"Troy, I've seen everything": Syndication Cuts and Deleted Scenes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

40 replies to this topic

Mary2013

Mary2013

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 9, 2007 @ 12:05 PM

Anyways, I was searching my DirectTV listings a few minutes ago, and episodes from last season are already being syndicated. For example, Springfield Up is going to be on tonight at midnight. First time I ever noticed an episode of a show being in syndication months after it aired.

Is it other episodes or just Springfield Up? Maybe they are specifically showing that one because 49 UP is playing on PBS this week. Or it could be just an incredible coincidence.

nemorosa

nemorosa

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 11, 2007 @ 2:19 AM

One of my favorite syndication cuts is from Homer and Apu. After they find Apu singing sadly on the rooftop, they usually cut out where Homer comments, "Hey, he's not happy at all. He lied to us through song. I HATE when people do that!"

One of the most annoying cuts I've seen recently is in The Way We Weren't. I've seen the part where Marge accidentally burns her hair cut out, so then there's no explanation as to why her hair is brown.

Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Stalker

Posted Oct 31, 2007 @ 12:03 PM

In honour of Halloween. A couple of nights ago I was watching the very first Treehouse of Horrors and during The Raven they actually cut out "Quoth the Raven/Eat My Shorts". Which to me is the best line of the bit, plus it is the first time in the poem that "Quoth the Raven" is used.

Mr Deltoid

Mr Deltoid

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 3, 2007 @ 5:19 AM

It's irritated me for long time that they cut out Marge's rejoinder to Homer's rant in "Flaming Moe's". She says he should be glad he's making people happy, and Homer goes on about being the magical man who lives in a gumdrop house on lollipop lane. Homer leaves the room, and the pops back in and, "And in case you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic" and slams the door again. They always, always, always cut out Marge's line: "Well, duh."

GeoBQn

GeoBQn

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2009 @ 12:23 PM

I finally got around to watching the season 12 deleted scenes and felt these deserved a mention.

Liked: "A Tale of Two Springfields," after Roger Daltrey asks how the crowd is feeling tonight and Marge says she's a little chilly. Roger Daltrey shouts, "Shut the fuck up, Marge!" Unbleeped. I laughed for 5 minutes straight over that.

Odd: "The Great Money Caper," Homer mentions getting a C-note from Robby Krieger of The Doors. Krieger pops out and says there are plenty more C-notes where that came from. Bart replies, "Well that was weird." They explained that The Doors offered the use of "The End" for "Hello Gudder, Hello Father" on the condition that Krieger have a guest voice spot. That was what they came up with, and it was cut for being too out of place.

Cringe-Inducing: "HOMR," after the Flanders flock watches the anti-abortion episode of Gravey and Jobriath.
Todd: Daddy, what's Planned Parenthood?
Ned: Not now, Todd, I need to write down these doctors' names and addresses.

RomanticRights

RomanticRights

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2009 @ 7:49 PM

I saw Bart's Girlfriend the other day, and I could have sworn they cut out the "Didn't you hear, Marge? They have no bananas!" scene. That's one of the best lines of the episode!

CantThinkUpName

CantThinkUpName

Stalker

Posted Jun 8, 2011 @ 6:06 PM

I wasn't sure where else to turn with this so I figured here's as good a place has any. Has anyone else's syndicated market drastically (DRASTICALLY) curtailed the amount of episodes the air? My local Fox affiliates seem to be trapped exclusively running episodes from Seasons 20 and 21. Lost Verizon, Bart Gets a 'Z,' Eeny Teeny Maya Moe, Waverly Hills, 9021-D'Oh, Boy Meets Curl, and O Brother, Where Bart Thou? seem to be on at least once every two weeks.

kcblue86

kcblue86

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2011 @ 9:48 PM

Ugh, same here. I think it's because it's less expensive to have rights to fewer episodes, so you end up viewing the same few episodes over and over. I'm getting really tired of episodes from the 2000s.

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Jun 11, 2011 @ 5:31 AM

I've been getting a lot of Season 20 where I am, and they seem to run the same ones constantly. Not that I mind in theory - I have all the available DVD sets except for the bare bones s20 release, so I might as well watch "live" episodes that I don't own, but...yeah, it's like the same ten episodes are run over and over.

General Guy

General Guy

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 22, 2011 @ 10:50 PM

My local station is pretty good at running the entire series, but sometimes they seem to air the most recent seasons exclusively for a while. It happens most often when they get the latest season in syndication and I think it's because they want to get the most out of the newest episodes while they're still fresh.

Yogurt Baron

Yogurt Baron

Fanatic

Posted Jun 29, 2011 @ 8:08 PM

"Bart's Comet". After Willie shoots at the Skinner balloon, two military pilots manage to blow themselves/each other up. As they're parachuting down to the ground:

Pilot 1: "This is what happens when you take money out of the military and put it into health care!"
Pilot 2: "It's a good program! Just give it a chance, that's all I ask!"

I can't quite explain why that's the funniest line I've heard all year, but it is.