those, damn this isn't the least bit funny anymore, why isn't Cliff stopping?

Glad they are all going though. Tom was being a dick about the chocolate heart.

Didn't need to do a desert. Uh huh, bet the 'patrons' would have thought it odd not to have a desert on their romantic night out.