Henry: SuperAccountant

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

498 replies to this topic

Good Queen Jane

Good Queen Jane

Fanatic

Posted Oct 27, 2006 @ 10:12 AM

I've never started a topic before, so I hope this is okay. I just had to have a place to express my HenryLove. Please, Betty, dump Walter and come into the light that is Henry. Because if you don't, there are plenty fangirls who are lining up for him!

HeadCase

HeadCase

Fanatic

Posted Oct 27, 2006 @ 11:39 AM

I loved Henry! Especially when he pulled open his shirt and, not only did he have a Superman outfit, the S was really a $. It's just something I know that he is the sexiest geeky accountant out there.

MidwesternFlair

MidwesternFlair

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 27, 2006 @ 1:02 PM

Henry is cute and dorky and adorable... just what you want in the office crush. Daniel Meade has nothing on him, if you ask me.

MoondustWolf

MoondustWolf

Posted Oct 27, 2006 @ 1:10 PM

Hey now, them's fighting words. ;)

I love Henry. And I wouldn't mind him with Betty, Daniel with someone else (NOT Amanda. I don't like her as the poor weepy girl and they've already established that romance wouldn't work with the last scene of TLTWaTW). But the "lovable geeks in love" thing sort of worries me. Maybe HE can have Amanda- eventually, of course, because teary or not, she's too bitchy for him yet. I want to see him hanging around and generally being charming. I just don't know if I want Betty with a male Betty.

cordygirl

cordygirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 27, 2006 @ 1:39 PM

MoondustWolf, I tend to agree with you. As much as I love Henry (Christopher Gorham, yum!), and as cute as their lunch scene was, I don't know if I want them together either. I hate Walter, don't get me wrong, but wouldn't it be more fun if Henry became really good friends with Betty and started hanging around a lot more, and then got a crush on someone like Amanda, or even better Christina? Hee. That would be fun. I'd just love to see him around more often, and Betty to have another friend at work that she can trust, other than Christina.

He's just such a cute super-geek! I think Christopher Gorham could rock just about anything they give to him.

The Other Daughter

The Other Daughter

Stalker

Posted Oct 27, 2006 @ 2:12 PM

I don't know if I want Henry with Betty yet but I *do* know that I want a lot more of Henry's adorkability on screen and that I definitely don't want Betty with Walter. I'd also like to see Henry interacting more with Amanda and some other staff persons like Marc, Wilhemina, and Daniel...just so Daniel can see how a nice guy acts.

SCChemE

SCChemE

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 27, 2006 @ 2:16 PM

Most people end up with someone very similar to themselves - Betty and Henry are totally believable as GeekLove. I think he is a much better fit than Daniel would be.

I loved the Clark Kent/ SuperAccountant deal. So very, very perfect.

fadooski

fadooski

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 27, 2006 @ 2:27 PM

I kept screaming at the tv : "For God's sake Betty FUCK HIM!!!, fuck him now!!!"
He's so cute and perfect for Betty. The reason she's settling for Walter is because she doesn't think she can do any better. Having a goooooorgeous , intelligent, kind, patient, funny and endearing man pay attention to her might nudge her towards realising that she's worth more than that loser can give her. I bet she felt more desirable in the moments she spent with Henry than she has in her entire life.

The biggest reason why I'm having such a strong reaction to Henry is the way he treated Betty. He's so kind, patient and attentive to her: fixing her broken wing, shyly asking her out, immediately offering to take her out someplace else when she says she's never had sushi, reassuring her with his costume and so on. Pretty much his entire interaction with her consisted of making her feel special.

sigh....

Edited by fadooski, Oct 30, 2006 @ 5:25 PM.

whyistherumgone

whyistherumgone

Fanatic

Posted Oct 27, 2006 @ 2:44 PM

Given the choice between Henry and Walter, I know who I'd pick! But I can see why Betty chose Walter. What it really shows is how much she needs to change and evolve.

I dunno, I'd rather see Betty with Henry than Walter. But ultimately, I think that would get a bit boring. He's adorkable, for sure. And they would be tres cute. But as a permanent thing? I don't know.

Of course, I'll admit to being kind of biased, because damned if I don't still want her with Daniel. lol

But if it's just between Henry and Walter? Yeah, Betty should definitely go for Henry. No contest there at all.

Good Queen Jane

Good Queen Jane

Fanatic

Posted Oct 27, 2006 @ 3:12 PM

I could live with Betty and Henry being BFF. And Henry and Christina could be good too. But, please, no Henry and Amanda. He deserves someone much better than Amanda. Amanda and Evil Marc need to keep scheming together and Henry the SuperAccountant needs to be there to back up Betty whether they are dating or not.

TwistedRedhead

TwistedRedhead

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 27, 2006 @ 4:08 PM

I love love love Henry. So much so, that this is my first post after lurking here for over two years! I agree that Betty would be better off with him than Walter (ew), but even if they don't get together, they need to keep him on the show somehow.

I am curious as to where I could get a Superman shirt like Henry's. My husband is an accountant and Christmas is just around the corner. I guess I love Henry 'cuz I'm biased.

AllAboutMBTV

AllAboutMBTV

Fanatic

Posted Oct 27, 2006 @ 4:11 PM

fadooski

I kept screaming at the tv : "For God's sake Betty F*** HIM!!!, f*** him now!!!"

Change 'Betty' to 'Henry' and the 'him' to 'me' and, yeah, that was me you heard yelling at a damn TV show last night. Thanks, "Ugly Betty" for my new TV Boyfriend!! (Back to the bench for you, Matt Saracen.)

fadooski

fadooski

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 27, 2006 @ 4:48 PM

I know! Between Daniel, Evil Mark and Super Henry, this show's provided me with several cadidates for possible TV concubines (such as Ben Browder, Brian McKensie and Jared Palecki).

And the whole superman undershirt...

If I'd been Betty I have told Walter to fuck off and taken henry right there. It was really sexy

Edited by fadooski, Oct 29, 2006 @ 11:11 PM.

louveciennes

louveciennes

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 27, 2006 @ 5:45 PM

I don't think Henry is too geeky for Betty. He seems to occupy a middle ground between Queens and Manhattan: he knows sushi, but still wears a Halloween costume. I think he would be ideal for her, because she'd be comfortable with him and he wouldn't make her feel bad when she occasionally slips and reveals her naivete; but he can also teach her about the world she's entering.

I like Daniel and Betty, but as boss/assistant, and eventually (I hope) close friends. I don't really see them getting together, unless it's waaaaay down the road.

Plus, Henry is just plain hot. Come ON.

Cyb

Cyb

Stalker

Posted Oct 27, 2006 @ 8:18 PM

Henry makes me sad. He was so cute and dorky in just the right way that it's made me realize I don't know a Henry in my own life. Damn you and your unattainable fictionalness!

fadooski

fadooski

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 27, 2006 @ 8:44 PM

Oh God, yes.

For me a character like Henry isthe most dangerous kind of fantasy because he combines so many things I want. I'm not saying that combination doesn't exist, it's just sad to see something, think "Oh wow, I want that" and then remember that it's unnattainable/non-existent.

Cyb

Cyb

Stalker

Posted Oct 27, 2006 @ 9:44 PM

Yeah, plenty of guys are hot, but how many know the circumference of the planet? Who knows what other strangley swoon-worthy factoids Henry is just waiting to spring on an unsuspecting public.

Dr. No

Dr. No

Stalker

Posted Oct 27, 2006 @ 10:17 PM

Who knows what other strangley swoon-worthy factoids Henry is just waiting to spring on an unsuspecting public.

Screw the public! Spring on ME, Henry!!!

grrowrrr...

VersesBatman

VersesBatman

Stalker

Posted Oct 27, 2006 @ 11:01 PM

It's pretty ironic that I stopped watching a show about Clark kent, when in this episode we have an adorable guy dressed up like Clark Kent.

Rant

Rant

Fanatic

Posted Oct 28, 2006 @ 1:51 AM

It's made me realize I don't know a Henry in my own life. Damn you and your unattainable fictionalness!

I've dated a Henry and he was adorable; turns out I didn't want adorable after all, but we had a great time for a while. So, yeah, they exist, geekiness and sweetness and cuteness all wrapped up in a pretty package.

So I love Henry and Betty better get hers or there's going to be some ass kicking.

ScavoSpawn

ScavoSpawn

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 28, 2006 @ 8:47 PM

Henry is so much better for Betty than Daniel. I am just praying the writers agree.

MoondustWolf

MoondustWolf

Posted Oct 28, 2006 @ 9:07 PM

But that's exactly the problem I have. He's too perfect. Which sounds awesome onscreen, but, frankly, makes for boring television. Unless the writers toss issues in after establishing the relationship, and THAT makes for sloppy television. I'd love to see something explored between the two of them, but Henry appears to just be Betty's Perfect Man, which doesn't really offer much for development or anything else. Not that I don't trust the writers to be able to pull it off...I just don't know how much faith I put in the very concept. Sadly, real life really doesn't work that well. That's not to say Daniel should get Betty yet by any means. Henry is certainly a better person than him. But one of the main points for Betty working for Mode is that she can fix that. I've already said this, but if they do hook up- and I'll be fine if they don't- I want it at the very end of the show, when they've gotten both characters to the points they are supposed to go. Henry really doesn't have anywhere to go, unless they start a big Henry/Walter/Betty triangle, which, frankly, isn't that appealing if only because it keeps Walter around. Once He Who Cheated On Betty is gone, there's just not much that can be done with Henry that won't feel like it was stuck in specifically for the obvious purpose of keeping things from being all flowers and joy. Betty deserves this, but it's too early on. The romantic area is one of the best outlets for drama in a show like this, and with Betty and Henry working this early on, you take away a huge amount of potential. Maybe they can have an arc with Henry walking bittersweetly away into the sunset in the end. Maybe he can even come back in the end. But doing this now, five episodes in...well, again. He's just TOO perfect.

Edited by MoondustWolf, Oct 28, 2006 @ 9:11 PM.

Cyb

Cyb

Stalker

Posted Oct 29, 2006 @ 8:20 AM

I'd love to see something explored between the two of them, but Henry appears to just be Betty's Perfect Man, which doesn't really offer much for development or anything else.

I don't know, I think him being her perfect guy could provide plenty of development, because it would take her time to realize not just that but that it's what she wants/deserves. In the meantime, he could start to get tired of waiting for her to realize it and development-wise realizes he deserves to be happy, too. Or... he could spend a few scenes Be-dazzling next year's Superaccountant T-shirt. Any excuse to have Gorham sticking around as long as possible is fine with me.

Edited by Cyb, Oct 29, 2006 @ 8:23 AM.

rue bee

rue bee

Fanatic

Posted Oct 29, 2006 @ 3:01 PM

He seems to occupy a middle ground between Queens and Manhattan

Could he be from Long Island City?

Edited by rue bee, Oct 29, 2006 @ 9:04 PM.

dealan

dealan

Fanatic

Posted Oct 29, 2006 @ 6:00 PM

He's just TOO perfect.

They could still fix this one of two ways:

1) Have Betty and Henry get together and give them some internal issues to work through to make them realize that they are a good fit, but they have to work at having a good relationship. Betty's insecurity is going to be one huge issue for them to work through and it would be interesting to see how Betty's personal insecurities manifest themselves. Introducing Henry to the family is going to be interesting enough, because she is going to want both parties to like each other and she's definitely going to worry that Hilda or her dad might not approve. However, there's also a potential "my life isn't good enough to impress someone outside of Queens" storyline. Amanda, Daniel, and Mark don't count because at the times that they visited, she didn't care what they thought. It would be interesting to see what happens when she does care what they think.

2) Have Betty and Henry get together and have it be really really good, and be the one uncomplicated area of her life in Manhattan, and thereby add another ally/spy in the hijinks over at Mode. Couldn't you just see him, Christina, and Betty working together to bail Daniel out or foil Wil's plan? Just the idea of the interaction of Betty and Henry versus Evil Marc and Amanda could be comedy gold, especially if Marc and Amanda keep picking on Betty. Super Accountant Man definitely won't stand for that.

Already that's two good storylines for him. And 5 episodes arc contracts can be extended, especially in the first season of a show. Hell, look at Kate Walsh on Grey's Anatomy. If the response to Henry is good enough, you never know.

backupmars

backupmars

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 30, 2006 @ 3:57 AM

But that's exactly the problem I have. He's too perfect. Which sounds awesome onscreen, but, frankly, makes for boring television.

EGGS-actly! I just have to say that while I think Betty and Henry are adorable together .... I still yearn to see Betty and Daniel together .... in the end, of course, after they've both grown up a little. I do agree that Henry is too perfect ... the way he's written and the way he comes off, He's a complete CHARACTER type - the geeky, adorkable accountant. Thus, when he and Betty are together, they're like this adorable cartoon couple ... sure they make you laugh, but really .... I don't feel there's anything REAL there. They're just the fictional fluffy couple that you enjoy on television but that you know you'd never see in real life.

That's why I still care for Betty/Daniel in the end .... because they make up a realistic relationship that has the potential to help both people grow and become more complete .... but I posted more about that in the Betty/Daniel thread :)

Edited by backupmars, Oct 30, 2006 @ 4:54 AM.

SCChemE

SCChemE

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 30, 2006 @ 8:57 AM

He's perfect at the outset, but come on ... he's an accountant. He's got to have a lot of character flaws. ;)

In the original Colombian series, wasn't there some deal about embezzlement or fixing books? Will Henry come into play with this?

I can see a lot of development for Henry, and a lot of drama that would include him meeting her Queens family.

I say, let her dump Walter, become friends with Henry and let that build up to a relationship over time. Let Henry have a girlfriend for a while, or something.

last minute

last minute

Fanatic

Posted Oct 30, 2006 @ 10:33 AM

I wonder if Henry will uncover any shady financial dealings at Mode. I kind of hope he does. It would give him something to do besides pursue Betty. I still want him to pursue Betty though.

Mrs McClaggan

Mrs McClaggan

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 30, 2006 @ 11:04 AM

He's a complete CHARACTER type - the geeky, adorkable accountant. Thus, when he and Betty are together, they're like this adorable cartoon couple ... sure they make you laugh, but really .... I don't feel there's anything REAL there. They're just the fictional fluffy couple that you enjoy on television but that you know you'd never see in real life.

But I know plenty of couples like that. I can see the argument that it wouldn't be interesting for long, but to say it isn't realistic? No way. (Besides, since when does "Ugly Betty" have to be realistic?) I find the ideas dealan and Cyb proposed very appealing -- maybe the storytelling possibilities wouldn't be as limited as I'd initially thought.

Totally keeping my feet planted on shore as far as the Daniel/Betty ship goes. (I just can't get past the "employee/boss" thing.)

AllAboutMBTV

AllAboutMBTV

Fanatic

Posted Oct 30, 2006 @ 12:48 PM

Is it Just Wrong that I watched Thursday's episode again in its entirety just for Henry's scenes? And then before I deleted it the next day, just fast-forwarded to the Henry bits? (Mmmm... Henry's bits... Sorry, where was I?) Note to self: Get life.