The Bad Girls Club

• Please log in to reply

5919 replies to this topic

Vital Verve

Vital Verve

Posted Nov 19, 2006 @ 11:58 PM

From the producers of "Real World" comes "The Bad Girls Club," a reality show featuring seven "bad girls" living together and no doubt getting in many catfights.

"The Bad Girls Club" premieres December 5 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Oxygen. The cast hasn't been revealed yet, but the press release says that some of the cast will be "familiar faces," which sounds they'll be famewhores who've been on other Bunim-Murray reality shows. Any guesses on who these "familiar faces" will be? Trishelle from "The Real World: Las Vegas" immediately came to mind. And Tonya from "The Real World: Chicago." They're always whoring themselves out on other reality shows. And any of the drunken bimbos who were arrested while they were on "The Real World."

Here are excerpts from the Oxygen press release:

OXYGEN GREENLIGHTS THE BAD GIRLS CLUB; NEW REALITY SERIES FROM BUNIM-MURRAY PRODUCTIONS

Network Orders 22 Episodes; Largest Episode Order of Reality Series Series Scheduled To Premiere in December 2006

They drive us crazy. Theyre exasperating. And some part of us wishes we could be more like them. From the producers that invented reality television, Bunim-Murray Productions, comes The Bad Girls Club, a new original series for Oxygen debuting in December 2006. The Bad Girls Club is a docu-soap chronicling a group of bad girls that are brought to live in a house together. All are determined to turn over a new leaf if they dont kill each other first.

In order to gain entrance to the club - located in Los Angeles - the group must first (literally) pledge to help themselves, and each other, change their evil ways. The cast of The Bad Girls Club will be a diverse group of women; including some familiar faces, whose inability to play nice with others has held them back both personally and professionally.

"Bad Girls Club underscores Oxygens focus on creating engaging programming for young women that also has broad appeal. Bunim-Murray has honed in on what young women want to watch, which is why they are among the most sought after and successful producers for this demographic," said Debby Beece, President of Programming and Marketing, Oxygen Media.

"With all the reality shows that we have produced, there has been a never-ending fascination with the bad girls in each cast, "said Jonathan Murray of Bunim-Murray Productions. "Since the audience loves them and loves to hate them, we thought it would be perfect to devote an entire series to them, to see how they interact with each other and if its really possible for them to change their ways."

Edited by Vital Verve, Nov 20, 2006 @ 12:13 AM.

CrazyMacy

CrazyMacy

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 20, 2006 @ 9:24 AM

this sounds like the project that Tina, Trishelle, Klep (Veronica), and Buttaface (Rachel) were working on at one time...maybe it is and Oxygen picked it up and named it? Not sure though...

elmothefuzzy

elmothefuzzy

Fanatic

Posted Nov 29, 2006 @ 1:49 AM

I am looking forward to the show. I hope that this show will be something similar to Starting Over TV show which was very snarkworthy.

Vital Verve

Vital Verve

Posted Nov 29, 2006 @ 12:24 PM

Info on the cast is now up on Oxygen's "Bad Girls Club" home page.

I don't recognize any of these women. There are no "Real World" alumni on the show. I never really watched "Road Rules." Did anyone in "The Bad Girls Club" cast appear on any other Bunim-Murray shows or any other reality shows?

SarahEC308

SarahEC308

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 29, 2006 @ 4:08 PM

I don't recognize them from any other shows. I'll definately be tuning into the first episode, though...if nothing else, it's a few new people for me to make fun of.

Vital Verve

Vital Verve

Posted Nov 29, 2006 @ 4:18 PM

Based on the video interviews on Oxygen's website, Kerry (the blonde wannabe country singer) seems like the one who's the biggest train wreck. She's the one who has an eating disorder and she once she weighed only 89 pounds, which she said "wasn't so bad." She seemed almost proud of her eating disorder.

I can't tell yet who'll be the biggest bitch. A few of the women would be better described as "Spoiled Girls" rather than "Bad Girls."

elmothefuzzy

elmothefuzzy

Fanatic

Posted Nov 29, 2006 @ 4:25 PM

At least I don't recognize any of the famewhores from somewhere else. It should be interesting what happens with how the women interact.

danzingnanzy01

danzingnanzy01

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 5, 2006 @ 11:04 PM

Aaaaaaaaand, I'm addicted. These bitches is crazy!

Dream Boy

Dream Boy

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 5, 2006 @ 11:07 PM

Wow. This was all sorts of trainwrecky goodness. I know that I should have been watching something else, but I couldn't take my eyes away from these skanks. Where to even begin!?!

I thought Leslie was going to be pretty cool, until she pulled the whole "you should have been watching my back" thing. Like her mother said, she shouldn't have stuck her nose in things. Jodie herself said that she didn't have a problem with homeboy dancing up on her, so Leslie should have kept her mouth shut. But I loved seeing her ass bounced from the club.

Speaking of which, I'm glad that Jodie, in all her tranny glory, appears to be one of the saner voices (Baltimore represent!). But I know these chicks are going to be tired of her playing the mother hen role. Already, Tipsi couldn't take her questioning her drinking (drinking to cure a hangover, WTF!?!).

And the Tipsi/Kerry altercation? Was all sorts of uncomfortable, although I laughed my ass off at Kerry pushing her in the pool and Tipsi calling her on her nose job, which I so kept saying to myself, whenever they showed her. But I actually like Kerry and Ty too, at least so far.

Aimee's attitude is already grating and I predict that Zara's voice is going to get really annoying really fast.

Now that Flavor of Love is gone, these bitches are so my new guilty pleasure. Next Tuesday can't get here fast enough.

monkfish

monkfish

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 6, 2006 @ 9:52 AM

I watched a little and found myself feeling sorry for Tipsi. I find it hard to believe she was sober when she signed up for the show and signed any releases. The producers have no interest in these women changing their behavior or working together rather than turning on one another.

Mr. Shanks

Mr. Shanks

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2006 @ 11:15 AM

Nice to know I wasn't the only one who caught this disaster. One thing though, exactly what did Jodie do for a living again? Because when they introduced her all I saw were her and some blondes in a bed wearing trashy underwear. And I wondered if her friend Beth was actually Beth from RW, being that this show is made by the creates of RW.

Aimee, to me, just seems like one of those women who always talk about how they can kick everyones ass, but then ends up getting her's handed to her.

elmothefuzzy

elmothefuzzy

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2006 @ 1:55 PM

This show has everything a person could want including drunken yoga. I am definitely hooked. I can't wait for next week.

Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 6, 2006 @ 2:41 PM

If someone I knew tried to get over last night's hangover by drinking all day, I probably would have made comments about it as well, so I don't know why Tipsi was so surprised people had something to say about it. I must admit I had never seen drunken yoga before last night - and I thought it was funny as hell. Can't wait for next Tuesday.

Vital Verve

Vital Verve

Posted Dec 6, 2006 @ 5:07 PM

One thing though, exactly what did Jodie do for a living again?

I don't know what she does for a living, but on the Oxygen website they describe her as a corporate worker by day, vixen by night.

Jonathan Murray did an interview with the Dec. 5 New York Post, where he said that at least one of the "bad girls" ends up leaving the house before the end of the show because she can't take it anymore. Any guesses on who it will be?

Auntie Anxiety

Auntie Anxiety

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2006 @ 8:04 PM

I missed the show but would love to watch it. Is there going to be a repeat of the premiere episode?

leesha79

leesha79

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2006 @ 9:49 PM

[quote[I missed the show but would love to watch it. Is there going to be a repeat of the premiere episode?[/quote]

Oxygen! repeats their original shows ad nauseum.

I didn't feel anything for Tipsi but disgust. I see repeated stabs at rehab and eventualy death from liver failure for her. To be so young and drinking that heavily... I wonder what will happen to her when her parents either cut her off or die, after she drinks her inheritance away.

I thought Kerry handled Tipsi rather well. A dip in the pool is on the kinder side of actions Kerry could have taken. A lesser woman (like, say, ME) would have knocked her ass out given that level of provocation. All it would have taken was a strong shove to send that skinny little bitch flying into that freshly-laid sod.

chloecat

chloecat

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 6, 2006 @ 9:53 PM

Auntie, they are repeating it a lot, according to my Tivfaux it is on on Thurs at 10pm, Friday at noon at Saturday at 3pm.

jellywager

jellywager

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2006 @ 9:45 AM

What kind of help are these women suppose to receive to change? I keep waiting for the life coach to walk in. Heh.
Jodi (the tall blonde..Is that her name?) reminds me of Janell from Big Brother. Aimee looked like a little old lady when she was telling of Jodi. This show is really hilarious.

elmothefuzzy

elmothefuzzy

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2006 @ 11:29 AM

What kind of help are these women suppose to receive to change? I keep waiting for the life coach to walk in. Heh.

I went through the entire episode wondering when Ifraudla and Rhonda would walk in. I guess I did end up watching too much Starting Over.

leesha79

leesha79

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2006 @ 1:43 PM

Jodi (the tall blonde..Is that her name?) reminds me of Janell from Big Brother.

Except Janey seems to have an innate sense of self-worth and poise. Plus she's not ORANGE (looks at Jodi-the-Pumpkin)

Vital Verve

Vital Verve

Posted Dec 7, 2006 @ 2:22 PM

This show is from Bunim/Murray Productions. They don't care about improving these women's lives. They only care about creating situations that will result in catfights and drama.

And you gotta love the idiots who went on this show and then whined when a fight broke out, "I didn't sign up for this!" I can't remember who said that but it was at least two of the girls. HELLO? You're on a show called "The Bad Girls Club"! You weren't chosen so you could all sit around knitting and having milk and cookies.

jellywager

jellywager

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2006 @ 3:27 PM

This show is from Bunim/Murray Productions. They don't care about improving these women's lives.

Oh, I agree that B/M loves trash, but when the grrls introduced themselves some of them talked about wanted to change their bad grrl way. So if they were not promised some help or therapy why would they even bring it up?

Mita_Jo

Mita_Jo

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2006 @ 11:17 PM

I've seen the trainwreck and its been added to my DVR.

I certainly wouldn't have pegged Leslie as the stripper. Lesbian, yeah. Stripper no. She looks way too buff to be a stripper. And she looks like a man a little.

Jodie's fake tan needs some work. Her neck is two different colors. You can see the line where the tan starts.

Ripsi, honey. AA. Soon. If ever anyone was in need of a sponsor it is you.

JessicaLovejoy

JessicaLovejoy

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2006 @ 11:24 PM

Anyone notice that whenever something goes down, Leslie is in the background eating a little something? Is that her superpower? Snacking people into violence?

I love Ripsi having no concept whatsoever of the hair-of-the-dog principle. Woman, if you're drunk at night and drunk in the day, it's not a hangover cure. It's just long-term drunk!

danzingnanzy01

danzingnanzy01

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 8, 2006 @ 12:13 AM

Anyone notice that whenever something goes down, Leslie is in the background eating a little something? Is that her superpower? Snacking people into violence?

HA! My favorite part was when Tipsi barrelled into the lamp behind where Leslie was doing her snacking and her and Ty had to run for cover. I rewound that a lot.

I also rewound Tipsi falling on her head during Drunken Yoga. I actually have some photographic evidence of some friends and myself engaging in a little DY.

Mita_Jo

Mita_Jo

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2006 @ 11:17 PM

I've seen the trainwreck and its been added to my DVR.

I certainly wouldn't have pegged Leslie as the stripper. Lesbian, yeah. Stripper no. She looks way too buff to be a stripper. And she looks like a man a little.

Jodie's fake tan needs some work. Her neck is two different colors. You can see the line where the tan starts.

Ripsi, honey. AA. Soon. If ever anyone was in need of a sponsor it is you.

JessicaLovejoy

JessicaLovejoy

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2006 @ 11:24 PM

I love Ripsi having no concept whatsoever of the hair-of-the-dog principle. Woman, if you're drunk at night and drunk in the day, it's not a hangover cure. It's just long-term drunk!

danzingnanzy01

danzingnanzy01

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 8, 2006 @ 12:13 AM

HA! My favorite part was when Tipsi barrelled into the lamp behind where Leslie was doing her snacking and her and Ty had to run for cover. I rewound that a lot.

I also rewound Tipsi falling on her head during Drunken Yoga. I actually have some photographic evidence of some friends and myself engaging in a little DY.

kidcore

kidcore

Fanatic

Posted Dec 8, 2006 @ 2:35 PM

Oh man, I can't believe I almost passed on this show. I've been seeing the ads and thought it was just a bootleg RW-meets-Starting Over knockoff. But now I think I'm gonna be hooked, especially now I've given up on this RW season for good. I just happened to come upon a repeat of the premiere last night and couldn't believe how I got sucked in so easily. John Murray may be an evil, evil man but dammit if he doesn't know how to make good tv. This time he cut straight to the chase and is gonna give us drunken craziness, wild partying, catfights, random hookups, and nonstop bitchery without all the other random RW filler (house hookups, stupid jobs, boring housemates).

Wow Ripsi, when you brag about your frequent blackouts? That's when it's time to admit you have a drinking problem. Although I did find it hilarious that in her drunky stupor she totally called out Kerry on her fake nose. And Kerry tried to deny it! At the very least she should have been all "Yeah? And what?!? At least I don't look like a fake-me-out Paris Hilton." Both Ripsi and Jodie need a fake-and-bake intervention. I don't think that shade of orange is even really found in nature.

Funny how for self-proclaimed "bad girls" who don't give a shit half of them crumbled when confronted. A real bad girl wouldn't tear up when someone questioned their drinking. Or whine to their sister when other women are supposedly ganging up on them. I'm blown away by how many times someone mentioned hating all the drama in the house. Um, what the hell did you think you were getting into? And if you're so badass wouldn't you love drama anyway? Guess the moral of the story is to show us that inside every drama queen bitch is a sad widdle girl who just wants attention and just wants to be loved.

Leslie and Ty strike me as the only real "bad girls." I would not fuck with them. Aimee might cut a bitch or at least just be the type to start some serious hair-pulling and scratching in the middle of the club. But those other broads? Eh...I just feel bad mostly for Zara. Remind me why she's there again? How manipulative and bitchy can you be in Amish country?

Mrs B

Mrs B

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 9, 2006 @ 4:16 PM

This is a wonderful tragicomic trainwreck! A perfect SO replacement show (where is Canaduck) and not as guiltful as FOL but DoggyB was a bit freaked out by the skankery. Jodie is a lot like a former friend of mine but my former friend was not as 'Hoish as Jodie. Tipsy is a couple drinks away from a stint on Intervention IMNSHO.