S1 - Wendy Pepper

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

77 replies to this topic

thatsforsure

thatsforsure

Posted Sep 23, 2007 @ 12:25 PM

I had only seen season three until last week's season 1 marathon. Maybe it's because I saw Jeffery's season first, but I can't seem to muster up a huge amount of hatred for Wendy. They didn't show the reunion episode so I just read the recap, but I feel like I either wasn't paying attention or they must have cut some things out. Talent or no talent, she just stated her opinion about Kevin's leadership and, come on, he really had none whatsoever. She was fairly unpleasant, but not enough to command visceral hatred, from me anyway.

I actually found Kara Saun much more annoying, particularly during shoegate when she was a complete hypocrite. I hate people who argue by not letting the other person get a word in edgewise.

Karlovicious

Karlovicious

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 2, 2007 @ 9:47 PM

Exactly. Wendy would have fit in perfectly with the Sam/Elia/Ilan/Betty cabal, since she loved to cheat in order to win challenges and lie about people to get them eliminated.

You know, I'm gonna have to defend the clown hag here. I don't think she ever cheated to win any challenges. Sure she decided to ape the color and basic form of Nancy O'Hell's dress but was that cheating? No. And as far as lying, Kevin was a useless leader, and everybody thought so too. With Austin it was a little shady but in the end that design failed because it was a terrible design and what's-her-face from South Africa not being able to saw didn't affect the outcome. Definitely she threw him under the bus but in the end that had no bearing in the judging; these judges can't be swayed by Wendy's third-rate Lady McBeth act.

I actually found Kara Saun much more annoying, particularly during shoegate when she was a complete hypocrite. I hate people who argue by not letting the other person get a word in edgewise.

Sadly my Kara Saun loved died a little bit with the whole shoe thing. Being self-righteous in the face of hypocrisy is unattractive.

Edited by Karlovicious, Oct 2, 2007 @ 9:48 PM.

tentimes

tentimes

Just Tuned In

Posted Dec 5, 2007 @ 6:03 PM

I just saw Season 1, back-to-back, for the first time. Loved Wendy. Though I preferred Jay's and Karastan's (my other name for her) work, I thought they were backstabbing and childish and bitchy and CHILDISH. Jesus! WHat are they going to do in the real design world, which is a thousand times more cutthroat and vicious?

And -- WTF with Karastan sleeping on the sofa & not talking to Wendy because oh, "I have too much integrity!" And the shoes? proof that she had no shame. ITA with Wendy -- if that bullshit isn't a "strategy", then what is??

I also thought Wendy got set up with the Kevin thing...I adore Tim, but it seems like he found the perfect goat to express what he (& it turns out, the other judges) were thinking. And then Nina (?) ASKED Wendy if she had something to say specific to that. Then the JUDGES threw her under the bus about that. Again: WTF?? Michael Kors, I love your advice and your sunglasses, but I can't decide whether you're a real dick, or a real cunt.

Wendy, rock on. I thought you were genuine and wonderful and just the right amount of bitch.

Edited by tentimes, Dec 5, 2007 @ 6:11 PM.

Hellzapoppin

Hellzapoppin

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 7, 2007 @ 3:19 PM

I think they kept Wendy around as "The Villian."

Edited by TWoP Nikita, Dec 7, 2007 @ 3:59 PM.

Green Ajah

Green Ajah

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 9, 2007 @ 3:50 PM

How hilarious was it when Jay says "I'll bet Wendy is in the elevator bawling her eyes out right now" and they cut to her doing exactly that?! I also thought about how much of a bummer it must be for Wendy that her grandmother gave that pimped-out house to the National Trust! Ouch! But as bad as Wendy may have been, I was more icked out by Kara Saun and that shoe scandal. "Just go ahead and charge me five bucks!" wtf? And then she goes over to Jay and (while on the phone) says "Well, are you not using free shoes from Michael Kors?" trying to include them all in her problems. So, after that, Wendy was no longer my least favorite.

tunafests

tunafests

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 12, 2007 @ 12:33 AM

I thought Wendy was a very smart lady who spoke her mind eloquently (*ahem* unlike Kara Saun). She let us know when she was sad, when she was happy, and what the reasons were in a matter of fact way. The fact that the other designers hated her for not calling herself out as the one who should be eliminated was moot. It's a competition. Like someone said above, Kara Saun really lost me when she wouldn't even let Wendy have a word in. About her grandmother giving some "pimped out" house to the National Trust, well Wendy was in the Peace Corps so I assume that she and her family are active in charity.

va32h

va32h

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2007 @ 12:06 AM

I didn't think Wendy was evil, but it bothered me that her strategy was "just not be the worst". That's a great strategy for the first ten legs of the Amazing Race or maybe Survivor, but it a competition that is supposed to be about your abilities and creativity, I have a lot more respect for the contestants that are always trying to do their best.

Moon Flower

Moon Flower

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 13, 2007 @ 5:23 PM

I don't think Wendy's designs were good enough to be in the finales, but whatever bad things Wendy did, Kara Saun's reaction was much more juvenile.

isiscloud

isiscloud

Stalker

Posted Dec 26, 2007 @ 4:52 PM

Because Nancy O'Dell has no taste.

That and Rob's postal outfit was worse than La Pep's red shoes. The dress La Pep made and the one Nancy actually wore had no relation to each other...except for the color. That's it. Jay's was actually closer to what the final dress looked like. I loved that both Nina and Michael K. say that it's too Garanimals...and that's what Nancy choose. I love that they're saying that if you're going to tweak Pep's you could tweak all of them. Nancy just liked the plain orange, which does nothing for her complexion.

I think that Kevin was his own worst enemy on the future challenge. He didn't lead at all and his design didn't fit in with the rest of the line. Anne Slowey's line about La Pep's outfit looking like something her cat gagged up was so apt. And maybe that's where the Marcel/Pep comparison comes in...with all his foams.

Personally, I disliked La Pep's "poor me" attitude to the rest of the group, but was stabbing everyone she could. Yes, it's a game, but sheesh. Plus, the end where she says she was glad that other people were making her life hell, well, you don't reap what you don't sew (pun intended).

On rewatching, Kara Saun throughout was just disagreeable, but the finale showed her dismissal of the spirit of the competition, but it doesn't make La Pep any less disagreeable in her own way, to me anyway.

Green Ajah

Green Ajah

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 26, 2007 @ 10:33 PM

I saw the S1 reunion for the first time a few weeks ago, and I did think Wendy handled all the criticisms well. Vanessa was by far more annoying, with comments about the ludicrous three SHE thought should have made it to Bryant Park. She had the audacity to include herself. I don't know about Wendy and her family's charity work, but at least when the grandmother gave the house away, she gave it to the National Trust, and it can be preserved. I've seen too many historic goldmines get rundown, torn down, or just neglected. Plus, sometimes, with later generations, the appreciation of the house/property isn't really there, so it's nice that it can still be enjoyed by those who will appreciate it. I guess still though, everyone does things differently, and most families keep property within the family, if nothing else, at least as a place to have if someone falls on hard times. A house like that though...eh...can be something to be argued over, and cause general animosity within the family, and maybe the grandmother didn't want that. I guess it's just not what I'm used to seeing happen, that's why I questioned it.

furryteeth

furryteeth

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 27, 2007 @ 1:12 AM

Wendy is definitely unlikeable, but she somehow arouses pity in me at the same time. There were moments when she clearly created her own ostracization, but there was also a lot of unwarranted, condescending "cool kids" behavior from the rest of the contestants towards her. Reminded me a lot of Marcel's situation over on Top Chef, though Wendy seemed to actively want to cast herself as a villain strategist more than he did.

What's more, she was often right when she was calling others' out on their own bullshit. Kara Saun's whole "I play with integrity" thing was so clearly false, especially by shoegate. And she's completely right that the others were all playing with different strategies all along.

Her clothes throughout the season were nowhere near as good as the others in the final four, but at the same time, I wanted to slap Kara Saun and everyone else around for suggesting Wendy didn't have enough talent to make the final 3. The fact is, despite her inconsistency, she could make some decent clothes. Based on the rules of the show, I had no problem with her being #3 in the end. That was the first week where she really did have the worst clothes on the runway (and they were still decent).

Edited by furryteeth, Dec 27, 2007 @ 1:14 AM.

wimple

wimple

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 27, 2007 @ 11:26 AM

I never saw all of season 1 (started in on the Postman challenge - which remains my favorite of all seasons), so treated myself to the DVD for Christmas. I'm just chiming in to say that WP should have been ousted at the first challenge - when she made that ridiculous jellybean bikini. I think that's why they brought back Daniel (was it Daniel?) in season 3 - TPTB agreed that they made a huge mistake.

Hitwoman

Hitwoman

Fanatic

Posted Dec 27, 2007 @ 2:56 PM

Couldn't stand Wendy when the first season aired, still can't stand her now, and watching the marathons haven't caused me to like her any better than I did before. I did find the reunion episode enlightening this week, though. I SO wish Bravo would show the reunions every time they show a marathon.

Wendy's biggest problem was that she thought she was on Survivor. All her cutthroat attitude, her sneering about strategy behind everyone else's back, even her over-emotionalizing "Picturegate"** might have stood her in better stead in a competition where your only goal is to stay in the competition and get read of everyone else. PR, to me, should be about the clothes, and I don't think Wendy ever really got that. She seemed to think that her goal should be to strategize her way to the final 3, not create the best designs.

On a more personal note, I could never get behind a contestant who was (a) completely two-faced and (b) refused to own it. Not once during the reunion did I see her come right out and admit that her behavior was questionable. Instead she waffled about what she *really* meant and tried to say everyone else was doing the same thing. Own it, Wendy! Not that it'd make me like you any more, but I'd at least respect you for it.

In regards to the clothes? For the most part, sad and dowdy.

On a slightly related note, I loved Kara Saun in the original, but I have gotten really tired of her line to Wendy about not selling your soul 'cause you might need it some day. Doesn't wear nearly as well as TC Dave's "I'm not your bitch, bitch" line to Tiffani has, IMO.

**I'm not trying to make light of what happened, but it was a PICTURE. It's not like someone drew a moustache on her daughter. I think her reaction was garnered to draw sympathy from the other contestants and perhaps gain her some positive PR. And for the most part, it worked.

Edited by Hitwoman, Dec 27, 2007 @ 2:59 PM.

Whataconcept

Whataconcept

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 30, 2007 @ 5:25 PM

PR, to me, should be about the clothes, and I don't think Wendy ever really got that

I'm pretty sure she did get it, and she realized that she could not compete on the basis of her designs, so she went the "strategizing" route.

I wanted to slap Kara Saun and everyone else around for suggesting Wendy didn't have enough talent to make the final 3.

Final four maybe, with Austin being in the final three.

I agree that Wendy should have gone the first week, when she barely dressed her model and showed an absolute lack of innovation and creativity. The second week was pretty bad, too, and then she did redeem herself with the Banana Republic outfit. She "got" Banana Republic, and worked well within the structure of that challenge.

Wendy was almost a tragic figure to me, in that she realized her limitations, then took absolutely the wrong approach to overcoming them. Had she truly been nice and helpful and a good team player, she would have at least been treated better by the other designers. She more or less lucked into the final three because of that lame Nancy O'Dell liking her orange dress.

What has happened to Wendy? She could be a great designer for Banana Republic, Gap or another conservative, ready-to-wear company, where her competent designs and ability to stay "in the box" could bring her success. In no way is this intended as a slam, because the majority of fashion nowadays is ready-to-wear, and these designers have a greater impact than the edgy, high fashion people.

Hitwoman

Hitwoman

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2007 @ 1:18 AM

What has happened to Wendy?

I read an article that I think was linked in the Jay thread not too long ago. According to that article (which was actually about what happens to winners of the Bravo shows like PR and TC), Wendy got a makeover and dumped her husband not long after her season ended. I think she has produced at least one line of clothing. In the picture I saw, she was wearing an outfit not dissimilar from Jay's outfit with all the graffitti and she was hugging a model who was wearing...something I can't remember, but I think it was reasonably attractive. She did not look at ALL like the Wendy Pepper we saw in the show.

I'm pretty sure she did get it, and she realized that she could not compete on the basis of her designs, so she went the "strategizing" route.

I think she did realize within a few challenges that she could not cut it compared to the other contestants, and it may even be that she had a few doubts once she realized the credentials of some of the other designers. But she came out both guns blazing from the very beginning, and that Survivor-type alliance happened very early on. While she may have chosen to use those strategies eventually to compensate for her lack of skills, I think she also had a cutthroat mentality from the moment the show started.

Edited by Hitwoman, Dec 31, 2007 @ 1:20 AM.

Whataconcept

Whataconcept

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 31, 2007 @ 3:26 AM

that Survivor-type alliance happened very early

You're right, it was in the first episode. Maybe she expected that kind of thing was necessary on reality shows. In the first episode, she spent a lot of time talking about Nora and some of the others being so young and having their life ahead of them, where this was her "last chance." That may have been her motivation.

Who was in that "alliance"? Wasn't Kevin--and I'm pretty sure she threw him under the bus. Was Austin?

I think that she probably felt insecure from the get-go because of her age, lack of formal training, and small-town prom dress background. She struck me as very insecure. Insecure people, along with unhappy people, can be some of the more dangerous people around, as far as being ruthless and self-involved goes.

I still think she could do very well in a big ready-to-wear company. Maybe Old Navy--Todd Oldham is their new creative director! Or something like Mossimo or one of the other Target designers. (What do I know, she may be doing better on her own.)

Hitwoman

Hitwoman

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2007 @ 9:50 AM

Who was in that "alliance"? Wasn't Kevin--and I'm pretty sure she threw him under the bus. Was Austin?

I'd have to watch again to be sure, but the only one I remember with certainty was Austin. He was the one standing to the far right in the show where the four of them are forming their "alliance". If Kevin was also one of the four, then that would mean Wendy actually ended up throwing 2 of the other 3 people in her alliance under the bus.

Wendy might do well at ready-to-wear, but maybe not. I think I'm probably close to the age she'd try to skew to, and I wouldn't wear much of what I saw her design on the show. And based on my very shady memory, I suspec she's gone a bit more edgy since the show ended, and I certainly wouldn't wear any of that.

LingPetunia

LingPetunia

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2007 @ 10:44 AM

I know it was Austin and Alexandra, and I think the last person was Robert, though I can't be too sure of him.

Whataconcept

Whataconcept

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 31, 2007 @ 3:39 PM

Wendy got a makeover and dumped her husband not long after her season ended. I think she has produced at least one line of clothing.

I googled Wendy. She said that being on PR was a "transformative" experience for her. I guess she transformed from an insecure, small-town dressmaker to a scheming, conniving, but still insecure, famewhore. She said that her husband of five years, a woodworker, couldn't make the transformation with her, so they split up. (I'd love to know the whole story behind that!) She also lost 40 lbs., got her hair dyed (no more skunk stripe), and appeared on a couple of famewhore reality shows (Celebrity Poker Challenge and some reality show star contest).

She has her own website. I didn't look at the collection(s), but the "news" section was kind of sad, since all of the news was from 2004, when she was on PR. She still lives in the same town in Virginia, and her designs are carried exclusively by a store in that town. Sounds like she is still a dressmaker to me. Her fifteen minutes are over.

ETA: The so-called alliance was Wendy, Austin, Nora and Robert.

Edited by Whataconcept, Jan 1, 2008 @ 2:38 PM.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

• Interests:I think there's something degrading about having a wife for a rival. If you fail, it's humiliating; if you succeed, it's commonplace.-Christopher Hampton, paraphrased

Posted Jan 17, 2008 @ 12:18 PM

I loved Wendy, for no other reason than she fooled a lot of people on her season.

Let me explain:

She came in with her granny shoes, gray hair, horn-rimmed glasses, and everyone began to act as though she wasn't capable, but "Okay, let's give Grandma a chance!" I can't remember who it was, but one of the other competitors (in "confessional" interview, on the show) said, "This may be her last chance." She was 39 at the time for God's sake! Another instance of this condescending attitude was Kara Saun giving Wendy a "makeover" for the Banana Republic challenge, with eyeshadow and that doofus braid in her bangs. It was just the rest of the group underestimating her, instead of picking up the pace and making winning strides for themselves. Then they have the nerve to wonder why they lost to Wendy? Such crap.

She was pretty upfront with the producers (if not the other designers) about her ambition. There's nothing wrong with that. The idea that she was called a backstabber and a liar was unfair to me, mostly because being "noble" is what got Vanessa Riley kicked off. VR stood on that runway and admitted that she wasn't good at sewing, and voted for herself. She got "auf'ed". So Wendy voted for Kevin? Sorry, but Kevin wasn't doing a very good job as a team leader for the "rock star challenge". I admit I found it hard to believe that she said later that Austin Scarlett needed to be kicked off, but that was my only problem with her. Otherwise, I never understood the hype about Wendy being a "villain".

Finally, I think she specifically "threw" earlier challenges (candy bikini comes to mind) to cement her place in the others' minds as the "helpless granny", because the ones she won were quite well broadcast and had the most publicity-potential. (A dress marketed by Banana Republic and one worn by a Grammy correspondent? I would have "skated by" on the other challenges, too.) If that's seen as underhanded and duplicitous, I can't agree.

duandsku

duandsku

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2008 @ 3:57 PM

I just wanted to chime in and say that Wendy's newest collection seems all kinds of ugly to me. I mean 40 year old women wearing t-shirts that say "eye candy" and have rhinestones over the nipples? It just depresses me.

Yuck.

Whataconcept

Whataconcept

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2008 @ 5:00 PM

one of the other competitors (in "confessional" interview, on the show) said, "This may be her last chance."

I thought that it was Wendy herself who said that. I think she was comparing herself to Norah, and said, "She's got her whole career ahead of her, but this may be my last chance."

She was so damn lucky to win the Grammy challenge. Firstly, Nancy O'Dell has no taste or style. Secondly, she (Nancy) looked at Wendy's dress as a template to be "tweaked," but looked at the other designers' work (Austin's in particular) as a finished product. And, lastly, the dress that Nancy wore at the Grammys was very different from what Wendy originally designed. The skirt and bodice were made of the same fabric.

I loved Wendy, for no other reason than she fooled a lot of people on her season

I think your comments about Wendy's strategizing hits the nail on the head as far as the reason she was widely disliked (along with her relative lack of talent). Why strategize? If they knew she was a threat, would the other designers have sabotaged her? (There is no evidence that they would have.) Why try to appear less talented than you are? You might convince the judges that you have no talent. Also, if she intentionally took a dive in the grocery store challenge, it nearly backfired on her. She came perilously close to being auf'd, and, I believe, deserved to go home. Also, she seemed genuinely terrified that she would be auf'd.

As Jeff remarked, Wendy thought she was on "Survivor," not "Project Runway." Sure, she made it to Bryant Park, but she made a poor showing there, and how much has her life/career really changed? Other than getting a divorce?

Edited by Whataconcept, Jan 17, 2008 @ 5:01 PM.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

• Interests:I think there's something degrading about having a wife for a rival. If you fail, it's humiliating; if you succeed, it's commonplace.-Christopher Hampton, paraphrased

Posted Jan 20, 2008 @ 8:24 AM

As Jeff remarked, Wendy thought she was on "Survivor," not "Project Runway." Sure, she made it to Bryant Park, but she made a poor showing there, and how much has her life/career really changed? Other than getting a divorce?

I'll admit, Wendy might have been a victim of blind ambition, because she's really not done anything else besides a couple of little-seen lines and Celebrity Poker on Bravo. Still, a little strategizing might have been in order, IMO. Since that season, there actually have been instances of "misplaced items" and other people since have used strategy (Santino Rice's mind games in his season come to mind) to get ahead.

I'm not saying it will make someone a world-renowned designer to plot and scheme. But in this show, it seems to work.

Somethyme

Somethyme

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 20, 2008 @ 9:40 AM

I don't think Wendy looks bad at all. Her weight loss certainly changed her appearance, though.

debster

debster

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 20, 2008 @ 2:54 PM

Wendy's looking a lot like Molly Shannon these days

duandsku

duandsku

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 20, 2008 @ 8:39 PM

Since that season, there actually have been instances of "misplaced items" and other people since have used strategy (Santino Rice's mind games in his season come to mind) to get ahead.

Does anyone for sure know if Wendy stole the dye from episode 2 and the fabric pattern in episode 4? It seems like you FOR SURE know it while watching it, but you never get the answer from watching the show, nor from the handful of interviews I've read about it.

In any case, Jeffrey admitted to using a strategy early on in Season 2. He decided in the first couple of episodes he would make ridiculously over-the-top pieces that showcased his technical skills, thinking that while he had talent, no one would perceive him as a threat. I don't think he ever stole any pieces or played any mindgames with anyone other than Angela, so he doesn't quite compare to the Villainess that is Wendy.

Whataconcept

Whataconcept

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 20, 2008 @ 9:52 PM

Jeffrey admitted to using a strategy early on in Season 2...he (made) ridiculously over-the-top pieces that showcased his technical skills (so) no one would perceive him as a threat.

Didn't that almost backfire on him? I mean, he was close to being voted out quite a few times (I don't remember if that was so the first few weeks). Jeffrey was a jackass, but most of what he did was upfront, making him a different type of villain. Nobody would ever make the mistake of trusting him--or probably even liking him. *Chuckle*

I didn't know that Wendy was suspected of actually stealing, etc. What a bitch! I know the disappearing dye was Robert's, wasn't it? Who lost a pattern? You'd think that she would have attacked the people that posed the biggest threats. Of course, with her taste, how would she know who had the most talent?

What a piece of work. And what did it really get her? Maybe she makes a little more money than she used to, but she made a fool of herself on national TV (and at Bryant Park imo), and got a divorce. (I assume that, after seeing her naked ambition and villainy on PR, her husband decided he didn't want to be married to her anymore.)

duandsku

duandsku

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 21, 2008 @ 2:29 AM

I didn't know that Wendy was suspected of actually stealing, etc. What a bitch! I know the disappearing dye was Robert's, wasn't it? Who lost a pattern? You'd think that she would have attacked the people that posed the biggest threats. Of course, with her taste, how would she know who had the most talent?

Kevin is the one who had the missing dye. He went around accusing everyone in the room of moving the dye, totally accused Jay of stealing it. When it seems like he's on the verge of a nervous breakdown, Wendy calls out from across the room "Hey, Kevin hun, is this your dye? It was lying on my table." He seems relieved and thanks Wendy.

Cut to episode 4. They've been working on the design of their garment for a while. Suddenly, one of the biggest pieces of Kevin's garment that he's been working on has gone missing. No one knows what happened to it. They tear everything apart looking for it. Nora gets upset because she thinks Kevin is accusing her of losing it. She starts freaking out and yelling and makes everything hard to deal with. She goes outside to cry, Kevin cuts a new piece from scratch, and they finish their outfit right before the deadline. They go to the runway and Nora is on the bottom.

Set up to episode 7, when Wendy is on the chopping block, only to get Kevin taken down for his poor leadership.

It certainly seems like Wendy was the one all along who was causing this nasty commotion.

tvmovielover

tvmovielover

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 21, 2008 @ 6:42 AM

Man, now I have to watch the episode with the dye again since I did not remember that it was found, only Jay's protest that he did not steal it. I did just watch the episode where Nora lost the pattern piece and it seems like Kevin was really angry with her for losing it but there does not seem to be a real thing that somebody took it. What Wendy did keep doing was bad mouthing group leaders on the runway (Austin, Kevin) and talking about her strategy in her interviews.

She looks hungry but younger and better now but I still find her clothes ugly and less interesting than some of the designers she beat. Of all the collections shown in the finals over three seasons, I think hers was the worst.

duandsku

duandsku

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 21, 2008 @ 10:46 AM

I did just watch the episode where Nora lost the pattern piece and it seems like Kevin was really angry with her for losing it but there does not seem to be a real thing that somebody took it.

I know that Nora suspects that someone in the room stole the pattern piece, which to the audience seems like a possibility knowing full well that Wendy has admitted to being evil and had probably hidden the dye, yet everyone else in the room thinks that Nora is acting like a totally insane person because who in their right mind would steal a pattern piece? Vanessa pretty much words her comments that exact same way. In the end, I actually agree with Nora and believe that it is a possibility that the pattern piece was stolen if Wendy is in the room.