Tori & Dean: Inn Love/Home Sweet Hollywood

• Please log in to reply

2896 replies to this topic

Vital Verve

Vital Verve

Posted Jan 16, 2007 @ 6:25 PM

Well this is proof that even the most useless celebrities can get their own reality show. This time it's pukeworthy couple Tori "Homewrecker" Spelling and Dean "Gold Digger" McDermott.

Series premiere: March 21 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Oxygen

Here's the official press release from Oxygen:

ACTRESS TORI SPELLING TURNS INNKEEPER IN OXYGEN’S NEW REALITY SERIES TORI & DEAN: INN LOVE

The Series, Created and Executive Produced by Husband-And-Wife Team Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott, Premieres on Wednesday, March 21st at 10 p.m. (ET/PT)

Famed actress, pop culture icon and mother-to-be Tori Spelling (Beverly Hills 90210) and her actor husband Dean McDermott are adding innkeepers to their resume this year when they open their own bed & breakfast in the new Oxygen reality series Tori & Dean: Inn Love. Leaving their Hollywood lifestyle behind, the McDermotts head for the picturesque wine vineyards of southern California to invest Spelling’s $800,000 inheritance into opening an inn.

Partners in marriage and now in business, the couple will give viewers an intimate look at their new life as they try to balance the challenges and obstacles they face as first-time innkeepers along with the joys and stresses of preparing for their first baby.

Six episodes of the 30-minute series is set to premiere Wednesday, March 21st at 10p.m. The newlyweds created the show and executive produce along with Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato of World of Wonder Productions, the production team behind the Bravo series Show Biz Moms & Dads.

“Not only is Tori incredibly popular with television audiences, she’s also constantly evolving personally and professionally, which makes for great television,” says Deborah Beece, President of Programming and Marketing for Oxygen. “We love that Tori and Dean have a sense of humor about the new challenges in their lives and are willing to let their fans in on it with a wink and a smile in front of the camera.”

With over two decades in the entertainment industry, Tori Spelling is an accomplished actress with a career spanning both television and film. Spelling shot to stardom playing ‘Donna Martin’ on the acclaimed drama series Beverly Hills 90210, a role for which she remains beloved by American audiences.

Following her time on 90210, Spelling returned to movies, switching effortlessly between mainstream hits such as Scream 2 and Scary Movie 2 and acclaimed indie performances in movies such as Trick and The House of Yes. Spelling also served as lead actress and executive producer for the VH1 scripted comedy So NoTORIous, loosely based on her own life. Next, she will star in the independent feature Kiss the Bride. She will also make a guest appearance on The CW series Smallville. Spelling also is scheduled to write a humorous self-deprecating memoir to be published by Simon Spotlight Entertainment (SSE) in Spring 2008. Recently married to actor Dean McDermott, they are expecting their first child in spring 2007.

Dean McDermott is a veteran film and television actor who has had starring roles in such series as 1-800-Missing and Due South as well as the Kevin Costner directed motion picture Open Range. He also has made numerous television guest appearances on such popular programming as The Closer, NCIS and Without a Trace. McDermott also starred in the television movie Mind Over Murder where he met his wife Tori Spelling.

Executive producers Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato are the founders of World of Wonder Productions. Based in both Los Angeles and London, World of Wonder is best known for award-winning films and documentaries such as The Eyes of Tammy Faye, Party Monster, HBO’s Monica in Black and White, as well as the Bravo non-fiction series Showbiz Moms & Dads and the Sundance Channel’s Transgeneration. Most recently World of Wonder produced the hit series Million Dollar Listings for Bravo, The Boom Generation for TV Land, One Punk Under God for Sundance, and is currently producing Showchoirs for MTV.

The series is managed by Aaron Meyerson, Oxygen’s Senior Vice President of Development and Production and Kristen Connolly Vadas, Oxygen’s Vice President of Development West Coast, serves as the Executive in Charge.

smileystar78

smileystar78

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2007 @ 11:37 PM

So does this mean no more "So Notorious"? The show was cute. Although Zachary Quinto has since moved on to bigger and much, much better shows.

LemonSoda

LemonSoda

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 20, 2007 @ 6:28 AM

I hope it doesn't mean no more So NoTorious! I loved that show. This doesn't soun too fun to me but i know i'll watch anyway

Sterling Blue

Sterling Blue

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 8, 2007 @ 5:58 PM

A few months ago, Tori had a garage sale of many of her personal items. I have a feeling that will end up on this show since I heard the cameras from her reality show were there.

smileystar78

smileystar78

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2007 @ 7:39 PM

Based on the previews I saw, the garage sale will be on the show.

torianne84

torianne84

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 13, 2007 @ 4:34 PM

Perez Hilton is reporting Tori is in labor.

Baylor

Baylor

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 13, 2007 @ 10:05 PM

Tori had the baby!

Wonder if it was natural childbirth.

On a side note, I saw the ET clip of her baby shower. Is Tori always that giggly over everything? She seemed to be trying too hard to make it seem like they were super happy and that she was being soo hands-on with the B&B. Makes me wonder. He was complimenting her, but even that seems insincere and calculating. Hmm...
Also 50 guests at a shower? Gift-grab much?

Insomniac

Insomniac

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2007 @ 8:22 AM

Wonder if it was natural childbirth.

C-section. Boy. 6 lbs. 6 ozs. Liam Aaron. Nice name.

iMissEthan

iMissEthan

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2007 @ 1:04 PM

Less than 6 1/2 pounds? Wow, she looked like she had gained about 50 pounds to me. This will be an interesting weight loss to witness.

Sterling Blue

Sterling Blue

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2007 @ 2:31 PM

There were some reports and at least one blind item in the gosisp columns/tabloids that basically said that Tori was still drinking lots of alcohol during her pregnancy. If true, it would explain why the baby was born underweight.

As for this reality show, I might tune in for a few episodes, but everything about Tori and Dean annoys the hell out of me. And it's so disgusting to see that part in the promo where Tori holds up an article of clothing (presumably for her garage sale) and says, "It still smells like urine." Ick. TOO MUCH INFORMATION.

Edited by Sterling Blue, Mar 16, 2007 @ 9:25 AM.

Baylor

Baylor

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2007 @ 4:35 PM

Tori finally gets what she wants from Candy- GIFTS!!!

Wonder if Tori will later complain that her mother didn't spend enough on the baby, like she did with her first wedding.

karennnnn

karennnnn

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 16, 2007 @ 2:50 PM

Wow I didn't realize she only got $800k. That's fascinating. I never really knew that much about Tori Spelling but the juicy stuff that's come out in the last several years is good enough for me!
I wonder how much she made off of 90210 and if she saved it? Seems as if daddy probably paid for everything? Or maybe not?
But isn't Aaron Spelling (wasn't he) worth a TON of cash?
The show should be interesting to see. Probably would rather see a show with how they handle the baby but a pregnant, hormonal Tori Spelling baking red velvet cupcakes sounds good too.

baking23

baking23

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 16, 2007 @ 8:34 PM

I loved Dean McDermit on Due South and some of the movies he's been in, but now he's lost all hope from me. The show has kind of trainwreck pull though, but I still don't know if I'll watch it.

Edited by baking23, Mar 16, 2007 @ 8:35 PM.

Baylor

Baylor

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2007 @ 8:38 PM

The Inn looks amazing! At least based from what I've seen during their interviews. I just wonder how long they will do things themselves and if it will last. Can't wait to see the show!

During the promos, they show Tori telling Dean's financial advisor that she is in debt. "I'm in debt, I'm in debt alot!" How is Tori Spelling in debt? What excuse does she have? Sounds like she spent alot more money that she had because she was counting on her father leaving her alot more.

beeblebrox

beeblebrox

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2007 @ 8:49 PM

I saw some of the promos and her husband really sceeved me out. He just had the ick factor going for me. I'll watch it out of curiousity.

Baylor

Baylor

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2007 @ 10:13 PM

Well, the first episode was kinda hurried and not as good as I thought. However, it might get better.

Also, Dean looks like he is just realizing that life with Tori wasn't what he expected it to be.

They are so going to get a divorce!

karennnnn

karennnnn

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2007 @ 8:22 AM

WTF re: the storage "unit" that Tori had!? My gawd!!! And to think a lot of it was in her mom's "attic". Sorry for the overuse of quotes.
Did they bring any of that to the estate sale? It wasn't really clear.
How much did they make from the estate sale?
I thought the show was alright. I've never really heard Tori Spelling talk before heheh... Never was a 90210 fan. She's not as annoying as she looks.
From what looks like a compulsive shopping habit, I would certainly believe she's in debt. It made me wonder how they're going to pull off the b and b and make money off of it/finance it/pay back the loan. Doesn't it only have 4 rooms? I mean, I'm sure it will be booked for a while with all this publicity, but how much can you make off of 4 rooms?
I wonder how much they were paid for doing the show?
I think I worry too much about money!!!!!
When I see other people who are potentially struggling with money it makes me all nervous (don't mind me!)

nikitakitty

nikitakitty

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2007 @ 10:08 AM

Okay, I know she was pregnant. And I'm really really trying not to be all shallow LA girl here, but geez! Her face was terrible! And the amount of makeup with that bleached out hair and that red red lipstick! My retinas are burning.

Only $800k? He was worth a gazillion dollars and she only got $800k? I didn't follow the whole Tori v mom drama that went on once Aaron died, but was that the problem between them? Did Aaron leave almost everything to his wife and Tori didn't get too much and objected to it? Because I could see that. I could understand if Aaron did do that, as giving your child pretty much unlimited wealth is just a sure fire way to produce a disgusting piece of trust fund trash (Paris, anyone?) but still, she had to be disappointed.

Time will tell whether this show is worth following. I can't imagine having cameras follow me around while trying to care for a newborn though. Not only are you not at your best then, you are also freaked out by small things, you don't have enough sleep, and the world wants to tell you how to do whatever they see you doing 'wrong'. Can you imagine an entire television audience watching and critiqueing your every motherly move during those early days? Automatic nervous breakdown time.

She should pencil that in right now...

gopherit

gopherit

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 21, 2007 @ 10:13 AM

I really didn't like him. What an entitled brat, to bring the dogs to his audition.

I really really love Tori, though. She is so cute and charming. Such a positive attitude. I am really rooting for her.

That financial planner guy was a dick.

chickieloveknit

chickieloveknit

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2007 @ 11:09 AM

Poor Tori! Pregnancy does not agree with her. Geesh. Was it only me or did it seem like her top lip did not move? Something weird was going on there.

I don't know much about Dean but didn't he have a pregnant girlfriend/wife when he met Tori? Or a baby that was just born? Everytime he was oohing and aahing over the baby to be I kept wondering if he has anything to do with the one he already has. Or maybe I'm just mistaken about the whole thing.

baking23

baking23

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2007 @ 1:11 PM

No you're right he was married before. Now I think he's more of a jerk for leaving her and those kids. Dude my crush is so over.

jellywager

jellywager

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2007 @ 2:04 PM

I saw some of the promos and her husband really sceeved me out. He just had the ick factor going for me. I'll watch it out of curiosity.

He seem sort of ass-holey in the ep., Tori was trying to act happy and in love and he was just a killjoy. He was a total crab-ass at the sale. I don't see what Tori sees in him.

I really didn't like him. What an entitled brat, to bring the dogs to his audition.

...and then making it the problem for the receptionist. He should have gave her some money for watching the dogs. Why didn't he leave them with Tori? It looked like there was plenty of room in that doggy buggy (wtf was that?) for them.

I think Tori looks cute pregnant. As for her face, that is what it is, she has had so much plastic surgery. I thought it was funny when she said that she can't remember what her real nose looks like. She is to good for him.

ghertigirl

ghertigirl

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2007 @ 2:07 PM

I loved this show. I will definitely be tuning back in. I've always like Tori and found her to be especially infectious to the point where I'd like to go check out her B&B (not too far from where I live) even though I abhor the idea of sharing bathrooms, etc.

I didn't think Dean was too bad. He seemed to be understanding of how difficult it was for her to part with items from her past, more glamorous life, but yeah, he did not exactly seem to be a ball of laughs either.

dougfir

dougfir

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2007 @ 2:29 PM

How is Tori Spelling in debt? What excuse does she have?

Hey, transforming oneself via plastic surgery into a llama/blowfish hybrid costs some serious cash.

Santos L Halper

Santos L Halper

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 21, 2007 @ 3:04 PM

Wow, I really liked this show. I've been feeling the Tori love ever since she shamelessly mocked herself on So Notorious and she actually seems like a fun person. I do think it was weird in the beginning and they were talking about "love at first sight" but they conveniently left out the parts about being married to other people.

Dean seems to be just kind of a zero, personality-wise. But he's pretty.

LLalltheway

LLalltheway

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2007 @ 3:17 PM

So she's a little funnier -- at her own expense -- than I expected. He, however, is skeevy.

I don't get the constant refrain that they're "reinventing" the B&B. It's an Inn, not a breakthru antibiotic.

simon920

simon920

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2007 @ 3:18 PM

But....fine, I didn't watch the show (my skin was crawling too much at the thought, besides the Real Housewives reunion show was on at the same time and I don;t have a tivo) but I did go to the Tori blog and there was this looooong list of everyone she wanted to thank for helping/donating stuff to their cute lil B&B. The list was as long as my arm. Both of my arms. Both of my arms and both of my legs. It looked like every damn thing in the place, up to and including the paint on the walls, the dishes--everything was donated by every company you've ever heard of. Oh, and what's his name Adler, top judge on Top Design was given design credit for the look of the place as well. They didn't even pick the paint chips.

Yes, of course their generous helpers did it for the free publicity, but what, exactly did these two kids do to get it up and running? Hire people? Call in favors? Promise a mention in the credits?

I'm not really seeing this as a plucky, 'let's start an Inn because we just love each other to death and we love to have people around' kind of thing.

I'm thinking more, let's think of an idea for a quasi-reality show, cash in and laugh all the way to the bank.

Mita_Jo

Mita_Jo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2007 @ 3:37 PM

I was surprised to find out that they were leasing a house. Like why wouldn't she have purchased one or at least had her parents buy her one years ago? Or did she used to own one and then couldn't afford to live in it?

I assume she still gets residual checks from 90210. I hope she does. If Nurse Wendy from Season 1 of ER can still get them, Tori for sure has to be getting them. She was on the show every season.

I don't know why, but I felt really bad for her. I don't really know all the stuff that happened between her mother and her, but I do remember her accusing her mom of having an inappropriate relationship with some guy while her father was still alive. Not that she is entitled to the money or anything, but I think her mother should have given her more money than she did. Is the brother still in good terms with mom or Tori? I see he has a new show coming out next month. Maybe he needs the money too. My only guess is that when mom kicks the bucket, both kids will get what ever is left.

PepperPot

PepperPot

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 21, 2007 @ 4:02 PM

There were some reports and at least one blind item in the gosisp columns/tabloids that basically said that Tori was still drinking lots of alcohol during her pregnancy. If true, it would explain why the baby was born underweight.

Did anyone else notice at the end of the episode where Tori and Dean we having a "romantic" dinner after their estate sale that Tori appeared to be drinking a glass of wine? Or was I the only one who saw that? The bottle definitely did not look like a bottle of Sparkling Cider.

Tori seems to like to take digs at her mom on camera. When she said that she hoped that the baby would be a girl but then again not because she didn't want to repeat the mistakes of the past (I assuming with her own mom). I am a little skeptical that this current peace treaty that they have will last very long.

And the Dean bringing the dogs to audition was obiviously staged. He could have left them at the house. C'mon. And I am sorry but the whole taking slap shots with the hockey stick and dog poo was absolutely DISGUSTING!! Why don't they take $20 from that yard sale go down to PetSmart and buy a pooper scooper? I will send them mine if they promise to never show that scene again.

karennnnn

karennnnn

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2007 @ 4:53 PM

So how did her inheritance work? Did her mom get to decide who got what or something? I thought she was on good terms with her dad so I wonder what happened there.
Maybe if she makes nice with her mom, at some point in the future she'll give her a few million.
Must be nice to be broke and still be able to just go and buy several $1500 shirts without batting an eyelash.
I never thought of residual checks. I never really watched ER but I wonder how much nurse Wendy gets?