Cycle 8 Spoilers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1763 replies to this topic

C0mputerGeek

C0mputerGeek

Stalker

Posted Dec 11, 2006 @ 1:23 PM

Because I got tired of spoiler texting every other word in the cycle 8 thread…

There is an article on TMZ.com that there a more "larger" models in Cycle 8.

Quote: Although the girls would definitely not be labeled as plus-sized, insiders say they're far from the stick figures we're used to seeing on the runway. Our source joked that the hair and makeup peeps have their work cut out for them.

Tyra cannot possibly be serious about having a not plus-sized not runway-sized model win this competition.

There's a spoiler that the international location for Cycle 8 is Australia.

goblyn

goblyn

Fanatic

Posted Dec 11, 2006 @ 2:19 PM

Oh, and there is a spoiler floating around that the new batch of girls are drama free or whatever.

So expect a season of girls going "oh thank you ms. tyra, you look so skinny compared to me. Thank you so much for taking us to fabulous Canada so we could see all these pine trees."

attagirl

attagirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 11, 2006 @ 5:09 PM

Well sounds like Tyra's taking this last season out on a "What the f***?!" note. Fasten your seatbelts, gonna be another season of fake non-drama and girls who don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of becoming real working models.

Bring on season 3 of Australia's Next top Model (at least those girls end up working after the show)

JAZ853

JAZ853

Fanatic

• Interests:http://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested

Posted Dec 11, 2006 @ 7:36 PM

Is it really the last season? And set to air in spring, or next fall?

C0mputerGeek

C0mputerGeek

Stalker

Posted Dec 11, 2006 @ 8:16 PM

Is it really the last season? And set to air in spring, or next fall?

There is a spoiler from pugpix (I think I have the ID correct) in the Cycle 7 Spoiler Thread that Cycle 8 is the last cycle. I am not sure I believe this because they are taking applications for Cycle 9 right now.

So expect a season of girls going "oh thank you ms. tyra, you look so skinny compared to me. Thank you so much for taking us to fabulous Canada so we could see all these pine trees."

BWAAH! I think it's much more likely that the international location is Australia. I would be so pissed if other girls got to go to Spain and I was sent to Canada. No offense to our Canadian posters.

Oholibamah

Oholibamah

Stalker

Posted Dec 11, 2006 @ 9:29 PM

None taken. Brings me back to a favourite Joanie quote:

"The only place I've ever been is Canada."

Seriously... How common.

Aja

Aja

Fanatic

Posted Dec 12, 2006 @ 2:54 AM

You need to stop cracking my shit up while I'm at the office, man! SHHHHH!

DisRespeito

DisRespeito

Video Archivist

• Interests:Dancing fool here (hula, salsa, tango, cha-cha, swing, samba, chicken noodle soup, LOL), drawing, painting, reading (X-men, woooo! hoooo! Leave the highbrow shit to the frickin' nerds! =P ), cooking, gardening, peanut-butter-and-banana-sandwich-making, listening to ALL kinds of music (preferably 80s to current R&B and Hip Hop, but my pile o' CDs consists of Filipino Pop, Hawaiian, Japanese Pop, Reggaeton, Country, Rock, Indonesian Gamelan, French R&B, Salsa, Cumbia, Bossanova, etc. etc.

Posted Dec 12, 2006 @ 1:20 PM

Maybe they could be going to both places like how in Cycle 3 they went to Jamaica and Tokyo.

goblyn

goblyn

Fanatic

Posted Dec 12, 2006 @ 2:01 PM

Maybe they could be going to both places like how in Cycle 3 they went to Jamaica and Tokyo.

I hope they rub it in the cycle 8 girls faces like, remember when we took those girls in cycle 3 to Jamaica???? Well guess what? We're going to........Nova Scotia!

Sweetxcape

Sweetxcape

Fanatic

Posted Dec 12, 2006 @ 2:21 PM

Well, In the immortal words of those crazy South Park kids - if this season is the end of ANTM as we know it, Blame Canada!

Radiohead

Radiohead

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 12, 2006 @ 9:36 PM

It seems that the international destination is Australia. There have been sightings of Tyra, Miss Jay and Twiggy in Sydney. There was even a piece in the paper about Tyra's diva behaviour at a bar one evening.

C0mputerGeek

C0mputerGeek

Stalker

Posted Dec 12, 2006 @ 9:46 PM

There was even a piece in the paper about Tyra's diva behaviour at a bar one evening.

Got a link to the article? I tried looking online and could not find anything.

bean79

bean79

Just Tuned In

Posted Dec 13, 2006 @ 12:43 PM

I found a link to a picture of Tyra in Sydney: http://www.people.co...04157_5,00.html

goblyn

goblyn

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2006 @ 2:05 PM

Yay! Chances are if they can show something like this then maybe this cycle won't be as freakishly iron clad on the spoilers. Maybe we'll actually hear things like so and so gets eliminated episode 8 way back before episode one even happens. The only legitimate cycle 7 spoilers were the AJ one (posted about an hour before the episode premired on the east coast) and the pugpix one (posted just a few days before the finale). I just like to know these things. Hehe.

gant77

gant77

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 13, 2006 @ 2:34 PM

I posted this in the Cycle 7 finale episode thread, but next Wednesday on the CW they are starting Next Top Model-British Invasion. It starts at 8pm PST

avadacadabra

avadacadabra

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 13, 2006 @ 2:41 PM

I found a link to a picture of Tyra in Sydney

WooHoo!!! A legitimate spoiler!!!

GoodThings

GoodThings

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2006 @ 3:59 PM

At least in Sydney, they won't have any problems asking for directions during the go-see. But then again, they will probably plop them down in the middle of Aboriginal tribes and have them navigate from there. And the natives will have been instructed that they cannot speak English.

goblyn

goblyn

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2006 @ 4:35 PM

At least in Sydney, they won't have any problems asking for directions during the go-see

Oh come on, with the ignorant stupid girls they get you know at least one of them will be like, "oh I can't understand you what with your big accent and all"

So....they'll be dusting off the crocodile/lotion shoot from cycle 4 again then?

Radiohead

Radiohead

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 13, 2006 @ 5:20 PM

They don't print Sydney Confidential online so I can't post the article sorry! I will track it down and type it up for you guys. They are staying at a hotel in the centre of the city in Sydney. So its pretty unlikley they will put them in the middle of Aboriginal tribes :) I am going to bet they do some shoot on the top of the harbour bridge (they did this in the Aussie top model). There have been a few sightings of various judges in the city so i will keep you posted on more concrete spoilers!

pafirefly

pafirefly

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2006 @ 5:23 PM

Thanks for the info, Radiohead!

I'm really hoping (though I know it's futile) that they can give these girls some high-fashion (or at least editorial) shoots this time around. Wind tunnels just don't cut it!

Radiohead

Radiohead

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 13, 2006 @ 5:28 PM

From The Daily Telegraph - Sydney Confidential Wed December 13
'America's grumpiest top model Tyra Banks bunged on another tantrum in Sydney yesterday, turning her burly bodyguards into bouncers and having a photographer frog marched from Westfield Bondi Junction.
The fashion diva snapped for a second time in two days as she was snapped shopping at Zimmerman boutique. Instead of relaxing her, the retail therapy turned nasty when the US talk show host sent her security guys over to mall management and had the photographer removed from the building.
We say the sooner Banks goes back to work - she is here filming episodes of the model search contest for two weeks - the better. Lighten up love.'

That hasnt been the only article about her - there is one from earlier in the week that I will track down as well.

baronne

baronne

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 16, 2007 @ 6:53 PM

Hey ... are you sure you're talking about "ANTM 8" ? Or are you talking about the fact that they're going to re-show "Australia's Top Model" on VH1 in March?

Just wondering. Because they just showed a marathon of all the seasons of "America's Next Top Model " on VH1 in January with advertisements for "Australia's Next Top Model" to be re-shown in March .

http://www.topmodelg...next-top-model/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Next_Top_Model

Edited by baronne, Jan 16, 2007 @ 7:51 PM.

chic_girl85

chic_girl85

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2007 @ 8:18 PM

No, they're talking about cycle 8. The past month got erased on the boards, but the rumor (with the picture) is that the girls go to Sydney this cycle. Also, Tyra was never on AuNTM, was she?

C0mputerGeek

C0mputerGeek

Stalker

Posted Jan 16, 2007 @ 8:39 PM

I am so bummed that most of the spoilers were lost. The only thing that's in this thread is that the international location is Australia and that most of the Cycle 8 hamsters are larger than normal.

To recap what has been lost...

1. During a makeover episode of the Tyra Banks show, Tyra was so impressed with one girl that Tyra decided she would help this girl audition for Cycle 8. The girl's name is Ashley.

2. The final catwalk show is for Sass and Bide.

3. One of the contestants that makes it overseas is an Asian/Indian SHORT girl with an interesting face though.

4. One of the final two contestants is one of the "big" girls.

5. A girl by the name of Cassandra makes it to the final 13.

6. They have another double elimination.

7. One of the contestants that was supposed to make it onto Cycle 7, Luna, was asked to try out for Cycle 8. Her headline on Myspace was "I'm not Ethiopian!!!" Her myspace is now set to private, which makes me think that she is one of the Cycle 8 hamsters.

8. Cycle 8 will premiere on February 28th.

9. Cycle 8 will be the last cycle "headed" by Tyra. Someone else will take over for Cycle 9.

10. Atoosa, the ex-Editor of Seventeen magazine, will be a guest judge.

Those are the rumors/facts that I can remember. Anyone know what the prizes will be for Cycle 8?

baronne

baronne

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 16, 2007 @ 9:53 PM

Also, Tyra was never on AuNTM, was she?

I don't know. I'll take you're word for it - I've never seen Australia's Next Top Model.

I just wondered if that was where the rumor came from. Though I could see all the girls going to Australia. Especially when you consider the fact that VH1 is going to be showing a repeat of the Australian version of the show around the time the next cycle of the American version is going to be shown on the CW.

From The Daily Telegraph - Sydney Confidential Wed December 13
'America's grumpiest top model Tyra Banks bunged on another tantrum in Sydney yesterday, turning her burly bodyguards into bouncers and having a photographer frog marched from Westfield Bondi Junction.
The fashion diva snapped for a second time in two days as she was snapped shopping at Zimmerman boutique. Instead of relaxing her, the retail therapy turned nasty when the US talk show host sent her security guys over to mall management and had the photographer removed from the building.
We say the sooner Banks goes back to work - she is here filming episodes of the model search contest for two weeks - the better. Lighten up love.' We say the sooner Banks goes back to work - she is here filming episodes of the model search contest for two weeks - the better. Lighten up love.'

Well ... it's probably too late to comment on this ( it was posted over a month ago ) ...

But I say ... don't put up with it, Australia !!! If "Tyrant" is behaving like a spoiled, overpaid, celebrity - treat her like one !!!

You are under no obligation to treat her any better than she treats you. No matter who you are.

Sorry - just read the post and couldn't resist responding. Hey, if she came here and behaved like that, that's what we'd do with her, no matter how rich and famous she was !!! We have zero tolerance for spoiled celebrities. And she's a " C " list celebrity at best - she'd be sorry if she showed up here and behaved like that !!! She'd find out pretty quickly how low the celebrity scale she was.

* grrr ... now that I read that article, I really can't stand Tyra ...

OK ... Now that I commented on that ... I feel better. On with cycle 8 !!!

Edited by baronne, Jan 16, 2007 @ 10:06 PM.

lsk

lsk

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 2:57 PM

Cycle 8 will premiere on February 28th.

Yeah?

Ooks

Ooks

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 4:45 PM

10. Atoosa, the ex-Editor of Seventeen magazine, will be a guest judge.

Actually, because Atoosa stepped down, Carissa Rosenberg (the ent. director for Seventeen) will take her place.
http://www.jossip.co...next-top-model/

C0mputerGeek

C0mputerGeek

Stalker

Posted Jan 17, 2007 @ 6:06 PM

Cycle 8 will premiere on February 28th.

Yeah?

Yes. The premiere date has been provided by Yahoo! Click this link and scroll down

goblyn

goblyn

Fanatic

Posted Jan 18, 2007 @ 12:54 PM

7. One of the contestants that was supposed to make it onto Cycle 7, Luna, was asked to try out for Cycle 8. Her headline on Myspace was "I'm not Ethiopian!!!" Her myspace is now set to private, which makes me think that she is one of the Cycle 8 hamsters.

Her myspace was private last cycle too. Are you sure about this one? I don't remember hearing about this before the boards went kaplooey.

C0mputerGeek

C0mputerGeek

Stalker

Posted Jan 18, 2007 @ 1:57 PM

Her myspace was private last cycle too. Are you sure about this one? I don't remember hearing about this before the boards went kaplooey.

I am not sure about this one, but her myspace does make me think she is one of the Cycle 8 hamsters.

This one dates all the way back to Cycle 7. Check out the very first post by ckincai08 in the Cycle 7 Speculation thread:

People at Luna's school found out she got a call back to Los Angeles. One of her teachers put up a banner congratualing her on Top Model. The show found out and told her she wasn't selected for the semi-finals, but they invited her back for Cycle 8.

I was able to see her myspace when I checked before. Other people were too.