ACTOR: Taylor Kitsch

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

257 replies to this topic

bktv

bktv

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 29, 2009 @ 6:01 PM

Someone wrote a story talking about Taylor claiming he was "raped" during an audition.

http://tinyurl.com/languageofrape

I hope he explains this to his fans.

BethM

BethM

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2009 @ 8:05 AM

I don't see why he should. As the writer points out, the word is increasingly used to refer to any bad or demoralizing experience, so obviously most people don't care. That's how languages evolve. Word meanings change over time. (For another example, look at the word gay. Up until about 50 years ago, it just meant happy and now has acquired two additional meanings.) He would be much smarter just to ignore it.

bktv

bktv

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2009 @ 3:16 PM

I don't see why he should. As the writer points out, the word is increasingly used to refer to any bad or demoralizing experience, so obviously most people don't care.

The author most certainly did not say that "obviously most people don't care." She quoted a leading lawyer and the head of a group that supports victims of rape pointing out how dangerous this use of language is and the deleterious effect it has on rape victims. Most of the commenters agreed that this is a revolting thing to say. I think he definitely needs to apologize for it. I thought better of him.

Edited by TWoP Tennison, May 5, 2009 @ 5:45 AM.
boards on boards

JoleneBrown

JoleneBrown

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2009 @ 4:58 PM

He said something dumb in an interview, obviously meaning nothing malevolent. Everybody says a few dumb things in their lives.

BethM

BethM

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2009 @ 6:09 PM

Back to something on topic, here is a TK interview in the NY Daily News: http://www.nydailyne...ary_mutant.html

Edited by TWoP Tennison, May 5, 2009 @ 5:44 AM.
Rude and off-topic

bktv

bktv

Video Archivist

Posted May 4, 2009 @ 10:38 AM

I think it is really sad that he won't stand up and apologize for this.

Edited by TWoP Tennison, May 5, 2009 @ 5:44 AM.
Boards-on-boards

sparkles99

sparkles99

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 4, 2009 @ 1:03 PM

But how would he even know about it? He has said in more than one interview he does not look himself up on the internet, etc.

JoleneBrown

JoleneBrown

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2009 @ 1:30 AM

Why would he apologize for something that very few people are bothered by? I'm sure he doesn't even know that 2-3 people on the internet are upset. It's not like it's been in the newspapers or on entertainment tonight or something.

highlandfan

highlandfan

Video Archivist

Posted May 19, 2009 @ 9:19 AM

Here is an interview with Taylor Kitsch from the Cannes film festival talking about Gambit and The Bang Bang Club.

quietone

quietone

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2009 @ 11:34 AM

Taylor named one of People's hottest bachelors.

Edited by quietone, Jun 17, 2009 @ 11:35 AM.

pointoforder

pointoforder

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 28, 2009 @ 9:06 PM

Go to http://www.modelsurvivor.blogspot.com/ to vote for Taylor in a model competition! Act fast, he's not doing so well.

Empress1

Empress1

Stalker

Posted Jan 16, 2010 @ 2:04 PM

I came home last night and was flipping channels, and saw TK in a movie called Gospel Hill. I'd never heard of this movie but it has big names: Danny Glover, Angela Bassett, Samuel L. Jackson, Giancarlo Esposito, Nia Long, Julia Stiles (who plays his love interest). It's about race relations in a small southern community, so he does the drawl. I didn't see the whole movie, but it seemed like he was playing the son of the former town sheriff, who didn't investigate the assassination of a civil rights leader.

Pixles

Pixles

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:06 PM

Taylor Kitsch to star in 'Battleship'

avid_reader

avid_reader

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 8, 2010 @ 12:41 PM

Go to http://www.modelsurvivor.blogspot.com/ to vote for Taylor in a model competition! Act fast, he's not doing so well.

Not exactly safe for work.

crogos

crogos

Video Archivist

• Interests:Besides reading anything I can get my hands on, I enjoy watching House, Supernatural, The Office, My Boys, Dancing with the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance, American Idol and The Amazing Race.<br /><br />I also play tennis and follow the EPL, the San Antonio Spurs and the Toronto Raptors.

Posted Jan 20, 2011 @ 9:40 PM

TIM!! I was so happy to see him again. Never thought I'd be so happy to see such greasy locks :P. I loved the little smile he had on when Buddy spoke for him at his parole hearing. And the exchange with Coach? So sweet and perfectly played.

It was actually really funny to see him on screen as Tim, then see an interview with him with such short hair! Also, $80, Abercrombie? Ouch!

Here's the interview if you like: http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

(probs old news, but I actually really want to see Battleship now that I discovered that both he and Jesse Plemons are in it :D)

clementine81

clementine81

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 27, 2011 @ 10:36 AM

" thanks first time i see him with short hair, he looks so different like that.

Kamboh

Kamboh

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 9, 2011 @ 11:23 AM

There is no doubt that he looks so good in every get up.
He also looks so good in long hair.

crystalclear

crystalclear

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 27, 2011 @ 10:36 AM

I'm quite curious to see him in John Carter. Still a long way to go till march though.