Rock of Love Girls: Charm School

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

6030 replies to this topic

FlowerOrchid

FlowerOrchid

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 12:27 PM

Wow. What a mess todays show was. I felt really bad for Dara. And those awful feathers on her eyes. Ugh. Real nice of the women on the opposing team to make fun of her weight like that. That's showing some real "charm." And I have to say that Hottie's "spying" was so immature. I've realized that, while Hottie is good for entertainment purposes, her type of character gets old real fast.

I don't mind that Jennifer went home because she WAS lazy, and very boring. Seems as though she tried very hard to get rid of her Toastee image, but got rid of her personality as well. With that said, I think Cristal should have probably gone home too. As the leader, or whatever she was, she should have taken full responsibility. Period. She did make it seem like Dara's dress was the bestest thing ever and then for her to go to Monique afterward and blame it on Becky and Jennifer only? Please.

Next week looks so good. I can't wait to see Monique give Bootz/Larisa a beat down. She is foul-mouthed, rude, and just completely unappealing. Her behavior gets worse and worse each week. And I really hope that she's not the one lecturing Leilene about good mothers. If so, Leilene should smack the taste out of Boot'z mouth. Yes, Leilene made a fool out of herself on Flavor of Love, but how would Bootz know whether or not she's a good mother? Larisa can barely take care of herself; let's see her try to manage three kids. Plus, seeing in how Larisa behaves, she needs to worry about whether or not people are wondering the same about HER mother.

I put way too much energy on this show.

fatneck

fatneck

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 1:00 PM

Man, my interest in this show has dwindle ALOT! It becomes clear that the more popular FOL girls are gonna last longer than the less than popular ones! And it seems even the show isn't about Charmed School anymore(as if it was ever) and more about the FOL Girls bad behavior aka Girls Gone Wild!

That was BS letting Buckwild go back, not because she didn't deserve to be there, but the faux drama of trying to make it seem serious! Mo seemed terrily aware of her acting in those scenes as did the black lady judging!

unbeweavable

unbeweavable

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 1:47 PM

I felt sort of sorry for Cristal--because you know that if she had stepped forward to be her team's model, she would have gotten called down for showing off again--until she started whining to Mo'Nique about how all she did was the makeup and it was Becky and Jen's fault.

Becky should have been the model because she has a great figure. They could have draped the curtain over her stupid butterface and stuffed the extra fabric in her mouth so she couldn't bust out with that godawful cornpone blaccent of hers while going on the catwalk.

Was it my imagination, or did Leilene's entire outfit look suspiciously professional? Her koi dress was clearly modeled after her own black dress, but I can't believe that Schatar and Shay could do all that, plus the hat, by themselves.

fatneck

fatneck

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 1:51 PM

Was it my imagination, or did Leilene's entire outfit look suspiciously professional? Her koi dress was clearly modeled after her own black dress, but I can't believe that Schatar and Shay could do all that, plus the hat, by themselves.

I felt it was too! I saw it and said it look like something that belongs on a runway or fashion show! I think its another bump on how fake this show is!

unbeweavable

unbeweavable

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 1:51 PM

Sorry, double post.

Back to Leilene's outfit...if Cristal, who was a fashion design major in college and clearly knew how to work a sewing machine, couldn't do better than what she came up with in terms of complexity and finish, then how did Goldilocks and Buckeey manage so well? I think they had help from the show's stylists.

Edited by unbeweavable, Apr 29, 2007 @ 1:59 PM.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

• Interests:I think there's something degrading about having a wife for a rival. If you fail, it's humiliating; if you succeed, it's commonplace.-Christopher Hampton, paraphrased

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 2:08 PM

AtlanticVamp, you are a TWoPper after my own heart, you are. I would DIE if the other Queens of Comedy came on.

"You look crazy! You look like a bunny!"
"I say GodDAMMN. This mothafucker is fine."
"Is this the hoe stroll? Am I a hooker?"

I could go on for days.

I know, right? I guess that the four Queens of Comedy would shake out the rest of the cast. Brooke/Pumkin would know better than to fuck with anyone (Sommore and Adele would totally jack her up over a loogie!), and Larissa/Bootz would be in a world of hurt if the four of them got hold of her. But those sweet, sweet bon mots would just keep coming....ah...THAT would be quality television!

Laval

Laval

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 2:17 PM

I'm kind of sad that Toastee (Jennifer) was sent home today. Unlike Serious, Like Dat, & Buckwild, she is very charming.

As for Serious (Cristal), that girl has no sense in fashion or modeling. I also wish that she would stop shaking her butt. Its very annoying.

As for Buckwild (Becky), urbanwear & Buckwild do not mix. She is an absolute idiot. Her stupid self or Cristal should of went home today.

As for Like Dat (Darra), I should of felt sorry for her for having to wear that horrible dress from a curtain. But, I don't. I can't find anything flattering about her. It was so gross on so many levels. I really don't think she's very bright. Like Krazy, Like Dat is such a crybaby & her ouster from Charm School can't come soon enough.

As for Smiley (Leliene), she looks OK in her dress, but she is really annoying.

As for Goldie (Courtney), stop trying to be funny. Its not working & its very irritating for me to listen to your voice.

Edited by Laval, Apr 29, 2007 @ 5:20 PM.

Spastic Gazelle

Spastic Gazelle

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 2:49 PM

What the hell was that?

I just love Brooke complaining about Cristal being a "rat" and then immediately running over to tattle about her to the other girls.

Brooke, if you want to come across as threatening you should try and not use insults that sound like you've been spending way too much time at fifth grade recess.

Next week looks awesome. It looks like it made up half of the "This season on Charm School" preview.

unbeweavable

unbeweavable

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 3:02 PM

I just love Brooke complaining about Cristal being a "rat" and then immediately running over to tattle about her to the other girls.

....it was almost as good as Darra announcing ponderously "Now, I'm not one to gossip but I heard that Cristal went to Mo'Nique...blah blah blah...I just thought you'd like to know that information." Thank you, dear.

Yes, next week looks like it just might be the high point (or low point, if you will) of the entire canon of FoL spinoff shows.

tfaac2

tfaac2

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 3:30 PM

I am starting to get tired of this show. Although I know most (if not all) are playing a role, they are way too predictable. Not to mention, I got REALLY tired of most of the girls comments about Darra's weight. So she's not a size 2 or 12, but nobody deserves those comments, especially since some of those girls are a couple of grilled cheeses away from the big girl section themselves.

Edited by tfaac2, Apr 29, 2007 @ 3:31 PM.

Renzokuken

Renzokuken

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 3:32 PM

I thought Leilene looked beautiful in the dress that her team made for her. I thought that if Darra's dress was constructed better, that she would've looked just fine. I also thought that Darra looks nice with her hair straight for a change. I can't wait until Mo'nique gets in Larissa's ass next week.

Edited by Renzokuken, Apr 29, 2007 @ 3:33 PM.

angelsoulnme

angelsoulnme

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 4:18 PM

LAVAL - YOU ARE A TWOP'ER AFTER MY OWN HEART !

I tend to back off for a week or two, take in a couple of episodes and then slam them all...

Amazingly, so far Schatar is not annoying me so bad that I give myself a headache from rolling my eyes into the back of my head yet BUT Goldie, Bootz, Pumpkin and Serious ARE.

Goldie was wearing the same damn pocka dot shirt that she wore for all of the Golden Nuggett clips on the V-Spot. Something about that just struck me as odd. Does she have so few clothes that when Monique tells the girls to come downstairs dressed to impress that's all she could find? Her country accent gets worse and worse every episode. (She did not speak that country during FOL) She isn't funny, and I can't stand listening to her talk any damn more.

Pumkin looks like she could have played Eminem's mother in 8 mile - She disturbs me on so many levels I don't even know how to put it into words, and her looking twice her "TV AGE" of 26 (Which she has sustained for the past two years now) is not the only reason, it's just she really is skanky... Ugh

Bootz - Whoever said that EVERYONE IS GOING TO START WONDERING HOW GREAT OF A MOTHER she had - OMG! You nailed it with that statement! Who raises there female child to end up like that! and it has nothing to do with the fact that she is 22 years old, or she is just a kid as Mo said - She is not a kid, she is 22 for goodness sake. There a millions of 22 year olds who don't act like that loud mouth uncouth thinks she's all that wench.

She really thinks she's fine too, which makes me shake my head all the more. When she started yelling and screaming about being the judge I wanted to shove my whole fist down her throat to shut her up. I dont want to hear all that screaming and cursing. Damn .. I cant wait till they send that chick home.

Sigh ... Feel better now that I got that out of my system.

Edited by angelsoulnme, Apr 29, 2007 @ 4:19 PM.

WelMarb

WelMarb

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 4:53 PM

Bootz - Whoever said that EVERYONE IS GOING TO START WONDERING HOW GREAT OF A MOTHER she had - OMG! You nailed it with that statement! Who raises there female child to end up like that! and it has nothing to do with the fact that she is 22 years old, or she is just a kid as Mo said - She is not a kid, she is 22 for goodness sake. There a millions of 22 year olds who don't act like that loud mouth uncouth thinks she's all that wench.

She really thinks she's fine too, which makes me shake my head all the more. When she started yelling and screaming about being the judge I wanted to shove my whole fist down her throat to shut her up. I dont want to hear all that screaming and cursing. Damn .. I cant wait till they send that chick home.

WORD to this. I've seen plenty of girls like Bootz walking the street and in high school. Key words: IN HIGH SCHOOL.

In that interview I posted of her cursing out that caller, she REALLY pissed me off and showed her ignorance when the caller said she was black and she replied, "Bitch, please! You don't talk black! I talk black! That ain't hood!" Girls like Bootz usually end up on welfare with 4 kids with 4 different babydaddys.

Lyssbobiss

Lyssbobiss

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 5:10 PM

I don't care for Cristal, but I do feel like she was up against a wall. If she had been the model for the challenge, Mo would've slammed her for that ("You've always got to be the center of attention, you need to learn to let someone else be the star...etc"). I love Mo, but I definitely think that she's decided that there are women there she doesn't like for whatever reason, and she's going to make it difficult for them (this includes Bootz and Cristal/Serious).

Darra's "I'm not one to gossip, but..." reminded me of a character from In Living Color - Miss Bonita. "Now, I'm not one to gossip, so you didn't hear this from me!"

RAingitup

RAingitup

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 5:38 PM

I basically LOVE the clip for next week, when after Leilene yells, "I"M A DAMN GOOD MOTHER!" outside in the parking lot, you can hear Saaphyri say matter-of-factly, "Whoah, you mad or somethin'?" It seriously made me crack up so hard when I first saw it. Just another tidbit to show how badly I want Saaphyri to win!

deadpill

deadpill

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 7:19 PM

I think this show is my 2nd favorite in the "Flavor of Love" franchise (the original, of course, being my favorite). It's so amazing!

Schatar is man's gift from God. She is perfect in every way. She is the paradigm of beauty, kindness, and intellect. *blink blink* Oh, and I definitely think the bitch can pass for Beyonce's cousin's neighbor's sister, so there. And, she is a DIRECT descendant of royalty, so BOW DOWN.

And, man, I am not looking forward to New York. I am so tired of her. I think my love for her peaked at the Flavor of Love 2 Reunion, where she looked like a freaking goddess queen. And, now she just looks like the debacle I shat out this morning.

I'm also lovin' Leilene and her craziness! She crazy! She CRAZY!

phoenixphaerie

phoenixphaerie

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 7:39 PM

Schatar is man's gift from God. She is perfect in every way. She is the paradigm of beauty, kindness, and intellect. *blink blink* Oh, and I definitely think the bitch can pass for Beyonce's cousin's neighbor's sister, so there. And, she is a DIRECT descendant of royalty, so BOW DOWN.

Haha. Schatar, is that you?

lellie38

lellie38

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 8:29 PM

I definately agree about one team getting "help" on their project. Did we see any footage of the red dress being sewn? What we saw was a lot of spying, but not much crafting.

I think the thing that was disappointing about the losing team is they all seemed to point fingers, and not taking their share of blame. I do think if Crystal wasn't going to model, then Brook should have. As most of us know, clothes tend to look best on a thinnner body. I'm a little on the rubenesque side, so I think I can say this without pissing off too many people. When you've got a lot of real estate to cover, odds are the packaging isn't going to look spectacular.

As far as Jennifer leaving, the editing was not in her favor from the beginning. Like in the case of Thela, editing was not on her side, but blowing a gasket over everything didn't help people think she was sane.

unbeweavable

unbeweavable

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 8:42 PM

When you've got a lot of real estate to cover, odds are the packaging isn't going to look spectacular.

I too have a few extra acres in the back 40, and with clothes that fit properly anybody can look like a million bucks (hint: tailored, with strategic seaming). Which is why it's kind of sad that if Leilene's team did have assistance, the producers sacrificed Darra and her self-esteem to be wrapped in curtains.

Nikki528

Nikki528

Fanatic

• Interests:Making it through law school! CLS '10 baby!

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 9:35 PM

You guys really think that Sapphyri's team had help? The dress didn't look all that complicated to me, especially since it was mainly drapped and pinned.

Leilene really rocked that dress though and the model version somehow managed to look classier than her original black version.

Glad that fake Simon pointed out that they picked Darra to get brownie points from Monique. Those girls are too transparent.

Definitely agreed with Cristal and Jennifer being in the bottom...Jennifer was pretty much useless though, so I can't say that I'm sad to see her go.

Sapphyri needs to win. That girl definitely knowns how to strategize to her advantage.

Ananayel

Ananayel

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 9:38 PM

I didn't understand why they were using the curtains to begin with. It looked like there was a room set up with various bolts of fabric, accessories, trimmings, etc. for them to choose from. That was just stupid. That said, the basic shape of the dress was okay, and if it had been properly made to fit Darra it might have been okay. There seemed to be too much fabric in the halter part, the waist wasn't finished, and the back shouldn't have come that far down. But really, if Cristal was adamant about not modeling, Becky would have been the choice with the best body, or Jennifer or Brooke the choice with the most "model-like" i.e. no curves body. And the feathers were just idiotic, and weighed so negatively against them that they stood no chance at all.

Nikki528

Nikki528

Fanatic

• Interests:Making it through law school! CLS '10 baby!

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 10:05 PM

Yea, they ONLY picked Darra as a way to be different and get some big girl points.

I laughed out loud when Darra said that Jennifer should have taken her fingers out of her va-jay jay in order ot answer the questions or even look like she knew anything about the dress.

purplediamond

purplediamond

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 10:09 PM

I have to call bullshit on Jennifer's elimination. Yes, she didn't contribute anything, but Cristal should have went home for that mess.

I agree with you. I'm starting to see a pattern of the people doing the backstabbing, underhanded things being the ones that get to stay.

until I heard Jennifer's exit interview about how she did so much in all the challenges and should've won... delusional much?

Yeah, I laughed when Jennifer said "I didn't do anything wrong!" Yes, honey because you didn't do ANYTHING. PERIOD.

I feel so, so sorry for Darra. I can't believe she actually put on the curtain. And as for the duct tape, I really hope she had no body hair because that must have been SO PAINFUL to remove. I really don't see why the girls couldn't just have sewed something up like Leilene's team did.

Brooke the choice with the most "model-like" i.e. no curves body.

NO. Please, please remove Brooke's name from that sentence. She has saggy boobs, gigantic arms, and her body is just plain WEIRD. She really needs to go to the gym or get some plastic surgery or do SOMETHING. There is no excuse for somebody that's supposed to be in their 20's and hasn't even had kids to be looking like that.

And I agree with the person who said Goldie's accent keeps getting worse. Today it was awful. It was just like MAD TV last night when they had the "Gone with the Wind Alternate Ending" sketch and someone off-camera kept asking "Slave Girl #8" to talk in a ridiculously insulting voice. She even had the bug eyes to match! What the hell?!

casey22

casey22

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 10:21 PM

I didn't like Saaphyri this episode. She just seemed to get a little too much glee out of Darra and the dress. Considering she isn't the smallest person in the world I found her laughter odd. She came off like mean girl. What was Krystal thinking putting feathers on Darra's toes? She ended up looking like one of those old B movie Werewolves! You know the ones that had about a 100 dollars for their special effects budget and are one at 3:00 AM. Lord have mercy. Poor Darra.

truelady

truelady

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 10:33 PM

I felt so bad for Darra. I usually find her annoying, but she didn't deserve all of that abuse. I find it funny that Saaphhyri, Larissa, etc. were so insulting to Darra for being a big girl, but the woman they need to impress the most, Monique, is a full-figured woman. I think Darra is smaller than Monique.

The show gets less and less entertaining each episode. It's obvious none of these women are learning anything about charm.

True Dat2

True Dat2

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 10:37 PM

For as much shit as I gave her on FOL, I have to say that Becky is starting to be one of the few that I can stand on this show. And she is quite pretty when she is wearing the loose curls and has her makeup on. As long as she keeps her mouth closed though... and if she would stop speaking in that put-on hood rat accent. Becky should look into getting her gap closed partially or completely. She, Darra and Courtney are the only ones I care to hear from anymore.

Shitter, er I mean Schatar is working my last nerve. The rest of them are too stank for me to care about.

lellie38

lellie38

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 10:52 PM

didn't understand why they were using the curtains to begin with. It looked like there was a room set up with various bolts of fabric, accessories, trimmings, etc. for them to choose from

The only time curtains on a body looks good is in the "Sound of Music". Otherwise, work with a fabric that is forgiving. Lordy, even a runway model couldn't make curtain fabric look good.

Also, anyone can pay a photographer to take pictures to make them look like they belong in the biz. A good make-up artist can make anyone look like they deserve to be on the cover of "Cosmopolitan". With that being said, Crystal is an attractive woman, but is she model material? Not really. I saw that Crystal was trying not to draw attention to herself since she Mo pointed out she's so self-absorbed. As great as the intention was to use a plus sized model, they should have recognized using a bigger person would be perceived as "workin' it".

But really, if Cristal was adamant about not modeling, Becky would have been the choice with the best body, or Jennifer or Brooke the choice with the most "model-like" i.e. no curves body.

With that being said, I agree Becky would have been a great choice since she was pretty darn graceful during the traipsing down the carpet with the book on the head segment.

Charm School Gang....forgive me for not using the quote thing properly. I'm a newbie and am learning how to do all this stuff.

Edited by lellie38, Apr 29, 2007 @ 10:50 PM.

ambystone

ambystone

Stalker

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 11:07 PM

Ha, Lyssbobiss, Darra is totally Miss Bonita! That means Brooke is like Magenta Thompson. Next week when she jumps on some guy, I hope he pushes her off, all "get out of my way, bitch!"

I'm biased because I do like Cristal even though she was wrong for trying to rat out Becky and Jennifer. I felt bad for Serious because I agreed that the judges would have been harder on her for being a model and she would have been damned if she did and damned if she didn't. I think the judges are giving her mixed signals in that regard. I was SO glad to see Jen go home because she basically validated my opinion that she's a worthless person. If Jen wanted so badly to rehab her image after FoL, she didn't need to be on another TV show. She should have tried doing community service, like working in a soup kitchen, even though the average homeless person seems more hygienic than ol' Toasteee.

Both of those couture outfits looked awful, but I thought Smiley really looked like a bedazzled giraffe wearing an old lady Sunday church hat. With some tweaking, Darra's outfit would be okay; those feathers were definitely the kicker (feathers on her toes?! To borrow from Amy Winehouse, what kind of fuckery was that?!) I hate that Darra gets so much shit for being heavy when she's not even that big. She looked WAY better in her duct tape getup than Hottie did in that bikini/sarong monstrosity she wore during an elimination ceremony of FoL (and on her Blind Date).

Mikki Taylor is insane if she thinks Hottie has good style. Did she not see that red plaid schoolgirl-hooker outfit Hottie showed up with on the first day? I don't even know why they were focusing on couture fashion when they should have been focusing on not looking like streetwalkers even though you're on a Rainbow budget because I don't see any of these girls wearing real couture in their lives.

I loved when Leilene was talking about having been on stage before and they cut to her doing stripper moves. And rewatching last week's episode, I also loved Buckeey thinking Hottie's underwear was a bat. Too funny.

I didn't like Saaphyri this episode. She just seemed to get a little too much glee out of Darra and the dress. Considering she isn't the smallest person in the world I found her laughter odd. She came off like mean girl.

I really want to like Saaphyri because she's hilarious, but I feel like if she had been on Flavor of Love for longer than ten minutes, she would have been a part of the Buckeey/Bootz bitch clique and I would have hated her.

ghetto hood rat

ghetto hood rat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 11:09 PM

The show gets less and less entertaining each episode. It's obvious none of these women are learning anything about charm.

I dont think that was ever the point-we just like laughing at them and this show gives us another chance to do that.

But I really hope that Sapphyri gets far and possibly wins the whole thing-I am really liking here-yeah she will beat your ass over a bed, but other than that, she has some common sense and is good humored and seems fairly smart.

RobertBlue

RobertBlue

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 11:12 PM

I 100% call bullshit on Mo'nique herself coming to the conclusion that Darra was the model to win brownie points. Somebody, whether it be another judge or a producer, told her that. I cannot believe that she ragged on Darra's appearance so hard (a fellow big girl who would not have been out of place on Fat Chance, cause she actually is kind of pretty, and does have a nice set of legs), and then tried to back off of it when Darra cried by saying "Big girls are beautiful." You can't have the whole sheet cake and eat it too, Mo'nique (well, maybe SHE could, if you got her enough milk, sure, and she would look (I don't need any help, back off bitch) fabulous).

And that kind of tasteless humor is why I will never be invited on the Tyra show. Thank you and good night.

ETA: Jennifer should have been the model. Her look is reminiscent of Erin Brown (aka Misty Mundane) and she would look stunning on a catwalk with the right make-up and hair. Her plain features and very clear, milky complexion would have looked fantastic in a much smaller version of that dress, especially if they went with the crimson drapes instead of the yellow ones. She did deserve to go home, but acted classier than the whole gaggle of hoochies in the house.

Also, Saaphyrii totally cannot win this now, since VH1 keeps going back to "I'm just in it for the money." Same reason Schatar cannot win: "I'm just in it to win it." Cristal is the one who is getting a major redemption arc in the coming weeks to build up to a strong final 3 finish. Finally, next week Schatar or Larissa is totally going home next week: whoever winds up in the bottom 3 is out of there. And Becky just made major grounds in terms of editing, with Mo'nique sending her back and "breaking" her own rules. Top 6, if not farther.

Edited by RobertBlue, Apr 29, 2007 @ 11:17 PM.