Speculation without Spoilers

• Please log in to reply

2002 replies to this topic

Dewie

Dewie

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 2:06 PM

The description for this Wednesday's episode says that there is a "heartbreaking elimination".

Who could that be?

The editing in the preview gives me a Sheldon vibe. I hope not, though.

tip and fall

tip and fall

Stalker

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 3:50 PM

Oh god, Sheldon versus Kristen in LCK? Noooooo!

spaceprostitute

spaceprostitute

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 6:04 PM

My two thoughts on who it could be would be Stefan (for the first time in both of his seasons, I think, we were finally shown a little bit about his family and background - at least I'm pretty sure they never really touched much on his personal life except for a brief mention about previously being married - so since they mentioned his mother and Parkinson's I wonder if he gets bad news about his mother and then gets eliminated?) or Sheldon or Brooke. Except for Brooke's fried chicken mishap she's done remarkably well and Sheldon has sort of dark horsed his way in there with very solid performances in the last few weeks, and they're likeable people that I think people are rooting for (and they've heavily featured Brooke talking about how hard it's been being away from her kid and how she's doing this all for him). The editing makes it look like Sheldon, but then again the editing of last week's preview didn't mention Josie at all (it heavily featured Brooke talking about how it's her worst day there so far). So the Sheldon preview could be a red herring. My money is on Brooke with Stefan as my back-up pick.

HyeChaps

HyeChaps

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 6:51 PM

Remember this is Bravo. They think we love Stefan and his elimination would be heartbreaking to us.

seltzer4

seltzer4

Fanatic

Posted Jan 29, 2013 @ 5:19 PM

I wonder if heartbreaking means an emotional elimination. I agree with everyone about it being Brooke because of her family stories. Then again Josh could go as well, because his constant backstories.

Its safe to say that Lizzie is pretty much safe. I don't think we know any backstory of her.

The Solution

The Solution

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 10:43 AM

A Josh elimination would be heartbreaking to him, so I'm hoping that it's Josh.

Modernwhimsy

Modernwhimsy

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 1:31 AM

Doesnt Tom have all the incentive to put Kristin all the way through? If CJ wins to come back against Kristin Tom is now even more aware of her egregious kickoff. So he knows he wants Kristin back against Sheldon, Brooke and whomever doesn't go home next week. They haven't filmed 3 episodes right? I'm not sure how Tom can avoid using the bias he has seen through all of the full episodes that have been aired. His fuller picture makes LCK seem like a corrector.

Of course this totally gets complicated if sheldon loses in the next episode! Doubt it, but who knows.

Gulielma

Gulielma

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 11:41 AM

So a "heartbreaking elimination" is the one I expected all along?

The Solution

The Solution

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 12:28 PM

Now I'm wondering if the purpose of bringing back the three ringers from the previous seasons was to prove that the judges got it right the first time.

notinbtnet

notinbtnet

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 7:10 PM

I have a funny suspicion that CJ will face Kristin in the last Last Chance Kitchen (assuming he wins the Save a Chef competition, which he has been winning). From there, Tom will choose CJ as the winner of Last Chance Kitchen. The conspiracy theorist in me says that Sheldon won't win because Paul won last season, and I just don't see two Asian winners in a row. There has also only been one female winner, and they brought in Izard to judge this season where she said "for now" when she was introduced as the only female winner. So based on this, my guess is our ultimate winner will either be CJ or Brooke. Kristin has won too much money, so I just can't see her winning even though she's been (in my eyes) the best chef this season.

smoky

smoky

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 2, 2013 @ 3:50 PM

Just from watching the talking head interviews and seeing what a really good mood he's in, I'm thinking Josh has made it to whatever final number the show is up to before they stopped the show. (They still have to add who ever wins LCK/Save a chef.) Sheldon looks really sad, which makes me think he is not. Hope I'm wrong.

Totale

Totale

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 16, 2013 @ 11:28 AM

It didn't occur to me until I was reading the last episode thread (where this doesn't really belong) that my suspicions of producer manipulation on this show have grown to the point where I think it's entirely possible that the mediocre Josh was left in this long just so we could see the baby mama drama, and if she'd delivered two weeks earlier he'd have been out three or four episodes back.

emtlee

emtlee

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 17, 2013 @ 11:29 AM

The previews for the Finale Part 1 episode make it seem too obvious that Brooke is going home. I hope that isn't the case! Does anyone have any insight?

Lamb18

Lamb18

Fanatic

Posted Oct 2, 2013 @ 10:59 PM

I was watching the first episode and during someone's talking head, I thought, "This guy is the winner." His name is Nick Elmi.  I have no logic to base this on.  He made it through the first episode.  We'll see what happens!

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Oct 3, 2013 @ 12:53 AM

I have no logic to base this on.

Especially because a winner hasn't been chosen yet.

PhillipKyler

PhillipKyler

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 3:53 AM

Judging from tonight's preview, my guess is Carlos returns next week. When they showed the person waiting to be revealed, they had their hands resting on their hips. I knew I recognized the pose, rewinded it and Carlos seems to do it a lot.

mlp

mlp

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 6:32 PM

I think it may be Carlos (and hope it's Carlos) based just on the split-second look at the expression on Nick's face when the person was revealed.  He did not look pleased.   

Butch718

Butch718

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 8:28 PM

I think it may be Carlos (and hope it's Carlos) based just on the split-second look at the expression on Nick's face when the person was revealed.  He did not look pleased.   

He never looks pleased. That's a typical Nick face. 

LaurelG

LaurelG

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 28, 2014 @ 9:46 AM

I think Louis is in the finale.  Based on the brief shot, it seems the winning chef had a chef coat with sleeves ending below the elbow - which matches Louis' coat.  Just a guess.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Jan 30, 2014 @ 7:25 AM

I am wondering what Nick's advantage is because it seems from the previews that Nina literally gets her dream team Shirley, Stephanie and her BFF Travis (which given we see there seems to be a front of the house element is good for Nina). Nick gets Jason, which given they were tight before TC that makes sense and Brian, I didn't see his third, it probably isn't choosing first for teams.

Edited by biakbiak, Jan 30, 2014 @ 7:26 AM.

pivot

pivot

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2014 @ 10:06 AM

Nina gets Travis? Yikes. That wasn't a good pick.

I'd bet Nick gets to pick first. In the finale part 1, he was only worried about Louis. He thinks he is a better chef than Shirley or Nina so I can see him not picking any of the "girls" for his team.

Luvotomy

Luvotomy

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 31, 2014 @ 10:55 PM

The preview showed Nick, Jason and Brian in the kitchen - if they pick 3 people to help them in the finale, it probably means Nick's 3rd is FOH. Travis gave the best FOH of the season, so it makes sense to pick him and keep in the front. I'm sure Nina knows what she's doing, but frankly I wouldn't want anyone who didn't finish ATLEAST in the top 7 anywhere near my food. 

CharmCity04

CharmCity04

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2014 @ 1:33 PM

In the preview, it looks like Nina picked Shirley, Stephanie, and I believe Travis.