1-5: "All About Eva" 2006.11.01 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

138 replies to this topic

Kim

Kim

Stalker

Posted Nov 1, 2006 @ 4:50 PM

Nick and Kathryn make a startling discovery about Eva and the bank robbery.

Chipper730

Chipper730

Fanatic

Posted Nov 1, 2006 @ 11:04 PM

I enjoyed the episode, and I guess we're starting to move certain plots along now, but they really need to give us more time in the bank during the hostage crisis, because that's when the show is really at its best.

That said, Chi McBride continues to be amazing.

mezz98

mezz98

Posted Nov 1, 2006 @ 11:05 PM

Wow. Amazing episode.

Loved the flashbacks.

Glad Eva was not involved in the robbery.

Tim Daly rocked my world in this episode. Fabulous performance.

Complaints:

-Not enough Lucas and Randall.
-Why didn't they elaborate about Lucas saving Felicia from Randall.

More thoughts later after I've watched again.

Dawnie_Faith

Dawnie_Faith

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 1, 2006 @ 11:06 PM

Oh wow. I loved that. I loved how I could've gone either way on whether or not Eva was involved in the robbery all the way up to the end of the episode (though I also loved that she wasn't involved).

And Felicia. Felicia. Wow. Something passed between her and Lucas during that awful testifying moment (and how painful was that?). I have no idea what exactly passed between them, but it was definitely something. And I definitely want to know more.

Although I have to say that them articulating the idea that Lucas saved Felicia from Randall makes me sorta afraid that they're setting up to reveal the exact opposite scenario as having happened... but I can't see how that could've actually taken place, so maybe I'm looking too hard at this...

Wow. More thoughts once I've had time to digest...

Edited by Dawnie_Faith, Nov 1, 2006 @ 11:08 PM.

redhairedgirl

redhairedgirl

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 1, 2006 @ 11:06 PM

I called it. If anyone is a mole, it's Eva.

Kathryn, your involvement is just gonna kill the case. Completely. Stop, now.

Franny, you were being smart. You're gonna be his rebound girl.

Malcolm, this is gonna bitchslap you in the face. Yolu realize that, right?

Lucas, your lawyer is scum. He might be the scum to get you a good deal, but he is still scum that doesn't care about the bodies he leaves behind.

Jeremy... I don't even know where to start.

Nick... dude, you are hot.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Nov 1, 2006 @ 11:09 PM

I also enjoyed this episode. Especially since Malcolm got some good storylines out of this (family problems, being sued by the security guard's widow.) I'm glad to see Chi McBride get some good material.

Not surprisingly, Randall is going to end up being the one that shoots Eva. Question is, what will cause it to happen.

Looks like despite Lizzie being pregnant, Jeremy is going to continue going after Franny. Personally, I'm glad. I think Scott Wolf and Camille Guay have good chemistry, in my opinion. I hope they actualy pursue a relationship, and not just make her Jeremy's "rebound" girl, until Lizzie comes around. And once again, Camille looked hot tonight.

Egan continues to either say something at the wrong time (telling Lizzie she was "glowing"), or do something at the wrong time (walking in, during Nick/Kathryn/Franny interrogation/smackdown.) Poor guy.

Funniest moment was Jeremy's threat to take the nun that was giving Franny a hard time, into an ally and roughing her up a bit. The mental image of Scott Wolf beating up a nun is amusing, in a wrong sort of way.

Man, I hope this show doesn't get canceled, before all the questions are answered.

Edited by thuganomics85, Nov 1, 2006 @ 11:42 PM.

TiffanyNichelle

TiffanyNichelle

Fanatic

Posted Nov 1, 2006 @ 11:11 PM

So now I'm confused. At first I was sure Eva wasn't a part of it. And then Kathryn just had to keep on digging and I started to believe. Until Franny came to Eva's defense. But now I'm wondering if Franny made that up in order to preserve Eva's memory for her and Nick.

Damn you Kathryn for screwing with Nick's final memories. Now he'll go over everything she said during the standoff to figure out if she was playing with him.

Hee, Lucas saved Felicia. I'm going to hell but it'll be fun.

lulee

lulee

Stalker

Posted Nov 1, 2006 @ 11:18 PM

I'm going with Eva really truly not being involved. I'm guessing suspicion was shifted to her, but she's innocent. I think it was written and played with enough ambiguity so that we doubted her until the end.

Lourdes Benedicto (Eva) has such a lovely smile. I could see why Nick fell for her.

I love Chi McBride. He is just fabulous.

I had to let the dog out and missed what was up with Egan's cowboy outfit. Just a fashion statement or a fantasy?

Slade2

Slade2

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 1, 2006 @ 11:26 PM

I think this was another great episode. My husband, for the first time, sat down to watch with me and was riveted. But - and this may be the show's downfall - he couldn't stay awake for the last half. Not because he wasn't interested. We're up early and it's difficult to stay up for a 10pm show.

Anyway, I thought Kathryn was right to suspect Eva. And, honestly, I don't buy the story that Eva changed the tickets because she was holding out for a date with Nick. I have a hard time believing someone struggling with money would spend $300 changing flight dates because some guy might ask her out.

The "affection" comment from Randall's lawyer concerning Felicia and Lucas was intriguing. What did that mean? I assume the lawyer was trying to make Lucas's protection of Felicia (against Randall?) sound sordid. But Lucas does seem to look at Felicia and Lizzie more significantly than the others. But the lack of follow-up/reaction to the reveal that Felicia visited Lucas was disappointing.

So Randall hung with the skinheads in prison? Okay, not so sympathetic to me anymore. He was more interesting in tonight's episode though and I still like the ambiguity surrounding him. Also, edited to add, maybe Eva's boyfriend was lying about Randall.

I really liked Egan tonight. The way he kept walking in on awkward moments, but pulled back without judgment. I really buy that he cares about, and respects, the others.

What that bank offered the guard's family was beyond insulting. Poor Malcolm! Imagine what went through his mind when he heard that? If it had been him, what would the bank have offered his family?

Edited by Slade2, Nov 1, 2006 @ 11:31 PM.

riley605

riley605

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 1, 2006 @ 11:26 PM

Hands down, the best episode so far, for me, anyway. I really needed the extra insight into what went down "in there," and I loved that we got more Malcolm, less Egan. Also, there were more unexpected "twists," if you can call them that, and I really enjoyed that. 'Course, any show that opens w/a beauty shot of Tim Daly works for me!

I was totally on board the Eva as co-conspirator train, and was even rationalizing that her involvement was why Lucas was so insistent on finding out her condition in the Pilot - yet, from a completely different perspective: his interest could've been driven by the NEED for her to DIE to cover up his true involvement/actions? Then Franny's spiel, and ..... , I dunno.

I like Franny and Jeremy together, and her hurt look upon finding out about Lizzie's pregnancy was terrific. Then after her explanation of Eva's "classic tell" actions, my suspicious mind started off on this track: Franny was the mole, she'd been working at the bank the longest, and the way she was fanning the flames of the Eva/Nick attraction in the Pilot, maybe she'd needed Eva as the McGuffin, hence getting her the job at the bank only six weeks previous? BTW: way to be the decent mother figure, Miss "I'll Have a Drink Before Driving to my Night Job."

Someone help me, as I rewind for a 2nd viewing: when Felicia was called to testify, and the lawyer said what he did about her "attachment" to Lucas, wasn't Lucas trying to talk over her about what garbage that was, as if he was covering for her? Randall clued in right quick that he was being cast in the bad guy role, but I felt like even Lucas was a bit gobsmacked by Felicia's admission that she felt Lucas had "protected her from him." Along those same lines: tonight was the first time I've actually looked at Randall as a character and not a caricature, and I will admit to being moved when he broke down at the realization that his lil bro actually was NOT gonna be there for him.

Little insight: talked w/a hardcore "Lost" viewer just as "Lost" was coming on, and asked him if he'd watched T9: he said that he felt like it was one of those shows that you had to watch from the very beginning, and it was too late for him. This is a guy who hasn't missed an ep of "Lost," EVER.

I told him he'd love it, give it a shot, and I'd put the eps I have on DVR on DVD for him if he loved it. We'll see when I talk to him tomorrow.

Edited by riley605, Nov 1, 2006 @ 11:41 PM.

Dawnie_Faith

Dawnie_Faith

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 1, 2006 @ 11:32 PM

riley605 - he can also watch the episodes on the ABC website, apparently. :)

mezz98

mezz98

Posted Nov 1, 2006 @ 11:40 PM

Hee, Lucas saved Felicia. I'm going to hell but it'll be fun.

Fancy meeting you here. I'm "gillyann" from the "other" board.

I knew you'd be pleased to see the Lucas and Felicia moment.

Edited by mezz98, Nov 1, 2006 @ 11:41 PM.

Thena

Thena

Fanatic

Posted Nov 1, 2006 @ 11:41 PM

So I've missed a few episodes of this show, but I liked this one. Plots were moved along, and I'm interested in Lucas and his angle with the hostages so putting Felicia on the hotspot intrigued me. I also really like the Nick/Eva connection since I'm sucker for maudlin what-ifs. Good acting all around. This show is pretty decent and consistent so far; very solid. I hope it lasts so my questions can be answered.

Next week looks shippy.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Nov 1, 2006 @ 11:41 PM

I had to let the dog out and missed what was up with Egan's cowboy outfit. Just a fashion statement or a fantasy?

Apparently, Egan is planning on going horseback riding. It seems to be one of the things he always wanted to do, but never did, thanks to his pre-hostage, office drone life. At least, that's what he was told Nick.

ali59

ali59

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 1, 2006 @ 11:55 PM

Egan continues to either say something at the wrong time (telling Lizzie she was "glowing"), or do something at the wrong time (walking in, during Nick/Kathryn/Franny interrogation/smackdown.) Poor guy.

And yet, he is the one who seems to notice the undercurrents and makes some very insightful comments.

I am just loving this show. I'm still not sure one way or the other about Eva. I'll reserve judgement on that one.

I'm dying to know what happened "in there." I have no doubt that Lucas had to keep one or more of the women safe from Randall.

Each week I get more and more concerned that Kathryn is going to get into trouble. I was wincing when she went into Ed's office and was looking through the files.

Poor Nick. Between the gambling and the weight on his shoulders, I can really see him hitting rock bottom in the near future.

I don't have any problem with Jeremy and Franny getting together. It is a little soon for him but Franny seems to be better off when he is around to influence her. He's certainly better for her than sceavy Marco.

Very little Lizzie this week. And of course not nearly enough Lucas. Yikes, he's hot.

AquaGirl

AquaGirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 1, 2006 @ 11:56 PM

Joshua Malina! How you doin'?! I was so thrilled to see him. Heh, I'm lame.

Chi McBride rules above all things, but I was so not feeling the storyline with the guard's wife. I was a little annoyed by the introduction of this new plot thread when there's a bunch of old ones I'd like to see addressed.

And I think I comment every week about how pretty someone in the cast is and at the risk of growing tiresome...DAMN, this is a good-looking cast. Felicia and Eva are gorgeous. So is Tim Daly. But Scott Wolf still needs to up his carbs or something.

I liked Egan in this episode...he actually DID something. I liked his conversation at the end with Nick about Eva. It was sweet and surprisingly insightful. I find the relationship between Nick and Kathryn to be the most interesting. It doesn't seem to be romantic, although the two do have chemistry. But they do trust each other and always seem to end up working together. Can't wait to see where it goes.

They can't explain the Lucas and Felicia connection quick enough for me...I can't wait to hear more on this!

Notsomuch

Notsomuch

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 1, 2006 @ 11:58 PM

I think this was a brothers/sisters robbery with Eva and Franny working with the other two.

Duffman10011

Duffman10011

Stalker

Posted Nov 2, 2006 @ 12:02 AM

I was more impressed with this episode than last week's, so that was good. There was less Lizzie than last week, which I loooove (I still think that Jessica Collins looks like a deer in the headlights). Is there some way for Chi McBride to simply have his own hourlong show where he just does random stuff? 'Cause he's awesome. I also liked how there was less Egan, so his charming shtick doesn't grate too much early on.

Dawnie_Faith

Dawnie_Faith

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 2, 2006 @ 12:11 AM

I actually think there was more Egan - or, at least (approximately) the same amount as usual. It's just that it was a calmer, not-manic Egan, which makes him much more palatable (imo). I really liked him tonight, and was especially surprised by how much I enjoyed both of his scenes with Nick. I wasn't sure about the roomie situation between them last week, but they somehow seem to make a good fit, buddy-wise.

Edited by Dawnie_Faith, Nov 2, 2006 @ 12:11 AM.

elmothefuzzy

elmothefuzzy

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2006 @ 1:13 AM

I think this was a brothers/sisters robbery with Eva and Franny working with the other two.

Now that would be an interesting twist.

I really want to know more about what happened during the hostage crisis.

Edited by elmothefuzzy, Nov 2, 2006 @ 1:14 AM.

soccered

soccered

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 2, 2006 @ 1:38 AM

I loved this episode! I haven't watched it for a couple of weeks so I'm confused about which brother is who, but the one Felicia was talking about having a "connection" with is a total hottie. I know he robbed a bank and all, but he looks like he's such a good guy.

I absolutely love Franny and Jeremy! They're so cute together. At least Franny smiles every now and then, it looks like it hurts Lizzie to crack one. I'd love to see what a Franny/Jeremy baby would look like. Their dimples have to be genetic, it would be a waste otherwise. I can't wait for next week.

sobe

sobe

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2006 @ 2:12 AM

I really enjoyed this episode. Franny's plane ticket explanation was pretty sketchy. I can't wait to find out more information about Eva's role and what exactly was that special treatment she received from the robbers.

The characters were all tolerable this week. I don't really dislike any of the characters, but Lizzie and Egan are my least favorites. So their limited screen time was good for me.

Nick's "Ride'em cowboy" was kinda hot (I mentally deleted Egan from that scene). He's so, so pretty.

shockey80te

shockey80te

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2006 @ 2:22 AM

Can someone answer this for me please...

when Nick and Eva were having their conversation in the bank, where were they? It seemed to me like they were seperated from everyone else, but maybe I'm wrong. If they were, that might explain why everyone doesn't know what happened between Randall/Lucas and Lizzie/Felicia. Or maybe they do know. I don't know. I'm really starting to love this show.

Put me on the Jeremy-Franny love train too. I mean it's not as if it's his fault that it's didn't work out with Lizzie. She doesn't want to be with him, so now he can be with Franny. At least Franny acts like she's alive. Lizzie pissed me off again with her "I'm pregnant"... does the kid not have a father or was it the immaculate conception? She acts like Jeremy doesn't exist in the equation.

Chi is the best. The look he gave Felicia is priceless. Why the hell would she tell the truth when the evil lawyer (I know, which one?) asked her about the visit? I thought she would say "to help me remember". Instead she talks about a connection. I thought Mama Chi was going to kill someone.

I still think Eva is involved. Franny is just repeating what Eva told her.

Nick is going to go BSC soon. He's barely holding it together and he's got to be a crutch for everyone else?

Dawnie_Faith

Dawnie_Faith

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 2, 2006 @ 2:41 AM

shockey80te - Well, Nick was already chained to that pole thingy whenever their conversation(s) took place, so they'd have to be in that area (if you've seen the pilot recently, think of where he was standing when the SWAT team burst in).

It didn't look to me that they were separated from everyone else so much as it looked like they were having a moment (or more) to themselves in the middle of everything (and everyone) else. I mean, when you think about it, 52 entire hours would necessitate a lot of "downtime". They couldn't really all be huddled together quietly while Randall and Lucas pointed their guns at them continuously, so it makes sense that - as long as they were quiet and non-threatening - they were able to have smaller conversations. After all, they all knew a bunch of things about each other after the fact that wouldn't necessarily come up in that specific situation, so that accounts for things like that - and helps to explain the deeper connections they have with each other. :)

Edited by Dawnie_Faith, Nov 2, 2006 @ 2:42 AM.

sweetjane

sweetjane

Fanatic

• Interests:Took my money,<br />I couldn't buy nothin'<br />I'm sick of this brave new world<br />And my whole life was like a picture of a sunny day

Posted Nov 2, 2006 @ 2:53 AM

I was kind of bored by this episode. The flashbacks weren't as gripping as they have been in the past. And I guess I've realized that there are only certain characters I care about, while the others annoy me. I was indifferent to Franny before, but she bothered me this week. I did like the scenes with Lucas and Randall, Felicia at the hearing, and Chi McBride in all of his scenes. I normally like Kathryn and Nick the best, but the whole Eva-centric storyline just didn't hold my interest.

XJill

XJill

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2006 @ 3:04 AM

Seriously Owain Yeoman needs to STOP looking so damn hot. Good grief.

Chi's face when Felicia admitted going to the prison - whoa. Duffman10011's ChiMcBride Show idea is a good one. At this point if they "turn" it so that Lucas ends up beings some awful bad guy I will be very pissed.

I think they left it open-ended as far as Eva goes (like what did Lucas tell her when they were by the window?) but I hope she wasn't involved and I certainly don't think Franny was involved. That said, the actress that plays Franny was really great tonight. Her face when she found out about the pregnancy, and when she was thinking about what to do about Ricky, and when she realized what Nick & Kathyrn were accusing Eva of - all were really powerful to me. And I like her and Jeremy together. It's rebound, but it's kindof like they both know it??

I, too, enjoyed less manic Egan. He really is very sensible about things and says the right thing a lot of the time.

I liked that the flashbacks showed different times during the crisis, but had a common thread.

I am VERY much looking forward to some Kathryn/Nick stuff next week. As AquaGirl said, I find their relationship the most intriguing, plus Tim & Kim have mad chemistry. And with Daybreak's 2 hour premiere and the crappy ratings, I worry next week may be it for our show, so I hope we get some good stuff!

tulipe82

tulipe82

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 2, 2006 @ 3:12 AM

I liked this episode a lot.

poor kathryn is in the nine's dog house. I feel bad for her, but she had to pursue that lead at least for Ed, otherwise he would have looked like an idiot if it later was discovered that Eva did have something to do with all this.

I'm not sure it is now a certainty that she did nothing wrong though. that plane ticket explanation didn't entirely convince me.

I liked Egan in this episode, I didn't find him annoying for once.
I still don't like felicia ,the character is too weak.

I'm less bored by this show than last week's.
I'm actually looking forward to the next one.

immaf

immaf

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2006 @ 8:40 AM

I have a hard time believing someone struggling with money would spend $300 changing flight dates because some guy might ask her out.

I totally agree, but... have you seen Tim Daly?

bearlock7

bearlock7

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 2, 2006 @ 9:25 AM

I find the relationship between Nick and Kathryn to be the most interesting. It doesn't seem to be romantic, although the two do have chemistry. But they do trust each other and always seem to end up working together. Can't wait to see where it goes.

Same here, especially with next weekís previews and episode description. Looks like it might get at least a little romantic next week. So far, this is the first TV (potential) ďtriangleĒ Iíve ever seen in which I actually really like everyone involved. Iíd hate to see any of them get hurt. I'm less interested in the Franny/Jeremy/Lizzie thing, but I don't activelydislike any of them either.

Iím really wondering what happened between the Nick and Kathryn in the bank. Nickís strongest emotional connection in there so far has been with Eva. What happened that led to him having such a tight bond with Kathryn?

Like many of you, I canít decide what to think about Frannyís explanation. Were we supposed to take that as the truth? Because it didnít quite hold water for me. Iíll just see where things go and pass judgement later. I donít blame Franny for being upset. But I also donít blame Nick and Kathryn for thinking Eva was involved. Based on the information they had, they had every right to be suspicious.

And Iím even more curious now about what Lucas did. Did he protect Felicia somehow? And Lizzie? Or did he just try unsuccessfully? What about the other women? He obviously didnít/couldnít stop Randallís scissor job on Kathryn. What did Randall do (or try to do) to Felicia? Or are Felicia's "feelings" wrong?

Andromeda

Andromeda

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2006 @ 9:30 AM

I'm starting to think that every hostage is going to end up unemployed!

Malcolm will probably get fired for going against the bank (It was very chintzy of them to only offer the guard's wife $43,000. Still, I don't see how bullet-proof glass or an extra guard would have prevented the robbery).

It's only a matter of time before Kathryn and Ed split and she leaves the D.A.'s office.

And, Nick will have a melt-down soon. Still, the man does look smoldering!

I can't see any appeal in Lucas; his eyes are a nice color, but that Neanderthal brow thing is ewww.

I think there is a mole; but I don't think Eva was it.