Promos, Commercials, Sneak Peeks and Promo Pictures

• Please log in to reply

18662 replies to this topic

OUCellogal

OUCellogal

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 16, 2007 @ 5:19 PM

A place to discuss officially released commercials, promos, and other "teasers" for upcoming episodes. This includes any information the mainstream press has about casting, episode details, and the like. This is not a forum for discussion of rumors, sides, or anything else than can be considered a spoiler.

To start off discussion, the most interesting part of the promo, to me anyway, was Addison and Mark's conversation about "I didn't want a baby with you." There was lots of great discussion about this in the episode thread, but it got eaten. What do people think of this one?

Edited by OUCellogal, Jan 16, 2007 @ 5:46 PM.

wolverinegirl53

wolverinegirl53

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 2:01 AM

Early Early sunday morning I was watching ESPN and saw a promo for grey's that i have yet to seen again. At the end, Alex and Addison are in joe's, one grabs the other hand, and it looks like they're going to kiss. did anyone else see this? i've looked on youtube and everywhere and can't find it.

haberdine

haberdine

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 2:12 AM

Grey's Promo with "Addie almost kissing Alex"

Link to the video

wolverinegirl53

wolverinegirl53

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 2:14 AM

yay now i don't feel like i was losing my mind!

jp toronto

jp toronto

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 10:12 AM

I still haven't seen the original promo played after the show last Thursday - they didn't play it on CTV. Does anyone have the link to that?

OUCellogal

OUCellogal

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 10:18 AM

Link to ABC promo for tomorrow's episode....and LOVE Alex getting all flustered in response to "How's it going with Addison?"

Edited by OUCellogal, Jan 17, 2007 @ 10:19 AM.

jp toronto

jp toronto

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 1:54 PM

Thank you so much - that was worth the wait!

adfan

adfan

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 2:56 PM

The CTV promo is based on the ABC promo clip of Bailey and Izzy's talk when she figures out she payed for the surgery. It's nothing new.

rach el

rach el

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 3:55 PM

LOVE Alex getting all flustered in response to "How's it going with Addison?"

I love that too! 'What? What? What do you mean by that?' So adorable. A/A has got me all excited about the show again.

Kimbafuzz

Kimbafuzz

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 4:03 PM

I'm actually curious how we go from Addison & Mark having the heavy "I didn't want a baby with you" convo to Addison & Alex in Joe's almost kissing again.

I wonder if Addison/Mark have their convo on like day 5 and Addison & Alex have theirs on day 6.

I think Alex stumbling over his words may be before he and Addison talk at Joe's. Also, wasn't there another promo from before last week, where we had Meredith asking the question, but Alex looking a lot calmer saying, "She's doing well."? Or did I imagine that?

*off to see if I can find it*

Edited:

Found it Here
So he seems to answer the question in the gallery, cause I can see Christina's head. But I wonder what comes first, the calm or the fluster. LOL

Edited by Kimbafuzz, Jan 17, 2007 @ 4:06 PM.

Detsl

Detsl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 7:16 PM

The CTV promo is based on the ABC promo clip of Bailey and Izzy's talk when she figures out she payed for the surgery. It's nothing new.

I am not happy with CTV's lack of weekly promo lately. They give us the ABC clip after we've already seen it at ABC. And for the past 2 weeks it's been Izzie. I miss the cut ones with more characters, and I hope they return to that.

cariocababy

cariocababy

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 7:33 PM

from abc message board:

addison aborted mark's baby! i just saw on E!Talk! they showed a scene and addi and callie are talking and callie is talking and addi is staring off into space and callie's like "Did you hear a word i said? i'm pouring my heart out here!" and addi's like "I aborted Mark's baby..."

then the scene ends....

kimtbm

kimtbm

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 7:40 PM

addison aborted mark's baby! i just saw on E!Talk! they showed a scene and addi and callie are talking and callie is talking and addi is staring off into space and callie's like "Did you hear a word i said? i'm pouring my heart out here!" and addi's like "I aborted Mark's baby..."

Yeah, I knew it!! I knew it was an abortion and not a miscarriage. There's only one reason he's mad, she aborted it and because it was marks. I bet it was recent too, not back in NY. ahhh, I cant wait!

CatBoreal

CatBoreal

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 7:47 PM

Is it just me or does Shonda have it out for Addie?

It just seems that she (Shonda) can't reconcile that people love Addison. It wasn't a one night stand, it was a relationship. Reminding people that Addie cheating was so much worse than Derek cheating. Now Addie's had an abortion? That is going to alienate a whole lot of people.

I just find it frustrating.

adfan

adfan

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 7:56 PM

If they want to make me hate her and feel for Mark, they're doing a wonderful job. The comment she says to him in the promo and aborting his baby, just cruel.

Add that to the fact this is another thing she didn't disclose to Derek when she appeared wanting a second chance. It's too much.

kimtbm

kimtbm

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 7:59 PM

Add that to the fact this is another thing she didn't disclose to Derek when she appeared wanting a second chance. It's too much.

Which is why its probably more likely that she was recently pregnant and recently had an abortion. Which would be why they are talking about "this week" and why Mark is so mad. So not telling Derek is ok, its none of his buisness anymore.

CatBoreal

CatBoreal

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 8:03 PM

Unless this week would have been the due date for the baby.

I have a few friends who miscarried and after the initial loss, the week that the baby was due to arrive was the worst for them. I can see Mark feeling it more so now than at an earlier date. It's entirely possible that he was okay with Addie's decision up until this point, and then it just hit him like a kick to the gut.

adfan

adfan

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 8:04 PM

Which is why its probably more likely that she was recently pregnant and recently had an abortion. Which would be why they are talking about "this week" and why Mark is so mad. So not telling Derek is ok, its none of his buisness anymore.

That doesn't fit with Mark being angry and her saying that he's allowed "this week" obviously this week is the anniversary and meaning of something.

Meaning she had it in NY and something she should have informed Derek.

Underscore

Underscore

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 8:06 PM

It's possible she had the abortion after she and Derek had divorced. Maybe this is the week that Mark found out about it and he needs some time to deal with it. People keep saying that Addison isn't hurting and she's just interested in Alex but I'm wondering if that is just how she's dealing with everything. It's easier to ignore everything.

I very much doubt that Addison would have had an abortion just because she was mad at Mark. I think there's a lot more to it than that.

Edited by Underscore, Jan 17, 2007 @ 8:07 PM.

swimmom

swimmom

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 8:06 PM

OMG - an abortion on top of Chokegate Round 2 - a PR nightmare.

Brilliant Shonda.

kimtbm

kimtbm

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 8:09 PM

That doesn't fit with Mark being angry and her saying that he's allowed "this week" obviously this week is the anniversary and meaning of something.

Meaning she had it in NY and something she should have informed Derek.

Or she is having the abortion "this week" and in the convo scene with callie it's a day or two after. Makes no sense if it was back in NY. Not for me anyway.

Underscore

Underscore

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 8:13 PM

Or she is having the abortion "this week" and in the convo scene with callie it's a day or two after. Makes no sense if it was back in NY. Not for me anyway.

Agreed. Mark must have had no problem with it, until the week the baby would have been born or whatever and that just doesn't make sense.

But, since Mark arrived in Seattle there has been some inconsistencies in the Mark/Addison relationship. One week they're having sex and the next week they barely seem to be speaking. Perhaps thats around the time Addison found out she was pregnant.

kimtbm

kimtbm

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 8:16 PM

But, since Mark arrived in Seattle there has been some inconsistencies in the Mark/Addison relationship. One week they're having sex and the next week they barely seem to be speaking. Perhaps thats around the time Addison found out she was pregnant.

Yeah I think so. I knew that them having all that sex had to have a purpose. They just showed them having hot sex for a few days, then nothing at all. They just dropped it. And since everything comes around again... Thats probably when she did get pregnant.

swimmom

swimmom

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 8:17 PM

Yeah I think so. I knew that them having all that sex had to have a purpose. They just showed them having hot sex for a few days, then nothing at all. They just dropped it. And since everything comes around again... Thats probably when she did get pregnant.

It would also explain why she got so upset when the couple lost the baby because she was going through the same emotions.

Frizzy2120

Frizzy2120

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 8:24 PM

Swimmom its great to see you. Something with this whole addison aborted marks baby dosent fit. I mean I just dont see when she would have done it. I mean it would have had to been in New York but she was only there two months before she came to find derek witch if she would have been PG she would have had to found out like right away.

I dont know JMO

kimtbm

kimtbm

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 8:28 PM

It has to be this week that she has the abortion or else your right, it doesn't fit.
This could be another reason why Addison is going for Alex. She seems to be kissing him in the bar scene instead of alex kissing her.

cariocababy

cariocababy

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 8:29 PM

from abc message board (some people could watch some couldn't, so lets try)

NEW CLIP:
http://www.tv.com/gr...tag=tabs;videos

swimmom

swimmom

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 8:31 PM

Swimmom its great to see you. Something with this whole addison aborted marks baby dosent fit. I mean I just dont see when she would have done it. I mean it would have had to been in New York but she was only there two months before she came to find derek witch if she would have been PG she would have had to found out like right away.

Got my power restored so I have to catch up. Glad to see someone started a new thread.

In my heart, I didn't think the show would really go the abortion route. It really makes no sense because they have spent the last year trying to make her likeable and remove the "bitch on wheels" personality she had in the beginning but the abortion and her remarks to Mark bring back the old Addison.

Thanks for the new thread.

CatBoreal

CatBoreal

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 8:34 PM

Was anyone else missing the sound??

Underscore

Underscore

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 8:35 PM

In my heart, I didn't think the show would really go the abortion route. It really makes no sense because they have spent the last year trying to make her likeable and remove the "bitch on wheels" personality she had in the beginning but the abortion and her remarks to Mark bring back the old Addison.

Based on the promo that was shown at the end of the last episode, I really don't think her comment is intended to hurt Mark. I think she's upset and she just blurts it out. And if Mark is so great at being honest to other people, I think he has to be able to take it.